C60 and depression.

resensitize dopamine pea nmda agonist

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 anagram

• 339 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

Hello.

I have been using c60 for a few months now, and I have noticed several things that are a bit strange.
When I take a very small dose of c60, I feel as if I have taken a "large" dose of methylene blue, I get sort of restless. I have also noticed that I feel sort of light melancholy feeling after taking c60, although there are moments where I feel good, most of my time is spent without what I consider "happiness", but rather me thinking of things almost non stop, without any rewarding feeling. I honestly have no problem with c60's feeling, If I have exaggerated my symptoms in anyway, what I am feeling is not depression, just something getting very close. I should mention that when I take c60 in very low dose it also does something to me physically. My veins feel very slightly different after taking c60, my chest feels mildly congested, and I have experienced several nose bleeds that have occurred fairly close to my c60 dose. I have seen a study saying that fullerenes are bad for endothelial cells, is there any connection between my feelings and the negative(if any) impact c60 has on vascular growth and health?

- I should add that methylene blue is a dopamine antagonist, it's part of the family of anti psychotics that are based off of the Phenothiazine structure. I know that Selegiline and methylene blue both re sensitize dopamine receptors to some extent, and this effect may be related to they're un equivalent effect on cognition. I was wondering if c60's astoundingly positive effect on amyloid-B toxicity and apoptosis, has anything to do with dopamine re-sensitization by D-antagonism?
  • like x 1

#2 GVA

• 56 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Interestingly, but similar effects of influence HyFn on a psychological condition are known, but it is possible to assimilate them more to "philosophical calm", but not some "depression" condition. And expressiveness of similar effects, as it is thought, depend on type of nervous system: for sanguine persons such effects are stronger than for choleric persons.
SMIE

Edited by GVA, 08 February 2013 - 06:03 PM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Be interested to know if there are any general depression-related issues to c60 usage. I have never experienced depression myself but my wife has before ever taking c60 and I'd be interested to know if c60 might be working against her.

Howard

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Be interested to know if there are any general depression-related issues to c60 usage. I have never experienced depression myself but my wife has before ever taking c60 and I'd be interested to know if c60 might be working against her.

For most people, I doubt it. It's conceivable that you'd see some positive effects if the depression was related to ME/CFS/FMS, Alzheimer's or Parkinson's. Aside from that, I'm not aware of any mechanistic reason for c60 to be pro- or anti-depressant. I don't think that I've seen any believable reports to either effect.
  • like x 2

#5 anagram

• Topic Starter
  • 339 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

I am not saying that I have experienced depression, just something close to it. For instance, I don't feel as good after I exercise because c60 seems to block the endorphine rush you get after working out.

:(

C60 has been shown to increases serotonin/dopamine turnover in several parts of the brain, so that is possibly related.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19049160

considering how c60 has made me feel, I am strongly considering Selegiline as an adjacent supplement to take with c60. Its not fun when your supplements make you feel down... :mellow:

Edited by anagram, 10 February 2013 - 11:53 PM.

#6 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

I am not saying that I have experienced depression, just something close to it. For instance, I don't feel as good after I exercise because c60 seems to block the endorphine rush you get after working out.

C60 has been shown to increases serotonin/dopamine turnover in several parts of the brain, so that is possibly related.

considering how c60 has made me feel, I am strongly considering Selegiline as an adjacent supplement to take with c60. Its not fun when your supplements make you feel down... :mellow:

I and others have also noticed the suppression of endorphins (or whatever it is) after exercise. Everyone agrees that this sucks as a side effect. OTOH, I also don't feel as bad if I don't exercise.

In that paper, they saw most of the effect when they injected fairly large (0.25mg/kg) doses directly into the rat's brain, but most of it didn't happen from the same dose injected i.p. They describe the compound as "C60", but don't say how it was solublized or formulated. It's hard to say if this is going to relate at all to c60-oo taken orally in reasonable doses. I suspect that there's not going to be a neurotransmitter effect from that.

If c60 makes you feel down, you at least have the option of not taking it. It might take quite a while for any effects to wear off.

#7 anagram

• Topic Starter
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

I think to fix the problem, I will have to take c60 less frequently. BTW Niner sorry about earlier, the root of my problem is stress and I am fixing that with stuff now.

