- - - - -

Recommend me a diet

diet gym beginner healthy

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Sharkman

• 10 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

I've read about so many diets on the internet, and I'm just really unsure where to start.

A bit of background information about me:

I'm 23 year old male, and for most of my life; I've pretty much lived off junk food and rarely eaten vegetables. I've been able to get away with this because I have a really fast metabolism (very easy to lose weight, and hard to gain it)

Over the last couple of months I've started eating some vegetables, and cut out a lot of processed foods, but I feel as though my diet is far from optimal at the moment.

My goals and activity level:

I do cardio a few times a week at the gym (HIIT) and I'm looking to start weight training soon.

Apart from going to the gym, my activity levels are fairly low. I work on a computer for about 8-9 hours a day, and probably go for about a 30 minute walk per day.

I'm about 5'9" and my weight fluctuates between 140-150 lbs.

So I'm looking for a diet that would help to facilitate a healthy weight (I think gaining a bit of weight would be helpful) and provide me with stable energy levels throughout the day.

Looking forward to any responses.

#2 theconomist

• 314 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

http://www.methusela...223&postcount=5

I like Michael Pollan's mantra about diet: Eat food, not too much, mostly plants.
This forum is filled with discussion about which foods to include or exclude from your diet, start with the link I posted and happy reading =)

Edited by theconomist, 28 November 2013 - 05:25 PM.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

Posted Image
  • dislike x 3
  • like x 2

#4 mrd1

• 460 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

Make most of your meal vegetables and fruits – ½ of your plate:
Aim for color and variety, and remember that potatoes don’t count as vegetables on the Healthy Eating Plate because of their negative impact on blood sugar.

Go for whole grains – ¼ of your plate:
Whole and intact grains—whole wheat, barley, wheat berries, quinoa, oats, brown rice, and foods made with them, such as whole wheat pasta—have a milder effect on blood sugar and insulin than white bread, white rice, and other refined grains.

Protein power – ¼ of your plate:
Fish, chicken, beans, and nuts are all healthy, versatile protein sources—they can be mixed into salads, and pair well with vegetables on a plate. Limit red meat, and avoid processed meats such as bacon and sausage.

Healthy plant oils – in moderation:
Choose healthy vegetable oils like olive, canola, soy, corn, sunflower, peanut, and others, and avoid partially hydrogenated oils, which contain unhealthy trans fats. Remember that low-fat does not mean “healthy.”

Drink water, coffee, or tea:
Skip sugary drinks, limit milk and dairy products to one to two servings per day, and limit juice to a small glass per day.

Stay active:
The red figure running across the Healthy Eating Plate’s placemat is a reminder that staying active is also important in weight control.
http://www.hsph.harv...y-eating-plate/

Easy. Simple. Evidence Based. From Harvard. Good enough for me.
  • dislike x 3
  • like x 1

#5 DePaw

• 239 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:06 PM

Posted Image
  • dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#6 theconomist

• 314 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

Even if you don't want to go on a vegan diet, protein (and animal protein more so)should be limited.

As for the plant oils mrd1 listed, none of them are ''healthy'' besides olive oil and should be avoided.
  • like x 1

#7 misterE

• 1,035 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

Starch-based diet! Foods like whole-grains, beans, potatoes, flour-products, vegetables and fruits, should form the majority of the diet.

Out of all the possible fuel sources for the body (protein, fat, sugar or starch), which do you think is the best option? The answer is so obvious when you think of food in terms of fuel for the body. The answer of course is starch or complex-carbohydrates, high in fiber and low in fat.

Starch-based diets are the only diets shown to reverses diabetes and atherosclerosis and halt prostate-cancer, as the work of Nathan Pritikin, Caldwell Esselstyn and Dean Ornish show.

Basically you want to lop off the top three boxes of the pyramid and eat from the bottom three.

Posted Image

Edited by misterE, 01 December 2013 - 09:45 PM.

• dislike x 3
  • like x 2

#8 timar

• 768 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

Don't let yourself be taken in by either the vegan or the paleo propaganda. I don't know which diet pyramid is worse - that posted by DePaw or that posted by misterE. Steer clear of such ideologically biased advice and jump over to the Harvard Nutrition Source, which provides tons of valuable and scientifically accurate information on nutrition. It is based on current nutritional science and not on some ideologic preconceptions.

