• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

The intelligent smoker: what should a smoker take to nullify harm?

tobacco carbon monoxide carcinogens lungs nicotine mucus elimination

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#91 Layberinthius

• 298 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:52 AM

Tobacco prevalence in society is all about population control.

The more of us they can kill the less of us they have to feed.

To nullify harm you must strip away everything except for the thing that you want the most, Nicotine.

And take a large amount of multivmtains inorder to replace what your body uses up while it is burning the midnight oil on nicotine.

Your brain and liver and kidneys will all be stressed out due to the introduction of a pesticide into your system, monitor those parts of your body aswell.

Thats the best way to eliminate harm if you are going to continue using.

Edited by Layberinthius, 07 November 2013 - 01:55 AM.

• like x 1

#92 YOLF

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

LOL ok my almost multi decade long friendships with some Japanese people who were sent to Australia to befriend me and spread the good tobacco words may just be scams.

I do see how some countries may have strong enough tobacco companies that could lean on the people who put the cancer figures out but Japan is not one of those, Japan comes in at number 7 on http://transparency.org/ while the land of the free is at 17.

So Japan is the 7th highest?

#93 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

The 7th least corrupt country in the world.

I am going to try with the ecigs again. Problem has been that I had too high a strength nicotine ejuice 16mg, I get ringing in my ears while vaping it and this ringing takes a day or two to go back to normal when I resume the regular cigs. I have ordered some 6mg and 0mg Juice and hopefully it can replace the reg cigs

sponsored ad

• Advert

#94 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

What do people think of Ploom? I have see whole 7-11s here in Korea converting from having the standard Cigarette display to having a plastic hi tech ploom point of sale including a few 10in screens.

It heats and vaporizes real tobacco and the pods are made by big tobacco instead of small shisters. Would vaporising tobacco be any different in regards to inhalation of polonium-210?

I now have 0mg and 6mg ecig juice, im going to try to just ecig, will mix the 6mg down and adjust it to a level where I can vape all day and not get this ringing in my ears

#95 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:47 AM

It is the leading preventable cause of death.

Actually no, it's alcohol abuse. Check the life expectancy of Russia, it's near the bottom of the list just above third world countries like Bangladesh, Iraq and North Korea. Russia is the world leader when it comes to alcohol abuse.
On the other hand, check the life expectancy in Cuba, one of the biggest smokers next to the japanese. Despite the poverty, It's superior to the US and Denmark...

One has to always keep in mind that cigarettes ( industrial cigarettes) and pure tobacco are two different things. Cubans smoke mostly cigars ( surprise !) wich are handmade and contains no additive ( and sold at premium prices to the western world). The japanese smoke different type of cigarettes than what is sold in the rest of the western world ( charcoal filtered has been mentionned ).
Industrial cigarettes are no doubt evil becauses of all the crazy additives in them, and should be avoided as much as possible , if not entirely. Pure tobacco, cigars are another story.

Bottom line :
- Don't smoke
- if you must smoke, restrict yourself to pure tobacco or cigars ( real and handmade, and no more than one or two cigars per week )
- Avoid industrial cigarettes at all cost.

#96 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:56 AM

That was true in the US. A country can alky themselves out to the point where liquor kills more people, but it's not easy. Although chemically treated cigarettes are worse than natural ones your lungs aren't designed to take in smoke, tar and hot burning air. It will still kill you, just not as quickly.

Edited by Luminosity, 18 February 2014 - 03:57 AM.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#97 YOLF

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

That was true in the US. A country can alky themselves out to the point where liquor kills more people, but it's not easy. Although chemically treated cigarettes are worse than natural ones your lungs aren't designed to take in smoke, tar and hot burning air. It will still kill you, just not as quickly.

Cigars aren't typically inhaled, so it doesn't get into the lungs. Cancer from cigar smoking won't kill you as inhaling 10-30 cigarettes/day. Smoking a cigar won't satiate a smoker either and if you inhale it, while it will satiate you, it will also lower your sex drive (at least that was my experience, when I smoked the cigarette cigars that were cheaper than cigarettes and would inhale, I wasn't able to get it up for the day). Inhaling cigars = carcinogenic virtual castration. Just quit smoking if you do and sign up for cryonics so you'll get a new set of lungs with your new body in the future ;)

#98 hippocampus

• 736 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

Bottom line :
- Don't smoke
- if you must smoke, restrict yourself to pure tobacco or cigars ( real and handmade, and no more than one or two cigars per week )
- Avoid industrial cigarettes at all cost.

