* * * * - 11 votes

Sunifiram?

sunifiram

• Please log in to reply
1565 replies to this topic

#751 gnappi

• 112 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Thanks. Got my first shipment in this morning and took about 5 mg about an hour ago. Dont feel anything yet though.

Do some physical activity, preferably aerobic. Worked well for me ;^))

#752 Heh

• Validating/Suspended
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

Any non-responders (to other racetams) responding to this?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#753 andrea23

• 82 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

Could be possible to prepare a "Liquid sunifiram", does it decompose for long times in water?

100mg (solute): 100000mg (100 gr water) = 5mg (solute) : x mg (water)

5 gr of water on the scale will be 5 gr of sunifiram, adding 100gr of water, 10gr of water will be 10 gr of sunifiram, is this exact?

#754 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

I've put some in water to take over several days. Effects were just as strong the last day as the first. Not sure about longer term.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

#755 gnappi

• 112 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

I just got back from my afternoon bike ride and the effects of the morning dose still persist! I did not take a second dose, I wondered how long it would last only one dose and my performance has remained. I run 21km in 45 minutes with my bike and when I finish I'm usually pretty tired, but today I did not get tired. Placebo effect?

#756 andrea23

• 82 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

is safe and accurate eyeball sunifiram?

#757 brendan1

• Topic Starter
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

Ok I'm irritated. Noticed no effect at all from first dose. Took about 5 mg according to the scoop that came with the order but its even smaller than the one that came with my noopept and the noopept is dosed in micrograms not milligrams. Does that make sense?

#758 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

Noopept is half as potent as Sunifiram.

Get a 1mg digital scale.

5mg is too tiny a dose, take 25mg.
  • dislike x 1

#759 brendan1

• Topic Starter
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

Thanks. Got the scale just haven't used it yet. Will tomorrow.

#760 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

Ok I'm irritated. Noticed no effect at all from first dose. Took about 5 mg according to the scoop that came with the order but its even smaller than the one that came with my noopept and the noopept is dosed in micrograms not milligrams. Does that make sense?

noopept is dosed in milligrams, like sunifiram. not many nootropics(or drugs in general) are dosed in micrograms btw... I guess one nootropic example would be huperzine A, but not many others.

[1000micrograms = 1milligram]

also I agree if you want to feel it then you may have to dose more close to 20-30mg, but I'm sure 5mg is probably still doing something.

and not directed at you, but in general I'd say I hate these scoop things because I feel like everyone should have a scale(they're cheap!) and not rely on "scoops," but then I realize it's probably better than people eyeballing the stuff.

#761 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

Scoops are valuable to scoop Sunifiram onto the scale.

I was using the eye end of a needle before I received my free microscoop in the second Sunifiram batch from New Star Nootropics.

The scoop works much better.
  • like x 1

#762 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

oh true, true

#763 brendan1

• Topic Starter
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

Ok good suggestions, thanks... Hard to get the powder from the bowl into the capsule so decided best way was to put the bowl and an empty capsule on the scale, zero it out, and then scooop it into a capsule and weigh the capsule to get to the desired amount.

Edited by brendan1, 11 May 2013 - 10:55 PM.

#764 brendan1

• Topic Starter
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

Get a 1mg digital scale.

Ok, took 25 mg today perfectly measured out by Gemini scale and 2 hours later and zero effects whatsoever. Does this this mean a) I'm a non-responder b) the cumulative effect has to build up or c) I need a higher dose?

Thanks!
  • dislike x 1

#765 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

Sunifiram is very strange to me. My first trial I took for about 2 weeks. The first week I was pretty much high off it and in the best mood ever for the first 5 days then it died down a bit but could still feel the effects.. I decided to take a few weeks off due to lack of sleep. I then got off track and ended up using phenibut for a few weeks. A few of those days I also used adderall. I decided to give sunifiram another go with little to no effect. I'm wondering if I screwed up my Dopamine levels by using phenibut and adderall. It is the only reason I can think of that I'm not responding to the suni the way I did the first time.

#766 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

take it with coffee/tea? the (visual) effects don't really pop out unless I'm outside. Listen to music see if it's deeper in detail/depth? Take a walk/bike. etc.

it's like if you put a better engine in your car or something, it's not just going to look nicer, you have to drive the car to notice the difference.

if none of that makes you feel it then i'd go with option B. personally I don't know how there can be non-responders to sunifiram when it has such a strong effect in multiple areas, it's just my opinion but I feel like most non-responders to things just aren't noticing the effects because theyre used to things being very very obvious and aren't paying attention to detail which is when the effects become obvious to me.

of course getting no conscious effects is possible, I just don't get it.
  • like x 1

#767 brendan1

• Topic Starter
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

Get a 1mg digital scale.

Ok, took 25 mg today perfectly measured out by Gemini scale and 2 hours later and zero effects whatsoever. Does this this mean a) I'm a non-responder b) the cumulative effect has to build up or c) I need a higher dose?

Thanks!

Another 25 mg and still absolutely nothing. Quite disappointing.
  • like x 1

#768 gnappi

• 112 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

Get a 1mg digital scale.

Thanks!

Another 25 mg and still absolutely nothing. Quite disappointing.

Too bad that Suni does not work for you. I took 5mg today before lunch and my brain was turbocharged! Reasoning extremely fast and speaking at the same speed! It reminds me of the movie "Limitless". :^)) I realized that both times I took the sunifiram my glucose was low, ie, before lunch and during physical activity. Perhaps the low glucose potentiates the effects...
  • like x 1

#769 brendan1

• Topic Starter
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

Glad it's working for you. I hope to eventually find something that works similarly. I can't imagine I got a bad batch as I ordered from newstar, the same as most everybody else but who knows.

