Photo
- - - - -

suggestion for C60 action (speculation)

c60 suggestion speculation caffeine caffeine experts needed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 YOLF

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

So I was wondering. Could C60's effects be due to the capacity per size of the molecule? With such complex chemistry occurring a standard anti-oxidant might cleave a few ROS molecules from another molecule that has been metabolized or corrupted in some other way by ROS but that refreshed molecule is still in an oxidative environment and may yet be corrupted by ROS. With C60 being so strong an anti-oxidant in such a tiny package, is it possible that it clears more ROS in a given proximity thus allowing for a higher probability that the molecules around it remain un-oxidized and thus reach their "biologically intended targets," or a needy receptor?

There have been reports that it intensifies the effects of caffeine and a few other substances and it has been proposed that it is a pro-drug. Any caffeine experts? What other nano anti-oxidants do we know of for comparison? Anything we could feed to a small cohort and compare to the effects of C60 at home?

Edited by cryonicsculture, 11 January 2013 - 03:38 AM.

#2 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

I wonder if C60 has any influence over SIRT3 in the mitochondria:

http://www.cell.com/...1247(13)00012-0

Sirt 3 acts as a tumor suppressor (toward the end of the article):
http://www.scienceda...30131144423.htm

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

There have been reports that it intensifies the effects of caffeine and a few other substances and it has been proposed that it is a pro-drug. Any caffeine experts? What other nano anti-oxidants do we know of for comparison? Anything we could feed to a small cohort and compare to the effects of C60 at home?

I take Rhodiola which amplifies the effect of caffeine so I now what that's like. c60 doesn't do anything like that to me.

Don't know about the size being important for its basic function as an antioxidant. But being small enough to cross the blood brain barrier and the fact that its oil soluble is significant. I think bpa shares those traits. Maybe bha also but I understand it doesn't cross the bbb as well. Never tried either of those myself.

Howard

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, suggestion, speculation, caffeine, caffeine experts needed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users