My ADD Stack in Development

add adhd sct stack fog anxiety concentration motivation

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

#241 Nootmeup

• 35 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

Yestraday 1 tried Hup- A for the first time I took 2 ,50 mcg pills with a mixture of ginkgo. No obvious effects,thoughts of brilliance or focus... Today I took 200mcg of Hup- A.
Nothing yet ... But that is predictable as most nootropics/ suppliments that time to reach plasma levels. I only hope it doesn't exasterbate my ADHD. I do feel a little off, maybe because it's foreign to my brain. No faster recall if anything it's I'm slightly stumbling with word choise. It might just be a weird afternoon.
Should I up to your doses Ultra? The 800mcg feel those stimulant like effects?

I definilty noticed the Benifits of Alcar. I took it all week yestraday , my confidence is up, fine motor skills, motivation. I my taking it with and without Ala and the stuff is a great staple to my stack.... I do take other supps/ nootropics which I will reviel in the soon or when it is appropriate.
Yestraday 1 tried Hup- A for the first time I took 2 ,50 mcg pills with a mixture of ginkgo. No obvious effects,thoughts of brilliance or focus... Today I took 200mcg of Hup- A.
Nothing yet ... But that is predictable as most nootropics/ suppliments that time to reach plasma levels. I only hope it doesn't exasterbate my ADHD. I do feel a little off, maybe because it's foreign to my brain. No faster recall if anything it's I'm slightly stumbling with word choise. It might just be a weird afternoon.

I definilty noticed the Benifits of Alcar. I took it all week yestraday , my confidence is up, fine motor skills, motivation. I my taking it with and without Ala and the stuff is a great staple to my stack.... I do take other supps/ nootropics which I will reviel in the soon or when it is appropriate.

#242 Nootmeup

• 35 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:49 PM

I just re- read my post many grammatical errors!!!!!!"TAKE time to reach plasma levels" and I wrote " in the soon" maybe Hup- a isn't for me ..... Or maybe I was very distracted and rushed while writing my post... Bottom line is I usually catch those errors proof that the HUp- A makes me a little off.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#243 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:23 PM

I actually tried some hemp protein-powder today. The results were... somewhat disappointing tho', mild, mild effect, mostly placebo I think.

But then again, figuring out the dosing is nigh impossible, upon further consideration - since I don't know what particular breed of Hemp that this is. The protein-powder is also made from grinding down hemp-SEEDS and not from the adult plants, which are no doubt more psycho-active. And even if there were Cannabigerol or Hu-110 or what-have-you in the seeds, we don't know the amounts, so it might be that because of the low count, we would need high, high doses of protein-powder, to see any effect.

I only used about 2 table-spoons of powder, and that's probably too little, if there even is any effect in it. We'll see, I'll double the dose tomorrow.

Cannabigerol, or some other compound from Hemp/Marijuana, is definitely worth taking a look at tho'. Since we do know that many people with ADHD seems to swear by Marijuana for their symptoms. There's  a NUMBER of potential compounds and modes of action to look into there, but these potent Alpha-2-agonists, and some are even combined A2 agonism and NMDA-antagonism(!) all baked into one, are just too darn interesting.

We just can't stop looking at this damn weed.

@Ultraviolet: Oh yeah, I see what you mean. I'm reading up on some of the synthetic cannabinoids as well, and this looks rather promising.

Dexanabinol - aka HU-211 -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HU-211

- looks to be rather interesting, especially since it's synthesized, therefore easier to obtain PURE, and have neuroprotective properties. It's an anti-convulsant as well, however... so might not be a good thing, since that could impair cognition, and potentially make us... "spaced out". ( apparently anti-convulsants are implicated in LOW IQ among children)

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 11 June 2014 - 06:26 PM.

#244 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

I'm following down on the hypothesis of NMDA and Glutamate considering ADHD, and have of course come across the same findings as GoBox.

This study, links kynurenic acid to Schizophrenia, and comes to the conclusion that it could be a LINK between glutamate and Dopamine -theories of Schizo.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17573079

Why is this interesting? Because the more and more I look at it, our disease appears to work INVERTED to Schizophrenia. They have high levels of dopamine, and low levels of NMDA -activity. We have the opposite.

http://en.wikipedia..../Kynurenic_acid

I started thinking... could it be this simple? Could Kynurenic acid be the answer...? Not much to go on there, it would appear, but there is some evidence, in this fairly robust study, that we have lowered levels of kynurenic acid:

http://www.behaviora.../content/6/1/29

There were no marked group differences in levels of S100B, no major imbalance in the ratios of pro- to anti-inflammatory interleukins nor in the metabolism of kynurenine to toxic metabolites in ADHD. However, four trends are described that may be worthy of closer examination in a more extensive study. First, S100B levels tended to be lower in ADHD children that did not show oppositional/conduct problems. Second, in medicated children raised interleukin levels showed a trend to normalisation. Third, while across all children the sensitivity to allergy reflected increased levels of IL-16 and IL-10, the latter showed a significant inverse relationship to measures of S100B in the ADHD group. Fourthly, against expectations healthy controls tended to show higher levels of toxic 3-hydroxykynurenine (3 HK) than those with ADHD.

I think the first highlighted section is of perticular interest, since I believe that oppositional and conduct-problems is a comorbid problem that predominantly affects HYPER-active ADHD-people. And since we have less of those problems, I think it's worth noting. S100B is a protein that binds calcium, and calcium-channels have been connected to mood-swing problems in Bipolar. I most def' think there's a connection there, since Bipolar is mainly comorbid with those that have ADHD-PH.

The second highlighted passage is the real-deal tho': healthy, normal people show higher levels of kynurenic acid.

