* * * * * 7 votes

Smoked piracetam in a rolled cigarette

piracetam racetam nootropic nootropics smoke smoking tobacco cigarette

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#31 Breezey

• 55 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

I split a pill down the middle with my fingers. Holding it horizontally with my thumbs and index fingers. The nails on my thumbs come together at the middle of the pill where it breaks. The skin will remain intact at that point still holding it together. I pull the two apart so that one part has skin coming off it. I will get as much skin off as I can till it eventually comes apart. The rest of the skin is pretty easy to pull of. As for the remaining half, it will have excess skin on it. So you hold the pill with your left hand and pull off the excess skin so that you can get as much skin as possible. The rest will come off easily. I get pretty much around 6 pieces of skin per half so its not messy at all. Nails are a plus. Dry hands and quickness because the piracetam makes your finger tips oily.

#32 jonnyD

• 181 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

Hey,

sounds very very interesting to me.

I have a pretty good medical Vaporizier (AroMed) but i have no Piracetam here anymore.
What about Aniracetam / Pramiracetam / Noopept ? Ideas for temperatures?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 BLimitless

• 218 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Noopept flash point: 284.8°C

Aniracetam flash point: 196°C

Please make sure to look up the thermal decomposition products of anything you smoke/vape BEFORE you do it

What a beautiful breakthrough OP! Thanks for having the balls to go forth, to boldly puff where no man has puffed before (okay, there probably was someone somewhere on some mountain but whatever trevor).

Flame test on Noopept shows it melts and upon cooling down, forms into a gel-like substance. Direct contact with flame did not seem to vaporise it. I am not willing to smoke this stuff. Taste appears to be altered from original. Not sure what is going on here.

Flame test on Aniracetam shows it melts & vaporises. Upon cooling down it recrystallises. Back into Aniracetam? Hopefully a chemist can tell us.

Vaporised Aniracetam: It vaporises fine. Very thin vapour unlike piracetam: is this suggestive of thermal decomposition? 150-250mg smoked as previous method; it needs a slightly hotter flame of course. Will report back. Felt subtle instant rush to brain. Piracetam took a few minutes to kick in so we'll see.

Edited by BLimitless, 17 January 2013 - 03:49 PM.

• like x 3

#34 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Woke up and peeled a piracetam pill. Chopped up the powder. Looks like I am doing coke. Load it up on the vape with screens. Not a lot of vapor so I cranked up the heat 210c and took out the screen that was separating white powder from heat source. Thick.....

Are you using piracetam tablets? That would mean you're also inhaling all the inert and many times insoluble fillers, starch, sugars, binders, etc. This would not be a good idea. At least use pure powder if you insist on doing this.
  • like x 2

#35 troubleis

• 89 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Peculiar taste..

Somehow calmes me down. Not in a "cannabis high" calming.

Made a "school joint" as we call them here.. Emptying a cigarette, squished the tobacco and 600mg piracetam together, stuffing the cigarette again, and lighting it up. One cannot fit all the tobacco back into the cigarette so dose is somewhere between 400-500mg.

No surge of creativity or cognital improvement yet.

I must try and vaporize it next to see what happens.

-Edit
Chopped up a pill of Geratam(generic piracetam) after having peeled it.

Edited by troubleis, 17 January 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#36 troubleis

• 89 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Update..

Quite a nice feeling im having right now.. Monitor light from my mac seems too bright for my eyes!

#37 BLimitless

• 218 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Aniracetam felt funky. Experiencing irritability a la high dose Noopept although general demeanour is calm. I smoked Aniracetam, Piracetam and harmala alkaloids altogether. Difficult to comment on Aniracetam at the moment, will have to try again in isolation.

#38 kjleitz

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

What a beautiful breakthrough OP! Thanks for having the balls to go forth, to boldly puff where no man has puffed before (okay, there probably was someone somewhere on some mountain but whatever trevor).

