- - - - -

Alternative ways to increase dopamine and reduce prolactin

dopamine prolactin

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

Have you try ginkgo? In this study, they gave zero, 10mg , 50mg, or- 100mg kg per day to rats and with great success in lowering prolactin and raising dopamine. The best results was from 50mg/day, which convert to around 650mg/day for a 80kg person.
https://www.ncbi.nlm...Search=18001735
There is also 1-carboxy-2-amino- 3-pyrobenzol (3,4 diol), which which is like l-dopa but some claim it has less side effects

Attached Files

#62 Guardian4981

• 248 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

Wikipedia says ginkos mao influence declines over time, so I am nervous to use it and potentially have major withdrawal eventually when it stops working.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

If their is a decline over time I'm not sure you will suffer from a major withdrawal, considering that it most likely will happen slowly. For example, when people get injections to lower their allergic reactions the dosage is change slowly over time so they don't get a major reaction and adapt.

#64 hullcrush

• 83 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

This person may have passed away, but without citation --- SAMe.
  • dislike x 1

#65 LIB

• 232 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:26 AM

Anyone know where the "TheProblemSolved" user went? I'm trying his suggestions and noticing results. I think its especially due to the Phospatidylserine.

#66 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

Anyone know where the "TheProblemSolved" user went? I'm trying his suggestions and noticing results. I think its especially due to the Phospatidylserine.

Can you develop your experience ?

#67 xeon

• 153 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

I would also like to hear more details about how his suggestions have helped you. I think I will give his system a try. Also, does anyone know if Taurine can be replaced by Gotu Kola? Taurine makes me feel horribly depressed and I will avoid it. Gotu Kola calms me in a similar manner without any negative side effects.

#68 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:34 AM

Perhaps You can use the otherway via inhibiting 5-ht2a receptors.

5-HT2A receptors stimulate ACTH, corticosterone, oxytocin, renin, and prolactin release and activate hypothalamic CRF and oxytocin-expressing cells.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/11331386

Neuroendocrine Correlates of Sleep/Wakefulness

http://books.google....olactin&f=false

Although I´m not 100% sure about its potency/significance, I´ll would say that 5-ht2a blockade seems safer than increasing dopamine.

#69 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:49 PM

By increasing consumption of phenylalanine and tyrosine food dopamine can be restore to optimal level. Dr. Eric Braverman (1) gave the attached list of food in his book. He gives also a list of prescription drugs.

(1) The Edge Effect

Attached Files

• Informative x 1

#70 GhostBuster

• 107 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:53 PM

So is it really a good idea to reduce prolactin/increase dopamin?

Prolactin promotes myelin growth.

#71 Doc Psychoillogical

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:22 PM

Have you tried to research into traditional testosterone / sexual enhancement supplements like Horny Goat Weed, Tribulus Terrestris, Maca, Tongkat Ali, Chrysin? Although this different supplements play with hormones and you should be careful, still might be worthy a shot. From my own experience Tribulus Terrestris would be the first to try.

Tribulus probably wouldn't hurt anyone. I'd like to piggie back on the Chrysin suggestion though..

My Chrysin bottle says "Chrysin, commonly found in the plant Passiflora Coerulea, is structurally defined as 5, 7 dihydroxlyflavone. Chrysin has demonstrated an ability to maximize testosterone by inhibiting aroma taste activity. Aromataese is the enzyme responsible for the conversion of androstenedione and testosterone into esterone and eatersiol respectively. Testosterone is responsible for increases in lean body mass and strength."

What's up with this stuff? I have a unopened bottle from MRM of it. Anything to be worried about? Bad on liver maybe? The goal would be for additional strength.

"What's up with this stuff? I have a unopened bottle from MRM of it. Anything to be worried about? Bad on liver maybe? The goal would be for additional strength."

Unfortunately i personally ahve had great successes with it but only later to find out by researching, it messes with the Thyroid negatively:(

1. Koehrle, J, et.al. Iodothyronine deiodinase is inhibited by plant flavonoids, Prog Clin Biol Res 213 (1986) 359-371

One possibility is that the chrysin disrupted thyroid function. T4 to T3 conversion (a key step in thyroid hormone metabolism) is controlled by an enzyme called deiodinase and this enzyme has been shown to be inhibited by chrysin.

A 1986 study on plant flavenoids and thyroid function done by J. Koerhle that appeared in "Progress in Clinical and Biological Research" found that chrysin can inhibit thyroid function. Chrysin inhibits an enzyme called deiodinase which is involved in thyroid hormone metabolism. An underactive thyroid can lead to increased weight gain, heart disease, joint pain and infertility, according to the Mayo Clinic.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#72 Justin BoBustinBananaFanaF

• 65 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2020 - 07:41 PM

This is a d2 agonist. It will lower prolactin, but not increase dopamine if I recall correctly. This is lowering my prolactin.

I am not sure what you mean by high dose. I know at least 500mg is needed and that there is a too much wherein you feel like ants are crawling all over you.

It would be good to see why your prolactin is high. I have some cysts which I should be monitoring, but I believe estrogen and many other factors would raise it too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dopamine, prolactin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users