#61 kevinseven11

• 385 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

Phenyl piracetam vaporized!?

#62 HalBz

• 10 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Has anyone tried to snort it?

I don't have any Piracetam tbh, but I would like to snort / vape Oxiracetam, being it also water soluble :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 zerocool

• 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

I just mixed some piracetam with e-juice and am now vaping it. The effect immediate, the world just shifts to HD. It doesn't last as long as oral ingestion but comes on instantly.

Might be onto something here.

PS made an account just to post this!

Edited by zerocool, 03 February 2013 - 02:45 AM.

• like x 4
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#64 BLimitless

• 218 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:33 AM

Wow, thank you! Another reason for me to acquire an e-cig :P

Welcome to the forums and I'd like to congratulate you on an excellent first post!

Edited by BLimitless, 03 February 2013 - 03:33 AM.

#65 jayfoxpox

• 67 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

Aniracetam felt funky. Experiencing irritability a la high dose Noopept although general demeanour is calm. I smoked Aniracetam, Piracetam and harmala alkaloids altogether. Difficult to comment on Aniracetam at the moment, will have to try again in isolation.

how much noopept did you vaporize, like 10mg?

#66 Apprentice_Bob

• 34 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

To those that have used a vaporizer, may I inquire what temperature you heated it to?

Also my first post. Woo hoo!

#67 jayfoxpox

• 67 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

anyone here use an mflb? I'm curious if it's even possible to vaporize noopept without getting it stuck on the screen(since it melts aroudn 98C). I've read people vaped powders by having some paper on it with the substance on top , but noopept's flashpoint is 280ish c while paper is 230ish.

Foil would prob work , but I'm not sure if it's a high enough temp for increasing the risk of Alzheimer.

edit: maybe a piece of copper foil would work

Edited by jayfoxpox, 03 February 2013 - 11:57 PM.

#68 Breezey

• 55 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

I vaporize at 210C

#69 Green Man

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

I f****d up my mflb a while back not realizing the whole 'things that melt = bad' concept, still barely works but not worth it so I'll give the paper + piracetam thing a try since I don't have anything to lose. Doubt it will work though.

Tried smoking some last night from a pipe to no effect. I'm generally a non-responder, only time I could even go 'wait maybe something' was during the first week. I attack dosed 8-15g a day (spread out to 3 doses (eg 2-5g each)). I'll try a bubbler, water filtered pipe, in addition to a straight pipe and report back.

I didn't weigh it out but it was about 1/2 a teaspoon.

What doses have you guys been smoking?

edit: I aa word.

Edited by Ean Newton, 04 February 2013 - 11:37 PM.

#70 BLimitless

• 218 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Aniracetam felt funky. Experiencing irritability a la high dose Noopept although general demeanour is calm. I smoked Aniracetam, Piracetam and harmala alkaloids altogether. Difficult to comment on Aniracetam at the moment, will have to try again in isolation.

how much noopept did you vaporize, like 10mg?

Flame test on 2mg showed it melts and decomposes into a gel like substance, I did not smoke it as it seemed strange.

#71 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

Anyone have an idea if that "improved" sleep cycle after smoked piracetam can be somewhat useful in terms of better body regeneration or simply more refreshing sleep?

REM is needed for memory consolidation, so can it mean that your memories from previous day/events wont be stored as precisely as with normal REM cycles??

I've been thinking a lot about this, and intend to experiment when I get my e-cig in the mail.

What I'm going to try is to time the vaping of piracetam so that the deep-sleep-dip relents earlier in the night than it did for troubleis, so I can still get some REM sleep in after. If that's not enough by itself, I'll play around with cholinergics in hope that I can surpress them with piracetam before getting rebound REM sleep later in the night.

I have a ZEO, which tracks sleep states by looking at your brain waves, so we'll soon know more.

I did not feel rested when i woke up, and during the day i did not have much motivation either. Could be placebo though.. Just sayin'

That sounds exactly like how I feel when I get deep sleep without REM. I would guess that the problem isn't with the sleep you got, but with the sleep you didn't get.

Edited by Raza, 06 February 2013 - 07:30 PM.

#72 troubleis

• 89 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

Anyone have an idea if that "improved" sleep cycle after smoked piracetam can be somewhat useful in terms of better body regeneration or simply more refreshing sleep?

REM is needed for memory consolidation, so can it mean that your memories from previous day/events wont be stored as precisely as with normal REM cycles??

I've been thinking a lot about this, and intend to experiment when I get my e-cig in the mail.

What I'm going to try is to time the vaping of piracetam so that the deep-sleep-dip relents earlier in the night than it did for troubleis, so I can still get some REM sleep in after. If that's not enough by itself, I'll play around with cholinergics in hope that I can surpress them with piracetam before getting rebound REM sleep later in the night.

I have a ZEO, which tracks sleep states by looking at your brain waves, so we'll soon know more.

I did not feel rested when i woke up, and during the day i did not have much motivation either. Could be placebo though.. Just sayin'

That sounds exactly like how I feel when I get deep sleep without REM.