If you are looking for a more ambitious approach, which is based on the same principles and generally in line with the advice given on the Nutrition Source, but encompasses more avant-garde science on inflammation and longevity, I recommend Andrew Weil's Anti-Inflammatory Diet.

Dr. Weil himself is a vegetarian - yet he doesn't discourage the consumption of limited amounts of meat, because there would be no scientific basis for such a recommendation. This is the very attitude which discerns a professional scientist from an ideologist guru like Ornish or Atkins.

Edited by timar, 03 December 2013 - 09:38 AM.

• dislike x 3
  • like x 3

#9 timar

• 768 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:52 AM

Isn't it remarkable that the only post so far which gives reasonable advice got downvoted twice? Seems like ideologists from both camps don't like objective science. Or what do you think, mrd1? ;)

Choose healthy vegetable oils like olive, canola, soy, corn, sunflower, peanut, and others, and avoid partially hydrogenated oils, which contain unhealthy trans fats. Remember that low-fat does not mean “healthy.”

There's one caveat though, when it comes to the recommendations given by the Nutrition Source. They unfortunately don't discern between healthy vegetable oils, which contain predominantly monounsaturated fatty acids, and those which contain predominantly omega-6 fatty acids for which there is limited evidence that they are actually unhealthy in high amounts.

Olive and canola oil are perfectly healthy choices, but to be on the safe side you want to avoid the other ones, particulary corn and sunflower oil, which can disturb the balance between omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids in your diet.

Edited by timar, 03 December 2013 - 10:02 AM.

• like x 3

#10 Deep Thought

• 224 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:53 AM

Starch-based diet! Foods like whole-grains, beans, potatoes, flour-products, vegetables and fruits, should form the majority of the diet.

Out of all the possible fuel sources for the body (protein, fat, sugar or starch), which do you think is the best option? The answer is so obvious when you think of food in terms of fuel for the body. The answer of course is starch or complex-carbohydrates, high in fiber and low in fat.

Starch-based diets are the only diets shown to reverses diabetes and atherosclerosis and halt prostate-cancer, as the work of Nathan Pritikin, Caldwell Esselstyn and Dean Ornish show.

Basically you want to lop off the top three boxes of the pyramid and eat from the bottom three.

Posted Image

And yet starch is not an essential nutrient. Dietary carbs are not essential for human survival. Of course that's not saying one shouldn't eat carbs. Good sources of complex carbs usually contain vitamin b and selenium, so there's a reason to eat carbs.

Isn't it remarkable that the only post so far which gives reasonable advice got downvoted twice? Seems like ideologists from both camps don't like objective science. Or what do you think, mrd1? ;)

Posted Imagemrd1, on 01 December 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

There's one caveat though, when it comes to the recommendations given by the Nutrition Source. They unfortunately don't discern between healthy vegetable oils, which contain predominantly monounsaturated fatty acids, and those which contain predominantly omega-6 fatty acids for which there is limited evidence that they are actually unhealthy in high amounts.

Olive and canola oil are perfectly healthy choices, but to be on the safe side you want to avoid the other ones, particulary corn and sunflower oil, which can disturb the balance between omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids in your diet.

Olive oil contains bioactive compounds such as oleocanthal (ibuprofen-like antiinflammatory, causes throat burns) and oleuropein (which increases thermogenesis) in addition to having a neat balance of healthy fatty acids.

I've seen several people mention that a large intake of PUFAs is detrimental as well, even omega-3 fatty acids. I haven't researched it yet so I can't say for sure.

As theconomist mentioned, protein intake should be limited. Humans don't require nearly as much protein as previously thought, so there's probably no danger in lowering protein intake slightly. Especially, you should lower methionine intake as tumors consume that amino acid to grow.

Speaking of low-protein intake, that may actually be the reason that the CRON-diet is good for longevity.

Edited by Deep Thought, 03 December 2013 - 11:04 AM.