#8 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Thanks, guys. I didn't think c60/oo would have any negative mood effects , especially since oils alone are generally positive in effect. And we're now taking it once every 2 weeks.

Howard
  • dislike x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#9 anagram

• Topic Starter
  • 339 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Thanks, guys. I didn't think c60/oo would have any negative mood effects , especially since oils alone are generally positive in effect. And we're now taking it once every 2 weeks.

Howard

Olive oil definitely has some MAO inhibiting properties, I agree. The olive oil alone in my C60-oo makes me feel much more capable and ready to complete arduous tasks. Unfortunately, olive oil will not inhibit MAO for as long as the c60 stays in your system, so I will feel great after taking c60-oo because of the oo, but soon I feel like Sh*t because I don't drink oo on a regular schedule.

I also have to use higher and higher amounts of oo to get any good feeling at all, I feel a like a fiend.

#10 GVA

• 56 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

I and others have also noticed the suppression of endorphins (or whatever it is) after exercise. Everyone agrees that this sucks as a side effect. OTOH, I also don't feel as bad if I don't exercise.

In that paper, they saw most of the effect when they injected fairly large (0.25mg/kg) doses directly into the rat's brain, but most of it didn't happen from the same dose injected i.p. They describe the compound as "C60", but don't say how it was solublized or formulated. It's hard to say if this is going to relate at all to c60-oo taken orally in reasonable doses. I suspect that there's not going to be a neurotransmitter effect from that.

If c60 makes you feel down, you at least have the option of not taking it. It might take quite a while for any effects to wear off.

FIY^
As for how C60HyFn is capable to influence level neurotransmitters in brain of animals it is possible to look in our report for 195-th ECS Meeting in 1999 (attached file "C60FWS as prototypes of the new class of pharmaceuticals.pdf"), in which it is presented the facts that directly connected with experimental data (but still not published) which we show partially on slide #114 ofour presentation on http://www.ipacom.com/index.php/en/publications-about-c60hyfn/92 .
In addition to it, the interesting observations (expertises) of our Belgian friend, Gery P., you will see below.
=================================
Dear GVA,

I already did some initial experiments with the HyFn concentration you gave me.
(1) On December 13th, 2008 we diluted the 2.5 ml HyFn concentration (0.04 mg/l) you gave me in 200 ml of ultra-pure water and shaked it 1000x. C60 Concentration was then 5 x10{-3} mg/ml. We let it rest (dark & 4°C) for 1 week.

(2) On December 21th, 2008 we made several bottles (200 ml of ultra-pure water) in which we added 1 ml of the above concenration. We also shaked each bottle 1000x. C60 Concentration of each bottle is now 2.5 x10{-6} mg/ml.

(3) With the 2.5 x10{-6} mg/ml concentration we did several tests:

:: Drinking Water (6 people)
We added several spoons of this concentration to drinking water -and
waited for 3 days.
We had 6 people drinking this water (including me).
Each one of us had after +/- 10 min a "light" feeling in the head (dizzy).
This feeling lasted for +/- 12 hours.

:: Wine (5 people)
We divided a bottle of red wine in 2 glasses. In one of the glasses I added 1 drop on the concentration; in the other glass I added nothing.
The 1 drop immediately changed the odour and taste of the wine.
It was a "blind" test (the people did not know in which glass the wine was added) but they all preferred the C60 wine.
We also did the same tests with white wine; here the difference in taste/odour was less obvious.

:: Water (4 people)
We asked several people to drink 3 teaspoons/day of this water.
All people reported the following symptoms after 3 days: no appetite (also: not for alcochol), tired, good sleep & vivid dreams.

I don't know how to above symptoms correspond with your earlier experiments, and what possible explanation you might have.
The concentration I am currently using (2.5 x10{-6} mg/ml) is already homeopathic? Till what concentration you still had effects?

Gery
==================================
These observations are somehow or other connected with C60HyFn effects on psycho-physiological reactions of an organism. In this case it’s important that C60 molecule, in accordance with its spatial (geometrical) structure, has nothing in common with all known molecules of neurotransmitters.
In addition to it, for 25 years of “pristine” molecules(!) of C60 fullerene research, both specific receptors of nervous system, and specific antibodies to Ñ60 it is not found, which would be produced in an organism as reply to its administration.
Also it is necessary to look more attentively our "anti-alcoholic" article (http://dx.doi.org/10...tox.2008.01.005) in which some interestingaspects are considered about how Nanostructures of hydrated C60 fullerene (C60HyFn) protect rat brain against alcohol impact and attenuate behavioural impairments of alcoholized animals.
There are rather interesting facts there which testifythat C60HyFn using normalizes the psycho-physical state that has been negatively changed under influence of sterssfull factors and intoxication by alcohol and its main decomposition product - acetaldehyde.

