Supplementation Choices Based on the 7 SENS Research Foundation Targets

supplementation sens organization 7 targets nootropic telomeres

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#151 MercyBuckets

• 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:03 PM

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the quick response. I didn't mean to seem an alarmist by any means - what I meant is that there aren't any long-term studies on the quantities and frequency of some of the compounds used here. I know c60-eVOO would be a big target here, but even things like Resversatrol (maybe drinking 140 glasses of wine kills you after X amount of years - who knows) - could be - working against our attempts at longevity. I agree the chance of this is probably slim, but my logic was (opposite of yours, I guess) to only use the bare minimum of supplements to achieve our goals. Hence, risk vs. reward. 

I see what you're saying though - some of the 3A's in the spreadsheet might be wrong. Having a multitude of supps to get "in-case" coverage in the event of one of these studies being bogus could be a good idea. 

I've read your 2 week interval regiment on your site now, seems like a good idea. I'm thinking of adapting some of your methodologies here in my own. This is one of the (if not the only) compilation of supplements that aren't for older persons, people with some sort of problem to fix (increased mental capacity, etc), or have some workout/physical requirements. I've found the lack of information for youngish-healthy people that just like the idea of living a really long time lacking. 

PS - Really surprised Lithium covers almost all of the SENS categories. My wife is going to flip when she sees that bottle. :) 

-- MB

• Cheerful x 1

#152 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:05 PM

No worries... I didn't take it that way.  Anyhow, caution should always be the rule.  Truthfully, Lithium is one of those things I like the best.  I feel more well balanced physically and mentally when taking it.  I understand that Lithium Orotate (SP?) has been know to cause cancer if taken at higher dosages.  I use the the other form instead yet still take a minimal dosage...  

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#153 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:21 PM

The choice by the researchers seemed to be a bit arbitrary and not comprehensive in seeking out supplements which are most effective in the areas they chose. I do believe that the study gives strength to my methodology. I propose the following to be essential supplements toward effecting the SENS targets. Juicing raw vegetables is also precident. In concert with these supplements juicing (masticating juicer) will provide the body with essential minerals, enzymes and nutrients.

B50 complex
Iiodine
NAC
Lithium (low dosage)
Zinc
Blueberry Extract
Alpha Lipoic Acid
ALCAR
Coenzyme Q10
Vitamine C
DHEA (If you are older than 45)
Resveratrol
EGCG
Vitamine D3
Fisetin
Fish Oil
Olive Leaf Extract
L-Carnosine
PQQ
SAMe
Aspirin

Just doing the very same Solarfingers (beside lithium though) and feel great (with excercising, eating well, sleeping well and, very un-rigorously though, eating a bit less hoping to grasp some of CR benefits). I would just watch hormones such as DHEA, mostly if you are older than 45. Have a global view of your hormonal status and take decision accordingly. Even if very low (at 58) I have found probably DHEA not necessary as long as testosterone and E2 are OK. I am stil studying all this and being careful with my prostate condition. I tested fews years ago a cycle of trasdermal testosterone to see how I do react. I might be reconsdering all again after my next works this summer.

• like x 2

#154 Fred_CALICO

• 106 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

A propos de resvératrol que je doute .... après la publication

Références:

1. Semba RD, Ferrucci L, Bartali B, et al. Niveaux de resvératrol et Mortalité toutes causes confondues dans Older communautaire de logement adultes. JAMA Intern Med. Publié onlineMay 12, 2014.

2. Fraude de resvératrol cas mise à jour: Dipak Das perd chaise, les questions de l'avocat déclaration réfutant toutes les accusations de l'éditeur.  montre de rétractation 2012  .

3. http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/24819981

Edited by sell58, 22 May 2014 - 05:27 PM.

#155 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:13 PM

Dupe...

Edited by solarfingers, 22 May 2014 - 10:15 PM.