• like x 1

#11 theconomist

• 314 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

Don't let yourself be taken in by either the vegan or the paleo propaganda. I don't know which diet pyramid is worse - that posted by DePaw or that posted by misterE. Steer clear of such ideologically biased advice and jump over to the Harvard Nutrition Source, which provides tons of valuable and scientifically accurate information on nutrition. It is based on current nutritional science and not on some ideologic preconceptions.

If you are looking for a more ambitious approach, which is based on the same principles and generally in line with the advice given on the Nutrition Source, but encompasses more avant-garde science on inflammation and longevity, I recommend Andrew Weil's Anti-Inflammatory Diet.

Dr. Weil himself is a vegetarian - yet he doesn't discourage the consumption of limited amounts of meat, because there would be no scientific basis for such a recommendation. This is the very attitude which discerns a professional scientist from an ideologist guru like Ornish or Atkins.

Timar, that pyramid is VERY well structured, and it's how I used to eat before I became aware of the methionine cancer connection.
Furthermore, I would prefer limiting dairy due to it's casein content.

#12 timar

• 768 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

Olive oil contains bioactive compounds such as oleocanthal (ibuprofen-like antiinflammatory, causes throat burns) and oleuropein (which increases thermogenesis) in addition to having a neat balance of healthy fatty acids.

Of course olive oil has unique health benefits, but unrefined, expeller-pressed canola oil contains highly beneficial compounds too, like specific glucosinolates (which are not nearly as well researched though). It is not a question of either-or: you'll probably do best using both oils.

I've seen several people mention that a large intake of PUFAs is detrimental as well, even omega-3 fatty acids. I haven't researched it yet so I can't say for sure.

I bet you did. That's probably an issue Atkins and Esselstyn would even agree on. All the more reason to be skeptical ;)

As theconomist mentioned, protein intake should be limited. Humans don't require nearly as much protein as previously thought, so there's probably no danger in lowering protein intake slightly. Especially, you should lower methionine intake as tumors consume that amino acid to grow.

Lowering your intake of methionine effectively means lowering the amount of animal protein. That is a sensible advice. Don't forget, however, that in contrast to CR, methionine restriction hasn't been proven to work in Hominides yet. There are possible downsides: methionine is converted to cystein which is turn is a substrate for glutathione synthesis. As glutathione is an even more crucial endogenous antioxidant in Hominides than in other species which synthesize ascorbic acid, I would hesitate to consider permanent methionine restriction (an occasional, MR fast is quite amother matter and may be a good way to upregulate auophagy). Don't forget that from the best epidemiological data we have, vegans seem to have a shorter life expectancy than health-conscious vegetarians or flexitarians.

Timar, that pyramid is VERY well structured, and it's how I used to eat before I became aware of the methionine cancer connection.

What pyramid are you takling about? Dr. Weil's?

I don't think that there is sufficient evidence to support a verdict of guilty on casein (and no, I don't consider the methodological and ideological mess Campbell produced from the China Study as conclusive evidence). There are a lot of reasons to give it the benefit of the doubt, though. Yogurt and high quality cheese (that traditionally produced from pastured dairy) are wholesome foods, if consumed in appropriate amounts.

Edited by timar, 03 December 2013 - 04:00 PM.

• like x 2

#13 theconomist

• 314 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

Of course olive oil has unique health benefits, but unrefined, expeller-pressed canola oil contains highly beneficial compounds too, like specific glucosinolates (which are not nearly as well researched though). It is not a question of either-or: you'll probably do best using both oils.

I bet you did. That's probably an issue Atkins and Esselstyn would even agree on. All the more reason to be skeptical ;)

Lowering your intake of methionine effectively means lowering the amount of animal protein. That is a sensible advice. Don't forget, however, that in contrast to CR, methionine restriction hasn't been proven to work in Hominides yet. There are possible downsides: methionine is converted to cystein which is turn is a substrate for glutathione synthesis. As glutathione is an even more crucial endogenous antioxidant in Hominides than in other species which synthesize ascorbic acid, I would hesitate to consider permanent methionine restriction (an occasional, MR fast is quite amother matter and may be a good way to upregulate auophagy). Don't forget that from the best epidemiological data we have, vegans seem to have a shorter life expectancy than health-conscious vegetarians or flexitarians.

What pyramid are you takling about? Dr. Weil's?

