- - - - -

A Panacea for Skin & Hair

vitamin a cod liver oil acne oily tinea versicolor accutane hair vision

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rbgilbert06

• 17 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

I've had some problems in the past including very bad dandruff, oily hair/skin, cystic acne (face/body), and Tinea versicolor (sunspots).

Acne Cure

I've done all the treatments for acne, including Accutane Don't ever take it. It works, but it's poison. My testosterone, mood, and body is still recovering. The effects (both the side effects and the clear skin) lasted about 2.5 years. After it wore off, I started breaking out. But I was finally becoming a man again- not some growth hormone-deficient, low-testosterone, depressed lab rat with vitamin A toxicity.

It's horrible that people still use accutane and tons of other acne treatments when I've found something that works so quickly and effectively to treat it. Try to tell anyone suffering from acne about this so no one has to go what I went through with that awful drug.

The Cure: Vitamin A/D. That's it. Zinc helps too, but is not necessary.

Not just any Vitamin A/D though, you need Cod Liver Oil. And not just any cod liver oil, you need fermented cod liver oil. I take Green Pastures Cod Liver Oil/ Grass Fed Butter Blend. The Butter adds healthy fats and Vitamin K, which may be why it seems more effective. The two foods seem very dynamic.

Now I would normally not endorse a company (especially one that charges top dollar) but they are literally the only company that produces a quality product that I know for a fact cured my skin.

Some other benefits from the CLO/BO blend:
  • Increased testosterone (morning wood for the first time since starting accutane)
  • More energy
  • No oily skin
  • Improved Vision (I used to be 20/80 after Accutane. Now I think I'm back to about 20/40)
  • No athletes foot. (I used to get this very often)
  • Sunspots totally gone
Dandruff/Oily Hair/Dry Hair/Unhealthy Hair/Receding Hairline Cure:

Quit washing your hair with shampoo.

My hair used to be either very dry, or insanely oily if I hadn't shampooed for 24 hours. I had awful dandruff.

I quit using shampoo before I started using CLO, and it made a huge difference. The first week, it was awful. My head was itchy, and really oily. I looked homeless. But after a while, my scalp started to adjust. Now it's never oily or dry.

You're still allowed to wet your hair and wash it out. But I wouldn't recommend putting your head under the shower- excessive water will dry the skin out just like soap. I wet it, and then brush my scalp with a fine comb every day.

I noticed extremely healthy hair, no oil, and dandruff was totally gone in a few months. My new slightly receding hairline grew back.

Edited by rbgilbert06, 18 April 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#2 Soma

• 341 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

Not just any Vitamin A/D though, you need Cod Liver Oil. And not just any cod liver oil, you need fermented cod liver oil. I take Green Pastures Cod Liver Oil/ Grass Fed Butter Blend. The Butter adds healthy fats and Vitamin K, which may be why it seems more effective. The two foods seem very dynamic.
Now I would normally not endorse a company (especially one that charges top dollar) but they are literally the only company that produces a quality product that I know for a fact cured my skin.

I used green pasture's cod liver oil and butter oil for about a year with absolutely no effect on my skin whatsoever. I also recieved no effect on my hair, energy levels, or any other effect you mentioned. I emailed the company inquiring specifically about vitamin A levels in the cod liver oil and they ignored several of my emails, finally responding in a rude, dismissive response. A totally inappropriate response to a customer that had purchased so much of their useless products. My advice is to avoid this company and their hyped, gimmicky products.
  • like x 3

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:05 AM

I don't know this product or the original poster. Some products effect different people differently. I'm glad the original poster found something that worked for him. Congratulations.

#4 SeekingSerenity

• 61 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

I used green pasture's cod liver oil and butter oil for about a year with absolutely no effect on my skin whatsoever. I also recieved no effect on my hair, energy levels, or any other effect you mentioned. I emailed the company inquiring specifically about vitamin A levels in the cod liver oil and they ignored several of my emails, finally responding in a rude, dismissive response. A totally inappropriate response to a customer that had purchased so much of their useless products. My advice is to avoid this company and their hyped, gimmicky products.

This was my experience as well.

Green Pastures is not forthcoming with information.

Edited by SeekingSerenity, 06 September 2013 - 06:34 PM.

#5 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

All the signs point to this being spam.
  • like x 2

#6 SeekingSerenity

• 61 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:51 AM

All the signs point to this being spam.

I think you may be right

It's amazing, though, to think that someone would actually do that. Just goes to show that you must look at all advice with a critical and inquisitive eye.

#7 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

I'm pretty good at rooting out spam- that's part of my job description... and I have to say that I don't think the OP is spamming. I think that the OP is just a guy who had a good experience with something, and wanted to share it. In a large post, there's only one mention of a product, and no links. He has other posts on the site that just don't look like spammer work.

#8 rbgilbert06

• Topic Starter
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

I was in fact not, spamming! I'm just very loyal to brands that work well. But in the meantime, I've also realized that proper supplementation of vitamin A/D and a diet filled with grass-fed butter achieves the same effects. ymmv.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vitamin a, cod liver oil, acne, oily, tinea versicolor, accutane, hair, vision

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users