sunifiram

• Please log in to reply
1565 replies to this topic

#841 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

i picked up one like this for about $10 http://www.ebay.ca/i...c6cc2569&_uhb=1

That one doesn't register small mg increments (i.e.you don't know if you have 3 or 6mg).

Edited by Megatrone, 24 May 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#842 Mr. Pink

• 226 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

i picked up one like this for about $10 http://www.ebay.ca/i...c6cc2569&_uhb=1

That one doesn't register small mg increments (i.e.you don't know if you have 3 or 6mg).

scales measure best in the middle of their range. I put a little cap on it and the empty scoop, which comes to 3.600gm, for example. I then use the scoop to scoop powder. It will then register even a 1mg increase to 3.601gm. It won't register an increase from 0.000 to 0.001 gm however.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#843 Suirsuss

• 49 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

Transitioning to new and better habits is a process that I'm currently working to complete. The night before last I made a terrible decision in staying up very late to study knowing I had to get up early. In the past I've done this without too much backlash, however, this is my first experience while using nootropics and the last two days have been a struggle.

There have been some reports of positive effects when sunifiram consumers sleep slightly less 5-6hours.
Mine is a report of fatigue and lack of focus with a meager ~2.5 hour segment of sleep. I would attribute the slow recovery to my study attempts for finals during the recovery process.

This is likely a symptom of my behavioral patterns combined with nootropics. I have trouble managing a consistently balanced lifestyle. With noots the main issue seems to be finding rest / feeling unstimulated by anything minimally challenging or with purely entertainment based activities. It is especially so for those things that exhibit both of these qualities e.g. a fast paced purely action movie and anything that is blatantly one dimensional.

welp theres my 1.5 weeks into suni update.

#844 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

Transitioning to new and better habits is a process that I'm currently working to complete. The night before last I made a terrible decision in staying up very late to study knowing I had to get up early. In the past I've done this without too much backlash, however, this is my first experience while using nootropics and the last two days have been a struggle.

There have been some reports of positive effects when sunifiram consumers sleep slightly less 5-6hours.
Mine is a report of fatigue and lack of focus with a meager ~2.5 hour segment of sleep. I would attribute the slow recovery to my study attempts for finals during the recovery process.

This is likely a symptom of my behavioral patterns combined with nootropics. I have trouble managing a consistently balanced lifestyle. With noots the main issue seems to be finding rest / feeling unstimulated by anything minimally challenging or with purely entertainment based activities. It is especially so for those things that exhibit both of these qualities e.g. a fast paced purely action movie and anything that is blatantly one dimensional.

welp theres my 1.5 weeks into suni update.

I think living and expectations (not work and education) put on you in general is pretty hard. Therefore, I live my life by routines, and I cannot understand impulsiveness and spontaneity.Before I do something, everything needs to be well planned.
  • like x 1

#845 Suirsuss

• 49 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

I think living and expectations (not work and education) put on you in general is pretty hard. Therefore, I live my life by routines, and I cannot understand impulsiveness and spontaneity.Before I do something, everything needs to be well planned.

People are soo different. When I try to plan things too much I find myself procrastinating or tossing the plans aside in order to pile on an impossible amount of goals. The few that suit me the most may get completed. Since I'm young some would suppose its partially a form solidifying the concept of self. Doubt it. The likely culprits are genetics, and being the youngest of 4 reared by a sometimes single mother.

I often envy those who confidently hike the beaten path with their maps handy and unscathed but, I simply cannot go that route for there are so many trees to climb and trails to blaze.

QUESTION: Can a post actually get off topic if the poster is using the substance in question?
  • like x 2

#846 Fabio Gomes

• 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

I think it can indeed since you are talking about things that are not related but only maybe influenced by the substance.

I got a gram of the sunifiram to try but im a bit afraid to do it, because of the coments of people saying since it is not human tested it can be toxic.
I'm currently on 4.8grams of piracetam daily, for 3 weeks and I didn't got any really noticeable effects but I think I feel something... Maybe placebo...
Did anyone not respond to piracetam and responded to sunifiram?