I don't think that there is sufficient evidence to support a verdict of guilty on casein (and no, I don't consider the methodological and ideological mess Campbell produced from the China Study as conclusive evidence). There are a lot of reasons to give it the benefit of the doubt, though. Yogurt and high quality cheese (that traditionally produced from pastured dairy) are wholesome foods, if consumed in appropriate amounts.

Yes I was refering to Dr. Weil's.
Alright set aside casein for a moment and consider methionine; would you also dismiss the studies that point towards methionine restriction being a prudent move until we find out more about the mecanisme behind methionine and cancer? All animal protein is high in methionine, egg whites and fish are the two highest methionine foods out there. Taking just this into account you'd want to limit your animal protein intake (while not eating large amounts of plant protein either).

#14 timar

• 768 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

It's the best food pyramid around IMO. I particulary like that fact that it has dark chocolate at the top ;)

Alright set aside casein for a moment and consider methionine; would you also dismiss the studies that point towards methionine restriction being a prudent move until we find out more about the mecanisme behind methionine and cancer? All animal protein is high in methionine, egg whites and fish are the two highest methionine foods out there. Taking just this into account you'd want to limit your animal protein intake (while not eating large amounts of plant protein either).

As I explained in response to Deep Thought, I don't consider permanent (as opposed to periodic) MR a feasible life extension strategy for humans. There are certain types of cancer which depend on methionine.That makes methionine restriction a promising strategy for cancer treatment, but not necessarily for prevention (there are other essential nutrients cancer cells gorge on, it wouldn't make any sense to try to restrict all of them). IMO you can safely eat a limited amount of animal protein - and get all the good stuff that comes with it - as long as you consume plenty anti-inflammatory and anti-angiogenic phytochemicals. This is why flexitarian tend to outlive vegans.

#15 Jembe

• 92 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

I do best on the ketogenic diet.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#16 theconomist

• 314 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

It's the best food pyramid around IMO. I particulary like that fact that it has dark chocolate at the top ;)

As I explained in response to Deep Thought, I don't consider permanent (as opposed to periodic) MR a feasible life extension strategy for humans. There are certain types of cancer which depend on methionine.That makes methionine restriction a promising strategy for cancer treatment, but not necessarily for prevention (there are other essential nutrients cancer cells gorge on, it wouldn't make any sense to try to restrict all of them). IMO you can safely eat a limited amount of animal protein - and get all the good stuff that comes with it - as long as you consume plenty anti-inflammatory and anti-angiogenic phytochemicals. This is why flexitarian tend to outlive vegans.

Alright, I guess until we find out more about the methionine/cancer connection there is no way to refute your argument; it's a very sensible one.

And not beating around the bush here but:
In what way is this diet not superior to animal diets: high legume (mainly lentils=low methionine) and vegetable intake, moderate fruit intake, moderate nut and olive oil intake.
You talk about ''all the good stuff that come with limited amounts of animal protein'' - what are these?

#17 timar

• 768 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

In what way is this diet not superior to animal diets: high legume (mainly lentils=low methionine) and vegetable intake, moderate fruit intake, moderate nut and olive oil intake.
You talk about ''all the good stuff that come with limited amounts of animal protein'' - what are these?

Well, maybe that was a bit of an overstatement. Or wasn't it? All the vegan propaganda and all the real evidence for the adverse effects of animal products notwithstanding, there is plenty of good stuff in them, too. For example: carnitine (no, carnitine won't cause atherosclerosis - forget that shabby paper by Koeth et al.), carnosine, anserine, taurine, creatine, cysteine, CoQ10, lipoic acid, polyamines, immunoglobulins, albumin, bioactive peptides, BCAA, CLA and, of course, long chain omega 3s and vitamins D and K2 and B12. They are also important sources of B2, choline, zinc and calcium, selenium and iodine - and last but not least the double-edged sword of iron.

While is possible to supplement many of those substances while being on a vegan diet - or to seek out those plant foods which contain meaningful amounts of them - and hypothetically do even better than the flexitarians. That would be the obvious explanation for the statistical longevity advantage of flexitarians: many vegans are not even prudent enough to supplement B12, let alone the other nutrients. And even if they do, they may be deficient in nutrients which are not exclusive to animal food but may be hard to come by on a vegan diet nontheless (like iodine and selenium, for which animal foods are the main source wherever the soil is low in them, because at least the animal feed is supplemented).

