• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Myspace.com group: Forever Young

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#31 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:34 PM

Awesome job Mrfesta. You have probably reached more people than anyone else at Imminst. Keep up the good work.

#32 kevin

• Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:04 AM

we (humans) won't be bound by morality..

it is a common proofreading mistake but definitely one that can lead to misunderstanding.. ;)

You are certainly one of the most dedicated people I know Jeff.. keep it up!

#33 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 02:40 PM

The "forever young - join group" thingie... If you wish for asking any design, feel free.

-Infernity

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:12 AM

As people have said, the myspace group:

-plants the seed in thousands of peoples heads. (I saw an idea, it might have been in here, that people are more likely to believe that an idea is valid if they’ve heard it from 3 or more sources that are independent of each other.)

-converts people to life extension, even if most of these people dont or are incapable of becoming enthusiastic life extension supporters, many are capable of being converted to the doctrine, and from them, as quoted from a book on propaganda, "From ten followers one can have scarcely more than two members."

-could flood imminst with way to many low quality messages. If the myspace group does start flooding in dozens or hundreds of annoying uninformed rude types of message board rubble fillers to imminst, they could be redirected and moved to a specific section in imminst or we could get more people from here to go to the myspace group and help scrape out a few members here and there from there. I know, most people from here dont have time to do it, or have higher priorities to divulge their skills in, from what Ive found from working with groups, it only takes a handful of consistent pertinent members to keep the ideas flowing in the right direction.

-might not be worthwhile. As to it being rather insignificant in terms of making a dent in life extension progress,... I cant decide, on the one hand people may pay such glancing attention to it that it hardly does anything, and maybe out of 10,000 my space members only 200 actually even read something as simple as the intro. On the other hand, maybe they all read into it a lot more. They all know people, people talk, we're all said to be separated by 7 or less people.

Who knows, maybe myspace really starts raking in the followers. Myspace is after all very big, maybe even the most visited site on the internet from the hype I hear.

#35 liorrh

• Guest, F@H
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:40 AM

I just joined. good idea and disscussions.

#36 mrfesta

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 06:40 PM

thanks for the support

I've re designed the page layout yet again, so hopfully its an improvement and not a step back. The difficulty lies in that you are given only 1 page to work with.

Edited by mrfesta, 13 January 2006 - 09:37 PM.

#37 mrfesta

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:48 PM

Update
# of Members: 7,165

If all goes well, soon I will have a system down and the capacity to send out 3,500 messages daily to Myspace users. I will be able to choose market segments based on any criteria Myspace offers (Age, location, gender, members of specific groups etc.).

With that in mind I need help developing the message to be sent. My thoughts are that it should be least spam-like as possible. Frankly, I don't know what it should include so any ideas/suggestions are welcome.

However, one idea I have would be to develop a poll (possibly ImmInst sponsored) that gauges public opinion on the topic of life extension. Then the messages will take a tone of a harmless survey; is interactive, and would provide a first impression of the meme. Links to further information and possibly a free download of the ImmInst film (courtesy of Google videos: Google Videos) could be incorporated.
Of course the poll will need to be well written, designed and organized which due to lack of experience, is out of my league.

Edited by mrfesta, 14 January 2006 - 12:27 AM.

#38 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:51 PM

Great job on the MySpace group! The forum over there has some good conversations. It appears to be a good place for people who are uninformed to ask questions and get answers.

I heard the other day that MySpace is the #2 website (in terms of daily visitors) on the internet (behind Google, of course). This seems like a terrific medium to reach people.

If you go to the "Health, Wellness, Fitness" category of groups (here is a link) the group is in the #6 spot in terms of total members, and about 1000 people away from moving up another spot (at least at the moment I am posting this).

Again, Great job!

[thumb]

#39 mrfesta

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:11 AM

Great job on the MySpace group! The forum over there has some good conversations. It appears to be a good place for people who are uninformed to ask questions and get answers.

I heard the other day that MySpace is the #2 website (in terms of daily visitors) on the internet (behind Google, of course). This seems like a terrific medium to reach people.

If you go to the "Health, Wellness, Fitness" category of groups (here is a link) the group is in the #6 spot in terms of total members, and about 1000 people away from moving up another spot (at least at the moment I am posting this).

Again, Great job!

[thumb]

Thank you :). I expect the group to have 9,000 members and ranked #4 in that category by the end of the month.

#40 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:26 AM

Then the messages will take a tone of a harmless survey; is interactive, and would provide a first impression of the meme

Sounds great. Remember, we immortalists can't afford "out my your league"s ;-) Post your draft here and we'll be happy to take it apart. Google video sound indeed like something one should consider for imminst film in general. Thank you for what you did.

#41 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:44 AM

Thank you :).  I expect the group to have 9,000 members and ranked #4 in that category by the end of the month.

Nice!