#847 middpanther88

• 185 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:02 AM

^ Me. Just try it; you already bought it.
  • like x 1

#848 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

Isochroma : I know you're amazed by these effects but the aim isn't being high but cognitive enhancement and I would like to know if in all these weeks of supplementation you have noticed a substantial increase in cognition or memory retention?
  • like x 3

#849 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

I have indeed noticed a massive increase in depth of thought and significantly improved memory far beyond what even Pramiracetam could deliver.

My newly-expanded capacity for logical thinking and intelligent action has allowed an unprecedented level of planning for my next project.

Thus today I have purchased another ten grams of Sunifiram and a hundred grams of Pramiracetam to be taken together.

The two synergize quite nicely and also provide an unbeatable enhancement to visual cortex processing, resulting in an unreal three-dimensionality of visualized scenes most noticeable when moving.

The anti-brain-fatigue property of Sunifiram continues to work perfectly for me: I went to bed last night at exactly 1:00a and woke up naturally well-rested at 6:30a. No alarm, sound or light awakes me so I sleep until my body decides that regeneration is complete; thus my sleep hours are purely reflective of actual requirements and not unnatural demands made upon me by the World.

In addition my afternoons are now fully-awake with zero sleepiness or slumps. Even the most powerful of racetams combined could not fully defeat that tiredness which regularly resulted in countless microsleeps and fadeouts.

Finally, it seems as if the light sleep and difficulty falling asleep have both resolved despite my resumption of full dosing right up to the moment of bed. I take 25mg Sunifiram along with the rest of my stack as my last action under dim red light right before sliding into bed.

Current dosing:

Sunifiram: 25mg x 6/day
Oxiracetam: 500mg x 6/day
Piracetam: 5g x 6/day

Piracetam is almost finished and due to be replaced with 250mg Pramiracetam.

Edited by Isochroma-Reborn, 25 May 2013 - 12:47 AM.

• like x 4
  • dislike x 1

#850 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

Regarding the newly-added Oxiracetam: visual color saturation increased by a small amount and centered on short wavelenths: blue in particular.

Furthermore, auditory processing improved only slightly or not at all with the addition of Oxiracetam.

I must therefore conclude that Sunifiram embodies nearly all of Oxiracetam's capacities in those areas.

Edited by Isochroma-Reborn, 25 May 2013 - 12:54 AM.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#851 Suirsuss

• 49 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

whew thats quite the load mang. Sounds like group buy would still be a good idea with those numbers.

#852 Geoffrey

• 218 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

Yesterday I added a very small amount of oxiracetam (maybe 30mg) on top of sunifiram 5-6mg bid, and I noticed an intensification of sunifiram's mental-clarity inducing effects. Oxiracetam on its own can make me feel irritable and sleepy even at the microdose mentioned, but with sunifiram I did not get that effect. I may try increasing oxiracetam co-administration to see if sunifiram can prevent the counterproductive side-effects of tinnitus and swollen/stuffy inner-ear I get from regular (larger) doses of oxi on its own. The wakefulness-promoting effects of sunifiram seem quite similar to (r-)modafinil.

#853 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

I've been taking sunifiram for 2 weeks, this is my first report.

Dosage: 20mg 2x/day (before breakfast and before lunch.)

Other stuff I take: Too much to mention, so that's why I haven't given a report of my experience. My results are highly contaminated by other substances, for instance about 8 different adaptogenic herbs and at least that many non-herbal nootropics.

Results so far:

- The first time I took sunifiram I experienced the mind-clarifying brilliance of it, although it wasn't what I'd call "enjoyable." It was mostly just interesting.

- Day 2 on sunifiram I still experienced the interesting mental clarity, 3D vision, and auditory enhancement that others have experienced. But it came at a price of feeling oddly dull... a contradiction!

