Supplementation Choices Based on the 7 SENS Research Foundation Targets

supplementation sens organization 7 targets nootropic telomeres

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#121 Benedictus

• 60 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

1 Doctor's best vitamin d3 1000iu-2000iu softgel

Since the half-life of 25(OH)D in the circulation is quite long, I personally do 1 5000IU softgel every other day, and sometimes even 10000 IU every 3 days or so. You won't be overdosing D3 very soon in our dressed environments..
In this case the ones from Healthy Origins are the best value for money, as far as I know. Or maybe the BioPhix D3 drops.

Edited by Benedictus, 17 August 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#122 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

I now have editing privileges and will continue to keep the spreadsheet in this thread updated

In that case you may want to correct the spelling errors in it, I understand you're not an academic, don't have to be, but some words don't make it look trustworthy. "Useful" is with one l, "definitive' looks better.

Other than that I think this is a really great idea, could prove very useful indeed. I wonder when suppliers will jump in here and advertise their new multi's a.o. based on this ;-)

I'm missing;
https://en.wikipedia...thin#For_humans
https://en.wikipedia...#Dietary_intake
http://en.wikipedia....sults_in_humans

OK, just my additions for now..

:|?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 MrSan

• Inactive User
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

You may want to consider adding bovine colostrum as well. I have added links to research done, so you can judge for yourself if this is an appropriate addition or if the supplement is homeopathic etc.

Increase in bone-free lean body mass after an 8 week period. (Mean increase of 1,49kg!)
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/11312068

"The higher muscle mass you have – or lean body mass – the longer your life could be, according to a recent study by Umea University in Sweden."
http://www.predatorn...ease-longevity/

"Run to a higher IQ."
http://translate.goo...l-en-hojere-iq/

"Longitudal cohort study of childhood IQ and survival up to the age of 70."
http://www.bmj.com/c...nt/322/7290/819
----

I've heard sources claim that colostrum brings IGF-1 levels back to how high it was prepubescent. And so by indirectly increasing recovery rates, lean muscle gain and improving the restorative effects of sleep by increasing IGF-1 levels, one might be able to live a little longer - or at least live a higher quality life. I added the study about running because IGF-1 may increase recovery rates and make individuals more predisposed to following a strenous physical conditioning programme, by making it easier.

Bear in mind however growth hormone is a multimillion dollar industry, and therefore the sources may be somewhat biased.

Edited by MrSan, 19 August 2013 - 06:25 PM.

• Ill informed x 1

#124 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

I do believe Jim Green added colostrum to his regimen. This is something to consider.

Thanks...

#125 balance

• 449 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

I've heard sources claim that colostrum brings IGF-1 levels back to how high it was prepubescent. And so by indirectly increasing recovery rates, lean muscle gain and improving the restorative effects of sleep by increasing IGF-1 levels, one might be able to live a little longer - or at least live a higher quality life. I added the study about running because IGF-1 may increase recovery rates and make individuals more predisposed to following a strenous physical conditioning programme, by making it easier.

Higher IGF-1 levels are also linked to several cancers and cardiovascular disease...
  • like x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • dislike x 1

#126 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

Higher IGF-1 levels are also linked to several cancers and cardiovascular disease...

True but none of the studies could actually connect these outcomes to any cause. How colostrum could cause cancer or cardiovascular disease has yet to be explained... I think the verdict is not quite in on colostrum... Definitely something to watch.

#127 MrSan

• Inactive User
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

Low levels of IGF-1 is associated with an increased risk from cardiovascular disease, and high levels are associated with an increased risk of developing cancer.
Posted Image

"IGF-1: When More is Less" (Not a scientific study.)
http://alvinblin.blo...re-is-less.html

"Meta-Analysis and Dose-Response Metaregression: Circulating Insulin-Like Growth Factor I (IGF-I) and Mortality."
http://jcem.endojour....abstract?rss=1

To put things into perspective...

