Smoked piracetam in a rolled cigarette

piracetam racetam nootropic nootropics smoke smoking tobacco cigarette

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#91 aznmonky

• 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

what kind of e-cig do you use

The old modder special ego twist battery with a slightly tweaked atomizer.

i recently ordered a solo vaporizer but i been debating about buying a e-cig. i have been doing research and i was thinking about a passthrough and tank. but i will try vaping with solo first

#92 nootlyinclinded

• 28 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

Lol, is that a pizzo in your picture?

MSDS for piracetam puts boiling point at 250C and decomposition point at 240C.

http://www.lgcstanda...53290-1-1-1.PDF

Important health, safety and environmental information
Boiling temperature / boiling range 250 °C
Melting point / melting range 24 - 26 °C
Flash point / flash point range: 138 °C (c.c.) [vaporisation temperature]
Ignition temperature: 390 °C
Explosion limits: LEL (Lower Explosive Limit): 1,80 Vol-%
UEL (Upper Explosive Limit): 16,60 Vol-%
Vapour pressure: at 20 °C: 0,04 hPa
at 80 °C: 2 hPa
Density: at 20 °C: 1,11 g/ml
pH value: at 20 °C, 100 g/L: 9-11
Solubility in water: at 20 °C: soluble
Distribution coefficient (n-octanol / water): at 25 °C: -0,71 log P(o/w)
Bio-accumulation is not to be expected (log P(o/w) <1).
Viscosity, dynamic: at 30 °C: 10,2 mPa*s
Thermal decomposition: 240 °C

According to that MSDS the combustion products are just NOx, CO and CO2. Not toooo horrible, at least it won't magically turn into arsenic when vaped.

**********UPDATE**********
Flame test shows it vaporises! Whether it decomposes upon inhalation will remain to be seen.

**********UPDATE**********
Vaporises beautifully! Huge plumes of smoke, thick as clouds. One of the best vapours I've experienced, this stuff is an absolute joy to puff. Tastes beautiful, if a bit funky. Cannot comment on psychoactivity. Give me a metric by which I can test this.

Pipe used:
Posted Image
Replace screen with a thick bed of fully burnt steel wool. Hold flame afar and breathe in hard, using convection to vaporise it rather than hitting it directly with the flame.

Dose: bout 350mg

Also got an Iolite which should work given the low flash point.

Flash point of Aniracetam: 196
I'm guessing 196°C, can someone please confirm?

I feel funky now, not sure what to really say. I do feel clearer but it's hard to say whether this is placebo/expectation bias. I think the best way to test this would be to get tipsy, smoke a huge hit and see if it makes you 2x as drunk in the way oral piracetam does. There's no mistaking the knockout effect of piracetam!

Judging by the fact that the flash point aka vaporisation temperature is a good 100*C difference I think it is safe to say one thing: VAPE AWAY :D

***********LAST UPDATE***********
Huge mood boost, cognitive boost. Blasting music and it's resonating through me; pronounced urge to dance. I have been vaping harmalas with it but the piracetam has its own voice, brilliant synergy. Noticed I did not forget a password which sometimes I have difficulty with due to a short term working memory deficit. I don't notice such pronounced effects from oral piracetam at 5g; the method of administration seems to act very differently. Just like how other drugs are more intense when smoked vs oral. I guess consequently it will probably not last as long.

Always loved smoking while studying and it looks like piracetam is the ideal. Piracetam dissolved in WTA e-liquid seems like it would be a brilliant vaporised nootropic.

General observation:

Posted Image

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

How zeo works: http://blog.myzeo.co...-phasing-sleep/

Anyway, DealExtreme sent me a defective E-Cig, so I went ahead and vaped some piracetam in a pipe while filing for a replacement. I vaped about 150mg (went pretty slowly, and I'm sure I didn't get it all in, but I did feel it) at 11pm and went to sleep around 1:30am.

