• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Myspace.com group: Forever Young

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#61 mrfesta

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:08 PM

Just wanted mention liveforever22 has updated the myspace group layout =)
Check it out http://groups.myspace.com/4everyoung

#62 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:46 PM

Looks sweet. Great job liveforever22!!!

#63 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:42 PM

thanks, but it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. I was trying to edit the html in an html editor, and then copy and paste it over, but evidently Myspace doesn't translate html exactly correct.

Among other things, I wanted to put in this type of Mprize link (that you can scroll over and changes color, and it automatically keeps up with the prize amount so you don't have to manually enter it, plus I thought the mouse was cute) but evidently Myspace doesn't support iframe's:

sponsored ad

• Advert

#64 rjws

• 143 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 01:11 PM

Just bumping this so it can be seen and its other tasks that were done so that everyone knows that myspace is owned:)

#65 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:16 PM

I believe that is "pwned"

#66 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:23 PM

I like this:

Posted Image

Bad ass Live Forever! You rock, and pwn!

#67 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:28 PM

The goth market would be big on immortality. Let's hit up some goths.

#68 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 10:28 AM

Since the myspace group seems to totally kick ass, are we using similar approach in other social networks? We could use pretty much the same layout in all of them, added with a little personal touch.

http://en.wikipedia....orking_websites

The country specific networks can be addressed by people from that particular country. I'll try to see what we already have at IRC-galleria (Finnish social network, mostly 12-20 year olds though) and what we can do more.

This is what I am talking about with massive bombardment of memespace!

#69 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:20 AM

Furthermore, as the myspace group might be even the main recruiting channel at the moment (I can't believe I have somehow managed to miss that), we should encourage participation of ImmInst members there a bit more. That group is the intermediary between ignorance and active life extension participation. Do you we have enough people there who are willing to attack the usual and repeated questions about life extension and immortalism?

#70 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:36 PM

I moderated and posted in the myspace group for a few months, with some success. The active forums contained some good info and discussions. Sadly, I ran out of free time and no longer delete spam and such things.

#71 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:40 PM

I went on last night and deleted a bunch of spam. I should do it more, seeing as how some MySpace members have a hobby of spamming groups, it seems.

#72 AdamDavis

• 539 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:48 AM

www.myspace.com/technohead3d

:p

#73 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:44 AM

Looks good. I setup a myspace page recently and sent a request to join the group.

Just one question... the pic that says: I demand to know ... why die?

The female looks like a "gothic" and goths are usually associated with a will for early death.

#74 kylyssa

• 340 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 06:33 PM

Looks good. I setup a myspace page recently and sent a request to join the group.

Just one question... the pic that says: I demand to know ... why die?

The female looks like a "gothic" and goths are usually associated with a will for early death.

Or an obsession with vampires. Or they are poseurs. Goth is seen as cool, sexy, a little bit dangerous. The image will attract men, boys, and some girls and women.

Perhaps Goths are giving death the finger by associating with death images.

#75 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:21 AM

I think you should rotate the image. Ie have a surf saying it one refresh... a jock the next, a hip hop guy, a stay at home mum, a tech savvy kid and so on.

Edited by caston, 10 January 2007 - 02:35 AM.

#76 braz

• 147 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:26 AM

Looks good but please remove the picture of the goth ;)

#77 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:33 AM

I mentioned somewhere in an earlier thread that the goth/rivet chick would be fun, but only attractive to a fairly narrow audience. That decadent gothic culture which has declined since it's mid to late 90's heyday would be interested in eternal youth, prettiness, etc.

I'd say keep it, cause I like it ;) but whatever. It's a myspace page, it will never look very attractive.

edit- I meant, of course, that decadent facet of goth culture who are well into vampires, nice clothes, and living a hedonistic existance - not mall rats and teenaged Marilyn Manson fans.

Edited by mitkat, 10 January 2007 - 02:50 AM.

#78 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:47 AM

Goths are cute, the ones who hang out around city hall usually just stand around and look pretty, not much to talk to though, there's only so much angst a man really cares enough to listen to.

#79 braz

• 147 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:35 AM

I think you should rotate the image. Ie have a surf saying it one refresh... a jock the next, a hip hop guy, a stay at home mum, a tech savvy kid and so on.

This would actually be perfect since it would appeal to a much broader audience.

#80 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:05 AM

Thanks Braz, perhaps it could be a pic of a member (or even famous person with their permission) with their own personal blurb like on the right hand side of MIT OCW.

http://ocw.mit.edu/index.html

Edited by caston, 10 January 2007 - 07:28 AM.

#81 Aegist

• Guest Shane
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:34 AM

Crazy. Over 13,000 members, first page of Health fitness and exercise group. That is GOOD press. I only just registered for the first time too...

#82 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 04:51 PM

Have created a beautiful account.

http://myspace.com/evil_jailbait

Will join.

-Infernity

#83 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:07 PM

Hello all :-)

Could someone in the 'know' contact me about how I could put a page/pic/or link to my book for pre-teens/teens (about cryonics, ending aging, space travel an adventure sci-fi "21 Century Kids") on the Forever Young myspace site? Or some notification... it will be available in March... I just am not too savvy with myspace :-)

I'm a 300 Mprize member, an Alcor member and lifetime ImmInst member (where do the cute stamps come from?) ;-)

this is my myspace line:

http://profile.myspa...endid=120444047

or you could pm me here at ImmInst

Thanks! :-) Shannon Vyff

#84 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:44 AM

Hey Shannon ;) What a nice name! Thanks for the friend request, you are wonderful! I put ye on my top friends there ;)

Yours
-Infernity

#85 Shannon Vyff

• 3,897 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:53 PM

you are very cool yourself--dude I've had kids-and I'm 31 and all like-wow aging might not be conquered in time for me...

so I love seeing intelligent younger people here--dedicated to bringing about change! Thanks (oh and your site, rocks!)

#86 Normal Dan

• 112 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:15 PM

Is this group still active? With people or a bunch of adverts? I have a MySpace account and am looking to join some quality immortality groups. Does anyone here visit this group often? How does it compare to this message board?

#87 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:43 PM

The myspace message board started out pretty good but then devolved as no one was able to moderate it on a consistent basis. Now it is a lot of adverts and spam. It could be managed well again should someone want to take up the cause, however, Zoolander is going to start up a new myspace page so maybe our efforts should support the new page instead of ressurect the old.

#88 Shannon Vyff

• 3,897 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:08 PM

please post any links here--to new groups that develop ;)

#89 dracoma

• Guest, F@H
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:58 PM

I just joined the myspace group, and it actually seems to be pretty heavily populated! Seems like it's not all the highest quality of members, but good nonetheless.

www.myspace.com/dracoma if any other fellow people would like a good friend for their myspace. Who knows, friends can last a lifetime (no matter how long that may be!)

#90 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2007 - 04:56 AM

Have created a beautiful account.

http://myspace.com/evil_jailbait

Will join.

-Infernity

Twenty years old my ass young lady! [tung]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users