Ecuadorean Villagers May Hold Secret to Longevity
http://www.nytimes.c...evity.html?_r=0

Laron-type dwarfism characterized by characterized by an insensitivity to growth hormone. What's also interesting is they have very low rates of cancer and diabetes, but they have an increased risk of cardiovascular disease. They have a vastly decreased exercise capacity among other things. Nasty disease.

Excuse my english, I'm not a native speaker.

Edited by MrSan, 20 August 2013 - 09:29 AM.

• Informative x 2

#128 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Perform a cursory search on colostrum and heart disease and I only see that colostrum is a treatment for cardiovascular disease. Where are citations indicating otherwise?

http://www.dravard.com/colostrum.htm

#129 balance

• 449 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

Low levels of IGF-1 is associated with an increased risk from cardiovascular disease, and high levels are associated with an increased risk of developing cancer.
Posted Image

"IGF-1: When More is Less" (Not a scientific study.)
http://alvinblin.blo...re-is-less.html

"Meta-Analysis and Dose-Response Metaregression: Circulating Insulin-Like Growth Factor I (IGF-I) and Mortality."
http://jcem.endojour....abstract?rss=1

To put things into perspective...

Ecuadorean Villagers May Hold Secret to Longevity
http://www.nytimes.c...evity.html?_r=0

Laron-type dwarfism characterized by characterized by an insensitivity to growth hormone. What's also interesting is they have very low rates of cancer and diabetes, but they have an increased risk of cardiovascular disease. They have a vastly decreased exercise capacity among other things. Nasty disease.

Excuse my english, I'm not a native speaker.

Correct, I remembered the LEF article that showed that those who had low levels of DHEA, IGF-1 and testosterone had the highest cardiovascular mortality risk:

www.lef.org/magazine/mag2007/jun2007_cover_dhea_01.htm

#130 gt35r

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

fuck that I want as much hGH and testoserone and IGF as I can get.
  • dislike x 4
  • Disagree x 2

#131 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

Correct, I remembered the LEF article that showed that those who had low levels of DHEA, IGF-1 and testosterone had the highest cardiovascular mortality risk:

www.lef.org/magazine/mag2007/jun2007_cover_dhea_01.htm

Hormone Status Three-Year Survival Rate

High levels of
DHEA, testosterone,
and IGF-1 83%

Deficiency in one
hormone (DHEA,
testosterone, or IGF-1) 74%

Deficiency in two
hormones (DHEA,
testosterone, or IGF-1) 55%

Deficiency in all
three hormones (DHEA,
testosterone, and IGF-1) 27%

Though LEF is not the most unbiased source of information I think it is safe to think that IGF, DHEA and Testosterone are noteworthy supplements.

However, the discussion of IGF-1 started with colostrum though you can get it as a separate supplement.

http://www.swansonvi...f-1-30-lozenges

What are the best sources for IGF-1 and Testosterone?

#132 balance

• 449 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

However, the discussion of IGF-1 started with colostrum though you can get it as a separate supplement.

http://www.swansonvi...f-1-30-lozenges

What are the best sources for IGF-1 and Testosterone?

We gotta watch out here to not get side tracked into the age old 'which supplements boost testosterone' thread. As for IGF-1, besides medicine, there's little you can do. Some say that soy milk boosts IGF-1 better than cow's milk, and whey protein might be somewhere in the middle. Keep in mind that soy will have an estrogenic effect.
However, it is under debate whether the growth factors such as IGF-1 present in milk actually absorb, or whether the boost in IGF-1 is simply due to the protein/amino acids. I highly doubt such supplements as the NOW one you quoted would have any significant effect. I did read a recent study that showed that Carnitine boosts IGF-1, and it's not the first time I've read that.
  • like x 2
  • unsure x 1

#133 Darryl

• 650 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

It's worth noting that from the OPs supplementation list: rutin, blueberry extract, ginsing extract, curcumin, milk thistle, EGCG, quercetin, alpha-lipoic acid, cinnamon, grape seed extract, and fisetin are all known Nrf2 inducers, and indeed perhaps owe the bulk of their effects to induction of the Keap1-Nrf2-ARE mediated endogenous antioxidant response.