My zeo did show about four and a half hours of slightly higher deep sleep than I usually get, followed by a short waking and a decidedly REM-intensive block, but nothing as extreme as the cellphone sensor result. I also went lucid for a period during the REM-block, which is apparently common with piracetam with those who can sleep on it at all.

I want to collect a bit more info before I start posting graphs.

Edited by Raza, 12 February 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#94 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Vaped some more by pipe just now, with a hotter lighter that made taking a good hit much easier.

Music enhancement is very clear now. The urge to move along with it comes up. All round sensation is calm and pleasant; nothing euphoric, but pleasant. It put me in a very observative state of mind, quieting my thoughts and increasing focus - which is rather different from the hypomania-inducing, extroversion-encouraging effects of getting a good response from oral piracetam. From the feeling, I imagine this has recreational and nootropic potential both, differently but in somewhat the same proportions as oral.

Edited by Raza, 12 February 2013 - 09:46 PM.

• like x 1

#95 brainslugged

• 305 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

How zeo works: http://blog.myzeo.co...-phasing-sleep/

Anyway, DealExtreme sent me a defective E-Cig, so I went ahead and vaped some piracetam in a pipe while filing for a replacement. I vaped about 150mg (went pretty slowly, and I'm sure I didn't get it all in, but I did feel it) at 11pm and went to sleep around 1:30am.

My zeo did show about four and a half hours of slightly higher deep sleep than I usually get, followed by a short waking and a decidedly REM-intensive block, but nothing as extreme as the cellphone sensor result. I also went lucid for a period during the REM-block, which is apparently common with piracetam with those who can sleep on it at all.

I want to collect a bit more info before I start posting graphs.

Vaped some more by pipe just now, with a hotter lighter that made taking a good hit much easier.

Music enhancement is very clear now. The urge to move along with it comes up. All round sensation is calm and pleasant; nothing euphoric, but pleasant. It put me in a very observative state of mind, quieting my thoughts and increasing focus - which is rather different from the hypomania-inducing, extroversion-encouraging effects of getting a good response from oral piracetam. From the feeling, I imagine this has recreational and nootropic potential both, differently but in somewhat the same proportions as oral.

I am interested in this. You don't think that you could use the zeo while awake as a crude way to measure alpha waves in an awake state, do you? That would be neat, since this way of administration increases the onset of the effects, so it may be easier to see the change in brainwaves.

I wonder how oxiracetam would work being vaporized. I don't think I have seen any reports of that. Since it seems to have the best visual and auditory effects to me, I wonder if it would have even stronger recreational potential than piracetam.

Can you comment on how rapid the onset of the effects are? I think it could potentially be useful for combating sleep inertia in the morning if it is fast enough. Since piracetam increases bloodflow to the brain, maybe it could assist in waking you up.

Please keep us updated on the effects on sleep :)

I'm using pure Noopept powder actually, not the capsules. I have some off eBay seller vantagecc and some off Intellimeds, the powders are pretty much identical. It just doesn't like fire.

Noopept isn't really worth vaping anyway, it's perfectly great dosed sublingual. Piracetam on the other hand behaves very differently when vaped vs oral ingestion. Like I said, when vaped it feels more like a recreational drug than a nootropic.

Oh well. I guess they can't all work :(

#96 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

I am interested in this. You don't think that you could use the zeo while awake as a crude way to measure alpha waves in an awake state, do you? That would be neat, since this way of administration increases the onset of the effects, so it may be easier to see the change in brainwaves.

Possibly, if you figured out the formula it uses to translate brain wavelengths into sleep states and applied it in reverse and one of the distinct sleep phases corresponds specifically with alpha waves. I once put it on before bed and realized I'd forgotten to meditate, and zeo made that into a sleep state, so it could possibly do the same for other altered states.

I wonder how oxiracetam would work being vaporized. I don't think I have seen any reports of that. Since it seems to have the best visual and auditory effects to me, I wonder if it would have even stronger recreational potential than piracetam.