- Day 3 I added 15mg noopept to each dose of sunifiram and this was very interesting because I wasn't getting my usual irritability and impatience with noopept; it's as if sunifiram takes care of noopept's side effects, while noopept contributed more alertness to the sunifiram. Nice combo for a few days but...

- After about 10 days I began to feel drowsy all day and nothing would cure except for stimulants such as DMAA and caffeine, but these would only wake me up for about an hour and then I'd crash again.

I work at home for a web-based company and I can work as much or as little as I want. Ever since I started taking sunifiram, I've lost motivation to work and my hours have dropped dramatically. I feel fine, not unhappy, but the problem is that I just don't give a phuq.

I haven't firmly concluded anything about sunifiram yet because of all the other things I take and I'm constantly playing around with various combinations and doses, but I decided to cut my suni dose in half for a while to see if that helps.

My best guess regarding the drowsiness is that I'm sleep-deprived. As many others have reported, sunifiram has had negative consequences on my sleep cycle and the problem has been getting worse over time. Last night I slept from 3AM to 6:30AM and couldn't go back to sleep. I can lie down all day and drift out of focus but not go to sleep, so napping doesn't work. Given that sleep is so crucial for mental, emotional, and physical health, I think it's likely that I'm an idiot for continuing to take sunifiram, and am merely staying on it as a way to prevent the cognitive dissonance of having purchased 10 grams of it. Anybody want to buy about 9 grams of sunifiram? :unsure:

Edited by deeptrance, 26 May 2013 - 08:55 PM.

#854 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

As many others have reported, sunifiram has had negative consequences on my sleep cycle and the problem has been getting worse over time. Last night I slept from 3AM to 6:30AM and couldn't go back to sleep. I can lie down all day and drift out of focus but not go to sleep, so napping doesn't work. Given that sleep is so crucial for mental, emotional, and physical health, I think it's likely that I'm an idiot for continuing to take sunifiram

have you considered that your dose may be way too high?

why not drop down to 5mg, taken once per day?

#855 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

When a drug starts by working fine but later stops working or decreases in activity - and that drug is a nootropic - my first conclusion is that necessary cofactors have been depleted.

Take B-Complex 100mg and at least 14g/day fish oil.

I have taken Sunifiram 25mg x 6/day for 1.5 months without any drop in effectiveness and my sleep has normalized.

The high doses of cofactors in my regime are likely responsible for this favorable response - one that has also occurred with all other racetams:

B-Complex: 100mg
Ascorbate: 8000mg
Fish Oil from canned whole wild Pacific salmon: 32g/day
Chromium Picolinate: 500mcg
Zinc Citrate: 50mg
Potassium Iodide: 5-10mg
Vitamin A (preformed retinol): 10,000IU
Vitamin D (preformed Cholecalciferol [D3]): 10,000IU

and even more important - the things I don't take:

Caffeine: 0mg: depleting stimulant
Alcohol: 0mg: neurotoxic liver and brain-destroyer

Edited by Isochroma-Reborn, 26 May 2013 - 09:11 PM.

#856 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

Thanks, blood, I'll definitely drop dose further (if needed) after I see what happens with the 10mg. The complicating factor is that I have this stupid habit of mixing things into a single powder, and my sunifiram is blended right now with uridine, CDP choline, and l-theanine. I also tend to pop supplements compulsively. The mind of an addict and a body that marches its orders. Better to compulsively dose noots than meth, I tell myself...

#857 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Nootropics are triggers not suppliers.

Without the fundamental nutrition and cofactors the brain will rapidly deplete its reserve pools of those factors and then fall into fatigue.