There's a couple of commercially available Nrf2 inducing stacks (Protandim and Nuley NRF-2 Optimizer), but as constituitive Nrf2 upregulation is a pillar of my own dietary/supplementation anti-aging approach, I suspect a more rational selection might streamline the supplementation.

From a couple of recent papers (1, 2), andrographolide from the Asian herb Andrographis paniculata appears the most potent naturally occurring Nrf2 inducer, and this current review of clinical studies will confirm the range of protective effects, many shared with other Nrf2 inducers. No other herbal inducers come close, though as this high-throughput screen notes, gedunin (from neem), nordihydroguaiaretic acid (NDGA, from creosote), and fisetin (from strawberries & Japanese wax tree) have some intriguing, drug-like kinetics. Though NDGA is one of rather few compounds known to increase mouse lifespan, unfortunately creosote is a hepatotoxin so is out of consideration for me.

Among food phytochemical Nrf2 inducers, carnosic acid (from rosemary & sage), curcumin (from turmeric), and sulforaphane (from broccoli, esp sprouts) appear the most potent. Supercritical CO2 rosemary extracts standardized to diterpenes are fairly cheap, low in flavor, and could be added to salad oil; turmeric extracts are fairly inexpensive, but need piperene (from black pepper) for reasonable bioavailability. I grow broccoli sprouts and buy high glucoraphanin cultivar broccoli for my daily enormosalad.

As I rationalize and simplify my supplementation (using guides like this thread), I'm presently leaning towards a Andrographis extract + curcumin extract/piperine as my Nrf2 inducing pill supplements, with high daily dietary sulforaphane + rosemary extract in the context of a high flavonoid diet. I'm tempted to add fisetin, but its a somewhat expensive supplement by comparison.

These would be by no means my only supplements. Eg, benfotiamine + carnosine would be my anti-glycation stack; B12 + D3 + algal EPA/DHA + creatine + taurine my vegan nutritional support, etc.

Edited by Darryl, 03 September 2013 - 11:06 PM.

• Informative x 3
  • like x 2

#134 Iporuru

• 216 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

It's worth noting that from the OPs supplementation list: rutin, blueberry extract, ginsing extract, curcumin, milk thistle, EGCG, quercetin, alpha-lipoic acid, cinnamon, grape seed extract, and fisetin are all known Nrf2 inducers, and indeed perhaps owe the bulk of their effects to induction of the Keap1-Nrf2-ARE mediated endogenous antioxidant response.

There's a couple of commercially available Nrf2 inducing stacks (Protandim and Nuley NRF-2 Optimizer), but as constituitive Nrf2 upregulation is a pillar of my own dietary/supplementation anti-aging approach, I suspect a more rational selection might streamline the supplementation.

From a couple of recent papers (1, 2), andrographolide from the Asian herb Andrographis paniculata appears the most potent naturally occurring Nrf2 inducer, and this current review of clinical studies will confirm the range of protective effects, many shared with other Nrf2 inducers. No other herbal inducers come close, though as this high-throughput screen notes, gedunin (from neem), nordihydroguaiaretic acid (NDGA, from creosote), and fisetin (from strawberries & Japanese wax tree) have some intriguing, drug-like kinetics. Though NDGA is one of rather few compounds known to increase mouse lifespan, unfortunately creosote is a hepatotoxin so is out of consideration for me.

Among food phytochemical Nrf2 inducers, carnosic acid (from rosemary & sage), curcumin (from turmeric), and sulforaphane (from broccoli, esp sprouts) appear the most potent. Supercritical CO2 rosemary extracts standardized to diterpenes are fairly cheap, low in flavor, and could be added to salad oil; turmeric extracts are fairly inexpensive, but need piperene (from black pepper) for reasonable bioavailability. I grow broccoli sprouts and buy high glucoraphanin cultivar broccoli for my daily enormosalad.