I'd add:
- if you need just nicotine, use snus.

@cryonicsculture: nicotine itself lowers sex drive, it's not something special in cigarettes. In fact, IME it more often causes anorgasmia than lowering sex drive, and it's also vasoconstrictor so it weakens erection.

#99 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:38 AM

"Intelligent Smoker" is an Oxymoron.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#100 YOLF

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

The Serratia marcescens bacteria is often a complication in cancers that makes them more virulent. Smokers are at greater risk for infection and infection can lead not only to the worst forms of lung cancer, but also the failure of other internal organs. The vaccine achieves immunogenesis in at least 97% of those receiving it. The bacteria is virtually immune to all readily available (oral) antibiotics and those IM/IP that work may only be available at select hospitals (they aren't commonly used) or doctors offices. Some serratia strains may also be bio-weapons depending on how they are released on a target. Google it.

I'm starting a group buy:
http://www.longecity...vaccine-for-le/

This vaccine would probably be more effective at extending a smoker's life/healthspan than any supplement.

Tell your friends. We may have to buy quite a bit of it. But if the vaccine is the vaccine I'm thinking it is, it's pretty old and should be pretty cheap to produce.

#101 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:27 AM

I have never had a smokers cough or any lung complaints, never had much sickness in my life, had some spanish flu once in a major way that kept me in bed 3-4 days but other than that I have had a flu like illness maybe 3 or 4 times and get a cold every few years.

I know smoking does kill...

Could a major way that it kills be making it easier for people to get chronic illnesses that weaken them making them susseptible to cancer? and is that what you are saying with this bacteria?

I know some people several years younger than me who have shocking smokers coughs and another person a few years older that I have knowen for 10yrs he has always coughed like a maniac I think he is screwed for sure..

Im in Australia at the moment and smoking a pack every two days along with the electronic cig.. I usually have been going 2 packs per day for much more than 10yrs, its crazy and I do think about how I am damaging myself almost every time I light up

Edited by YOLF, 21 April 2015 - 03:46 AM.

#102 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:59 AM

Im in Australia at the moment and smoking a pack every two days along with the electronic cig.. I usually have been going 2 packs per day for much more than 10yrs, its crazy and I do think about how I am damaging myself almost every time I light up

Can you not reduce the number of cigs further and puff more on the electric cig as needed? An acquaintance of mine was a heavy smoker for decades and he's been able to reduce the number of cigs to just one a day, but he is constantly puffing on the ecig.

#103 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

Now I am smoking 3mg ecig juice cut down from 6mg by mixing 0mg juice and still when I constantly puff on the ecig I get ringing in my ears, I have the 0mg juice and can cut it down further, another problem I have is that every time I switch 100% to the ecig and start vaping constantly I get problems with my teeth, a few of my molars are fairly bad and need inlays crowns and root canals, I feel the teeth after just a day of vaping and about 6 months ago when I got back into vaping exclusively for about a week I ended up needing to get a root canal by the end of that week.

I got to fix all my teeth first.. and will over the next few months. I am guaranteed to need an expensive visit using cash that I do not have if I vape a lot with my screwed teeth

#104 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:37 AM

Perhaps you should also use nicotine patches and vape less?

#105 YOLF

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

I dont have permission to view that?

I have never had a smokers cough or any lung complaints, never had much sickness in my life, had some spanish flu once in a major way that kept me in bed 3-4 days but other than that I have had a flu like illness maybe 3 or 4 times and get a cold every few years.

I know smoking does kill...

Could a major way that it kills be making it easier for people to get chronic illnesses that weaken them making them susseptible to cancer? and is that what you are saying with this bacteria?

I know some people several years younger than me who have shocking smokers coughs and another person a few years older that I have knowen for 10yrs he has always coughed like a maniac I think he is screwed for sure..

Yeah, I'm saying something like that, but not specifically that. Smoking can damage us in alot of ways, so if we can prevent things that take advantage of our damaged bodies it'll buy us some time until we can quit smoking or find a way to "get repaired."

Edited by YOLF, 21 April 2015 - 03:47 AM.

