• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Experimenting with Metformin as a calorie restriction mimetic in healthy non-diabetics

metformin experiment cr mimetic

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:27 AM

*Reviving this old thread*

How are you guys (that use it off-label) doing on metformin on weight loss and gaining muscle mass?

I start experimenting with metformin tomorrow. I had to lose tons of KG's fat 6 years in a row due to the use of antipsychotics. Now my body 'refuses' to lose a gram of fat anymore. Age may also be factor nowadays (almost 33) but I've been told by my dietitian that your body may stop losing fat at some point no matter what you do, how much you diet or exercise. For over a year I'm on a strict diet, exercise a lot, eat healthy food, the fat just won't come off anymore. It's so damn frustrating that I'm willing to try this interesting drug.

#32 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

Do you have results for testosterone, TSH, and fasting insulin?
  • Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

Do you have results for testosterone, TSH, and fasting insulin?

No, and I'm unable to get that information, the only thing I can get tested on is my blood-sugar levels. I live in the Netherlands and it's not that simple as in the US to get a bloodtest and there's no way my doc or my pdoc would prescribe Metformin off-label to lose weight. Here you need a doctor's permission to get blood-tested. I'm prescribing myself the Metformin by the pharmacy, illegally :D (Well, my mom has diabetes 2, first I'm going to use some of her's Metformin to see how I react to it (by observing if I get noticeable side-effects). If it's all OK I'm writing myself a Metformin prescription). Sadly, I have no other choice than that.

#34 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:14 PM

To update my results, I lost 9lbs in the month i started taking 2000mg. less hungry, less tired, and functioning a bit better over all. The results are subtle, but the scale doesn't lie.

BTW, metformin can be ordered without prescription from one if the online overseas pharmacies.

Edited by jack black, 05 March 2017 - 04:16 PM.

• like x 1

#35 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:50 PM

To update my results, I lost 9lbs in the month i started taking 2000mg. less hungry, less tired, and functioning a bit better over all. The results are subtle, but the scale doesn't lie.

BTW, metformin can be ordered without prescription from one if the online overseas pharmacies.

That's good to hear. Do you diet or exercise? I'm on 1000mg, see if it gonna change something.

#36 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:53 PM

No major changes, but metformin made it easier to adhere to the plan.
I only noticed a difference when I increased dose from 1000 to 1500 mg.

#37 qpp

• 8 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:56 PM

Hopefully not off-topic, I found this http://sigmanutrition.com/episode169/ Chad Macias – " Cancer Metabolism & Caution Over Ketogenic Diet/Ketones" on cancer metabolism extremely interesting. Certainly made me rethink the claimed benfits and mechanisms of IF.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#38 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:38 PM

Hopefully not off-topic, I found this http://sigmanutrition.com/episode169/ Chad Macias – " Cancer Metabolism & Caution Over Ketogenic Diet/Ketones" on cancer metabolism extremely interesting. Certainly made me rethink the claimed benfits and mechanisms of IF.

That pod episode is damning. That Chad character didn't hold back. All guns blazing—bang bang—at the methodology used by Dominic D'agostino et al.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: metformin, experiment, cr mimetic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users