I've wondered this as well. I have it, and I've already looked at the flash point and combustion temperatures, which while not as cleanly seperated as piracetam should work as well as aniracetam - but I'd rather learn the combustion product before trying.

Can you comment on how rapid the onset of the effects are? I think it could potentially be useful for combating sleep inertia in the morning if it is fast enough. Since piracetam increases bloodflow to the brain, maybe it could assist in waking you up.

Fairly quick, it comes up somewhere between instantaneously and three minutes in. It's pretty chill, though, sometimes even mildly dizzying when it comes up; you might just fall right back asleep on it.

Edited by Raza, 13 February 2013 - 12:15 AM.

#97 SinguIarity

• 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

Hey everyone, just joined to put in my input. Thanks for everyone who dared before me. So I decided to vape it in my box vaporizer, used about 500mg and put it on a piece of aluminum foil, then put the small pile in.

Results:
It works, definitely. 100% positive its not placebo, I feel, very very very attentive. Had to crank the knob all the way to 350* F, didn't see any vapor between 210-333 so probably a miscalculation on my vape. It seems to have melted and recrystallize on my screen, a bit annoying. Will report how long I think it lasted, so far 10 minutes. I started feeling alert after 5-6 pulls, as soon as a felt it I stopped. There is still some remaining in the snake. Anyways, cheers, will definitely get it in my ecig, just ordered some vegetable glycerin, will attempt to make a tincture and take it on the go. Also I should add ingesting piracetam never provided consistent results, only once have a "felt it" ingesting 2.5g of piracetam and a side of choline.

Edit:
Effects seemed to be diminishing/diminished. Approximately 1 hour.

Cheers

Edited by SinguIarity, 18 April 2013 - 03:30 AM.

• like x 1

#98 thebauce

• 9 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:39 AM

do you guys think piracetam vaporization is compatible with a portable electronic vape? I don't want to destroy my $400 device, so I want to be sure.

#99 SinguIarity

• 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

do you guys think piracetam vaporization is compatible with a portable electronic vape? I don't want to destroy my $400 device, so I want to be sure.

What type of vape, if it's the magic flight box, you should be very careful, it could melt off and crystalize on the screen. Or dripping elsewhere. I dipped my screen in water, hopefully it'll dissolve.

#100 thebauce

• 9 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

What type of vape, if it's the magic flight box, you should be very careful, it could melt off and crystalize on the screen. Or dripping elsewhere. I dipped my screen in water, hopefully it'll dissolve.

I have the Pax by ploom which basically operates in the same manner as the MFLB

#101 Sunwind

• 103 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

Saw this thread and decided to vape some of my Aniracetam in my MFLB. Vivid colours on the monitor keep 'popping out', felt a bit energetic at first but then calmed down, music was good for a bit, brain feels clear, got a tiny headache but it passed after a few minutes. I smoked a joint (just weed) and got very high, for about 30 seconds my vision went all swirly and colour went very bright and vivid, it didn't last long (30 seconds or so) but it was very trippy, first time i've experienced anything like that, I've never done trippy drugs before so it was really surprising. My eyes became incredibly droopy because I was so high, I collapsed in my bed and slept for about 5 hours, I woke up and my eyes were red as fuck, I put some Rhotos Ice in them and usually it only takes 1 application to clear my eyes up and make them feel fresh again, but it took about an hour, they must have been really dry or something because every time I tried applying Rhotos they would sting.

Also the aniracetam melted and crystalized on the MFLB trench screen, I had to heat it up so I could scrape it off. I think in total it was about 1-1.5g that I vaped.

Anyway just wanted to post my little experience since there seems to be very little info around with vaping racetams.

Edited by Sunwind, 25 May 2013 - 08:39 PM.