#106 YOLF

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

Now I am smoking 3mg ecig juice cut down from 6mg by mixing 0mg juice and still when I constantly puff on the ecig I get ringing in my ears, I have the 0mg juice and can cut it down further, another problem I have is that every time I switch 100% to the ecig and start vaping constantly I get problems with my teeth, a few of my molars are fairly bad and need inlays crowns and root canals, I feel the teeth after just a day of vaping and about 6 months ago when I got back into vaping exclusively for about a week I ended up needing to get a root canal by the end of that week.

I got to fix all my teeth first.. and will over the next few months. I am guaranteed to need an expensive visit using cash that I do not have if I vape a lot with my screwed teeth

IIRC Serratia can also grow in your gums too. Does your toothbrush have something pink growing on it? You may have more smoking disease than you realize. FYI the lung tar that remains will continue to be a reservoir after you quit.

#107 YOLF

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:34 AM

The group buy for the Serratia Marcecense vaccine has been approved. You can sign up here:
http://www.longecity...vaccine-for-le/

Smokers who are infected by this bacteria are more likely to have a range of other conditions that will speed along their deaths and Serratia is just about everywhere and it can go misdiagnosed quite readily in my experience and gets worse every time you take an antibiotic that doesn't work and Serratia happens to be resistant to all of the common ones and those that do work can cause permanent side effects including loss of hearing and damaged joints. Serratia produces human identical superoxide dismutase as well as other high level antioxidants and is known to accelerate cancers and make them more resistant to treatment. The Serratia vaccine requires three shots on days 1, 8, and 15. So you'll need 3 vials for each person who is going to have it. Let as many friends as possible know about this group buy and push it to them, we may need lots of participants depending on what the minimum order is.

Serratia Marcescens Prognosis

The prognosis for S. marcescens is rather moderately – poor. A population based study of Serratia marcescens bacteremia, showed that the 7th day and 6th month mortality rates were 5 % and 37 %, respectively. Urinary tract infections and respiratory infections show good outcomes, however, Serratia meningitis and Serratia endocarditis display a high mortality rate. Abdominal infections and Serratia arthritis show moderate prognosis.

http://www.serratiam...-Prognosis.html

[disclaimer]

Would anyone be interested in supporting an action group for a nicotine vaccination?

#108 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:17 AM

As I understand vaccines; if you are already infected; this vaccine isn't going to help is it???

#109 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:39 AM

No, it wouldn't. And it's not a "nicotine vaccine". The article is clearly talking about a bacteria that thrives in the tar present in cigarettes, not nicotine itself.

I'm getting awful tired of separating the two for people.

I'm actually taking part in a study, right now, that is collecting data on the lungs of ex-smokers who have moved on to different forms of nicotine administration, done at UNC Chapel Hill Center for Environmental Medicine. They're taking blood tests today to determine my nicotine usage (~5ml of 6-12mg/ml E-Cigarette Fluid), and in a month they will be taking epithelial cell cultures and some other tests to determine my lung function. Which is anecdotally great, btw... I can actually run until my legs give out, and aerobic exercise no longer makes me winded, and hasn't since around 6 months after smoking.

Once the study has been completed, I'll try to get access to the data myself, and tell you guys about the results, good or ill.

#110 YOLF

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

As I understand vaccines; if you are already infected; this vaccine isn't going to help is it???

It depends on the vaccine. This one achieved immunogenicity in 97% of lung cancer patients, 30% of them had complete recovery of their malignant pleural effusions. The rest had partial recovery. So given it's success in patients who are most likely terminally ill, it should work if used for prevention. Keep in mind that these people were also fighting the cancer.

I'm not actually sure that it's the lung tar. That much is an assumption. What I've read is that smoking can make the infection more persistent, and that the infection will significantly reduce the survival of cancer patients. Smokers are more likely to get cancer, so this would be a good proactive step for them. The infection can become permanent, and behaviors associated with smoking probably increase this risk. So it's best to be proactive. It can also cause sturvite type kidney stones and other things, but I haven't put together an exhaustive list.

#111 Phoenicis

• 339 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:19 PM

Even nicotine by itself can be harmful, it upregulates the bcl-2 gene making it harder for your body to kill cells via apoptosis and can result in death resistant cancer cells. Just google-scholar nicotine and bcl-2

Edited by Phoenicis, 07 April 2014 - 05:20 PM.

#112 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:47 PM

A country's longevity doesn't seem to hinge on how much smoking its citizens do. Here I plotted the average yearly consumption of cigarettes (x-axis) vs. longevity (y-axis) for 184 countries. 