#858 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

Iso-Reb, thanks for your replies, I hadn't seen the first one because we were basically posting at the same time. I take all of the co-factors you do, though my doses for A and D are lower and I'm sure I get less fish oil from my 4 capsules (approx. 1.2 grams DHA total.) While your regimen works for you, I think I probably respond differently. I'll report back about what happens with lower doses of sunifiram. Your dosage is much too high for anyone else who has reported, and I don't think that can be entirely explained away as a lack of co-factors. I don't drink alcohol and I wasn't taking any caffeine or DMAA before I became lethargic during this past week.

Something I just now thought of is that I might have a pre-existing sleep disturbance issue which could have been exacerbated by suni. My shrink wants me to participate in a sleep study. In your case, sleeping fewer hours might be OK because you sleep well when you're out, whereas I might not be able to reduce my hours without enduring these consequences.

#859 Southern_Lights

• 21 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

I agree with deeptrance completely.

#860 dogshitwebsite

• 57 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

I agree with Isochroma completely
But do you really have to take at least 14g of fish oil a day, isn't the amount of omega-3 fats the important thing?
You can get the same amount of omega-3 fats from far lesser amount of fish oil if you get more purified supplements, like those 90% caps.
Also keep in mind to get as clean fish/caps as possible, if the caps haven't gone through enough purification/filtering, you might end up with heavymetal poisoning at the appropriate doses.

Also another thing to keep in mind is that although Isochroma is taking 25mg/6x day, the dosage is high and most definitely unnecessarily high for most of us.

#861 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Correct, you can get the required omega-3 oil from concentrated oils with fewer grams.

I'm cheap & poor so I eat 213g cans of Pacific Wild Salmon - two per day.

According to the label each can contains 16g fish oil.

As for sleep, wow!

I'm waking up at 5.5 hours but I can easily go back to sleep and reach 8 hours.

The dreams are stunningly real and my memory is working to a degree thought impossible mere months ago.

When I close my eyes during the day I get hyperrreal recall and visualization of images.

My memory has improved to the point where I am remembering everything, including the names of thousands of MP3 files - just looking at the file causes the music to start playing in my mind. It was a shocker so yesterday I assembled a new CD with 67 tracks (in ISO/Romeo file mode). It was enormously fun and a bit more to listen to those tracks and hear so much fresh new detail.

Somone turned the World on again for me. Something - Sunifiram.

#862 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

I've been doing a lot of research today on the role of glutamate in neurotransmission and various physiological and mental functions. What I've recognized is that I am hypersensitive to glutamate and anything that is glutamatergic. I had not put this together before...

Note: what follows might pertain to others on this forum who respond poorly to racetams and racerams

- I have a history of alcoholism; alcohol suppresses glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD) and is an NMDAR antagonist. NMDARs are glutamate receptors (along with AMPARs and one or 2 other receptor types). GAD inhibits glutamate. So one possible reason why people become alcoholic could be a self-medication solution to hyperactive glutamate receptor activity and/or excess extracellular glutamate. Further, chronic alcohol abuse, along with abuse or chronic use of any other NMDA antagonist, should up-regulate NMDARs, making the individual more sensitive to glutamergic substances and conditions.

- Since I started taking sunifiram, I have experienced a very significant increase in neuropathic pain. My muscles are sore and I'm more sensitive to all physical stimuli. I'm also more sensitive to sounds and bright light. All of these symptoms are likely connected to excitatory glutamate transmission (http://bja.oxfordjou...nt/87/1/12.full)

- I'm bipolar with emphasis on the depressive side, and the only medications that have worked for me are lamictal (a glutamate blocker) and gabapentin (which inhibits glutamate production.) I hadn't known about these mechanisms of the 2 medications until my research today. Now it all makes sense --- today I was experiencing the worst [suspected] sunifiram-related symptoms since I began taking it 2 weeks ago, in spite of reducing my dose by half. I thought about taking extra gabapentin after reading about its effect on glutamate, when I discovered I had missed my morning dose and it had been about 15 hours since I'd taken any - Aha! - so I popped a gabapentin and added some GABAergic phenibut, l-theanine, and picamilon, and within 2 hours I felt great.