#156 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:13 PM

Translation... "About Resveratrol I doubt .... after publication" ~ Google Translator. 

references: 
1. Semba RD, Ferrucci L, Bartali B, et al. Levels of resveratrol and All-Cause Mortality in Older adult housing community. JAMA Intern Med. Published onlineMay 12, 2014. 
2 Fraud case Resveratrol update. Dipak Das loses chair, lawyer issues statement refuting all charges of the publisher. Watch withdrawal in 2012. 

However... The study was conducted with 783 community-dwelling men and women 65 years or older.

9 years later at the age of 74 only 30% had died. What are the statistics for this age groups mortality at this age in the demographics tested? The study fails to note what these people died of! Did they die of cardiovascular issues, stroke, some genetic or other disease?  The methodology was to measure the amount of Resveratrol in the urine of those who lived and those who died and tried to make a correlation to mortality.  I am no researcher but this study seems a bit wacked to me.  I'm sure someone more familiar with research can make heads or tails of this but I'm not sold on the conclusions.

• like x 1

#157 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

Lipid Coatings can be stripped off of LCVs by EV Coconut Oil and Butylated HydroxyToluene. (BHT)
Note that BHT is also a very powerful anti-oxidant and that Turnbuckle compares it to C60oo in effectiveness.

My personal experience with it is that its pointless going drinking/partying if you have taken the stuff within 4 -5 days prior to doing so, but that its a great hangover cure post party.

I also note that after studies showing its efficiency as an anti-oxidant, lipid coated virus and bacteria killer and increased lifespan in rats; Big Pharma went to great lengths to do studies showing it caused cancer and get the results into the news.
The dosages used to cause said cancer were ridiculously high, but who pays attention to little details like dosage!?

BHT is an alcohol buzz-killer? That's very interesting, since that's one of the unfortunate side effects of c60, too. Does this mean that the EtOH high is dependent on oxidative damage?

Once you're infected with a virus, the coating is no longer an issue, at least for the virus that infected you. If it's going to manufacture a bunch of new viri, then maybe stripping the coating would be a way to get at them before they further infect you. It would seem that to be effective as a shield against infection, you'd need to have a constant therapeutic level on board. Since coconut oil is a food, it's designed to be metabolized, and is trapped in the digestive tract until that happens. Thus you'd never have coconut oil in circulation. Or is it the lauric acid that does the trick? If so, EVCO isn't yet ruled out. We still have the issue of the therapeutic level needed. Do you know what concentration is required for virus killing? I'd expect this to be hard to maintain with a food that's meant to be metabolized, but it sounds like BHT has pretty good pharmacokinetics. Is it possible to take enough of either of these compounds to have an anti-viral effect?

The part about Big Pharma sounds awfully conspiracy theoretic. Was this a NaturalNews production? The only BHT/cancer work I'm aware of shows that it prevents cancer, but I haven't looked at that literature in years. BHT used to be added to all sorts of packaged food as a preservative, but the granola-heads were so freaked out about the looming danger of "preservatives" that Big Food went to great lengths to take them out of their products. Now "No Preservatives" is a selling point.

I have to retract the above statement:

I took a sup containing BHT (Also Garlic extract and Lemon Balm) soon after running out of C60oo, Epitalon, Milk Thistle and other suspected telomerase activators.
I never got into the party and left early in what I felt was an almost sober state.

No hangover.

Subsequently I have been on 350mg of VRP's BHT and DO NOT recommend drinking with BHT unless you want to wake up with a killer hangover, no wallet or cell phone and no recollection of WTF happened!

2 to 3 beers can be fun, but those 3 always want to party..!
It certainly will not increase lifespan under these conditions!

:)

Soz for hijacking your thread Solarfingers

Edited by Logic, 08 June 2014 - 10:29 PM.

#158 gt35r

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:37 PM

What ever happened to this thread? Are the items the OP made still relevant or mostly discounted at this point?

#159 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:04 PM

gt35r,

I'm still lurking around but I have my hands in other projects.  I wouldn't discount them and consider them still relevant.