As I rationalize and simplify my supplementation (using guides like this thread), I'm presently leaning towards a Andrographis extract + curcumin extract/piperine as my Nrf2 inducing pill supplements, with high daily dietary sulforaphane + rosemary extract in the context of a high flavonoid diet. I'm tempted to add fisetin, but its a somewhat expensive supplement by comparison.

These would be by no means my only supplements. Eg, benfotiamine + carnosine would be my anti-glycation stack; B12 + D3 + algal EPA/DHA + creatine + taurine my vegan nutritional support, etc.

Another Nrf2 activator, with neuroprotective effects, is cafestol: http://www.jneurosci...tent/30/16/5525

#135 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

This is interesting... According to Vince G.

"Interventions that both prevent cancer and aging would be the most effective therapy for increasing average lifespan. Proposed therapies that would fit into this portion of the overlapping circles would include mTOR inhibition, inhibition of the Insulin/IGF-1 pathway, and inhibition of inflammatory pathways (NF-kB, COX, LOX, etc.). Activating the following pathways would also reduce cancer and increase longevity: AMPK , FOXO, Nrf2, PGC-1a, autophagy, ribosomal biosynthesis, nuclear laminin maintenance, DNA repair pathways, and epigenetic mechanisms that maintain normal gene expression (DNMT inhibition, HDAC inhibition, HAT inhibition, miRNA maintenance, chromatin maintenance in the euchromatin state, and preventing epigenetic drift). Clearing senescent cells and maintaining healthy/normal numbers of stem cells would also solve both."

He did not however list anything supplemental that would increase Nrf2 in his paper. He only states that exercise, fasting and choleric restriction activates Nrf2. Good finds for the both of you. I do like the fact that you mentioned that the supplements on my list are known Nrf2 inducers. I haven't researched that. This would fit in well with my more-bang-for-the-buck mentality. Andrographis paniculata does look like something that would interest me however. I'll have to spend more time researching it later.
  • like x 1

#136 Iporuru

• 216 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:49 AM

This is interesting... According to Vince G.

"Interventions that both prevent cancer and aging would be the most effective therapy for increasing average lifespan. Proposed therapies that would fit into this portion of the overlapping circles would include mTOR inhibition, inhibition of the Insulin/IGF-1 pathway, and inhibition of inflammatory pathways (NF-kB, COX, LOX, etc.). Activating the following pathways would also reduce cancer and increase longevity: AMPK , FOXO, Nrf2, PGC-1a, autophagy, ribosomal biosynthesis, nuclear laminin maintenance, DNA repair pathways, and epigenetic mechanisms that maintain normal gene expression (DNMT inhibition, HDAC inhibition, HAT inhibition, miRNA maintenance, chromatin maintenance in the euchromatin state, and preventing epigenetic drift). Clearing senescent cells and maintaining healthy/normal numbers of stem cells would also solve both."

He did not however list anything supplemental that would increase Nrf2 in his paper. He only states that exercise, fasting and choleric restriction activates Nrf2. Good finds for the both of you. I do like the fact that you mentioned that the supplements on my list are known Nrf2 inducers. I haven't researched that. This would fit in well with my more-bang-for-the-buck mentality. Andrographis paniculata does look like something that would interest me however. I'll have to spend more time researching it later.

'Choleric' restriction possibly also helps, but you probably meant 'caloric' restriction ;)
  • Cheerful x 1

#137 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

'Choleric' restriction possibly also helps, but you probably meant 'caloric' restriction ;)

Yes, it does help when one is not in a foul mood but I did mean caloric restriction, LOL!

#138 Darryl

• 650 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

So far, my literature search has turned up 208 Nrf2-ARE inducers. Every day spent on Pubmed or Google Scholar, more appear. Basically, any bioavailable compound with sulfhydryl reactivity has the potential to be a Nrf2-ARE inducer.