Naturally, all positive there is directly connected with exclusive hepatoprotective properties of C60HyFn. Here again the conclusion is simple: helping for liver to struggle both with endogenous and exogenetic toxicants (oxidants and pro-oxidants), we ipso facto, expressly or by implication, help to protect our brain from penetration into it similar toxicants and which, after, stimulate a various sort of dysfunction in brain, disturbance of a psycho-physical state (= distress), depressions, etc.

In this sense, comparing the action of C60HyFn with C60_OO (in the form of certain adducts of fatty acids with C60, the presence of which in some significant quantities there I very much doubt), once again, there is a question to all, what is a real reason of biological activity of fullerene Ñ60?

Summarising everything discussed at this forum, I am convinced once again that the main reason to all is the super-small doses of C60HyFn, but not native C60 itself and not its some adducts with unsaturated lipids (explanations to it are prepared and will be given on a corresponding thread)!
SMIE

Attached Files

• like x 1

#11 anagram

• Topic Starter
  • 339 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

I feel like my imagination has been dulled by c60.

Edited by anagram, 14 February 2013 - 11:39 PM.

• dislike x 3
  • Well Written x 1
  • Informative x 1

#12 GVA

• 56 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

For most people, I doubt it. It's conceivable that you'd see some positive effects if the depression was related to ME/CFS/FMS, Alzheimer's or Parkinson's. Aside from that, I'm not aware of any mechanistic reason for c60 to be pro- or anti-depressant. I don't think that I've seen any believable reports to either effect.

FYI
On the following link you will find some interesting results about C60 and BBB.

http://dx.doi.org/10.1166/jnn.2008.414
Yamada T., et al. Effects intracerebral microinjection and intraperitoneal injection of [60]fullerene on brain functions differ in rats. (...results suggest that intracerebral injection of C60 had different effects on the central nervous system than intraperitoneal injection. In conclusion, it was suggested that fullerene did not cross the blood-brain barrier....). J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 8(8) (2008) 3973.

If after we have introduced C60 in GIT and it not capable to attain a brain, what in this reason that influences on nervous system? C60 or something another? But the presence of some sort of unsaturated fat acids and C60 adducts with them cannot be there.
SMIE

#13 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

Thanks, GVA. Here's the abstract:

Effects Intracerebral Microinjection and Intraperitoneal Injection of [60]Fullerene on Brain Functions Differ in Rats
Yamada, Takashi; Jung, Duk-Young; Sawada, Rumi; Matsuoka, Atsuko; Nakaoka, Ryusuke; Tsuchiya, Toshie
Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Volume 8, Number 8, August 2008 , pp. 3973-3980(8)

Fullerenes are condensed ring aromatic compounds with extended π systems and unique cage structures. Fullerenes are used for medical devices such as carbon nanotubes because they are very flexible and suitable for drug delivery systems. Recently, fullerene derivatives and tube-shaped materials have been used for neuroregeneration studies, and we expect that fullerenes and carbon nanotubes have potential uses as materials in novel medical devices targeting the brain. However, little information on the effects of fullerenes on brain function is available; thus, we examined the effects of [60]fullerene (C60) on the central nervous system in this study. In a V79 cell colony Asia, the IC50 of C60 was 1620 μg/ml. In an in vivo study, 0.25 mg/kg B.W. of C60 was injected into the lateral brain ventricle or abdominal cavity of rats. The intracerebral injection of C60 increased the locomotor behavior of the rats on days 1 and 30 after the injection. The intraperitoneal injection of C60 did not change the locomotor behavior of rats acutely, but it was decreased on day 30. The intracerebral injection of C60 affected monoamine concentrations in the rat brain. In particular, serotonin turnover rates were increased in the hypothalamus, cerebral cortex, striatum, and hippocampus, and dopamine turnover rates were increased in the hypothalamus, cerebral cortex, and striatum. The intraperitoneal injection of C60 decreased only the dopamine turnover rate in the hippocampus. These results suggest that intracerebral injection of C60 had different effects on the central nervous system than intraperitoneal injection. In conclusion, it was suggested that fullerene did not cross the blood-brain barrier. The intracerebral injection of C60 affected neurotransmission in the brain widely, and the monoamine dysbolism might be related to changes in locomotor activity.

