• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Moderate topics and posts that recommend or encourage the use of drugs.

suggestion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

There are too many unqualified people giving out suggestions to people on taking various drugs and substances. I see this as a potential liability for this forum and goes against in some way the purpose of the forum. There are topics about using scheduled drugs or Rx drugs to treat various disorders. I believe that this simple nonchalant "advice" can and will cause serious and irreparable harm to a person who follows through with it.

I hope the administrators and founders of this forum take the matter seriously and moderate topics where unqualified individuals give "advice" on what to take in order to get rid of depression or anxiety, et cetera. I would not like to curb anyone's freedom of expression and I'm sorry if you feel my suggestion gave you that impression; it is not. Thank you for this forum.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#2 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

Thanks for your concern. Our Bylaws (User agreement) make it unequivocally clear that and exchanges on the forums and 'advice' given are not endorsed by LongeCity in any way. Moderating such content based on safety and quality might risk putting us in precisely the situation of assuming liability. If you find posts irresponsible or foolish you can signal this by voting them down, or leave a comment to that effect.

#3 Reformed-Redan

• Topic Starter
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

Thanks. I must have memory lapses. Heh :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: suggestion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users