Its a bit disappointing the Longecity community isn't all over Nrf2, as its the master regulator of cellular electrophile/radical cellular stress responses. When you see the term hormesis, think Nrf2. When a food or herb appears to inhibit aging processes, very likely Nrf2 is in play.

Edited by Darryl, 05 September 2013 - 04:32 PM.

• like x 6
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#139 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

http://www.swansonvi...-400-mg-60-caps

Looks to be an inexpensive remedy...
  • like x 1

#140 NDM

• 343 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:31 AM

Years ago when I was contemplating introducing andrographis to my stack I recall reading that if taken continuously it may seriously damage the liver (forgot if it was just Internet chat or pubmed article...).

#141 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

Years ago when I was contemplating introducing andrographis to my stack I recall reading that if taken continuously it may seriously damage the liver (forgot if it was just Internet chat or pubmed article...).

According to WebMD:

Andrographis is LIKELY SAFE for most adults when used short-term. It might also be safe when up to three months.

It is POSSIBLY SAFE in children when used short-term, up to one month.

It can cause side effects such as loss of appetite, diarrhea, vomiting, rash, headache, runny nose, and fatigue.

When used in high doses or long-term, andrographis might cause swollen lymph glands, serious allergic reactions, elevations of liver enzymes, and other side effects.

• Informative x 1

#142 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

According to the study you listed http://www.sciencedi...074552111001645 it looks like fisetin looks to be the only valid candidate at NRF2 activation with no side effects.

#143 Darryl

• 650 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

All of the polyphenol hormetins (including the green tea catechins, curcumin, anthocyanins like those in blueberries, flavonols like quercetin and fisetin), while antioxidants in vitro, appear to act as prooxidants in vivo. Hepatotoxicity is seen with very high doses of sulforaphane and green tea, Nrf2 inducing flavonoids like quercetin are mutagenic, and Nrf2 inducing polyphenols resveratrol, baicalein, and genistein are genotoxic at high, non-physiological doses. With the hormetins, dose certainly makes the poison, which is why low doses of a variety of Nrf2 inducers, focusing especially on the more potent ones that might have more specificity for Keap1-Nrf2 interactions, is wise.

Thanks for sharing the adverse events seen with chronic Andrographis use. Neem and creosote appear to be still worse.

I haven't seen any reports of strong adverse effects with carnosic acid, curcumin or fisetin, then again their low usage (carnosic acid/carnosol from rosemary & sage), bioavailability (curcumin) or concentration in foods (strawberries have only 16mg / 100g fisetin) may keep dosing in the hormetic range. As rosemary extracts are an approved food preservative, they've gone through pretty extensive safety studies up to chronic daily administration 5g/kg of 15% diterpene extract to rats, with negligible adverse events. In a human trial, curcumin appeared safe up to 8g/day. I haven't found much safety info on fisetin. Pamela Maher's group (which has done the most interesting studies on fisetin, and holds a bunch of related patents) chronically feeds rats 0.05% wt/wt in chow.

Edited by Darryl, 06 September 2013 - 08:56 PM.

• like x 1

#144 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

I'm thinking that the fisetin and the polyphenols I am ingesting through juicing should be the ticket in my regimen. There are no adverse side effects from taking fisetin from what I can tell.

#145 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

I thought it would be important to include this for reference from this thread http://www.longecity...rum/topic/56862

I did not complete that post above before I ran out of time to edit it. Here is a more complete version. I hope a moderator can delete that post above, the 2nd post in the thread. thx.

------------------

The objective of this post is to provide Gene-level evidence that TNF has associations, in multiple and different ways, to Genes that are thought to play a role vis-a-vis Longevity.

It contains a draft list of Longevity-related genes, one study link showing that the gene is thought to be important for aging, and one study link showing that TNF has some association with the gene. I haven't attempted to provide a link to the study which is the most important to either association... The only point here is to say that, in some way, through multiple associations with Genes, TNF appears to be important.