I've highlighted two of the results that suggest CNS effects from systemic C60. It may be the case that these are simply experimental artifacts, or that in the i.p. case, c60 is acting through some sort of second messenger, and not actually getting into the brain. On the other hand, maybe it does cross the BBB, and we're just looking at differences in dose. It's not clear what form of C60 was used here, but in the case of a fatty acid adduct, there's also the possibility of the compound being actively transported across the BBB via one of the organic anion transporters. (I don't know what size restrictions may apply there.)

Edited by niner, 19 February 2013 - 01:53 AM.

#14 GVA

• 56 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

I've highlighted two of the results that suggest CNS effects from systemic C60. It may be the case that these are simply experimental artifacts, or that in the i.p. case, c60 is acting through some sort of second messenger, and not actually getting into the brain. On the other hand, maybe it does cross the BBB, and we're just looking at differences in dose. It's not clear what form of C60 was used here, but in the case of a fatty acid adduct, there's also the possibility of the compound being actively transported across the BBB via one of the organic anion transporters. (I don't know what size restrictions may apply there.)

They used 'solution C60 (5 % C60, 2 % non-ionicdetergent Tween 80 and 93 % sterile water)' which is in fact a colloidal suspension of “nÑ60+detergent” micelles in water.

#15 anagram

• Topic Starter
  • 339 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

BTW, C60 raised my acetyl choline levels through the roof! I had such a low level of dopamine as a response to c60 that i actually was beginning to feel like I had Parkinsons, I was exhibiting the symptoms a lot..
I had to take some Parkinsons medication in order to get my dopamine back to normal, I feel normal now, Selegiline should not make you feel normal.
-Perhaps c60 drops the level of dopamine which in turn lowers the level of toxic metabolites(aldehyde) which lowers a significant amount of oxidative stress?
In any case, I am going to dose my c60 much less now.
  • dislike x 3

#16 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

They used 'solution C60 (5 % C60, 2 % non-ionicdetergent Tween 80 and 93 % sterile water)' which is in fact a colloidal suspension of “nÑ60+detergent” micelles in water.

I think their observation makes sense because it appears they dissolved the c60 into water... one of SV's posts indicate that to cross the BBB, a molecule must be both small enough and dissolved into an oil. This observation also suggests to me that hydrated c60 adducts probably don't spontaneously reform into lipid adducts inside the body when they encounter fats.

Howard

#17 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

I feel like my imagination has been dulled by c60.

You have been mixing C60 with all sorts of things, right? How do you know you aren't creating weird adducts?

#18 anagram

• Topic Starter
  • 339 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

I was creating weird chem adducts with c60. I stopped doing that and now I only occasionally take pure c60 in olive oil with nothing else added. I notice that a few minutes after taking it, I feel very sick, my mind feels "dull". But then, a few minutes later, I feel happier than normal. It's as if the c60 is changing my dopamine production, or binding to dopamine receptors and blocking the effect of dopamine or some important neurotransmitter... it ain't good in high doses that is for sure. Now I only take one small drop of c60 and the "depression" goes away in minutes rather than days. I have also noticed a very very strong numbing sensation, c60 is very good for headaches because of this phenomenon. The only downside is that I get a bit of pain in my arms and legs. It is definitely not good at a higher dose, I would never recommend that to anyone. I strongly believe it has something to do with Adenosine receptors because I feel like I am asleep, except I am actually awake, and I get very little real sleep after taking c60.

-C60 is a potent scavenger of methyl radicals, and I think it has the ability to reduce or enhance the activity of many different types of receptors in the body.

Edited by anagram, 21 February 2013 - 09:46 PM.

