- - - - -

L-Tyrosine & NADH Benefits and Health Risks

l-tyrosine nadh stack combo health risks benefits synergy research safety

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jacob Norris

• 52 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:52 AM

Recently I've been attempting to research how safe it is to stack L-Tyrosine with NADH (Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide)
However, I can't seem to find very much regarding anything about the 2 together!!!

My understanding is that NADH aids in the synthesis of L-Tyrosine to L-Dopa.
If this is the case, then there should be a synergy between the two.

But I can't be certain, so I have 2 questions:

1. How effective are the 2 together? (and at what dosages?)
2. How safe is stacking the 2 together?

If there is anything that needs to be said about the 2, (including health risks with stacking these products with any other well-known nootropics) please feel free to enlighten me and the community!

Thanks!

#2 Jacob Norris

• Topic Starter
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:25 AM

I'm beginning to think that even supplementing NADH wouldn be a bad idea. However, I am interested in naturally upping the NAD/NADH ratio instead of just adding more NADH.

http://www.longecity...-nadnadh-ratio/

Let me know what you all think!

This is also interesting:

http://www.longecity...-nadnadh-ratio/

[reference='']There is also the possibility that aspartic acid will increase the NAD/NADH ratio: trans-aminization will convert aspartic acid to oxolacetic acid, and it is more stable than the later. This has not been tested in vivo, but some Krebs Cycle charts do show the two as acting at the same point in the cycle.

Another amino acid that has been found to increase the NAD ratio is l-serine. I found this claim in a patent search, where the effect was claimed to be found only when l-serine was combine with caffeine. If it does indeed inrease the NAD/NADH ratio, it acts at a different point in the KREBS cycle involving alcohol-dehydrogense. The patent was for a method to speed the metabolization of alcohol and prevent ill effects from alcohol by speeding its metabolization.. The suggested dose was 2 grams of l-serine with 200 mg of caffeine. It was claimed to prevent "Asian Flush" and I believe is intended to be marketed to Japanese men so they can drink more.

Methylene blue oxidizes NADH into NAD*, and increases the NAD/NADH ratio.** However , the effect on longevity was seen at very low concentrations, and the human dose that have been suggested range from 60 mcg (micro-grams) to one drop of a 2% solution. There is a thread on this http://www.imminst.o...=methylene blue .

So far, in Spindler's longevity test on mice, he mentioned in a talk that he is seeing good results from oxolacetic acid.

*Appl Environ Microbiol. 1985 December; 50(6): 1368-1374
Effect of reducing-equivalent disposal and NADH/NAD on deamination of amino acids by intact rumen microorganisms and their cell extracts.
T Hino and J B Russell

**FASEB J. 2008 Mar;22(3):703-12. Epub 2007 Oct 10.
Methylene blue delays cellular senescence and enhances key
mitochondrial biochemical pathways.
Atamna H, Nguyen A, Schultz C, Boyle K, Newberry J, Kato H, Ames BN[/reference]

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 BioFreak

• 541 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

increasing dopamine might be a bad idea due to its metabolites toxicity. tyrosine uses up sulfur in the body, the higher you dose it, the stronger the sulfur depletion... If you want more dopaminergic effects, why not stick to the uridine stack?

#4 Jacob Norris

• Topic Starter
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

That's on my nootropic stack and I've actually been reading up on it the last 3 hours! haha

I'm really considering removing l-tyrosine (or at least minimizing the dosage) and most definitely NADH.

BioFreak, do you happen to know if the urdidine stack interferes with 5-HTP?

#5 BioFreak

• 541 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

5-htp is nasty stuff, given a high enough dosage and long enough exposure it can lower dopamine massively, resulting in adhd like symptoms, depression, impotence, etc... I would not touch it unless I'd be very depressive. If you take 5-htp, you would have to take tyosine, if you take tyrosine, you would have to take cysteine and cofactors... it *could* be relatively save in low dosages, but there are better supplements out there that actually help your brain (i.e. uridine stack).
So I would not take either 5-htp or tyrosine regularly unless, like I said, I'd have severe depression. And if I would, I would use neuroassists protocol (5htp, tyrosine, cysteine, and cofactors).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#6 Jacob Norris

• Topic Starter
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

Beautiful.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: l-tyrosine, nadh, stack, combo, health, risks, benefits, synergy, research, safety

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users