Extreme levels of Kynurenic acid is involved in the problems that Schizoid people have - it's theoretically why they develop the disease.

Could OUR problems then, be mediated by simply supplementing with kynurenic acid? What do you think, guys? Too dangerous? Better to go straight to NMDA-receptors, instead of f***in' around with this stuff?

#245 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

I'm having a blast checking out meds today, so I figured I gotta' post these as well - NMDA-antagonists with other benefficial properties, related to MEMANTINE:

Nitromemantine - uncompetitive glutamatergic NMDA-antagonist, like Memantine, but binds to the Nitrate receptors as well, similar to nitroglycerine, resulting in LESS SIDE-EFFECTS and higher effect than Memantine.

That looks like the bees-knees guys - it might be the solution to the dosing-problems that regular Memantine has. ( you get super-brain-fog if you mess up the dose, or forget to take it.)

http://en.wikipedia..../Nitromemantine

Neramexane - similar to Memantine as well, but with neuro-protective and anti-depressant properties as well. It affects the Nicotinic Acethylcoline receptors as an antagonist however ( possible mode of anti-depressant effect, I believe), and I am hesitant to say if that has any positive effects.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Neramexane

Delucemine - NMDA-antagonist and serotonin reuptake inhibitor. (! say, I like this effect! ) Originally meant to treat stroke, but currently under evaluation for it's anti-depressant properties.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Delucemine

Out of all of these, Nitromemantine looks the most interesting. Definitely worth a try.

#246 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts
  • Location:From Hartford (Just 1/1/2014) Moved too Boston (jamica Plains)

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

Nitromemantine is a dream and If we got about ten of us I'd be up too hit my people who synthesized the (-)-bpap too get a quote for a group buy , however I don't want too handle the money etc etc etc

#247 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

And nootmeup also generally speaking your exhibiting all the classical signs of adjusting too an nmda inhibitor

Wow stinkorninjor you did your homework...... I'm extremely interested in neramexane I believe that a synth would be far more costly then nitromemantine ....... And for right now too be honest I'm happier with
Agmatine , huperazine a, magnesium l threonate and lithium orotate at bed then I am with memantine I'd be willing too trade out the huperazine a and magnesium l threonate for neramexane though!

Nootmeup please don't go higher then 100mcg for this first week on week two adjust too 150 mcg daily etc etc , most nmda inhibitors have an odd initial phase an almost dumbed down feeling but this will be replaced by all the true nootropic and Rx benefits after about 7-10 days Max , and just by the way your describing things I'm gonna tell you right now brother nootmeup

ITS WORKING!
Memantine fails for me personally when compared too my current stack
I do love the d2 receptor effects but IME these aren't really gonna be prevalent until weeks 3-4 of daily dosing

#248 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

The ach/muscarinic Nach effects of neramexane make this an instant winner for me .......... Just give me the word and I'll get a quote on a trial sized run of nitromemantine or neramexane my guess is this neramexane is gonna be $$$ in comparison too nitro , but it's a very exciting little molecule
P.s. This thread has become one of my official favorites all time on longecity

#249 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

Ps stink...... I tried the hemp powder and there are way too many variables at play too get an rx or nootropic effect from one specific molecule in such a dense blend..... That was my experience

I have had luck great luck with the synthetic cannabinoids however
Ps stink...... I tried the hemp powder and there are way too many variables at play too get an rx or nootropic effect from one specific molecule in such a dense blend..... That was my experience

I have had luck great luck with the synthetic cannabinoids however
Also ............ As far as memantine , (-)-bpap , and deprenyl go I've got new suppliers and the costs ( they have real coaxil brand tianeptine as well for uber cheap ) are unreal in comparison too the choices WE have had pm me

#250 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:18 PM

P.s. Yes every major anti convulsant except ........... (Fuck I'll get back too you on this one but there is one that's nootropic ) is contraindicated lol I guess for those seeking nootropic enlightenment

#251 Liquidfire

• 27 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:27 PM

http://brain.oxfordj...d1-55b2c4d20405

I wanted to share this, in case you hadn't read it.

#252 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:49 AM

Stinkin your onto something with inverted schizo idea....... It's the type of thing I thought only I was thinking about...... Know what else

Generally patients with ADHD have low NE and even Lower Pea now too much pea as found in schizophrenia will prelude an episode

#253 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:43 AM

Cheers for the feedback and praise, Ultra. =) I can say the same about you, you've got some good knowledge.

There's something I've been meaning to say tho'... I think you're over-doing your NMDA-inhibition - because your writing and grammar really goes up and down all the time - I think you might be brain-fogging dude.

I suspect it's the Hup A ( since Nootmeup got the same problems with writing, the moment he started using it.) in combination with the Lithium. Even the Orotate-chelation is notorious for causing brain-fogs, unless you find the perfect dosing-schedule. So I'd advise you to cut those two out of your stack, and add Memantine instead, or perhaps even a bit of MODAFINIL. =) I think it could work wonders for your cognition, man.

Btw, I get the feeling that you have tried Memantine, but did not get any good results? If so, I think you should look into it again ( that, or NitroMem), since the dosing can be so finicky on Mem. Could you perhaps describe your experience, while on Memantine?

You're right about Hemp-powder btw, so I'm striking that - too many variables, too many uncertainties. Synthethics, or natural extracts, is the way to go there.

Anybody know if there are any extracts of Cannabigerol being sold? I suspect the effects would be similar to Intuniv, so would be rather interesting to check it out properly.