• dislike x 3
  • Informative x 1

#19 YOLF

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

I seem to remember someone else having severe side effects while taking Methyline Blue and C60. If memory serves, he was an older guy in 50s I think. He seemed to be developing precancerous conditions such as developing freckles at his age. I strongly recommend stopping the MB. It's not a healthy supplement, it's more like a street drug that comes with consequences like methamphetamine. No improvement is worth the cost of one's health. Especially an immortal's health. I can't urge you strongly enough. Come off both the MB and C60 until C60 no longer interacts with any MB or MB metabolites that may be hanging around. C60 has caused relapses of drug side effects where the drug or it's metabolites have persisted. I would not take C60 with any synthetics what so ever. I feel you are in a dangerous situation and are taking a bad combination. You are the second person to have serious side effects with MB and C60, where no one in the C60 and no MB have had such side effects TMK.
  • dislike x 2
  • like x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#20 YOLF

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

Here's a link the guy reporting side effects while also using Methylene Blue:

http://www.longecity...0761-clarksims/

#21 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

I don't see any interaction of MB with C60 from your link, cryon. And the "side effects" seem to be only from use "as a facial and hair cream also. It seems to give me freckles, and make me a little more tan." It is you who are jumping on freckles as some precancerous condition. And who is the other person who experienced "serious side effects with MB and C60"? You don't mean anagram, do you? Because I don't get that from what he says above. In his opening post, he was using the effects of MB as an analogy.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 22 February 2013 - 12:35 PM.

• like x 2

#22 YOLF

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Ok, I didn't realize he wasn't taking the MB. But having freckles increases the likely hood of getting cancer. Now that I look at the thread I may have commented on another thread where Clark has mentioned some negative effect.

In any case, I don't think the benefits of MB outweigh the potential side effects and certainly wouldn't mix it with C60. I'm also not aware of anyone else having nosebleeds due to C60 which is making me think there is a risk involved with either MB or MB and C60. But if he's not actually taking the MB....

Then again, there were reports that antibiotics in the same family as ciprofloxacin have side effects that are made worse or that return even months after using the drug when people take C60. So if persistent metabolites of toxic substances are of concern when taking C60, that would be another reason for me to see MB and C60 as a greater risk.

#23 anagram

• Topic Starter
  • 339 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

MB may seem like METH, however its attraction to the people of longecity is simply because it acts as a DOPAMINE antagonist which many people actually need.
I definitely would not want to mix MB with C60 or take MB at all because it binds to flavin dependent enzymes, who knows what that does? Anyway... C60 may have brought about some NMS from previous Nardil experience, I kept having muscle spasms when I was on C60. Another thing C60 has caused me is nose bleeds, typically a day after using the C60, its really novel actually. I am sure that my iron levels are lowered after taking c60 due to this phenomenon, neat stuff. The thing that is weirdest about c60, weirder than scary ass nosebleeds, is the fact that it causes nosebleeds a certain number of days after use, depending on dosage If I were to take 50mg, it would give me a nosebleed 5 days after I took it, and if I had taken 10mg I would get a nosebleed one day after.

-Some times I feel like I am in a SciFi movie, one with extremely low budget.
  • dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#24 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

Then again, there were reports that antibiotics in the same family as ciprofloxacin have side effects that are made worse or that return even months after using the drug when people take C60. So if persistent metabolites of toxic substances are of concern when taking C60, that would be another reason for me to see MB and C60 as a greater risk.

"reports" makes it sound like there was more than one report of this, which I doubt very much. Frankly, I have to question even one report of this, as it sounds rather unlikely. You really have to take random reports that you read here with a large grain of salt. Not to name any names, but some of our posters have frank mental illness and say a lot of things that, true or not, are unlikely to apply to most people, and are often simply wrong.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#25 YOLF

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

Yeah there was probably just one report that I've read. I guess I'm putting more weight on individual concerns due the smallish and uncontrolled data we are getting and leaning to err on the side of caution. I'm somewhat new to filtering test data.

"reports" makes it sound like there was more than one report of this, which I doubt very much. Frankly, I have to question even one report of this, as it sounds rather unlikely. You really have to take random reports that you read here with a large grain of salt. Not to name any names, but some of our posters have frank mental illness and say a lot of things that, true or not, are unlikely to apply to most people, and are often simply wrong.

#26 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

...The thing that is weirdest about c60, weirder than scary ass nosebleeds, is the fact that it causes nosebleeds a certain number of days after use, depending on dosage If I were to take 50mg, it would give me a nosebleed 5 days after I took it, and if I had taken 10mg I would get a nosebleed one day after.

-Some times I feel like I am in a SciFi movie, one with extremely low budget.