Thank you, thank you. *bows*

But really, I have to say you took this above and beyond; with the vaporizer trial so soon after posting, the substantial research and well-done reporting, you definitely stole the show here. It seems as though we've gotten a ball rolling that hadn't been rolled before (and reported online, that is)! I love that so many have tried it and reported.

I have to say, though, that everyone needs to proceed with caution. When I did this I thought it was a terrible idea to begin with, and I'd rather not be ultimately responsible for damage to another's health.

That said, amateur experimentation in the face of the unknown is what brought science into the world! It's exciting. I feel like we're all miniature Shulgins.
  • like x 2

#39 LBGSHI

• 347 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

I'm all for experimental supplementation, but one must ask: what are the potential benefits?

Since piracetam is readily absorbed via ingestion, the only positive effects from smoking or inhalation will be faster onset of effects and more potency. One could achieve the same effect by increasing dose and taking piracetam 45 minutes earlier, and this will provide the added benefit of a much longer duration of effect. As piracetam is very inexpensive (especially in bulk powder), I don't see how the potential benefits would outweigh both the downside of shorter duration and the potential for side-effects from either the piracetam itself on the lungs and bronchi (a virtually unexplored concept), and any additional substances if smoked.

Have I missed anything?
  • like x 2

#40 kevinseven11

• 385 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Ive heard people thinking that non responders are just fast metabolizers of piracetam. Perhaps this will solve the myth.

#41 Breezey

• 55 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

I do feel like I insist on doing this. Getting pure piracetam will be on my list of things to do. I do have the original Nootropil tablets. I will vaporize one of those today.
As for the benefits, faster and more potent onset of effects. The potential benefit is that previous non-responders might very well respond now. And as I am a beginner, vaporizing piracetam helped me pinpoint exactly how much this drug does for me.
I dreamt this night. I remember quite a bit of it. Unusual, but so is vaping noots.
I am thinking of vaporizing 25% of my daily dose and ingesting the rest as I notice that vaporizing too much for too long does not increase or intensify my effects by a proportionate margin. Probably in two sittings.
This is great. All you people are really helpful and awesome. Specially OP, 'cos he did the thing that inspired the most awe in me. Blimitless thnx for walking us through the process and figuring a lot of the technicalities. And all the rest of you, those who want their health and mine to be well.

Edited by Breezey, 18 January 2013 - 01:05 AM.

• like x 1

#42 Breezey

• 55 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

Update -- I vaped a nootropil 1200 mg. It is harder to peel because the skin is made from another material, higher quality. I slice off 1/5 of the pill, crush them to powder and put 'em in between some cotton a start vaping. The vapor noticeably feels better in my body, the best way to describe it would be easier. Effects for just 240mg approx are mind blowing. Thank you to manic_racetam. The 800 mg and 1200mg pills are of the same size, so there is 400mg more of fillers in the generic one, generic fillers too. Nootropils on the other hand are by my buddies GlaxoSmithKline. It is easier to crush the pills too. The effects are that of yesterday x2. I smoked aroung 400-500mg yesterday. I didn't do the cotton thing yesterday either. Seems to be a nice addition. So. Now what?

#43 incognitivito

• 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

I did the silly thing that another poster did with the cigarette on the parking garage right away, because I was being impatient, but with Aniracetam, last night, before the flashpoint was posted, I know, ridiculous. I did it again tonight.

I tried piracetam years ago, at various doses (cant remember source, maybe relentless improvement) and though I didn't respond, I wasn't ready to dub myself a non-responder until I had gone through the entire synergistic/dosing checklist: different choline sources, not high enough attack doses, enough fats with it, more than a month, different racetams w/it, etc. I've had the aforementioned aniracetam for more than a year (750mg capsules from smart powders) and I would say I followed way more of the things on the checklist (except the all important multiple racetams) and still didn't notice anything.

