Nicotinamide Riboside Group Buy

nicotinamide riboside antioxidant group buy

• Please log in to reply
693 replies to this topic

#391 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:29 AM

Well, I received mine today and can report that I was pooped and taking a nap at around five PM when the postman rang the bell to deliver it.

I took two capsules (250 mg) emptied under my tongue and, shortly, I experienced a distinct improvement in my energy level.

So, I took five more under my tongue and it does definitely do some things for mental and physical energy.

I doubt that it was a placebo effect, but I'll see tomorrow AM when I wake what it feels like.

#392 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

^ what type of energy, like caffeine boost or what? also the mental effect, is it again like a stimulant or is it more of nootropic kind of easier to focus, and memorize things?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#393 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:39 AM

Not energy like a stimulant. 

I don't typically feel like taking a nap during the day, but I felt pooped out at about 4:30 PM and laid down to nap.

When the postman rang the bell to deliver packages, at around 5, one had the NR, so I took two caps under my tongue and soon felt normally functional.

No big deal. It's just that I was feeling kind of dragged out and then, shortly after I took them, I felt good.

#394 Cabbage

• 16 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

So I got my six bottles, and I'm taking 1 g/ day. Admittedly that may not be enough, but I definitely can't tell a difference of anything. I've actually been a bit more lethargic but I doubt that has anything to do with NR at all.  I'm going to start sublingually and see if I can tell a difference. Is the daily accepted dose somewhere around 4 g? And what results are people getting / expecting?

• like x 1

#395 nbourbaki

• 106 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

I'm placing an order for a sample today =)

Just curious on the status.  Was the order placed?  Have you received the order yet or have a estimated arrival time?

Thanks

#396 Geoffrey1

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:50 PM

Received 1 kilo NR today from China. Paid $650 including shipping.

Par Matrix: if i send you a sample will you analyze and post on the forum?

It is a reddish powder. Anyone know what appearance pharma grade (>99%) Nicotinamide Riboside powder should be. Niagens is white (took 4 caps a day with no noticeable results). Any feedback on the color appreciated. Should meet the specs already posted on this forum. 

• like x 1

#397 midas

• 417 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

It is a reddish powder. Anyone know what appearance pharma grade (>99%) Nicotinamide Riboside powder should be. Niagens is white (took 4 caps a day with no noticeable results). Any feedback on the color appreciated. Should meet the specs already posted on this forum. 

Why don't you ask smithx if he will test it for you?... post 358 here...

http://www.longecity...oup-buy/page-12

#398 Geoffrey1

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:28 PM

nope; ParMatrix already offered to test for free for the forum; I would not be surprised if it tests to pharma quality if he ends up getting in Kilos and selling on his business website: will be a huge seller if folks can be assured of purity

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#399 midas

• 417 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

nope; ParMatrix already offered to test for free for the forum; I would not be surprised if it tests to pharma quality if he ends up getting in Kilos and selling on his business website: will be a huge seller if folks can be assured of purity

OK, just a suggestion....It was just another option, I thought you may be interested in sending smithx a couple of grams to test.

• like x 1

#400 pedr0vsky

• 102 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:44 PM

I offer myself to test it. Not lab test, but take it for a few days to see its effects. Meaning being a guinea pig.

According to a chinese supplier: 

Appearance: Solid, red solid

http://www.alibaba.c...1601924958.html

Edited by pedr0vsky, 16 April 2014 - 08:47 PM.

#401 Geoffrey1

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:58 PM

I offer myself to test it. Not lab test, but take it for a few days to see its effects. Meaning being a guinea pig.

According to a chinese supplier: 

Appearance: Solid, red solid

http://www.alibaba.c...1601924958.html

yes but that link is by Pioneer who we purchased from---and others here may also. Otherwise have heard somewhere previously (not on this forum) that powder should be reddish  but would appreciate definitive feedback on that from one of our knowledgeable folks here. If so perhaps Niagen changes 'natural' reddish color to white---but not sure of that.

next step ParMatrix

#402 Geoffrey1

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:33 AM

ParMatrix has generously offered to test so we will post the results here when available. No postal where I live (rural) so will send Saturday when I go into town to the usps.