Interesting..
Im still using the sleep cycle app, and i have not seen that sleep pattern since.. Only once have i misplaced the iphone where it prompted me in the morning that result might not be accurate. Imm pretty sure that i did sleep without REM that night.

Edit- What is a ZEO?

Edited by troubleis, 06 February 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#73 zerocool

• 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

According to my ZEO no signs of improved sleep with vaporized piracetam, it seems to be consumed quicker using this method leaving less in the plasma. I will have to test more scientifically though.

I'm using a normal atomizer which works well but dripping onto the element every 20 seconds seems to be limiting my piracetam intake. I will be switching to a tank atomizer to up the dose/hit soon. Maybe I start to see more of a change in sleep. I also have noopept on the way, so much to experiment with :)

Edit- What is a ZEO?

http://www.myzeo.com/sleep/

Monitors brainwaves and determines quality of sleep. Sensor is placed on the head and it communicates with its base station over bluetooth.

Edited by zerocool, 06 February 2013 - 07:39 PM.

• like x 1

#74 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

I think the e-cig is the best way to go with this as long as you have a high-tolerance to nicotine or use the nicotine-free type of liquid. I never tried it with piracetam due to the high doses required but seemed to work great for me with noopept (except that it was too tempting to unintentionally mega-dose).

I have a question about the ZEO though. Does it actually read brain-wave activity? I can't seem to find anything on the website directly saying that it monitors brain-wave patterns and the amazon reviews are very mixed. Thanks!

#75 Green Man

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Tried smoking piracetam several more times. Compared to oral I am definitely getting a response, it gives a sense of increased brain blood supply and ability to focus combined with increased visual intake but not brightening. The half life seems to only be about 5-10 minutes and absolutely no effect by 30-60 minutes. Still need to expirement water filtered and vaporizeed (if I can get vaporizer to work).

Tried smoking 3 grams followed by 5 grams oral immeaditily before going to bed and had horrible sleep, woke up around a dozen times and took longer to fall asleep however I was able to get out of bed much easier than normal but felt brain-fogged in the morning. Phone sleep tracking app (SleepTime) showed my sleep pattern as Awake literally the entire night, this is based off movement not brainwaves so take as you will. I have sleep issues (DSP & Clinical Insomnia) and did not take melatonin as usual that night; normal melatonin dose of 6 or 9 milligrams.

#76 kjleitz

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

Has anyone tried to snort it?

I don't have any Piracetam tbh, but I would like to snort / vape Oxiracetam, being it also water soluble :)

I've insufflated piracetam many times, and aniracetam a few, just as experiments. It never had as distinct an effect, but I definitely felt more of an effect than from oral ingestion. The piracetam was a little irritating, too, and had a terrible drip. The aniracetam wasn't bad.

#77 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

I think the e-cig is the best way to go with this as long as you have a high-tolerance to nicotine or use the nicotine-free type of liquid. I never tried it with piracetam due to the high doses required but seemed to work great for me with noopept (except that it was too tempting to unintentionally mega-dose).

I have a question about the ZEO though. Does it actually read brain-wave activity? I can't seem to find anything on the website directly saying that it monitors brain-wave patterns and the amazon reviews are very mixed. Thanks!

I've a bottle of plain propylene glycol standing around waiting impatiently for the e-cig to arrive, so I can start playing around with vaping stuff =). Does anybody here know how to find out the combustion products of a given substance?

Re: ZEO, I guess I don't know that. They call it 'softwave' technology, which could well be intentionally deceptive. Their validation in science quotes a few (quite possibly cherry-picked) studies which only call their system the 'wireless system', comparing it to a manually scored polysomniography requiring a more elaborate setup with decent consistency between the results, so presumably it uses one or more of the variables usually tested in a PSG, which according to wiki include "brain (EEG), eye movements (EOG), muscle activity or skeletal muscle activation (EMG) and heart rhythm (ECG)". Out of those, I kind of figure EEG would be easiest to measure through a forehead-strapped sensor, but I'm happy so long as the results are useful.

Edited by Raza, 06 February 2013 - 11:27 PM.

#78 Daruman

• 35 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

Does anyone know approximately how soluble piracetam is in propylene glycol?

The best I could find is the solubility in water here:
http://www.scbt.com/...-piracetam.html

100mM = 0.1 M = 0.1 mol/L
Piracetam molecular weight: 142.16g
(0.1 mol/L) * (142.16 g/mol) = 14.2 g/L

I feel like that doesn't look right.... Anyone know piracetam's solubility in water (it might be similar to propylene glycol)? And someone should see how much piracetam they can dissolve into propylene glycol...

----------------
EDIT:

I found a study that used a 6M concentration at 293K of piracetam. Meaning the solubility is at least 0.852 g/ml at room temperature.

Can the people with e-cigs share their smoked dosages?