It looks like the overall rank of the group is 548 at the moment (although they gain members every time I reload the page it seems like) out of more than 164,000 groups making it in the top 1% (in the top 0.3% to be more exact). If you get up to the 9,000 member vicinity, it will put it in about the 470s overall (and like you said #4 in the Health category).

Excellent, excellent job of spreading the word!!

You da man!!

[lol] [lol]

#42 mrfesta

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 05:40 AM

Update
# of Members: 10,051

I have added Aubrey's 60 minute interview and the one done in Canada to the group page.

#43 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:31 PM

sweet, over 10,000!

only 3500 till you move up another slot in the category. (ok, so that is a lot)

I am liking the discussion over on the message board for the group page.

:)

#44 alexjohnc3

• 25 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:19 PM

This is all I have to say about MySpace.

#45 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:22 PM

Good one alexjohnc3. Funny. What is that song used for the background music? Do you know?

#46 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:10 AM

I...can help there. :) It's by the Venga Boys! And that appears to be "master shake" from the cartoon Aqua Teen Hunger Force dancing around.

#47 th3hegem0n

• 379 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:35 PM

Holy crap.

10,000 is a big number.

That's pretty amazing. Good job mrfesta. Want to hit facebook now?

[sfty]

#48 th3hegem0n

• 379 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:40 PM

Current prize amount of $3,209,291!

[pic]

Mouse Prize

Maybe say "Methusela Mouse Prize" instead of just mouse prize. The large amount of prize money that doesn't look like arbitrary spam might attract one's attention.

#49 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:59 PM

Great job there! Keep on the good work!

-Infernity

#50 mrfesta

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:07 PM

Current prize amount of $3,209,291!

[pic]

Mouse Prize

Maybe say "Methusela Mouse Prize" instead of just mouse prize. The large amount of prize money that doesn't look like arbitrary spam might attract one's attention.

Done. Thank you for the feedback/critique.

#51 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:20 PM

Want to hit facebook now?

[sfty]

[thumb]

#52 th3hegem0n

• 379 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 04:33 PM

Pretty amazing effect here. In just 24 hours there are 100+ people that have joined the group (of over 10 freakin thousand already)

Just goes to show what a few hours of dedicated work can do to push the world one step closer to eliminating death.

I second my previous comment, GOOD JOB!!

hehe [lol]

#53 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 09:00 PM

I see many posts here, and all over the immist boards, that creating more members will be bad because they will most likely not be into it as much as we are, and more than not hinder things here.

What is this place though? Maybe 1,000 active members strong? Life extension isnt a clan, its a way of life, we need way way way way way way way way more members than are here now, and we can have them, if we go find them, as mr. festa and others have. (No credit taken away from bruce, aubrey and others as Im sure theyve done plenty as is evident.)

Anyways, keep trying to build membership for this place people. Telling one person about this a year is way good. Mr. Festa tells like, 3,000 or more a month about this. In my opinion, hes just as valuable as Aubrey and Bruce themselves.

Meme on, the world needs to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#54 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 11:46 PM

I see many posts here, and all over the immist boards, that creating more members will be bad because they will most likely not be into it as much as we are, and more than not hinder things here.

What is this place though? Maybe 1,000 active members strong? Life extension isnt a clan, its a way of life, we need way way way way way way way way more members than are here now, and we can have them, if we go find them, as mr. festa and others have.  (No credit taken away from bruce, aubrey and others as Im sure theyve done plenty as is evident.)

Anyways, keep trying to build membership for this place people. Telling one person about this a year is way good. Mr. Festa tells like, 3,000 or more a month about this. In my opinion, hes just as valuable as Aubrey and Bruce themselves.

Meme on, the world needs to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree wholeheartedly! The more people reached the better. We need more good ideas like this!

:)

#55 mrfesta

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 11:51 PM

Update: Does anyone want to take over moderation of the group? I will give you the username and password and you can make any changes you see fit. I have just become overwhelmed with classes this semester and don't have time to moderate it.

If interested just PM me.

• Lurker

Posted 08 April 2006 - 11:54 PM

Any Navigators interested?

#57 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:15 AM

I'd be interested. I'm a long-time myspace user and I have some extra time to devote to it. Looking at the group right now, it could definitely use some tidying up.

#58 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:18 AM

Please keep us updated, Shawn.

#59 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:41 AM

It looks like the group has 11,345 members, and is still ranked 4th (in terms of total number of members) in the "Health, Wellness, Fitness" section, which is pretty impressive. Jeff (mrfesta) has done a wonderful job of building up the membership through the use of programs that message MySpace members, etc. There have been a number of fairly interesting conversations in the forums there as well. (many taking on the form of educating those who do not know much about life extension)

#60 mrfesta

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 01:04 AM

I'd be interested.  I'm a long-time myspace user and I have some extra time to devote to it.  Looking at the group right now, it could definitely use some tidying up.

I have passed on the log in information. Thanks for the help and let me know if you need anything =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users