However, some of them, like the complex mixture of antioxidant, immune boosting proteins found in dairy (especially in dairy from healthy grass fed cattle, sheep or goats) or beneficial peptides from muscle meat can't be substituted even with the most ambitious vegan supplement stack - and of course there is always the possibility that there may be other compounds with beneficial health effects which haven't even been researched by now or some synergism from the whole food (beware of epistemic arrogance and misplaced reductionism).

I think it is interesting in this regard, that the most recent large-scale epidemiological study on meat consumption found no significant association between mortality from any cause and the consumption of unprocessed meat (yes, even red meat!). That is despite the known adverse effects of high heme iron intake, the fact that virtually all of the meat poeple from the study ate was from industrial mass production, and the decidedly unhealthy way meat is often prepared/charred. If anything, one could come to the conclusion that there have to be some remarkably healthy substances in meat to make up for all of these downsides. Just think about it...

Edited by timar, 03 December 2013 - 09:36 PM.

• like x 2

#18 misterE

• 1,035 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

jump over to the Harvard Nutrition Source, which provides tons of valuable and scientifically accurate information on nutrition.

Oh, so we should listen to Harvard. Let’s see what Wlater Willet ( who is the head professor of epidemiology and nutrition at Harvard) thinks about nutrition, below is a food pyramid that he created:

Posted Image

http://www.health.ha...ith_the_pyramid

AN OIL BASED DIET!!!

Is this the diet you follow timar, can you suggest the type of oil I should start drenching all over my foods, would corn oil go good with my oatmeal?

It’s absolutely absurd to have oils (which are the most concentrated source of calories on the planet) at the base of the pyramid. That is a disastrous idea.

Good job Harvard… (hey… at least they partially agree that whole-grains should be the base of the diet)

I recommend Andrew Weil's Anti-Inflammatory Diet.

Oh yeah, let’s follow his advice on diet, seems to be working good for him:

Posted Image

Compare him to Dr. John McDougal at age 66:

Posted Image

This is the very attitude which discerns a professional scientist from an ideologist guru like Ornish or Atkins.

No, what separates Ornish from Atkins was the fact that Ornish had the data to prove his statements and recommendations on diet, Atkins didn’t!
  • dislike x 2

#19 misterE

• 1,035 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:41 PM

And yet starch is not an essential nutrient. Dietary carbs are not essential for human survival.

True: starch isn’t essential… but glucose is (at least for your brain and red blood cells). Your body can survive without starch by converting amino-acids from the muscles into glucose (gluconeogenesis), while the rest of the body utilizes FFA’s as fuel. But that is exactly what you see happening in uncontrolled diabetes.
  • dislike x 2

#20 misterE

• 1,035 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:50 PM

there is plenty of good stuff in them, too.

How about dioxins and PCBs which 90% or so come from animal-fats?

http://www.epa.gov/pbt/pubs/dioxins.htm
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#21 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:39 AM

http://www.epa.gov/pbt/pubs/dioxins.htm

You should be less noisy when bashing animal products. The person who can't live without his milk and egg whites. If your vegetarian diet is so spectacular, try dropping those little gems. Give it a go, and report back!

You take part in the massacre of unhatched baby chickens, you freak!

The vegetarian diet is supreme! It offers absolutely EVERYTHING any human being could EVER need! Who needs eggs and milk?! Meat?! Yuk!! Grease!!!

Milk is full of all that toxic filth that you bash animal products for. And you drink it.
Hypocrite! Think of all those man made estrogens entering your body and causing havoc! But hey, you're not eating greasy cheeseburgers, so you're all good!

Hehe, just playing. Thought I'd partake in the fun and frolics, MisterE for president!

Edited by Thorsten2, 04 December 2013 - 12:58 AM.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#22 mrd1

• 460 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:45 AM

Actually, this is the most recent plate by Harvard. And, yes this is not ideal. However, the reason for the oils are so that people actually eat their vegetables. This is designed to be relevent for all of the population. If people really care about nutrition sure you can do better. But, most people care about taste. I would never eat vegetables without oils tbh.