Tocris.com apparently synthesizes and sells it, and ships to tons and tons of countries, but the price is OBSCENE! >_<

http://www.tocris.co...p?ItemId=189844

@Liquidfire: Very interesting... we don't appear to have less dopamine-receptors than the general population, rather there's some other confounding issue with getting the dopamine to "stick" so to speak. Which makes sense, if we have increased cAMP, then that would make it hard for the Dopamine to get where it needs to go.

The mid-brain part was brand-new tho'... ( and I believe it was low-performers in particular? That sounds like ADD, not adHd ) I'm not sure what this could mean? Is the mid-brain involved in motivation and such? I saw a ted-talk recently, wherein the dr speaking, had actually found some evidence that we have errors in the mesolimbic pathways.

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 12 June 2014 - 11:11 AM.

#254 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

I think we have less dopamine transporter action or mutated genes as well as low too/mutated methylation as well as low NE and Low PEA , with dopamine it's kinda like testosterone and free testosterone ..... For me what matters isn't overall DA it's what kind of DA action I'm having in the Brain that makes a difference

Yes I have tried memantine and no my experience was good it was real initial forray into inhibition..... Plus memantine has the d2 receptor effects
I just prefer the effects of my current stack particularly the modulation that magnesium l threonate and lithium orotate have for the long haul

P.s. I only dose lithium orotate once daily and that's right as I go too bed and 2 weeks ago I started back on neurontin wich contributes too more brain fog then name da ever did lol
Damned ipad autocorrected namenda into name da

#255 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

If Nitromemantine really is more effective than Memantine, for ADHD, then I think you can pretty much skip everything in your stack, and only take it now and then, as a preventative measure. Definitely what I would do, it's so damn hard to keep track of all these supplements and what-not, lol! xD

Here's something VERY interesting about Nitromemantine... It shows great promise for treatment of AUTISM!

http://sfari.org/new...ism-mouse-model

Why is that relevant to us ADD-ers? Well, as many of you know, there is comorbidity with ASD within ADHD, much higher than for the mainstream population, even. And many ADD-ers, like me, have comorbid learning dissabilities as well, such as: DCD, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, dyslexia, and so on, and so forth.

I myself "only" have dysgraphia ( mild) DCD ( medium?), and dyscalculia ( mild), but it's still enough to throw some wrenches into my daily life - and incidentally, some of the symptoms of these comorbid problems I, and others, have, are also symptoms of ASD.

If Nitromemantine works to correct such deficiencies, while providing focus, energy, and calmness of mind... Then by JOVE!

We have our magic bullet.

Well, maybe... we just gotta' do some trial-shootin' first! Man... I can't wait to see what GoBox thinks about this - the implications are real promising. A drug that works for a high amount of disorders! And very few side-effects...

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 12 June 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#256 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

We discussed it here some time ago and there was a great deal of interest at the time yes the asd connection goes beyond "just interesting" for me .

#257 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

(Discussed nitromemantine and the possibility of a purchase )

#258 Nootmeup

• 35 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:11 PM

I have to agree Ultra, this has become one of my most favorite threads on here ever,
I have even been checking my email a few times a day for updates, which I never did in the past.
!!!!!!!!! BUT GUYS IN NEED YOUR INPUT !!!!
I'm very worried after reading more threads on HUP-A, there is a lot of distain for it, the concensious is that like i.e Adderall ,deteriorating dopamine receptors, that hupazine-a will irreversibly and permanently inhibit my brains ability to produce sufficient aceytacholine,
Can anyone else attribute or give their experiences please?
I trust you Ultra and my word recall has changed even on day three and my memory seems to be getting even better than it all ready is, but long term is important to me too, and this is really making me paranoid, especially after Stinks comment, which I haven't noticed any major grammatical flaws in your post myself Ultra ... Maybe a little casual, but nothing dramaticly or grammatically wrong, I've noticed I've been smoking less cigarretes for some reason work is going good besides the constant worry and thoughts of " why did I take Hup-a this morning.
I reluctantly took 50mcg this morning even after all I read but idk I'm worried I have a bad feeling,it just doesn't feel right, please give me hope or ease my mind, I am rembering a ton, not that my memory is bad in the first place... I need your input Ultra and others input,

Maybe I'll just drop it cold turkey and go with the saying " if it ain't broke don't fix it"not that
my focus and memory is perfect, but sitting here worried about side effects sucks.

And Ultra good article on Add the one with he brain imagining I'm definitely going to read the whole thing.... Tho it is a long article, I will read it over the next few days

#259 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:55 PM

My input is that only you can truely know if your responding too something positively or not ...... That being said huperzine a stays in my stack and if I need a washout I replace huperzine with zinc (I'm using huperzine too treat my ADHD more so then as a nootropic )

Yes yes yes zinc also has proven efficacy in ADHD patients oh yeah and did I mention it's also an nmda inhibitor!

The reason I dint take zinc daily is because it's a GABA antagonist however I have recently decided too trial out gastrodin as a standalone ( look up gastrodin Or the brand name and only available preparation too my knowledge "brain-shield " I was going too and should have made a post w/ all the research I've collected on it but this stuff looks unreal and the benefits are going too keep piling up...watch)

So my plan is in July I'll drop huperzine for the month and replace it with gastrodin and zinc (read up on gastrodin and you can and will see why big scary zinc doesn't bother me on it )

Ps I've tried aricept and galantamine aricept is not for me and while I only tried Galantamine from one vendor (a highly trusted HUGE domestic supplier of wholesale items) it literally had no effect on me add too that the cases of sudden death in patients taking it and um yeah SELF EXPLANATORY

#260 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:57 PM

I love cdp-choline and dmae but the dmae is tricky whereas acetylcholine sources are concerned

I usually take PABA from vitamin shoppe with my dose of dmae ( I don't take PABA unless I cycle dmae ) as a watered down version of gh3