In summary, I suggest that those who are prescribed NMDA antagonists or glutamate inhibitors, and anyone who is very fond of alcohol and other sedative-hypnotics (including but not limited to benzodiazepenes, ketamine, GHB, and phenibut), should PROCEED WITH CAUTION when testing positive allosteric modulators of glutamate receptors such as the ampakines which are so popular among nootropic enthusiasts.

It would be great to get some feedback on this post, providing your own data with respect to all the variables mentioned.

On behalf of the Dharma Initiative and the DeGroots,
Namaste and good luck
  • like x 3

#863 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

I've been doing a lot of research today on the role of glutamate in neurotransmission and various physiological and mental functions. What I've recognized is that I am hypersensitive to glutamate and anything that is glutamatergic.

Magnesium, especially magnesium threonate, alone should cancel out some of the excess excitation. Similarly, I expect that potassium, calcium, and low blood glucose will make the excitation stronger. Note that too much brain magnesium will be anti-LTP and pro-apoptosis of neurons; balance it well.

racerams

No such thing. How about the term ampakines?

Edited by Climactic, 27 May 2013 - 10:20 PM.

• like x 1

#864 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

Ooops, I forgot to put in my supplement list from my previous post:

Calcium Citrate: 250mg x 4/day
Magnesium Citrate/Oxide Mix: 250mg x 4/day

1:1 Ca:Mg ratio. Magnesium calms, relaxes and nourishes the brain.

Most people are deficient in Magnesium and take far too much Calcium.

Recent research indicates that a 1:1 ratio is more desireable than the older 'ideal' 2:1 ratio of Ca:Mg.
  • like x 1

#865 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

Thanks y'all. I'm going to stop sunifiram, let it wash out for a few days, then re-start at lower dosage and with all of the additional substances that will help ameliorate the negatives.

I've been taking 300mg each of Ca and Mg citrate only before bedtime but I will add it too breakfast and lunch now.

One more note to add to my previous post --- since taking the gabapentin (300mg), phenibut (500mg), picamilon (50mg) and l-theanine (200mg), my energy level has soared. I had been unable to wake up and function, I was in pain, I felt miserable and anxious and drowsy. Now I'm highly energized, motivated, pain-free, and the muscle tension has released. Amazing, but it makes sense because excess glutamate activity has been implicated in chronic fatigue as well as neuropathic pain. http://www.cortjohns...y-series-pt-ii/
  • like x 1

#866 alecnevsky

• 344 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

I've been doing a lot of research today on the role of glutamate in neurotransmission and various physiological and mental functions. What I've recognized is that I am hypersensitive to glutamate and anything that is glutamatergic.

Magnesium, especially magnesium threonate, alone should cancel out some of the excess excitation. Similarly, I expect that potassium, calcium, and low blood glucose will make the excitation stronger. Note that too much brain magnesium will be anti-LTP and pro-apoptosis of neurons; balance it well.

racerams

No such thing. How about the term ampakines?

Interesting stuff. Could your reference too much magnesium on LTP claim? I am taking 1g a day of orotate but I am also VLC so I may need less or more--I don't know. I do not have my electrolytes figured out yet.

#867 alecnevsky

• 344 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:07 AM

Correct, you can get the required omega-3 oil from concentrated oils with fewer grams.

I'm cheap & poor so I eat 213g cans of Pacific Wild Salmon - two per day.

According to the label each can contains 16g fish oil.

As for sleep, wow!

I'm waking up at 5.5 hours but I can easily go back to sleep and reach 8 hours.

The dreams are stunningly real and my memory is working to a degree thought impossible mere months ago.

When I close my eyes during the day I get hyperrreal recall and visualization of images.

My memory has improved to the point where I am remembering everything, including the names of thousands of MP3 files - just looking at the file causes the music to start playing in my mind. It was a shocker so yesterday I assembled a new CD with 67 tracks (in ISO/Romeo file mode). It was enormously fun and a bit more to listen to those tracks and hear so much fresh new detail.