Posted Image

channing tautum makes all these nutritionists look like sh**TTT!!! dam I guess we should all eat what he does. Ill listen to him lecture about his nutrition guruism. ;)

#23 Gerrans

• 372 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

Oh yeah, let’s follow his advice on diet, seems to be working good for him:

Posted Image

To be fair to Dr Andy, you do not get a beard like that by eating badly.
  • dislike x 2

#24 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

To be fair, Dr Weil looks more robust than Dr McDougal, despite the belly and the bald head.

#25 timar

• 768 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

Oh, so we should listen to Harvard. Let’s see what Wlater Willet ( who is the head professor of epidemiology and nutrition at Harvard) thinks about nutrition, below is a food pyramid that he created

This is not the recommendation given by the Nutrition Source. This food pyramid was created as an alternative to the official recommendations, which at that time were engrossed in the low-fat dogma. It was an intentional provocation to put the oils at the bottom. Besides, I have already explained elsewhere that the undiscriminating recommendation of vegatable oils is an unfortuate exeption to the otherwise scientifically sound advice given on the Nutrition Source.

Anyway, you really seem to have a naive obsession with pictures, don't you? I really couldn't care less how Andrew Weil or John McDougall look like. I admit that Andrew Weil deliberately cultivates his guru appeal and thus can't complain when people judge him by his superficial appearance, but this is really not what I care about at all. What discerns him from most diet gurus is the profound education and distinguished expertise that speaks from his writings.

To me that whole guruism seems to be a specific American trait, rooted in the glorification of personal success (the all-American myth of the self-made man). Well, history is full examples where the most brillant people have tragically failed, whereas the most corrupt bastards have had fabulous success. Europeans generally seem to be more aware of that, maybe because of their own troubled history. Most of us have to cope with less than ideal circumstances, social or genetical. In my opinion it is absurd to judge someone's intellectual work by his personal appearence - be it a physicist or physician.

How about actually reading what poeple have written before writing utterly pointless replies? The whole sentence is: "all the real evidence for the adverse effects of animal products notwithstanding, there is plenty of good stuff in them, too".

You should be less noisy when bashing animal products. The person who can't live without his milk and egg whites. If your vegetarian diet is so spectacular, try dropping those little gems. Give it a go, and report back!

What!? I thought he was a vegan! It would seem quite ridiculous and hypocritical to evangelize vigorously for Esselstyn & McDougall while being a vegetarian...

Actually, this is the most recent plate by Harvard. And, yes this is not ideal. However, the reason for the oils are so that people actually eat their vegetables. This is designed to be relevent for all of the population. If people really care about nutrition sure you can do better. But, most people care about taste. I would never eat vegetables without oils tbh.

Agreed. The Harvard Nutrition Source gives reasonable advice most poeple can benefit from (the only exception being the above mentioned oil issue). For those seeking more ambitious advice I refered to Weil's Anti-Inflammatory Diet, which combines the basic elements from the traditional Mediterranean and Japanese diets with an advanced scientific understanding of inflammation and the metabolic pathways of dietary phytochemicals.

Edited by timar, 04 December 2013 - 02:32 PM.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#26 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2021 - 05:21 PM

families with A balanced and diverse in diets have shown to have a higher IQ. And the food can't be too soft as you need to use your teeths and muscles in the process. Or too chewy like honey cumbs cant swallow.

Edited by kurdishfella, 10 August 2021 - 05:22 PM.

#27 pongik

• 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 03:33 PM

How do you think how to cook crab legs? Here https://how-to-boil.com/crab-legs/ I could find just all the detailed information. Read it.

#28 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2021 - 09:55 PM

whatever you eat make sure it is medicated food. Meaning you have added healthy things to it like tasteless cystine (good source whey protein) etc and wont change the taste if you cook it. And will make every food healthier. not like medicated pizza with weed or somth in it.

Edited by kurdishfella, 25 November 2021 - 09:56 PM.

#29 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 May 2022 - 09:46 PM

Every person needs different diet. There is also some specific diets better for certain conditions. Yes there is a guideline to follow but nutrient required should be tweaked to the smallest dosage needed.

Edited by kurdishfella, 01 May 2022 - 09:47 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diet, gym, beginner, healthy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users