#261 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:07 AM

Ok I know this is so random but I knew I needed too share this immediately even though the direct connection too ADHD is a phantoma in my mind

But check this Scientific Study on Agmatines connection too Near Death Experiences and scientific Out Of Body phenomena

http://www.neurotran.../neardeath.html

#262 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:47 AM

Really pertinent list I stumbled on

Future Treatments for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)

Drug Name Pharmacologic Action Company/Pipeline Indication Developmental Phase Links to Clinical Trials
LY2216684 (NERI-IV) Norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor Eli Lilly ADHD, Depression Phase III

ABT-089 Neuronal nicotinic receptor partial (alpha4beta2 & alpha6beta2) agonist Abbott Laboratories ADHD Phase II (possibly discontinued)

ABT-894 Neuronal nicotinic receptor (alpha4beta2 subtype selective) agonist Abbott Laboratories / NeuroSearch ADHD Phase II

eltoprazine Serotonin 5-HT1A and 5-HT1B receptor agonist, 5-HT2C receptor antagonist PsychoGenics ADHD Phase II

AZD3480 Neuronal nicotinic receptor (alpha4beta2 subtype selective) agonist Targacept / Astrazeneca ADHD Phase II

AZD1446 Neuronal nicotinic receptor (alpha4beta2 subtype selective) agonist Targacept / Astrazeneca ADHD, Alzheimer's disease Phase II

TC-5619 Neuronal nicotinic receptor (alpha7 subtype selective) agonist Targacept / Astrazeneca ADHD, schizophrenia Phase II

OPC-34712 Dopamine D2 receptor partial agonist Otsuka ADHD, depression, schizophrenia Phase II

------------------------------------

On another note I think we've forgotten too delve into a huge issue wherein ADHD is concerned

Methylation
And or Healthy COMT activity and Nootropic / Nutraceutical Support

Methylation and supplements like
Quarterfolic (5-mhtf)
Betaine aka TriMethylGlycine
And Methylfolate

( in the order of strength of effects and level of treatment I receive from each )

TriMethylGlycine or the product better known as Betaine is of special interest too me as it is a healthy (meaning not excitotoxic) NMDA agonist , can effectively act as not only a methylation agent but also as a temporary healthy replacement during times of low folic acid intake (or in a non methylators case during low "Turnover" )
, potentially increases methylcobalamin , reduces homocysteine

#263 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:03 AM

So upon watching a documentary last night on ketamine ( I just finished watching some quality Fictional series which is rare for me too find a series like that as my ADHD makes it almost futile too try and force myself too engage or really home in on stuff that doesn't interest me and pique my curiosity , but I did just get a new order of l-deprenyl and upped the dose for the first 5 days ) anyways........ The ketamine has been of great interest as a novel solution too a more encompassing stronger nmda antagonistic values per dose then a lot of others , however getting ketamine is very inconsistent with my liaison alas I studied up on MXE however even considering that my Nootropic/ Nutraceutical/Rx stack is definitely within the confines of a harm reduction modual model

I couldn't get down as it were hahaha

So anyways that piqued my old interest in the Ketamine documentary
And the links between ketamine and Repeated Tri Daily high dosage Agmatine Is pretty clear

While I never have received as what I'd call a high from memantine ( definitely induces a unique conscious feeling though )or adamantine

There are a few reports of using them as dissasosciatives and I've seen some rather (For My purposes,anyway)successful reports of using traditional on label nmda inhibitors as dissasosciative psychedelics akin too Ketamine ( Specifically more so then the following) PCP. And DxM/DXO

And then too some of the novel NMDA inhibitors / Antagonists I Employ

Agmatine - The Agmatine is clearly psychotropic at higher doses and effects are not your typical "Subtle Nootropic " types either , Agmatine has so many benefits that it amazes me the few negatives that exist can be mediated and you will also be positively modulating the effects of the Agmatine with the addition of Fish Oil , low dose aspirin , Lithium orotate taken by itself once as you awaken and once within an hour of bedtime , and vinpocetine or Gingko Biloba standardized extract

Magnesium- l-threonate- has pyschoactivity a dose =too 144 Mgs elemental is for me the minimum active dose that I can feel pyschoactivity at I generally receive 2-3 doses daily equivalent too 288 Mgs of elemental magnesium the effects although immediate sort of come too an odd crescendo after a few weeks and drop only too level out too what I can describe as being in and under the additional pro nootropic properties of chronic dosing it's effects on metabolism , LTP, Short term memory formation and rapid consolidation , Overall plasticity , modulation of NMDA receptors as well as proven NMDA upregulation , if your going too take magnesium l threonate I highly Highly Urge you too Grab Some mag taurate ( taurate is what I stack with and I really like its effects so for $ reasons I take the non threonate as my main support for dietary intake of magnesium AS you don't too be potentially curing a deficit and therefore not receiving the full benefits of the Magnesium L Threonate )citrate or oxide it doesn't matter I just steer clear of glycinate for obvious reasons BUT do be sure too Consume an additional form of your choice it can make night and day when utilizing l threonate
When I first started utilizing l threonate I was doing 2 months on one off and was also cycling
Acetyl l carnitine arginate ( can be a bitch too dose with my Agmatine dosing protocol ) and The highest quality Lions Mane extract I could find ( and still consider it the best)