Edited by Daruman, 07 February 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#79 NFP

• 46 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

has anyone whose tried this experienced any side effects thus far? i tried this the past 3 days mixed with some chamomile through a bong with mild success. it lifted my mood a little and definitely "lit up" my vision, but only for 10-20 minutes. no side effects noticed.

#80 zerocool

• 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

I was able to disolve 3 grams into 5 ml ecig juice. I'm looking forward to trying noopept. Just disolve until it settles out, you won't get much out on a per hit basis so I recommend an atomizer tank.

#81 NFP

• 46 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

i just received my eGo-CE4 (ecig/vaporizer) in the mail. testing it out tomorrow, will post my experience.

#82 brainslugged

• 305 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

I wonder, what other nootropics could you vape from an ecig? I wonder if vaporizing things like rhodiola rosea (a MAOI herb) would have great effects.

I am a bit concerned about smoking, though. How do we know for certain that it isn't breaking into a toxic substance? No research on the compounds has been done, and even a small change in structure can cause dramatic changes is effect.

I don't know what to think of the sleep graph. For one thing, I don't think that the phone motion sensor graphs are completely accurate for your sleep phases. For one thing, they don't show the portion of REM sleep that is occurring in the deep sleep, and as another point, everyone's movement patterns are not bound to be exactly the same, I think. If you had a Zeo or something that monitored brain-waves, that would be the best, but I don't think we should make too many assumptions just from this graph. Furthermore, even though there isn't much information on what exactly each stage of sleep does, both are currently thought to be important, so getting only REM would probably not be good.

#83 Green Man

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

I tried smoking ashwagandha, not much effect, some calm the hell down (typical for me, but more than usual) but the smoke was very harsh and reeked of burning pine. I don't recommend, but would like more data as I only did it once.

#84 SkatKat

• 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

I was able to disolve 3 grams into 5 ml ecig juice. I'm looking forward to trying noopept. Just disolve until it settles out, you won't get much out on a per hit basis so I recommend an atomizer tank.

I look forward to hearing about this.

I'm really interested in how vaporized noopept would work.

Anybody know if it's safe?

#85 brainslugged

• 305 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

I look forward to hearing about this.

I'm really interested in how vaporized noopept would work.

Anybody know if it's safe?

I am wondering if the person who did the melting test for noopept was using pure powder was using a pill. Their description sounds like a starch (from my oh so great 1st year chem knowledge :D), so maybe they are seeing the binders and starch, and the ratio of noopept is so small in the pill that they missed it.

I tried smoking ashwagandha, not much effect, some calm the hell down (typical for me, but more than usual) but the smoke was very harsh and reeked of burning pine. I don't recommend, but would like more data as I only did it once.

Well, according to the Wikipedia article, it doesn't have a ton of scientific evidence about beneficial effects anyway, so I think I would trust you on that. I would be interested in knowing about vaporizing herbs like ginseng, lemon balm, or chamomile or some other supplements like theanine, tyrosine, or sulbutiamine. This thread would probably be better suited for that discussion, though.

Edited by brainslug, 10 February 2013 - 02:45 AM.

#86 SkatKat

• 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

I am wondering if the person who did the melting test for noopept was using pure powder was using a pill. Their description sounds like a starch (from my oh so great 1st year chem knowledge :D), so maybe they are seeing the binders and starch, and the ratio of noopept is so small in the pill that they missed it.

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that. I figured everybody here was using powder form. It's the most economical, I only pay a couple of bucks per gram. Once I get a supply in I'll try this for myself and see how it vaporizes.

#87 BLimitless

• 218 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

I'm using pure Noopept powder actually, not the capsules. I have some off eBay seller vantagecc and some off Intellimeds, the powders are pretty much identical. It just doesn't like fire.

Noopept isn't really worth vaping anyway, it's perfectly great dosed sublingual. Piracetam on the other hand behaves very differently when vaped vs oral ingestion. Like I said, when vaped it feels more like a recreational drug than a nootropic.

#88 NFP

• 46 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

ive smoked chamomile plenty of times. its a harsh smoke, tolerance quickly builds. it leaves me in a nice relaxed mood.

edit: vaped piracetam today, same effect but left me with a pretty tense headache after a couple puffs. weird cause i never get headaches, even from oral piracetam. not sure if it was from the piracetam or if it was a side effect of ecig smoking. trying it out again later this week.

Edited by mastermind57, 10 February 2013 - 06:33 AM.

#89 aznmonky

• 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

According to my ZEO no signs of improved sleep with vaporized piracetam, it seems to be consumed quicker using this method leaving less in the plasma. I will have to test more scientifically though.

I'm using a normal atomizer which works well but dripping onto the element every 20 seconds seems to be limiting my piracetam intake. I will be switching to a tank atomizer to up the dose/hit soon. Maybe I start to see more of a change in sleep. I also have noopept on the way, so much to experiment with :)

what kind of e-cig do you use

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 zerocool

• 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

what kind of e-cig do you use

The old modder special ego twist battery with a slightly tweaked atomizer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, racetam, nootropic, nootropics, smoke, smoking, tobacco, cigarette

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users