Somone turned the World on again for me. Something - Sunifiram.

You've probably taken aniracetam before. Would you say the effects are comparable? I actually performed better overall on aniracetam+pram combo when I used to take it. That, I think, was due to longer half-life time of ani+pram relative to Suni. Sunifiram has seemingly no effect on me insofar as perceived level of verbal/math acuity. It does seem to improve sex and athletic performance however which is not strange in view of ACh functions in muscles and brain.

You're having more REM sleep than before which, also, is presumably an effect of increased ACh facilitated by Sunifiram. Do you realize that declarative memory consolidation occurs in deep sleep wherein there is no perceived "dream" experience? If Sunifiram, in fact, makes you spend less time in a deep sleep stage relative to any other stage, this seems like an argument against memory improvement, despite your positive outlook or feelings about Sunifiram. I appreciate your input here but I (and some others) can't help but see these inconsistencies in your reports which undermines their authority. As I understand, you had a similar delightful experience with Piracetam, effects of which are commonly known as mild to most users.

My preliminary conclusion is that you're literally just mega-dosing these sups, observing a lack of sleep from excitatory Ach firing in your brain and somehow feeling great about it. Still, I do see positive effects from Sunifiram myself (I am almost done with the 1g.,) which is why I don't think your testimonies are complete and utter bullshit, it's just we are all here trying to figure out whether this is any better relative to other things as objectively as possible and you seem to have taken a too staunch of a stance on sunifiram vis-a-vis other supplements.

Anyway, not to be a dick, I will ask you to elaborate again how is it you think it's possible to get memory improvement despite a major decrease in deep sleep? Are you sure you're not just manic like you were when you were megadosing Piracetam and Glutamate or something? It seems that a lot of "perceived" effects reflected here by some users are essentially "feelings," not assessments of cognitive performance. My effort is just to control for some of these "impressions" so I can better understand the any/all performance benefits I experience with Sunifiram.

Btw., is it not a pain in the dick to dose Suni? It's easier for me to pop an armo and/or aniracetam capsule than to pull out a scale and weigh out 20gs of Suni. Has anyone figured out a viable solution? I think "potency" comes at a price of feasibility and thereby actual realized benefits. Isochroma went through multiple grams on a strict dosing regimen, while I can barely finish this 1g that I bought before him, simply b/c weighing this out is a pain in the dick (it literally pisses me off doing it lol.) I can't even imagine making "sunifiram capsules."

Edited by alecnevsky, 28 May 2013 - 04:11 AM.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#868 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:17 AM

Could your reference too much magnesium on LTP claim? I am taking 1g a day of orotate

Not sure why you would take a mutagenic form (orotate) of magnesium when there are other good forms available.

As Isochroma said, the magnesium:calcium ratio should be balanced, and this I agree with. The magnesium concern, in my opinion, applies mainly to those forms of magnesium that become rapidly available in the brain.

Citation: Cell Death and Disease (2010) 1, e63; doi:10.1038/cddis.2010.39
Magnesium induces neuronal apoptosis by suppressing excitability

Mg++ blocks N-methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA) glutamate receptor ion channels, preventing ion flow at typical neuronal resting potentials.10 Divalent cations, including Mg++ at mM concentrations, decrease the activation of voltage-gated channels through surface charge screening effects,11, 12, 13, 14 thereby reducing neuronal excitability. Mg++ at high extracellular concentrations also blocks Ca++ influx and diminishes synaptic transmission.15

Recent evidence suggests that relief from long-term Mg++-induced inhibition might result in homeostatic increases in long-term potentiation and plasticity.20

I am now confused. The above quoted reference [20] is Enhancement of Learning and Memory by Elevating Brain Magnesium. It says, "an increase in brain magnesium enhances both short-term synaptic facilitation and long-term potentiation and improves learning and memory functions." The two quotes seem contradictory, but I believe the answer is to maintain neither too high nor too low levels of magnesium in the brain.