Attached Files

Edited by Turnbuckle, 07 April 2014 - 10:16 PM.

#113 william7

• 1,777 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:53 PM

I believe if a person fasts for about 60 days drinking nothing but good, healthy green drinks like mentioned in this website, http://greendrinksforschools.info, you can beat nicotine addiction as is mentioned in the Fasting in Drug Addiction link the website provides. If the person is super hard headed and persists in smoking out of shear wickedness, I think the regular green drink fasting would still be beneficial.

• dislike x 3
  • Unfriendly x 1

#114 Phoenicis

• 339 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:09 AM

Personally cold turkey worked for me, understanding the changes that my body was going through was key to knowing there was light in the end of the tunnel. This website helped alot --> Whyquit.com

As a point of academic interest, I wonder if an MAOI like rasagiline (tabacco smoke acts as an MAOI) might help since it also increases GDNF? If this MAOI were used with nicotine patches the effect should be very similar to smoking right? So slowly decreasing nicotine should work more easily right?

Edited by Phoenicis, 08 April 2014 - 12:10 AM.

#115 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

Lets not forget that humanity has been through four 100 000 year long Ice ages with short 30 000 to 40 000 periods of sunshine reggae in between.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age

During those times we almost certainly survived by huddling around smoky wood fires.
I cant help wondering what effect that had on us from an evolutionary standpoint..?

Off Subject:
If you give those graphs to a stock broker he would be selling hot and buying cold as fast as he could..!
This makes me wonder if a taste for reindeer meat and making eskimo kit from the pelts isn't more important to longevity than giving up smoke!? :)

Note that the big difference in the graphs that may give said stock broker pause is that the CO2 graph is way higher this time and leading rather than following the temperature graph. Have we been paying dearly for our short sightedness, and our day in the sun, at the fuel pumps..???

Edited by Logic, 08 April 2014 - 12:09 PM.

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#116 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:11 PM

After extensive research at Google University, I switched from analog to electric cigarettes.  A few months later, I decided to start making my own e juice to make things more fun and cost effective.  This can be safer as you have morecontrol and more knowledge of what is going into your smoke juice, as well as mixing your own flavors and nicotine concentrations.

It is crucial that you take time to read about ingredients including flavors and where to find trusted vendors.  You need to take the same approach to this as you would with supplements, nootropics and such.  

PHARMACOPEA / FOOD GRADE   Propelyne glycol  and/or vegetable glycerin  for your base

Try to get light or colorless flavors whenever possible, do not use oil based flavors, avoid flavors with custard notes, do not vape alcohol, even stuff like everclear, no matter what you read from some idiot's thread about how cool it is.

Nicotine in vapor doesn't get into the bloodstream as fast as smoke does, close but not quite, that is one reason you may see someone  who used to be a moderate or heavy smoker pulling and pulling on their e cig.  Another reason is that the nicotine content is lower than they are accustomed to from an analog, they are pulling to get that satisfying throat hit, or more smokelike vapor (if you make your own, you can fix all of that to fit your preferences)   Third reason is that you can vape just about anywhere and gives you something to do with your hands and mouth.  Fourth reason is that it simply tastes good.

Edited by Duchykins, 09 April 2014 - 11:10 PM.

• like x 1

#117 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:23 PM

After extensive research at Google University, I switched from analog to electric cigarettes.  A few months later, I decided to start making my own e juice to make things more fun and cost effective.  This can be safer as you have morecontrol and more knowledge of what is going into your smoke juice, as well as mixing your own flavors and nicotine concentrations.

It is crucial that you take time to read about ingredients including flavors and where to find trusted vendors.  You need to take the same approach to this as you would with supplements, nootropics and such.  

PHARMACOPEA / FOOD GRADE   Propelyne glycol  and/or vegetable glycerin  for your base

Try to get light or colorless flavors whenever possible, do not use oil based flavors, avoid flavors with custard notes, do not vape alcohol, even stuff like everclear, no matter what you read from some idiot's thread about how cool it is.

Nicotine doesn't get into the bloodstream as fast as smoke does, close but not quite, that is one reason you may see someone  who used to be a moderate or heavy smoker pulling and pulling on their e cig.  Another reason is that the nicotine content is lower than they are accustomed to from an analog, they are pulling to get that satisfying throat hit, or more smokelike vapor (if you make your own, you can fix all of that to fit your preferences)   Third reason is that you can vape just about anywhere and gives you something to do with your hands and mouth.  Fourth reason is that it simply tastes good.