Thanks,

Bob

#160 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:26 PM

Several of the supplements on the list are Topoisomerase inhibitors: EGCG, Quercetin, Fisetin, Resveratrol, Rutin. I'm concerned about the mutagenic and carcinogenic DNA damage from topoisomerase inhibitors.

#161 gt35r

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:44 AM

Is Quercetin best take with Resveratrol or apart? I take resveratrol w/ BioPrine

#162 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:49 PM

Ta5,

Not sure how well founded of a concern that is.  

Gt35r,

I don't know the answer to that.

Bob ?;o)

#163 MercyBuckets

• 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:04 AM

We're alive! :) 

If someone has an answer to tau5's question, it's been bothering me a bit (though slightly).

Welcome anyone that can share some insight. 

Thanks

MB

#164 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:20 PM

It's been a long time since I posted anything yet I am doing well.  I just wanted to share this article from LEF that seems to be following a similar thread to what I have been attempting.  Interesting enough their conclusion is that a cocktail of nutrients seems to work better than taking supplements of the same kind. 

http://www.lef.org/M...fe-Span/Page-01

An examination of their spreadsheet shows some interesting targets though not exactly the SENS targets they are similar in function.

7331316_orig.jpg

Summary

THE 30 NUTRIENTS USED IN THIS HEALTH AND LONGEVITY STUDY 

• Vitamin B1 
  • Vitamin B3 (niacin) 
  • Vitamin B6 
  • Vitamin B12 
  • Folate 
  • Vitamin C 
  • Vitamin D 
  • Acetyl-L-carnitine 
  • Alpha-lipoic acid 
  • Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) 
  • Beta-carotene 
  • Bioflavonoids 
  • Chromium picolinate 
  • Garlic 
  • Ginger root extract
  • Ginkgo biloba 
  • Ginseng 
  • Green tea extract 
  • L-Glutathione 
  • Magnesium 
  • Manganese 
  • Melatonin 
  • N-Acetyl cysteine 
  • Potassium 
  • Rutin 
  • Selenium 
  • Vitamin E 
  • Cod liver oil (omega-3) 
  • Coenzyme Q10 
  • Flax seed oil

Growing scientific evidence connects most of the chronic diseases, and even longevity itself, with five key mechanisms of aging. 

By devising a supplement formula comprised of multiple nutrients that attack these five mechanisms through multiple pathways, international researchers have significantly lengthened the life span of experimental animals. Just as importantly, the nutrient mixture markedly enhances animals' overall mobility and cognition, restoring function in those areas to youthful levels. 

The marked benefits demonstrated in response to this 30-ingredient nutrient cocktail help explain why studies with single-agent compounds do not always produce meaningful longevity-enhancing results. 

All of the individual nutrients in the mixture are known to be safe and effective in humans, though time will tell if the specific combination of all thirty will prove as effective in humans as it has in mice. The preponderance of the evidence, however, suggests it may live up to expectations.

Edited by solarfingers, 02 December 2014 - 06:43 PM.

• like x 6
  • Informative x 2
  • unsure x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#165 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:42 AM

For the sake of completeness in this great thread Solarfingers:

Senolytics:

http://www.longecity...nds-healthspan/

#166 MercyBuckets

• 8 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:57 PM

Anyone know if there is a mix or cocktail commercially available that covers those? Seems that LEF would have one, but there mix (can't post links, sorry) only contains about 10-12 from the list. 

Hope all are well.

MB

#167 message

• 72 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:15 PM

Bumping this oldie but goodie. 

Any updates solarfingers? How does your regimen look like now?  Have you felt any different since you started supplementation?

I always wonder if these supplements help those who may have underlying deficiencies or conditions that need rectification as opposed to someone who is in their 30s and healthy. 

#168 JR7

• 113 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:35 PM

Anyone know if there is a mix or cocktail commercially available that covers those? Seems that LEF would have one, but there mix (can't post links, sorry) only contains about 10-12 from the list. 