Chronic incubation of neurons with elevated concentrations of KCl in the culture medium has been shown to protect neurons from apoptotic cell death resulting from over-inhibition and from neurotrophic factor deprivation.23, 28, 29, 30, 31 KCl depolarization is thought to prevent apoptosis by moderately increasing intracellular Ca2+ concentration.30 If Mg++ acts by decreasing neuronal activity, we would hypothesize that treatment with KCl would counteract the effect of Mg++.

We found that KCl significantly protected against both spontaneous neuronal death and against cell death induced by MgSO4 (Figure 2d).

Discussion

Although Mg++ has complex effects on cellular excitability, including both excitatory and inhibitory influences, our data indicate that the overall inhibitory influence of Mg++ accounts for decreased neuronal survival with prolonged exposure. In spite of a surprising depolarization of resting potential, the net effect of Mg++ is inhibitory, as shown by recordings of network activity. Decreased excitability triggers neuronal death, and depolarization with potassium protects against death.

Endogenous magnesium maintains cell function, integrity, and energy production, and extracellular Mg++ modulates a variety of different ion channels and receptors, including NMDA receptors,10 Ca++ channels,36 GABAA receptors17 and voltage-gated channels.11, 12, 32 Manipulation of each of these channel types has been shown to affect cell survival during developmental synaptogenesis, when many neurons undergo physiological cell death.31, 34 The common theme with apoptotic neuroactive agents, including Mg++, is that neuronal activity is strongly suppressed. In susceptible, developing neurons activity suppression activates an apoptotic ‘trigger’. This common trigger could be reduced intracellular Ca++,30 but the trigger set-point can be influenced by environmental factors.29

developing neurons and neuronal networks require an appropriate level of active input for proper development and survival. Clinically relevant Mg++ concentrations kill neurons at this stage by dampening excitability and increasing apoptosis.

The above quoted article makes little mention of AMPA receptors. Nevertheless, in conclusion, as you already probably believe, I suspect that magnesium can be strategically used to inhibit overexcitation in general, but without overusing it. The corollary is that if you are overusing magnesium, it might mean that you will need a higher than average dose of sunifiram, but I can't be sure.

Edited by Climactic, 28 May 2013 - 04:26 AM.

• like x 2

#869 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:19 AM

alecnevsky:

Aniracetam slows neural impulse conduction [I have the study with neat graphs] and causes empty-brain syndrome for me.

As for memory, I get plenty of sleep and perform excellently during the day - better than on any other regime.

I am not a brain expert so how do you expect me to tell you how my memory can improve despite fewer hours of sleep?

If you want to know how good Sunfiram is just look at the positive Customer Reviews on Amazon.com for FBLM's Sunifiram.

Your language is foul and full of sex words that don't belong in this forum - words which are clearly attempts to insult me despite your claims to the contrary in the post.

If you didn't mean them then don't use them and then you won't need fill your post with extraneous denials of what your real intentions are by the language you use.

Rather than making the effort to read my price list to find a Sunifiram capsule supplier you waste my time complaining about the effort required to measure out Sunifiram.

If you had made the minimal effort of clicking a link and scrolling down my list before posting then you would have found a sale of 10mg premeasured capsules of Sunifiram on eBay was added to the Racetam Prices List as of 2013/05/17.

Edited by Isochroma-Reborn, 28 May 2013 - 04:39 AM.

• like x 3

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#870 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:52 AM

I just rechecked for new Sunifiram sales on eBay using the handy search feature available at the top of the Sunifiram table - and all other tables in the Racetam Prices list - and found that the sole capsule supplier has a new sale of capsuled Sunifiram - this one is for 15mg x 50.

Racetam Prices ver. May 27.2 2013 is now online and contains the new supplier link.

Edited by Isochroma-Reborn, 28 May 2013 - 04:54 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sunifiram

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users