Anson wrote >>color is because its origin source.

We make it from yeast, so the color is red.<<

so does Niagen of course but their material is finer (size effects color) and they may well change the color in some way

so any other thoughts on the reddish color most welcome.

i did take about 400 mgs. Will not embarrass myself by posting results from such a limited trial: essentially like a very very pleasant waking up of my brain. Much stronger than the null effects i felt with Niagen (incredible price inflation simply because they can get away with it now) but also higher dose. Niagen dose for me was 2 caps twice a day which is 250 mg (2 caps). NR dose i took was about 400 mgs. twice. Earlish after just some Capri goat milk powder and in the late afternoon.

I just embarrassed myself :).  Placebo effect has no shelf life; and the color alone is enuff to cause results :). But very positive awakening of my brain-- sense of "well being" are the words that came to mind which spread somewhat through my body.  
Not a stimulant like coffee effect but a waking up of my brain and actual tingling up there. No tiredness as some (not all of course)  have reported from Niagen. A relaxed awakening. I kept saying to myself---this is great stuff.

ok so now we'll see what the test results show. And along with a forum thank you to ParMatrix if I may; also to DPaxton who made the China contact and really set this whole thing up. 

any comments thots re color or anything else appreciated

#403 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:58 AM

I don't know about the colour but I came across these and wonder what colour the powder is in them.

http://www.naturalhe...e-research.html

The stuff in them is Nicotinamide Riboside Chloride, wonder if the stuff from yeast is a chloride, seems unlikely.

#404 pedr0vsky

• 102 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

I don't know about the colour but I came across these and wonder what colour the powder is in them.

The stuff in them is Nicotinamide Riboside Chloride, wonder if the stuff from yeast is a chloride, seems unlikely.

$59 for 60x125mg. Rip off.

#405 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

Yes, a dollar a cap. Maybe they have big discounts on sales tho. More competition is good. If/when bulk powder group buy happens we should get a lot cheaper.

#406 midas

• 417 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

Yeah, I doubt that NR Chloride is going to be from yeast.

ChromaDex from what I can gather have a patent on the manufacturing process they use and not on NR which would explain why its NR Chloride, the ChromaDex version sounds like its synthetic and maybe the red stuff is more likely a different process.

I look forward to seeing the test results from ParMatrix.

Geoffrey1, did ParMatrix mention if he ever received and tested the 100 grams he ordered?

#407 Geoffrey1

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

the patent is easy to by-pass i'm thinking (not that China would care much)

here is a process patented to make from yeast that is not from Dartmouth----alsp patented

http://www.faqs.org/...app/20120164270

#408 explorador

• 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:06 AM

I bought six bottles.

#409 trance

• 335 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

Is the taste the same? Your red sample may be stronger in taste, but it should be similar to Niagen's powder. Bitter, with sour notes.

#410 Geoffrey1

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

Is the taste the same? Your red sample may be stronger in taste, but it should be similar to Niagen's powder. Bitter, with sour notes.

Niagens powder is everything except NR. Each capsule has only 125 mg of NR. In that size capsule that would be maybe half NR and half  excipients. Taste is stronger, not acidic at all. Do not know re: the reddish color but having worked with yeast in a bio-reactor quite sure Niagens powder which is made from a yeast process also should not be white-----think they (or their source (from China most likely) do something to change the natural color.

• like x 1

#411 Geoffrey1

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:49 PM

Looks like the Niagen NR is a chloride from Chromadex  

https://chromadex.co...SB-00014313-025

it's a white powder

#412 midas

• 417 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

it's a white powder

We've known that for a few weeks now.

I actually registered on the site and tried to get Chromadex to sell me some from that link you posted about three weeks ago but they will only deal with research facilities and said they cant sell to the public.