Hope all are well.

MB

Can you message me the name of the LEF mix?

#169 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:38 PM

http://www.lifeexten...2137=[products]

#170 message

• 72 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:14 AM

That's 14 pills day.  O boy...

#171 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:33 AM

Or a scoop of powder in your favorite drink.

• Good Point x 1

#172 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:47 PM

Well I'm at about 18 or so vitamins a day... I would rather do that then take 10 pharmaceutical drugs in my old age... The idea is preventive geriatrics.

• Good Point x 2
  • Agree x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • like x 1

#173 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:19 PM

Well I'm at about 18 or so vitamins a day... I would rather do that then take 10 pharmaceutical drugs in my old age... The idea is preventive geriatrics.

Hey Solarfingers!  :)
Good to see you're still around!

I believe Vince Giuliano is taking around 125 capsules a day and due to the tests he has had done, his doctor is seriously starting to sit up and take notice.

I get why people don't like taking pharmaceutical pills:
Its because one leads to another to counteract the sides of the 1st etc. and people kind of 'know' this.
Its also because taking pills means you're sick...

I don't see capsules of supps that way:

I see them as concentrates of all the crappy tasting vegetables you should be or would have to eat by the kilograms every day, all nicely concentrated.

ie:  There is no reason to think: "Pills... = I'm sick!"

Think:  "My veggies!  :wub: "

• Agree x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • like x 1

#174 MercyBuckets

• 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:50 PM

Glad to see the topic brought back to life... I still use the original post as one of my references when I get into a longevity binge. :)

Update on what I'm taking: (I'm 36, no real medical issues - objective is to stay healthy as long as possible) 

LEF mix tablets (http://www.amazon.fr...xtension niacin)

3-5 a day (9 seems too many)

Curcumin (http://www.amazon.fr...ywords=curcumin)

1-2 tablets a day

Vitamin D3

5,000-10,000 IU in winter, summer on days I stay inside too much 

Garden of Life Magic Powder Stuff (http://www.amazon.fr...ailpage_o07_s00)

One serving every 1-2 days 

Krill Oil (http://www.amazon.fr...0444391_TE_item

1 a day

Acetyl-L-Carnitine (http://www.amazon.fr...0444391_TE_item)

2/day

Resveratrol (http://www.amazon.fr...ailpage_o08_s00)

2/day 

If anyone has some experience or tips on what to add would be great. 

MB 

• like x 1

#175 message

• 72 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:09 PM

Like this topic a lot.  Enjoying the insight on how to think of "pills"

mercybuckets - we are about the same age, you are a bit older. Do you notice any difference on the above supps?

I take

LEF 2/day MVI - one tab/day

L carnitine - 500mg BID

Super K LEF - one/day

Green Tea tabs - 500mg/day

NAC 600mg - one tab BID

Vit c - 1g/day

FIsh oil  nutrigold - 3tabs/day

Magnesium powder - 1scoop most nights

Melatonin 300mcg - here and there everynight.

Psyllium husk - every day or every other day

iP6 Jarrow - 500mg daily AM empty stomach

Just realized that is over 10 pills per day and then some powder!

Edited by message, 15 February 2016 - 07:10 PM.

• like x 1

#176 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:58 PM

I like this thread very much and appreciate solarfinger starting it. Hoping not to be too much off topic, please allow me just to remind the Nicotinamide Riboside which came on stage (an excelled curated thread is here) and a nice recent article by the Life Extension Foundation which, while focusing specifically on fighting cancer, provides a very good list of compounds and references. I thought it might have a place in this thread supporting another perspective on several of the very compounds which are discussed:

http://www.lifeexten...er-risk/page-01

(see in particular Tables 1 to 5)

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#177 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:02 PM

Well, thanks everyone!  I'm doing well and staying to my program.  I just have so many projects in the air! 

#178 message

• 72 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:27 AM

Solar what u taking right now?