Upon smoking it, I'd say about 200mg, I immediately became light headed, realized I shouldn't walk, smiled to myself, cause' I didn't want to freak myself out, and in general I guess I ended up feeling very relaxed. Hard to say how long it lasted as I was sleep deprived at the time and ready to pass out with a smiling gleam. It didn't seem like much, but at least I could say this was more of an effect than every other time I'd tried it. Hard to say if the light headed-ness was from the Ani or just a chemical burn and inhalation of that.

Same experience again tonight. In general I feel I'm in a pretty relaxed positive mood, but this could be for a myriad of factors: just got off of work, had a good day, etc. Speaking of having a good day, upon waking I felt great. Whether this can be attributed to the burning Ani is, you know, who knows. As is the whole effect I briefly felt or am subtly feeling; up for debate. Though this was interesting to feel something, well before I've exhausted all the racetams and options.

Edited by incognitivito, 18 January 2013 - 04:31 AM.

#44 troubleis

• 89 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

Something interesting happened when i went to bed after having smoked piracetam..

I use an app to monitor my sleep, and i have never seen this specific sleep pattern before. Maybe thats because this is only my fifth day monitoring my sleep, but still.

When i fell asleep i basically flatlined(died) and stied that way until the alarm went of. The app says it's a poor sleep, compared to the other days where in fall in and out of deep sleep.
This night i more or less stayed permanently in deep sleep.

Only change in my daily regimen was smoking apporximately 400mg piracetam 2/3 hours prior.

Any ideas to what have happened?

Attached Files

Edited by troubleis, 18 January 2013 - 07:43 AM.

• like x 3

#45 kjleitz

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

Something interesting happened when i went to bed after having smoked piracetam..

I use an app to monitor my sleep, and i have never seen this specific sleep pattern before. Maybe thats because this is only my fifth day monitoring my sleep, but still.

When i fell asleep i basically flatlined(died) and stied that way until the alarm went of. The app says it's a poor sleep, compared to the other days where in fall in and out of deep sleep.

Only change in my daily regimen was smoking apporximately 400mg piracetam 2/3 hours prior.

Interesting. Did you notice any changes in dreaming? Lucidity or vividness?

I've also read somewhere that acetylcholine levels being low (opposite effect of piracetam) during sleep helps memory consolidation, but I can't recall exactly what I read. Maybe it has to do with sleep patterns, and the piracetam negates them.

#46 troubleis

• 89 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

I remember I had a nightmare. But not what it was about.

That's normal though. I have nightmares basically every night.

After I started orally ingesting piracetam I can remember them in more detail. But not tonight. Im clueless.
The nightmare I had the day before, that one I can easily remember despite i have never written it down or anything(dreamt i had bought a 75 camaro that GM somehow forgot at the assembly plant, and sold some 30 years later to me. Went to a muscle car show and my sister drove it, crashing it, with me going ballistic that she had just ruined this "Gem" getting super angry etc. Then the car turned into a new model Mustang GT, which somehow seemed a bit sloppy, though i never had to chance to give 'her' full throttle and find out as my friends kept borrowing it..... &"#€&"€#%

Wow.. amazing. I can remember alot of details about this dream. Things i dont care to write about since their minor. But still. It is 2 days old, and i only just thought of it now.. Faces, people who were in it. places we were, feelings that occured during the dream/nightmare..

Edited by troubleis, 18 January 2013 - 08:42 AM.

#47 LBGSHI

• 347 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

A couple of you who've tried this have reported headaches shortly thereafter. I wonder if these headaches are caused by acetylcholine deficiency - too much piracetam all at once depleting acetylcholine faster than it can be restored via supplementation/dietary sources. Noting that this suggestion is as much of a joke as it is serious, I wonder if it would be unreasonable to attempt to smoke/vaporize an acetylcholine source with piracetam, to ensure rapid onset of effect and high availability of that as well. Of course, I would do some research before attempting this (and I don't even recommend smoking piracetam, but you guys are already doing that), but it might be worth consideration if you're intent on continuing this activity.
  • like x 1

#48 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

I've vaporized aniracetam before and it worked... not so much better than normal but it had its effect

#49 trance

• 335 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

I have that app (I think) and other similar apps, but I haven't used them in a while. It takes those measurements in those graphs based on the amount of body movement you make during the time period. Some also pick up on the sounds it detects while it's active, whether it be snoring or cars driving by, etc, and builds those into the graphs as well. It's not really monitoring actual brain waves, but moreso the audio & vibrational environment around your sleep.