The combo of Alcar Arg ,Mag L threonate , and Lions Mane ( With Pqq , cdp-choline,biopterin, 5-mhtf ,NADH or Picamilon 2-3x daily for an espescially calm yet focused dopaminergic effect ) is a synergy that's hard too match (read impossible as of now ) with any other agents for NGF , myelial growth and extension, dendrite density increase , increased focus and physical energy it's a brilliant Nerve growth promotion stack and if you include the optional supplements listed taking that stack for three months will make Incredible difference in your nootropic endeavors I would highly recommend you go on a stack too increase nerve growth and increase dendrite density modulate nmda receptors Improve focus as well as Long and Short Term memory formation and consolidation ...... The biggest thing with that stack is that is avoid any substances with tolerance issues on herinaceum extracts from lions mane or Acetyl L Carnitine Arginate ( sigma tau ) I have felt the effect personally read a variety of novel reports and anecdotes and I think NGF promoting substances can actually increase and speed up the progression of normal Tolerance where habituation and or addictive drugs are concerned

And finally my jumbled ramble is over with this

Lithium Orotate- While Lithium Orotate does Subtley Flatten my mood if Dosed twice daily too Receive 10Mgs of elemental Lithium or ,
My current dosing regimen is based off the additional benefits of chronic administration So I consume 5 mg elemental as 124 Mgs lithium Orotate with bio Pqq TMG and one optimized liver cap on night A and Alternate on Night B I take 15 Mgs Elemental Lithium from Orotate with two optimized liver capsules 20mg Pqq 40 mg luteolin ( The luteolin is a recent addition due too my uber positive response too life extensions Mitochondrial Enhancer Stack Pill I am already using Alcar arginate as my sole source biopqq every other month due too cost , benfotiamine and I had been looking for some good luteolin for a whole recently I have seen at least three eBay vendors with legit 98% luteolin sourced from a non allergen bioflavonoid and it's very affordable in bulk so I got around a years worth for about 46.00 total ) , and 1 gram TMG , the reasoning for the other supplements is all varied but synergism is expected and perceived idk how the luteolin will work here long term but from the looks and feel of things I might just start dosing luteolin daily , the TMG is for increased Absorption &mine includes 100mg pepsin 50 mg papain 40 mg bromelain because I don't just take the Betaine for Nootropic/Methylation effects I take it for and started taking it for life extension and gall bladder health , the biopqq is capable of inducing mitochondrial biogenesis couple that with lithium oros Nmda antagonistic effects and of Specific interest is that like mag l threonate it is a positive Modulator However the orotate form of lithium is an NMDA antagonist as well as an AMPAR Modulator Oh and All neurogenesis and induction of Grey matter regenesis combined with already synergistic effects they have with each other Luteolin+BioPQQ I am Hypothesizing here COULD ALL TOGETHER w/Magnesium L-Threonate permanently Act as a Pro Modulation Device on a variety of Positive Processes And Effects via NMDA And AMPA Modulation Coupled with Lithiums bio regenerative effect on grey matter and general neuroregenerative / Neuro protective qualities combined with Luteolins effect on :( from Wikipedia and this is a MODEST description of luteolin At best )

Proposed activities include antioxidant activity (ie. scavenging of free radicals), promotion of carbohydrate metabolism, and immune system modulation.[citation needed] Other in vitro studies suggest luteolin has anti-inflammatory activity,[7][8] and that it acts as a monoamine transporter activator,[9] a phosphodiesterase inhibitor,[10] and an interleukin 6 inhibitor.[7]

With the last three effects being the ones I propose May in concert with BioPQQ and Lithium Orotate

Protect brain cells , Correct a variety of Problems on a cellular level , Induce A form of Longer Lasting LTP effects then your average nootropic stack , have serious capability of being a successful Nootropic RX (or Strong Augmentation) for Depression , Anxiety , and quite Possibly have some serious effect as a Hyper-Effective augmentation too any ADHD Treatment protocol

Haha that is all Stinkon I've been toying around with a few medical strains for the past few days on top of my normal stack
ADHD symptoms are Even more alleviated and ameliorated too the point nearing or close too remission of ADHD symptoms !!!! Promising

#264 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:06 AM

Ok I'll stop with this

I guess it never really sunk in in my brain that
Phenylalanine is an NMDA antagonist AND Calcium Channel Blocker and effects have been attributed too this MoA , anything that I'm coming across that's relevant too ADHD treatment I'm
Gonna post because this post is a WEALTH for someone just starting out or getting sick of failed Rx attempts

#265 GetOutOfBox

• Topic Starter
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:59 AM

Back from a hiatus due to computer issues and being busy with work. Typing this out on a craptop from the early 00's.

Glad to see all of the discussion! It's good seeing all of the posts looking into various different avenues of investigation. I've perused most of your posts, but there are too many for me to reply directly to them all. So I'll just discuss some of the concepts I'm seeing.

Firstly, in regards to the discussion of the NMDA Hypothesis of ADHD that I've proposed here (based on a compilation of direct studies, indirect ones, Memantine trials and experiences, circumstantial connections, etc). I currently am strongly convinced that this is indeed the root cause of the disorder, and is currently my primary area of investigation. It explains pretty much everything very neatly, compared to the very incomplete theories proposing the dopaminergic system to be the root cause. I have successfully ordered some Memantine to Canada. It will take quite a while to get here due to the way I ordered it, but it'll be worth the wait.

Now, in regards to some of your contributions to this theory: I noticed a mention of Nitromemantine. I had indeed encountered this agent during my research and pursued it, however it just isn't a viable choice at this time. It is not actually marketed anywhere yet (still in trials) and thus is not available from any pharmacy. So the only way to aquire it would be custom synthesis from a lab that doesn't check patents, which means big $$. Furthermore, dosage information is not publicly available and thus there is no way to determine how much is required for the therapeutic effect. The dosage very likely is different from regular Memantine due to the different formula and more varied MoA (acting on pre AND post synaptic NMDA receptors). So as much as I would love to try it, it doesn't seem possible at the moment. However, I welcome discussion of it, as I agree that should Memantine prove effective, Nitromemantine is the logical next-step!