Could I have your recommendation for a good electronic cigarette model, as well as your source for propelyne glycol/flavors?

Edited by Adaptogen, 09 April 2014 - 10:47 PM.

#118 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:05 PM

After extensive research ahavengle University, I switched from analog to electric cigarettes.  A few months later, I decided to start making my own e juice to make things more fun and cost effective.  This can be safer as you have morecontrol and more knowledge of what is going into your smoke juice, as well as mixing your own flavors and nicotine concentrations.

Nicotine doesn't get into the bloodstream as fast as smoke does, close but not quite, that is one reason you may see someone  who used to be a moderate or heavy smoker pulling and pulling on their e cig.  Another reason is that the nicotine content is lower than they are accustomed to from an analog, they are pulling to get that satisfying throat hit, or more smokelike vapor (if you make your own, you can fix all of that to fit your preferences)   Third reason is that you can vape just about anywhere and gives you something to do with your hands and mouth.  Fourth reason is that it simply tastes good.

Could I have your recommendation for a good electronic cigarette model, as well as your source for propelyne glycol/flavors?

I finally settled on the Joyetech Ego-C  type B with the Twist battery.  I want to try out the

new model but just haven't gotten around to it yet.  I got my hardware, nicotine liquid (I typically get 60mg per ml), PG and VG from My Freedom Smokes.  They seem to be one of the few who sell genuine Joyetech products (most vendors sell knock offs and only Joyetech's will be laser etched), and their customer service is pretty good.  I got the bulk of my flavors from DIY One Stop, primarily LorAnn's and the Flavor Apprentice brands, and Capella's direct from the company.

I did like a few other clearomizer type models like the Vivi Nova, and I still hang onto a few Joyetech 510 atomizers and drip tips for direct dripping, which is the best method to get full and pure flavor of your juice, and dripping is handy for testing new recipes

• like x 1

#119 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:22 PM

Now I am smoking 3mg ecig juice cut down from 6mg by mixincigarettill wcomparabtantly puff on the ecig I get ringing in my ears, I have the 0mg juice and can cut it down further, another problem I have is that every time I switch 100% to the ecig and start vaping constantly I get problems with my teeth, a few of my molars are fairly bad and need inlays crowns and root canals, I feel the teeth after just a day of vaping and about 6 months ago when I got back into vaping exclusively for about a week I ended up needing to get a root canal by the end of that week.

I have never heard of something like this before.

You may have a sensitivity to propelyne glycol (I do and can't vape more than 50% PG, I have to mix it with VG)  and/or you weren't drinking enough water, which you have to do when vaping.  Just think about meth mouth for a minute here.  Or it's possible there was something not awesome in your e juice, any fruity flavors?  Citric and malic acid or just plain lemon juice is often added to fruit flavors (in everything including food products) to preserve the flavor otherwise they would start ghosting away in a matter of days

Edit:  3mg, 6mg is REALLY low especially for a heavy smoker like you.   I know former heavy smokers who now vape some 20, 24mg.  If memory serve

s, the average cigarette contains about 18mg  of nicotine, and 16mg to 18mg/ml e juice is typically considered 'medium' strength.  I personally stay around 12 to 16mg, anything lower than 12mg and it feels like vaping nothing and I end up wanting to vape again and again and agin until I almost start feeling sick.  Y may have a better time of it with with 50% PG  50%  VG   @ 14mg / ml

Edited by Duchykins, 09 April 2014 - 11:32 PM.

#120 Phoenicis

• 339 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:29 AM

This is a sad and pathetic thread, especially since it's on Longecity. Smokers- Take a look in the mirror and recognize that only you have the power to nullify harm to yourself. Turn around and take the leap of faith - quit smoking cold turkey. It may feel like your jumping out of an airplane, but you're really just jumping off your bed. Wake up, learn about what your body will be going through during the first three weeks and prepare mentally. The turbulence in blood sugar and brain chemistry are temporary and will pass.

Nothing will nullify the harm that cigarettes do. Take it from someone who quit smoking cold turkey ;)

• dislike x 3
  • like x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tobacco, carbon monoxide, carcinogens, lungs, nicotine, mucus elimination

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users