Maybe you just fell asleep more deeply than usual, and had less body movement during that time period?

And did you place the phone, or whichever device you are running the app on in the same location each night?
  • like x 1

#50 troubleis

• 89 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

It's only monitoring movements as far as i know.
I place the phone the same place every night :)

#51 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

Is the app called sleep cycle?

#52 Sam375

• 88 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

You are not very concerned with your brain health, are you ?
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#53 troubleis

• 89 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Is the app called sleep cycle?

Yes

#54 dirdir207

• 62 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Piracetam is known to suppress REM sleep and increase deep sleep, the reason that people so often experience lucid dreams and better recall after piracetam consumption is due to a rebound effect after the piracetam wears off, much like melatonin. Piracetam also, at least for me, is a wonderful cure for restless leg syndrome, and it also slows down heart rhythm, increases pulse intensity and has shown some promise albeit mostly anecdotal for ameliorating some sleep apnea. The stimulation of alpha waves also always you to visualize things much more easily, facilitating hypnagogia and sleep onset. This should all induce deeper and less active sleep.
  • like x 1

#55 BLimitless

• 218 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

A couple of you who've tried this have reported headaches shortly thereafter. I wonder if these headaches are caused by acetylcholine deficiency - too much piracetam all at once depleting acetylcholine faster than it can be restored via supplementation/dietary sources. Noting that this suggestion is as much of a joke as it is serious, I wonder if it would be unreasonable to attempt to smoke/vaporize an acetylcholine source with piracetam, to ensure rapid onset of effect and high availability of that as well. Of course, I would do some research before attempting this (and I don't even recommend smoking piracetam, but you guys are already doing that), but it might be worth consideration if you're intent on continuing this activity.

In my case it is definitely an acetylcholine deficiency. I have a working memory deficit which I'm working on (heh); lots of Alpha-GPC for me. I wonder how you could even vape choline, what sources would you use really? We need a chemist in the building.

#56 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

what happened, are you guys still smoking p jays?

#57 troubleis

• 89 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

im not. Did it only once. If i am ever to do it again, i will vaporize it..
Somehow the sleep pattern looks disturbing. Been using the sleep app every night for a while now, and they more or less look the same, all of them. The exception is the night i smoked it. I more or less flatlined!
Someone hinted that maybe the phone was too far away, or simply not picking up any movements.. This is not true.
I tried this once, and the app will warn you that the data might be corrupted due to phone may have been to far away to pick up the motions during sleep.

So all in all, im sticking to oral until i somehow stumple upon a vaporizer by luck!

#58 Psionic

• 187 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Anyone have an idea if that "improved" sleep cycle after smoked piracetam can be somewhat useful in terms of better body regeneration or simply more refreshing sleep?

REM is needed for memory consolidation, so can it mean that your memories from previous day/events wont be stored as precisely as with normal REM cycles??

#59 troubleis

• 89 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

I did not feel rested when i woke up, and during the day i did not have much motivation either. Could be placebo though.. Just sayin'

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 BLimitless

• 218 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

what happened, are you guys still smoking p jays?

It's fine. My lungs are fine. I developed a thick cough a few days after but I am sure this arose from something else as other members of my family had it first and I got it from them.

However I do not really smoke piracetam because it does not suit my flow at the moment.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, racetam, nootropic, nootropics, smoke, smoking, tobacco, cigarette

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users