On another note, I'm battling a cold ughh some head pressure and malaise
Keeping my regular supps up but going heavy with vit c, zinc, green tea tabs and adding apple cider vinegar. Everyone at work is sick and I suspect I picked it up there. Yuck

#179 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:00 PM

Well, I have been on the same track for some time now...

1) RepleniSENS (Rep) - Stem cell proliferation and healthy differentiation

2) OncoSENS (Onc) -  Prevention of cancer; Encouraging Cancer cell apoptosis

3) MitoSENS (Mit) - Encouraging healthy mitochondria functioning

4) ApoptoSENS (Apo) - Extending cell division and senescence

5) GlycoSENS (Gly) - AGEs prevention. Ages is the accumulation of extracellur junk... This causes tissue structure to weaken.  This is what causes wrinkles...

6) AmyloSENS (Amy) - Extracellular aggregate prevention and removal

7) LysoSENS (Lys) - Intracellular aggregate prevention and removal by healthy lysosomal activity

I only take the minimal dosage of each.  You can adjust this but I would recommend going with no more than the daily recommended dosages.  I also have split them in half and take one half in the morning and another at lunch.  You could split it into thirds and take some with every meal. Always take your vitamins with food.

* B50 complex - Mit, Onc, Apo, Gly, Amy, Lys

* Iiodine - Onc, Mito, Gly

* NAC - Mit, Gly

* Lithium (low dosage) - Mito, (Increased brain function and encourages brain cell growth)

* ALCAR - Mit, Apo, Lys

* Coenzyme Q10 - Rep, Onc, Mit, Gly, Lys

* Vitamine C - Rep, Onc, Mit, Apo, Gly, Lys

* DHEA - A hormone precursor... You should start taking this if you are over 45...

* Resveratrol - Rep, Onc, Mit, Apo

* Vitamine D3 - Onc, Apo, Amy

* Fisetin - Onc, Mit, Gly, Amy, Lys

* Fish Oil - Onc, Mit, Gly, Lys

* L-Carnosine - Rep, Mit, Apo, Gly

* PQQ - Onc, Mit, Amy

* Aspirin - Gly, Amy, Lys

* D3 - Onc, Apo, Amy

This probably isn't a full list but that's what I can remember off hand.  I also take:

* Piracetam - Cross hemisphere chemical signalling... More fluid speech and better recall.

* Anaracetan - Higher brain functioning... More processing power

* Choline Bitartrate - Need to take with Piracetam and is necessary for brain functioning.

* Lion's Mane Mushroom - Has Nerve Growth Factor which helps regrow damaged brain cells

* Ashawagandha - Encourages the growth of Dendrites which are necessary for brain synapse.

* Atichoke Extract, Forskohlii - (CILTEP, chemically induced long-term potentiation) chemically enhance memory.

* L-Phenylalanine - Needed as Artichoke Extract and Forskohlii will lower dopamine in the brain

Hope that is helpful... never forget vitamin C... especially for colds  :-D

• Informative x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#180 MercyBuckets

• 8 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:43 PM

Hi solarfingers, all, 

Glad to hear you're keeping up with it. :) I still use this as one of my "bases" when it comes to supplementing for anti-age. Here's my updated spreadsheet w/ your info:

Couple questions: 

You mention " liodine " a few times - I assume you mean Iodine? Just want to make sure. I don't see it in your original list is why. Any references to studies on that you want to share? 

Regarding Lithium - I've been taking low dose for about 2 years now. I'm surprised you only have it as Mit as your original sheet had it "3A" on 5-6 categories. Did something change? (I ask because this supp for me is by far my most expensive plus the biggest name in the "possibly dangerous and scares people" category. :)

Also - the Telomere Protect/Activate etc categories - have you disregarded those? 

FYI I think you have D3 twice on your list :) 

Thanks again for the efforts here! 

MB

• Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supplementation, sens organization, 7 targets, nootropic, telomeres

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By