• like x 1

#102 jonnyD

• 181 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

Saw this thread and decided to vape some of my Aniracetam in my MFLB. Vivid colours on the monitor keep 'popping out', felt a bit energetic at first but then calmed down, music was good for a bit, brain feels clear, got a tiny headache but it passed after a few minutes. I smoked a joint (just weed) and got very high, for about 30 seconds my vision went all swirly and colour went very bright and vivid, it didn't last long (30 seconds or so) but it was very trippy, first time i've experienced anything like that, I've never done trippy drugs before so it was really surprising. My eyes became incredibly droopy because I was so high, I collapsed in my bed and slept for about 5 hours, I woke up and my eyes were red as fuck, I put some Rhotos Ice in them and usually it only takes 1 application to clear my eyes up and make them feel fresh again, but it took about an hour, they must have been really dry or something because every time I tried applying Rhotos they would sting.

Also the aniracetam melted and crystalized on the MFLB trench screen, I had to heat it up so I could scrape it off. I think in total it was about 1-1.5g that I vaped.

Anyway just wanted to post my little experience since there seems to be very little info around with vaping racetams.

Aniracetam and Weed are synergistic as hell!

#103 Sunwind

• 103 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

is that from personal experience or is it just a known thing?

#104 Sunwind

• 103 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

is that from personal experience or is it just a known thing?

I can't edit my post but I think it must be true. I vaped 1.5g aniracetam again and then an hour later smoked a joint. I had a massive change in perspective and my ego went in to shock, it was terrifying, my friend who is more experienced with LSD/shrooms etc said that's what usually happens with those. It wasn't a pleasent experience.

#105 Gannons

• 18 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

I wouldn't risk it with the Pax. I have one too and I can see it being a huge pain to clean. Best bet to let people with glass chambers try this. The Pax and MFLB w/their metal ovens would get messy pretty quickly.

#106 tydi

• 25 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

this is interesting if used with a atomizer and to be found both safe and effective. at this time though i just cannot see the benefits of needing to smoke Racetams in order to get things done, but as far as ROA goes, the lungs are a very quick method of delivery to the brain, one of the quickest actually.

Be safe! :excl:

#107 Sunwind

• 103 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

I wouldn't risk it with the Pax. I have one too and I can see it being a huge pain to clean. Best bet to let people with glass chambers try this. The Pax and MFLB w/their metal ovens would get messy pretty quickly.

The aniracetam melts into a liquid and dries stuck to the MFLB trench sure, but if you keep it heated up you can easily way it out while it's still a liquid

#108 Gannons

• 18 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

The aniracetam melts into a liquid and dries stuck to the MFLB trench sure, but if you keep it heated up you can easily way it out while it's still a liquid

Really eh? I don't use my MFLB much anymore so I wouldnt feel to bad if it got ruined... And honestly, I could probably get a replacement if I ripped out the screen and sent it to them (they do have a lifetime warranty right?)

#109 Sunwind

• 103 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

Really eh? I don't use my MFLB much anymore so I wouldnt feel to bad if it got ruined... And honestly, I could probably get a replacement if I ripped out the screen and sent it to them (they do have a lifetime warranty right?)

Yeah, you don't even need to send it to them, just show them a couple of good pictures. I've had mine replaced twice already after messing it up myself. They'll even replace it if the rubber ring around the trench comes out (it's almost impossible to put back in)

#110 BLimitless

• 218 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:15 AM

this is interesting if used with a atomizer and to be found both safe and effective. at this time though i just cannot see the benefits of needing to smoke Racetams in order to get things done, but as far as ROA goes, the lungs are a very quick method of delivery to the brain, one of the quickest actually.

Be safe! :excl:

It's a very different actual experience. ROA makes everything different. Injected heroin for instance is exceedingly addictive, perhaps even from the first hit onwards given a sufficient dose. Yet oral morphine is nowhere near on the same level of addictiveness.

Likewise IME vaping piracetam is much more like a drug than a nootropic. You can literally sit there and buzz mad tits on this stuff, getting high from an amazing deep velvety smoke cloud. Gonna smoke Aniracetam now, gotta give this a go!