In this thread, I hope we can figure out more about how it is important...

Longevity-Related Gene - TNF Association Study Evidence

FOXO - Longevity
FOXO - TNF

CETP - Longevity
CETP - TNF

SIRT1 - Longevity
SIRT1 - TNF

Adiponectin - Longevity
Adiponectin - TNF

Klotho - Longevity
Klotho - TNF

C1Q - Longevity
C1Q - TNF

P53 - Longevity
P53 - TNF

IL-6 - Longevity
IL-6 - TNF

IGF1 – Longevity
IGF1 - TNF

AKT1 - Longevity
AKT1 - TNF

I hope I got all those links right. Again, the point here is to demonstrate the association of TNF to some genes that are thought to have an effect on Longevity.

More posts soon about other "layers of evidence" related to the importance of TNF.

I think it is interesting that these can be dealt with by supplementation:

FOXO - EVOO
CETP - Bilberry Extract
SIRT1 - Resveratrol
Adiponectin - Raspberry Ketones
Klotho - Phosphate and vitamine D reduction. (There seems to be doubt that Klotho is involved in longevity)
C1Q - C60-OO
P53 - Resveratrol
IL6 - Omega-3
IGF1 - EVOO
AKT1- Resveratrol

Edited by solarfingers, 25 September 2013 - 04:21 PM.

• like x 4

#146 Jackemeyer

• 16 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:48 AM

I have created this matrix based on the SENS Organization's "A Reimagined Research Strategy for Aging." The idea is to identify supplements that will act as prevention or reversal of the 7 areas as suggested by SENS to have the greatest impact on aging. I have chosen the following supplements based upon a cursory search on the internet.

Over the years (since 2002), had you seen the data collection and extensive spreadsheets of regimens and lab tests, made publicly available here?

I am presenting it for discussion and refining. Please feel free to recommend supplements I have not included and provide any citations that you believe will support any claims. This is a working document and I expect that it will be changed and revised based upon community input.

Glad to see such passionate work, though this thread ends in September 2013 (progressed to your blog maybe)?
I will search there, since I am interested in knowing what is your name and reputation, soarfinger.
I found a picture of your eye and your hairs, and identified your age (I'm 36, nice to meet you).

(I am posting this same original writing at three spots in Longecity. "You've seen one, you've seen them all three.")

Though Aubrey has refused to advocate preventative measures in the shared quest of making negligible the mechanisms-of-aging-as-we-know-it, his brilliant engineering project nevertheless aids the prevention-minded. Your questions and many on this forum regarding regimens are important in our minds too, as we appreciate and follow a similar approach at Live120Plus.

Our project, now a far expansion of the above link (and approaching 2 years of funded progress) is based on the premise that if you embrace and practice every one of the hundreds of activities in every area of human health and longevity science, which research has shown in a mammalian or human study to reduce the risk of or to ameliorate one or more human diseases, disorders or dysfunctions or to actually increase healthful longevity, then you may well be able to remain in good function until 120 years of age (given that you are not already dysfunctional or diseased when you begin and that you carefully avoid unnecessary overt risks to your person and your health).

At this time we are in greatest need of:
1) several more health/longevity scientific literature researchers/writers and
2) a website developer.

However, such people must also be longevists practicing one or more currently proposed health/longevity methods and fully willing to make all their practices and health test parameters open to subscribing clients of Live120Plus, as is the case for all current team members. If you can help us to find such people, that would greatly accelerate our progress. We function as a team (partners and associates) with input from everyone and pay a combination of salary plus investment in the project.
Thanks in advance for reviewing our site (in progress).
Jack

-------More intro detail, below-------
Our premise is based on the simple logic that if you constantly work to increase the age of onset of each and every disease, disorder and dysfunction that might become the effective cause of your death, then it is not clear that and how you will ever die (although clearly the accumulation of cellular damage is such that with currently available approaches, not all such mortalities can be indefinitely delayed).