#770 gnappi

• 112 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

Glad it's working for you. I hope to eventually find something that works similarly. I can't imagine I got a bad batch as I ordered from newstar, the same as most everybody else but who knows.

I bought the suni from vantage: www.vantage.cc

#771 Kaid

• 6 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

Well I feel as though I should chime in seeing as how I've been ingestigating with Dm-235 sunifiram for a while now.

I don't have time to go over everything and to be honest did a pretty poor job documenting me experience but alas ...

I've dosed up to 500mg in a single dose (all at once) . That was interesting bordering on psychedelic definite on drugs feeling not exactly good or bad. I don't recomend following my example it's just somthing I had to try. I even planned on going up to a gram but well. Also for the record I've taken a gram of noopept just to see what happens.

My most common use hase been 100mg in a 8oz pom juice bottle that has two bulbs so eyeballing 25,50 mg doses is easy and I take it as needed usually 4 25mg doeses spaced during the work day.

I took only 5 mg as a trial and felt pretty strong effects as decribed in this thread color,line effect,music enhance. similar but different than racetams.

The biggest downsides are ; short duration of acute effects 1-3 hours and subsequent crash meaning if I'm working I need to keep dosing to prevent this, irritability, the whole this is a unknown rc what the hell is it doing to me (think back to the nzt burnout girl from limitless) even when I'm enjoying the effects, somewhat addictive in that I find my self using it more and more.

I seem to have noticed the thermogenic quality but not consistently.

For me dosing to late may interupt sleep

Oh fooy I wanted to give you all a more thorough and articulate synopsis but it's getting late and there's to much to really organize my thoughts in this post. I've been combining way too many supps latly with far to little notes. I want to share everything from the start but that's another thread.

The question I pose to myself and everyone here is do we quit altogether or keep barreling down the coal mine canary path ? Maybe come out ahead ?
  • like x 1

#772 Betterself

• 41 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

My Newstar Suni came in yesterday and it seems to be good. I took 5mg sublingually.I was half way through a long day but it put me in a better mood with more energy. I may take again today to see if it was just placebo.I also take L theanine 200mg X 3 daily and Piracetam 800mg 3 X daily for the last 3 weeks. I was taking the same amount of Piracetam six years ago but don't know why I stopped now.I did not do a washout

#773 Betterself

• 41 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

Do you recommend putting Suni in water or is it okay under the tongue?

#774 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

It's best to take it by swallowing because sublingual means faster absorption.

The desire with nootropics is to keep a steady blood concentration.

Both fast absorption and fast elimination are enemies of a steady blood concentration.

Fast input methods such as injection, insufflation, smoking, snorting and sublingual create fast up-down concentration-time curves and are thus undesireable.

Just eat it.
  • like x 1

#775 peakplasma

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

You might want to be cautious about sublingual use since research on bio-availability is not available but since you are taking only 5mg that is a bit safer.

Regarding the former, It seems readily soluble in water so that should be fine.

Edited by peakplasma, 14 May 2013 - 10:27 PM.

#776 Betterself

• 41 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

You might want to be cautious about sublingual use since research on bio-availability is not available but since you are taking only 5mg that is a bit safer.

Regarding the former, It seems readily soluble in water so that should be fine.

It's best to take it by swallowing because sublingual means faster absorption.

The desire with nootropics is to keep a steady blood concentration.

Both fast absorption and fast elimination are enemies of a steady blood concentration.

Fast input methods such as injection, insufflation, smoking, snorting and sublingual create fast up-down concentration-time curves and are thus undesireable.

Just eat it.

Thank you both!

I will try orally then next time. Will keep you posted.

#777 Betterself

• 41 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

Well before I read that I should just swallow the Suni I had just dosed yesterday for the third time (5mg X 3) under the tongue and didn't really notice anything.
The first time I took it I had taken aspirin for the first time in a couple of decades so maybe that is what I felt. I stopped taking ibuprofen because I think it was making me a little manic. I read somwhere years ago that it raises lithium levels but I don't have any Idea if that is true.
I will probably just stick with theanine, priracetam, and occasionally phenylpiracetam. Though I would like to try coluracetam sometime.
Thanks for your help.
  • dislike x 1

#778 paul

• 81 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

I still can't work sunifiram out. When I first started taking i definitely felt amazing results. I think when your brain feels anything different it starts pumping out a load of happy neurotransmitters on its own accord making thing difficult to evaluate. Anyway this feeling has gone but I still feel a level of focus and stimulation at higher dosages. A good cognitive stimulator would produce the cognition without you even noticing it so I still believe in it. I went 3 days without taking it over the weekend and did not notice a withdrawal and have safely combined it with other nootropics. I think in combination with nefiracetam and cdp choline it works best. Time will tell if this is a better race tam then nefiracetam, it is my number two at the moment purely because I feel safer taking nefiracetam as it has been tested in humans. Cerebrolysin is still in a league of its own if you can afford it. II think finding a Chinese source is the key.

#779 gnappi

• 112 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

Well before I read that I should just swallow the Suni I had just dosed yesterday for the third time (5mg X 3) under the tongue and didn't really notice anything.
The first time I took it I had taken aspirin for the first time in a couple of decades so maybe that is what I felt. I stopped taking ibuprofen because I think it was making me a little manic. I read somwhere years ago that it raises lithium levels but I don't have any Idea if that is true.
I will probably just stick with theanine, priracetam, and occasionally phenylpiracetam. Though I would like to try coluracetam sometime.
Thanks for your help.

Your case with Ibuprofen is because it's a glutamate blocker in the brain.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#780 andrea23

• 82 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

I read somwhere years ago that it raises lithium levels but I don't have any Idea if that is true.

interact with lithium

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/3558329

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sunifiram

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users