That's an amazing story Sunwind! But what to really say about the red eye, hehehe.

#111 dz93

• 424 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

Just out of curiosity could one infuse piracetam with some herbs to make a smoke blend containing a nootropic? Regardless I'll be trying that out myself to see what happens but I was just curious if maybe someone else has something to say about this. I have tried smoking piracetam before and did notice slight effects. Maybe I didn't smoke enough lol. Also long term use might be a problem smoking a chemical like that. But hell with all the shit they put in cigarettes now a days would piracetam even be that big of a concern with smoking?

#112 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

WARNING : DONT SNORT SUNIFIRAM IT HAS JUST BURNT MY NOSE AS HELL
  • like x 1

#113 dz93

• 424 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

Lol well yeah. I don't think snorting anything would be a good ROA. Smoking is still a dangerous ROA but I'd rather smoke something than snort it. That's just me though. Probably cuz I'm a smoker. But when I get around to infusing piracetam with some leaves I'll report my experience.

Ethanol will dissolve piracetam right?

#114 3AlarmLampscooter

• 352 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

Ethanol will dissolve piracetam right?

Yes, although I'm not sure what concentration.

#115 dz93

• 424 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

Okay, all I had on hand was acetone. So just to see if it would dissolve I took a spoon full of piracetam and mixed it with the acetone. Here's the catch, only some of it dissolved. No matter how much more acetone I added there was a set amount in it that just would not dissolve. If only some dissolved while some didn't wouldn't that mean that I have two or more substances or some sort of impurity in the piracetam I have? Maybe I need to heat the acetone in order for piracetam to fully dissolve? Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: I just tasted my piracetam lol. It fully dissolved instantly on my tongue and in water. I guess the acetone won't fully dissolve Piracetam. I'll probably make some ethanol later when I get these herbs I plan on experimenting with.

Edited by dz93, 20 June 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#116 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

Will water not work?

#117 Doktor

• 86 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

Ok, maybe I'm missing something here, but this sounds ridiculous.

First off, what is the temperature which piracetam degrades at? Couldn't the temperature destroy pretty much all of it?
Second, when you smoke something which isn't a freebase product, you're inhaling a number of bi-products, and who knows if any of them are harmful (or even carcinogenic!).
Finally, arn't you supposed to freebase chemicals before you smoke them usually? For example, meth shards?

Am I right to be weary of this method of administration? Or have you all figured these points out already...

#118 dz93

• 424 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

Will water not work?

I'd like something that'll evaporate fast.

Ok, maybe I'm missing something here, but this sounds ridiculous.

First off, what is the temperature which piracetam degrades at? Couldn't the temperature destroy pretty much all of it?
Second, when you smoke something which isn't a freebase product, you're inhaling a number of bi-products, and who knows if any of them are harmful (or even carcinogenic!).
Finally, arn't you supposed to freebase chemicals before you smoke them usually? For example, meth shards?

Am I right to be weary of this method of administration? Or have you all figured these points out already...

How would one turn it into a freebase form?

Edited by dz93, 21 June 2013 - 12:34 AM.

#119 brainslugged

• 305 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:42 AM

How would one turn it into a freebase form?

Cook it in a spoon with baking soda maybe :laugh:

But there are several things that are smoked and not in free-base, so I don't know if this is necessary. Methamphetamine, for example, is smoked in salt-form and not smoked in freebase form. I think that it just depends on how difficult it is to light/vape. Free-basing lowers the flash and combustion point I think, and would only be useful if it is very difficult to vaporize in salt form, at least that is the way I understand it. I don't know, though. I don't have any chemistry knowledge on it, just from what I have heard.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#120 BLimitless

• 218 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

Piracetam disappears long before the flame touches it. The question of breakdown products is very important. Where is an expert chemist's opinion when you need one...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, racetam, nootropic, nootropics, smoke, smoking, tobacco, cigarette

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users