Now might be the time to do a blind test and eliminate the possibility this is all psychological.
  • like x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#27 cor71bauer@gmail.com

• 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 04:07 PM

anagram,

I just experimented with C60 (from live longer labs)and it definitely took me down towards depressive state, but the anxiety part of my depression/anxiety was way higher (worse). I took it for a few days and quit since I don't know much about c60.

#28 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:20 PM

Anagram disappeared from this site in 2013. He was reporting wild and colorful effects from a variety of substances, and even claimed he was hearing Russians talking in his head. His psychiatrist (and some here) suggested schizophrenia. He came back a year later under a different name and posted this on several threads--

I'm not taking any supplements or drugs anymore. I feel really terrible about all my posts because I was super manic when I made them.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 20 December 2017 - 05:30 PM.

#29 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:47 PM

I suspect that there's not going to be a neurotransmitter effect from that.

If there is no GABA receptor modification by C60

How do you explain the reports that I posted regarding the adaptogenic effect of C60 during benzo withdrawal,

as well as the 450% dose increase necessary to elicit the normal response from diazepam after an acute 45mg plus dose of C60

Edited by sensei, 20 December 2017 - 05:48 PM.

#30 RickyFitts76

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:21 AM

I haven't used c60 in a while now. It started out lifting my energy and mood and eventually did the exact opposite.  Very curious about why c60 went from such a postive to negative response within my body over time. I have been researching other sod2 mimics as i do have that gene SNP. Please forgive my mistakes in correct labels or anything else when i'm trying to explain things. I have a brain injury from anti depressants as well as chronic fatigue and brain fog. I do ok if i'm typing my thoughts out but i will probably be way off a lot while using this forum. 

Anyway, i recall early on in my descend into chronic fatigue one of my tests saying my iron levels where really high. I remember thinking that was strange at the time as i didn't eat a lot of meat and even had a stint being vegan trying to see if that helped my fatigue. Fast forward 8yrs and after doing my23andme test one of the recommedations for something that came up was manganese supplementation. I started that sometime towards the end of 2017 maybe. Christmas day i begun  taking c60 and had a positive response straight away. Energy, mood, cognitve ability. This had happened before earlier in the year but after two or three days it started making me tired. Well this time, i took it daily for 8wks and had a great summer hear in australia. So much fun after being so

limited for so long due to my health. I also could drink beer like a sailor without consequences it seemed, which was totally new in my 41yrs. But after a while i started to not feel the same. Energy, mood etc faded and then after a couple weeks, even taking 1ml would have a very energy and mood zapping response. I was taking 5ml previously no probs. I would space out my use, increaseing each time by a further day. Eventually i got up to 2wks break and gave up. Was over the 3day consequences each time. But now thinking back, i recall i was supplementing with manganese during this time on c60 and leading up to it, and haven't any other time. I don't know how long exactly afterwards but it would have been no  more than 3wks from when i ran out of manganese, the c60 stopped giving positive results and became increasingly negative. 

I'm no scientist, have zero education, just a guy trying to work this shit out and have some quality of life. I know there's a relationship and interaction between iron and manganese in the body, and i know that the sod2 pathway has manganese as a key part of it. I don't understand it fully but i believe the superoxide is the metabolic waste from energy production in the mitochondria. I and a percentage of others who have the sod2 polymorphism snp have significant less ability to produce the enzyme to deal with this and other oxidive stresses. A domino effect of other issues can and does happen but won't list. So, c60 seems to be one of the few things that mimic the action and roll of this enzyme which felt amazing to me. I've searched online a lot this weekend for anything that might explain this hunch or suspicion to be possible and ive come across this one here.  http://www.jbc.org/c...4/34/22633.full

I can type pretty well, my injury doesn't affect that too much. But my working memory has been smashed so reading is a real strain. I was hoping someone who has a personal interest and shared similar experience with c60 could take a look at it and tell me what they think. Of course i'm hoping it might ultimately be the answer to this strange problem with c60 we're having, but also know good chance there isn't and apologies in advance if it's just a waste of time.

I know i can just start supplmenting with manganese again to know, but it's the weekend and i can only get it to me online which may take close to a week to arrive. Even longer to build up in my system. In meantime, can't hurt to rule out a theory.

cheers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resensitize, dopamine, pea, nmda, agonist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users