Edited by midas, 20 April 2014 - 09:15 PM.

#413 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:30 PM

it's a white powder

I actually registered on the site and tried to get Chromadex to sell me some from that link you posted about three weeks ago but they will only deal with research facilities and said they cant sell to the public.

How much did you try to order?

#414 midas

• 417 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:03 PM

it's a white powder

The site would not let me place an order even when I had signed up. So I e-mailed them asking how much for 100 grams and how much for 1kg. They just mailed me back saying they were not set up for selling it direct and if I was buying it for research purposes then to call and speak to someone about that.

They just referred me to Niagen from HPN and another place over here in Europe for personal use.

I have a feeling that it will only be sold as Nicotinamide Riboside Chloride to companies that have a contract with them (HPN, Thorne) or research establishments e.g. Universities and so on.

I also cant find it on the website after I have logged in.

Edited by midas, 20 April 2014 - 11:04 PM.

#415 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:13 AM

it's a white powder

The site would not let me place an order even when I had signed up. So I e-mailed them asking how much for 100 grams and how much for 1kg. They just mailed me back saying they were not set up for selling it direct and if I was buying it for research purposes then to call and speak to someone about that.

They just referred me to Niagen from HPN and another place over here in Europe for personal use.

I have a feeling that it will only be sold as Nicotinamide Riboside Chloride to companies that have a contract with them (HPN, Thorne) or research establishments e.g. Universities and so on.

I also cant find it on the website after I have logged in.

I have a research company and buy from such as Sigma, so I registered with them today. We'll see how they respond.

#416 midas

• 417 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:49 AM

I have a research company and buy from such as Sigma, so I registered with them today. We'll see how they respond.

Mikey, you might want to take a look here also.. http://www.carbosynu...ucleosides.html

#417 ParMatrix

• 28 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:06 PM

We received our sample of Nicotinamide Riboside from Pioneer Biotech. Confirmed 94% match via FTIR to Chinese Red Yeast Rice. Heads up on ordering from them. Anyone else want me to try another supplier? Let me know.

Enjoy the Sideways picture of what we received. 

Attached Files

• like x 1

#418 Geoffrey1

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

We received our sample of Nicotinamide Riboside from Pioneer Biotech. Confirmed 94% match via FTIR to Chinese Red Yeast Rice. Heads up on ordering from them. Anyone else want me to try another supplier? Let me know.

yes that picture is what i received also ParMatrix. Thank you for analyzing.

very sorry everybody: $650 loss no big deal to me; but not finding an honest supplier a shame. I remember one of the moderators of Longecity if i remember correctly a while ago saying there was one major supplier in China, a pharma company i think he said----but never gave the name (i did ask once in a post). If anyone knows the name would be worth checking sounds like.

Thanks again ParMatrix: sorry everyone 

#419 midas

• 417 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:57 PM

Thats sucks!....Thanks for going through that for us...

ParMatrixs can you PM me your Pay-Pal address and I'll send you $20 towards the 100 grams you bought. Its not right to let you take that hit on your own when you were doing it for all of us.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#420 ParMatrix

• 28 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:08 AM

No worries man. Here's the thing. I love nootropics myself. Part of our company's goal is to ensure the safety of these products no matter where they come from or whom sells them. This is why we are working towards having a full lab in house. Soon we should get our NMR. After that we will likely get a HPLC & Gas chromatography.  I don't mind taking the hit many people here on longecity buy from us. The issues in the past with people being put in the hospital by by negligent companies' wrongly labeled products really irked me and I'd like to try my hardest to ensure that something like that does not happen again. In the future, once the lab is more complete, we will be offering testing. It will be much more easily accessible to this community and much more reasonably priced (likely just covering cost if time allows). Also, I would like to help by testing group buys for free if possible. 

Edited by ParMatrix, 22 April 2014 - 12:13 AM.

• like x 8

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nicotinamide riboside, antioxidant, group buy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users