I invite you to have a look at the summary descriptions of our approach on the website http://Live120Plus.com which will eventually hold all the regimens of recommendations, reasoning behind our recommendations, journal references for all recommendations, and client individualized regimen data, test results, etc. Note that "registration" is not yet implemented, but that all top left menu pages are publicly accessible. The details of these summary regimen descriptions are being researched, organized and written on a development private wiki (LERDIT.org) and will be transferred to Live120Plus when sufficiently complete to attract and benefit subscription clients.

• like x 1

#147 biochemie

• 94 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:32 AM

Hey guys, sorry to interrupt the the thread but i've read about C60oo many times... where do we get it?
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#148 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:43 PM

Hey guys, sorry to interrupt the the thread but i've read about C60oo many times... where do we get it?

Biochemie,

There are plenty of threads on Longecity dealing with your question.  You need only perform a search.

:)

• Cheerful x 1

#149 MercyBuckets

• 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:15 AM

The choice by the researchers seemed to be a bit arbitrary and not comprehensive in seeking out supplements which are most effective in the areas they chose. I do believe that the study gives strength to my methodology. I propose the following to be essential supplements toward effecting the SENS targets. Juicing raw vegetables is also precident. In concert with these supplements juicing (masticating juicer) will provide the body with essential minerals, enzymes and nutrients.

B50 complex
Iiodine
NAC
Lithium (low dosage)
Zinc
Blueberry Extract
Alpha Lipoic Acid
ALCAR
Coenzyme Q10
Vitamine C
DHEA (If you are older than 45)
Resveratrol
EGCG
Vitamine D3
Fisetin
Fish Oil
Olive Leaf Extract
L-Carnosine
PQQ
SAMe
Aspirin

Hi everyone, 

First of all, thanks for the great work here! I'm using this guide along with Vince G's top 10 supplements post from a few years ago to put together my "live forever" regiment. ;) (Goal: Live as long as possible, certainly until we get some nanotech floating around that can really fix our whole problem of dying.)

A few questions, comments, etc.:

- What is Iiodine? (I assume Iodine?) - Neither is on the first page list. 

- Next, the big one. What sort of selection process did you use here? Because if we're looking for coverage across the 11 realms, with a selection criterion of having a 3A (or nearest) scoring for all of them, it looks like we can cover it with a base regiment of: 

Lithium

L-Cars

c60-eVOO

Aspirin

Alpha Lipoic Acid

Resveratrol

With those 6, it looks like everything is covered, at least once. Some multiple times. 

I ask this for a few reasons. First, cost. I live in France, and getting things like Fiseton (only in the LEF Resveratrol?) and SAMe are insanely expensive. Well, rather than eating some local strawberries.

The second is that I'd like to mitigate risk. I'm OK with being a guinea pig but we can all agree we're not sure the long-term effects some of this stuff has on us. 

Basically, how can we justify adding more coverage here on a cost vs. benefit ratio, and also as a risk vs. benefit ratio?

Thanks again!

MB 

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#150 solarfingers

• Topic Starter
  • 440 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:20 PM

MB, Yes Iodine... useful for intercellular function.  From what I understand it helps mitochondria burn intracellular junk as fuel.

Well as to your second question... the methodology isn't that rock solid and was kind of subjective based upon what information I was finding in things like Pubmed, ect.. , at the time.  I think it would be a good practice to mix things up so that the body does not get overly accustomed to the supplements and lose their effectiveness.  There is no proven regimen so I would go with the one that makes you feel the best.  I'm not sure what risk you are referring to. Most everything on the list is safe in moderation.  I believe I noted any concerns in the spreadsheet.

I enjoyed doing the research and may get back to it when my current fascination fades.  I'm glad you find it useful.

Thanks! Bob 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supplementation, sens organization, 7 targets, nootropic, telomeres

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By