As for other NMDA agents such as Ketamine, they're worth a try, but they'll likely produce a lot of undesirable side-effects, mainly reduced cognitive performance and possibly dissociation. This is because they either are full NMDA antagonists, or are also antagonists of other glutamate receptor sites. Memantine is useful for this pursuit as it binds to the magnesium channel on NMDA receptors. This means that rather than blockading the receptor, it simply increases the voltage required to activate it. So what you get is more akin to a modulatory effect, rather than blocking. This is good for this purpose, as it prevents the side effects of too little NMDA activity, which include reduced memory aquisition and working memory performance, brain fog, etc. I also some some mention of PEA being linked to the cause of ADHD. I ran into this one early on, and discounted it because there simply was very little evidence that it was actually implicated in the causality of the disorder. All there are are a few small trials noting that people with ADHD also had slightly reduced levels of PEA. This doesn't mean low PEA causes the disease, just that it happened to be low in some people who happened to have ADHD. It's very possible that having ADHD causes low production of PEA, not the other way around. The lack of clinical interest in this area, as well as the lack of efficacy supplementing it (even with MAO inhibitors, which is very risky imo) ruled this avenue of investigation out for me. I would be more interested if a large-scale trial found this link. The same applies to most precursor theories (i.e low Tyrosine, etc). They sound interesting in theory, but in practice most people do not signifigantly respond more compared to placebo, and the ones that do often report a loss of therapeutic effect after a period of time, implying that they were simply temporarily increasing dopamine production, that leveled out as rate-limited enzymes adjusted.

As for Agmatine and a few other supplements (Magnesium-L-Threonate, etc), I'm seeing a lot of hype here. I'm open to discussion of course, but please refrain from over-hyping things without providing studies backing up the hype. The placebo effect is very powerful, I've experienced it many times, only to lose the effects the initial novelty wears off (*cough* Oxiracetam). Agmatine itself has virtually no studies backing up it's efficacy treating any psychiatric disorder. It is an important compound in the brain, but people who get a decent diet have more than enough produced endogenously. I have also not seen many reliable looking case reports of people experiencing signifigant relief using it primarily. Supplementary agmatine may help augment other agents, particularly opiods and cannabinoids, but that's the extent of it's proven use right now.

Magnesium-L-Threonate got quite a bit of hype here on longecity, but actually looking at the research I'm seeing a few problems. A) There is only ONE study reporting the alleged benefits, and they used rats, which is still useful for getting an idea of a compounds possible efficacy, but there really is very little evidence supporting any claims of signifigant benefits over regular magnesium salts. B) No one knows the appropriate human dose. This is important, as it varies signifigantly between magnesium salts. The doses you see in various longecity doses are either just made up by the poster, or based on the manufacturers instructions, which are also made up, as the rat study did not include the dosage at all, let alone a human converted version. The fact that I'm not seeing any posts from people who have been using it for longer than a few weeks and still experiencing the alleged positive effects is yet another red flag suggesting bullshit. This isn't new, it's been floating around for a while. Additionally, it actually has a far lower bioavailability than cheaper forms of magnesium, which suggests you need to take much, much more. Finally, that shit is expensive for what in all likelihood is a glorified magnesium citrate.

@Ultravioletbllc: Your posts are informative, but they seem to stray from the focus of ADD/ADHD. I'm glad to hear summarized descriptions of your experiences and discoveries, but if you'd like to post in such great detail in regards to other disorders, such as mood disorders, metabolism, brain health, etc, I suggest you create a seperate thread to document them and link to it here. I'd like to keep things very on-topic and specific to the primary facets of ADD/ADHD here; attention difficulties, memory performance, motivation, hyperactivity, executive function (self-regulation), impulsiveness, etc. Too many threads devolve into more broad discussions which can be frustrating for people pursueing the threads original intent, so I'd like to keep this one on track. I do appreciate your work, and am interested in hearing more about it, I just ask that you focus on the key ADHD things here, and save the more broad discussion for a seperate thread.

Now on to Huperzine-A. I actually just ordered this, thinking I might as well give it a try since in all likelihood it's more likely to produce noticable effects than the fairly weak racetams. However, while I was waiting for it to arrive, I did some more research, and found that it does not seem like an ideal nootropic. First of all, it has a ridiculously long half-life (greater than 24 hours). This means you must be very careful with dosing, it's definitely not a daily thing. Secondly, this long half-life means that it will inevitably be active while you sleep, which is NOT desirable. Acetylcholine is naturally suppressed during certain sleep phases; it is theorized that this is part of memory consolidation. So regularly increasing acetylcholine levels with Hup-A during sleep will likely reduce long-term memory formation over time. This has very bad implications on learning processes. Finally, I've seen quite a few reports of agents that increase acetylcholine causing depression/mild dysphoria in some users, particularly after regular use. Not something I want to add on top of ADD thank you. The fact that Acetylcholine is not prominently linked to ADHD combined with all of these negatives is a dealbreaker for me.

@Stinkorninjor: Excellent find in regards to the Cannabigerol! Definitely an interesting avenue of investigation, as cannabis is fairly easily available in most parts of the world. I've experimented with micro-dosing cannabis using a vaporizer, with mixed results, but it depends greatly on the strain. Your lack of success with Hemp supplementation despite the promising levels reportedly in it is probably just the result of natural variations of it's presence. This is the problem with plant-matter supplements, the levels of active compounds can vary greatly between batches, other compounds can interfere with the efficacy, etc, etc.

Finally, wrapping things up, lets try to minimize discussion of precursor supplements (Tyrosine, Tryptophan, etc)/vitamins/minerals, as they have largely been ruled out by the medical community as not likely being the cause of the disorder. Most of the trials suggesting a benefit are confounded by simaltaneous use of active pharmaceuticals (Methylphenidate, Amphetamine, Atomoxetine, etc) by the trials' participants. Case reports on the internet are very mixed, and most do not report long-term success independent of other ADHD drugs. The bulk of the research in regards to ADHD suggests genetic issues with various receptors, neurotransmitter transporters, or the release of neurotransmitters themselves. This strongly suggests an actual dysfunction in brain circuitry, not a dietary defiency. Despite my current interest in NMDA receptors, I am definitely intrigued to hear more about specific dopaminergic issues, norepineprine, serotonin, acetylcholine, other glutaminergic targets (i.e glycine), NGF/BDNF, or any other intriguing neurocircuitry avenue of research you arrive upon. I'm still open to hearing about vitamin/precursor/mineral supplements, but please avoid making huge/multiple posts on these topics unless you have studies directly relating to ADHD backing your idea up.

#266 owtsgmi

• 162 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:24 AM

Great thread!  Whew!  Just read through it.   I followed much of the same path and ended up focusing on NMDA-antagonists as well.  I took memantine at small doses for years but was always plagued by brain fog.  Now I take 2.5mg LDN each night and occasionally 333mg alcamprosate (as needed) - both NDMA antagonists.  I also take magnesium supps too.  LDN is awesome - you get the NMDA antagonism + a great endorphin rush through the day + plus it resets your immunity (T1/T2).  As far as memantine goes, now they have the drops from ceretropic, which allows much smaller doses to avoid the cognitive issues (I occasionally take a drop in the am).

#267 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:00 PM

Welcome, owtsgmi! = )

I just read up on LDN ( Low-dose Naltrexone) and Acamprosate - and Acamprosate definitely seems to be an interesting compound, as it is an NMDA-antagonist and GABA -agonist.

I can't find any info or science that seems to imply that LDN is an NMDA-antagonist however, nor any evidence that it would be useful for ADHD. Slightly antagonising our endorphins ( supposedly, this actually up-regulates them, in the long run), doesn't seem like a useful thing for our problems.

I did find info that LDN appears to be having some kind of synergistic effect on Acamprosate, when it's used for treating substance-dependance, it appears to make the users of Acamprosate less prone to drop out of treatment, and enhances the feeling of LESS abstinence. This could certainly be interpreted as certain evidence that it would be useful for ADHD, as self-medication through substance-abuse is so much more common among ADHD-sufferers, than the mainline population.

@Gobox: Glad to have ya' back, man. Your validation of the a2-properties of Cannabigerol is ensuring and motivating! How do you figure one would go about finding a strain that's been bred for Cannabigerol? I hear there are actually legal seed-banks for medicinal marijuana, where they have various breeds. Do you figure one of these seed-banks would have greater knowledge of the compound-count for various breeds? Might be possible to purchase a breed with select Cannabigerol -count then, and perhaps even initiate a pilot-study through a university or some such.

#268 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

I'm looking into a new trail on treatment, and L-Theanine is popping up. One of the active ingredients in green tea, and a very good synergistic with Caffeine, as per this study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/20079786

Some, like our very own Liquidfire, report that it helps quite a bit with ADHD -symptoms. 

It has low affinity for ionotropic glutamate receptors - AMPA, kainate, and NMDA - but I'm having a hard time digging up info on whether that affinity is antagonistic or agonistic. It appears to be structurally similar to glutamate and glycine tho', so I get the feeling that it's competes for the glutamate receptor-sites. It inhibits glutamate excitotoxicity ( interestingly, this is one of the primary modes of action of Memantine... ), so it should prove useful for those that may suffer from glutamate over-production, and hence toxicity.

( as per this classic longecity-post)

http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=646792

I'm thinking it could be a very useful addition to most nootropic ADD-stacks, especially since it appears to increase endogenous dopamine-levels.

So a stack could look a bit like this:

Uridine UMP

CDP-Choline

L-theanine

Cocoa/Cacao -powder

Some report drowsiness at higher doses however, so perhaps better as a sleeping-aid, than as a day-time addition to a stack. ( Cocoa should synergize nicely with L-theanine, since it contains caffeine, and PEA, yet is much tastier for us bitterness super-tasters.

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 17 June 2014 - 02:14 PM.

#269 GetOutOfBox

• Topic Starter
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

Great thread!  Whew!  Just read through it.   I followed much of the same path and ended up focusing on NMDA-antagonists as well.  I took memantine at small doses for years but was always plagued by brain fog.  Now I take 2.5mg LDN each night and occasionally 333mg alcamprosate (as needed) - both NDMA antagonists.  I also take magnesium supps too.  LDN is awesome - you get the NMDA antagonism + a great endorphin rush through the day + plus it resets your immunity (T1/T2).  As far as memantine goes, now they have the drops from ceretropic, which allows much smaller doses to avoid the cognitive issues (I occasionally take a drop in the am).

LDN certainly sounds intriguing. Although there seems to be no direct evidence supporting it's effectiveness for ADHD, it seems that opioid antagonism modulates the mesolimbic system in some not fully known way, so it has potential to influence reward mechanisms at the least. It's doubtful it can directly improve any attention/executive function in any way as opioid receptors play less of a role in the prefrontal cortex. I would however watch out for dysphoria or mild depression, which opioid antagonism, even at low doses can induce.

However as Stinkorninjor said, Naltrexone does not demonstrate NMDA affinity of any sort. There is also not a lot of evidence of Naltrexone demonstrating beneficial immunological modulatory activity and I would be skeptical of such claims.

Acamprosate is a rather interesting compound which I'm glad you've raised in this thread. The GABA agonism is not really relevant to ADHD and may be a problem as GABAergic agents tend to be addictive, though the NMDA-antagonism may also reduce the development of tolerance as it does for opioidal and to a lesser extent dopaminergic agents (this is a big "may" however, there really isn't any research suggesting that, GABAergic up/downregulation may not be dependent on calcium gradients).

What is most interesting though is it's mGluR5 antagonism. mGluR5 is a glutaminergic receptor that overactivity of which has also been implicated in ADHD. Mice engineered to lack the receptor demonstrate increased novelty responsive locomotion (so they responded to novel stimuli more than regular mice). So antagonizing the receptor may in theory help with motivation and salience in humans, though of course it's very possible the receptor behaves differently in humans. Still, definitely intriguing!

Welcome, owtsgmi! = )

I just read up on LDN ( Low-dose Naltrexone) and Acamprosate - and Acamprosate definitely seems to be an interesting compound, as it is an NMDA-antagonist and GABA -agonist.

I can't find any info or science that seems to imply that LDN is an NMDA-antagonist however, nor any evidence that it would be useful for ADHD. Slightly antagonising our endorphins ( supposedly, this actually up-regulates them, in the long run), doesn't seem like a useful thing for our problems.

I did find info that LDN appears to be having some kind of synergistic effect on Acamprosate, when it's used for treating substance-dependance, it appears to make the users of Acamprosate less prone to drop out of treatment, and enhances the feeling of LESS abstinence. This could certainly be interpreted as certain evidence that it would be useful for ADHD, as self-medication through substance-abuse is so much more common among ADHD-sufferers, than the mainline population.

@Gobox: Glad to have ya' back, man. Your validation of the a2-properties of Cannabigerol is ensuring and motivating! How do you figure one would go about finding a strain that's been bred for Cannabigerol? I hear there are actually legal seed-banks for medicinal marijuana, where they have various breeds. Do you figure one of these seed-banks would have greater knowledge of the compound-count for various breeds? Might be possible to purchase a breed with select Cannabigerol -count then, and perhaps even initiate a pilot-study through a university or some such.

It's very possible that strains with high Cannabigerol concentrations exist already, however I doubt you'll find labs that test for it, as it's very obscure.

The difficulty in initiating interest in it for ADHD is that similar pharmacological agents (Guanfacine predominantly, but also Clonidine) already exist, so there's likely not a large difference in it's effects, and since it's difficult enough as it is to engage in human pilot studies for cannabis, it probably won't happen through official channels until prohibition in North America is struck down, which realistically given the political climate will probably happen within the next 10 years.

I'm looking into a new trail on treatment, and L-Theanine is popping up. One of the active ingredients in green tea, and a very good synergistic with Caffeine, as per this study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/20079786

Some, like our very own Liquidfire, report that it helps quite a bit with ADHD -symptoms. 

It has low affinity for ionotropic glutamate receptors - AMPA, kainate, and NMDA - but I'm having a hard time digging up info on whether that affinity is antagonistic or agonistic. It appears to be structurally similar to glutamate and glycine tho', so I get the feeling that it's competes for the glutamate receptor-sites. It inhibits glutamate excitotoxicity ( interestingly, this is one of the primary modes of action of Memantine... ), so it should prove useful for those that may suffer from glutamate over-production, and hence toxicity.

( as per this classic longecity-post)

http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=646792

I'm thinking it could be a very useful addition to most nootropic ADD-stacks, especially since it appears to increase endogenous dopamine-levels.

So a stack could look a bit like this:

Uridine UMP

CDP-Choline

L-theanine

Cocoa/Cacao -powder

Some report drowsiness at higher doses however, so perhaps better as a sleeping-aid, than as a day-time addition to a stack. ( Cocoa should synergize nicely with L-theanine, since it contains caffeine, and PEA, yet is much tastier for us bitterness super-tasters.

UMP is very very high hyped here on Longecity, but there are virtually no human studies demonstrating significant beneficial effects. It's dopaminergic action that Mr Happy likes to promote so much is minimal at best. Like CDP-Choline it really is more of a general cellular health supporter, increasing cell membrane health and such. So great for ageing or neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinsons or some forms of dementia, but not particularly psychoactive in itself.

L-Theanine is a great supplement for ADHD, but I myself find that it's really better as a supplement to take the edge off of stimulants. It's effects tend to be fairly mild.

Edited by GetOutOfBox, 17 June 2014 - 02:50 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#270 Ultravioletbllc

• 219 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:10 PM

The doses of l theanine that I have too take too be an effective treatment are closer too 600-800 mg at a time and I'm not the only one who has felt like this

That means unless I buy whole foods brand ( incredibly cost effective in comparison too a lot of others ) I just source it as a bulk supplement and at the bulk price I'm actually paying even less then with the w/f brand

I just received my " re-up" on just about everything I order in bulk and I will be swapping out DLPA with D-Pa Tommorow
I have also decided too give Magnesium l threonate a month or two off as I'm taking lithium with the deprenyl (orotate form =10-15 mg elemental lithium a day , the reason for the "higher" dose of Lithium is that at 5-10 mg daily last year I had no lithium in my system when I had bloodwork done )

I will report back on the effectiveness of a few new things I've instituted into my stack ( like the addition of low dose phenibut at night and the swap too d-pa both should have an altered effect with the deprenyl )

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: add, adhd, sct, stack, fog, anxiety, concentration, motivation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users