Photo

Nicotinamide Riboside Group Buy

nicotinamide riboside antioxidant group buy

• Please log in to reply
693 replies to this topic

#541 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:29 AM

APBT: "Based on that, the HED dose of NR for a 70 kg (154 lb) human, would be 2270 mg daily.

(mouse mg/kg dose) x 5.675 = 70kg human dose."

For seven days?  If the point is to fIll up the NAD reservoirs, wouldn't smaller amounts (say 250 mg) over a much longer time accomplish the same thing?  And probably with less risk?

Well, that's the $64,000 question - what is the appropriate, safe and effective dosage?  I don't have the answer.

The study I referenced, used 400 mg/kg/day of NR over a four month period.  I merely provided a HED conversion based on that.  I'm in no way endorsing that number as the precise amount. 

You can get a feel for what some folks are experiencing with NR at varying levels of consumption on this thread:  http://www.longecity...erience-thread/

Strictly from memory (which can be dangerous), I believe that a member named 'trance' has used NR for around eight months (he commenced use before the Sinclair study was out), in dosages ranging from 250 mg to 2 grams, both orally and sublingually, with no notable benefits

#542 M-K

• 67 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:26 AM

I believe the Sinclair dosage was also 400 mg/kg, but of NAD and over only seven days.  Anyone know what the conversion factor from NR to NAD would be?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#543 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:02 AM

I believe the Sinclair dosage was also 400 mg/kg, but of NAD and over only seven days.  Anyone know what the conversion factor from NR to NAD would be?

I thought he used NMN?

#544 midas

• 417 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

Not NAD it was nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN)

#545 M-K

• 67 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:56 PM

Yes, NMN. Sorry.   Anyone know the conversion factor from NR to NMN?.

#546 DrW

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:30 AM

I would like 1/2 kilo myself. Checking my source in China to see if available.

#547 pedr0vsky

• 102 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:50 PM

Hi

I have just found this: http://ctmedchem.net...namide-riboside a source of NR in the USA. Please don't bombard them with emails. One of the persons heading this buy should contact them and negotiate a buy!

#548 midas

• 417 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:11 PM

Hi

I have just found this: http://ctmedchem.net...namide-riboside a source of NR in the USA. Please don't bombard them with emails. One of the persons heading this buy should contact them and negotiate a buy!

I dont think their is that much chance of them getting bombarded with e-mail's at $425 for 500mg................500mg is two days of Niagen which works out at $33 for 7 grams in the group buy price of $33 per bottle.... each bottle of Niagen contains 7.5 grams.

Edited by midas, 16 May 2014 - 04:12 PM.

#549 pedr0vsky

• 102 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:16 PM

Hi

I dont think their is that much chance of them getting bombarded with e-mail's at $425 for 500mg................500mg is two days of Niagen which works out at $33 for 7 grams in the group buy price of $33 per bottle.... each bottle of Niagen contains 7.5 grams.

maybe they'll do a big discount if we buy 1kg. (or over)

#550 midas

• 417 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:29 PM

Hi

maybe they'll do a big discount if we buy 1kg. (or over)

Even if the halved the price it would work out at $425,000 per kilo

#551 DrW

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

My best price on 95% pure is $2800 for 20 grams

Edited by DrW, 16 May 2014 - 04:46 PM.

#552 midas

• 417 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:48 PM

Well, I really don't know what to say other you can get 7.5 grams of Niagen for $33. Which would make 20 grams = $88

#553 DrW

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:03 PM

How about what purity level?

Edited by DrW, 16 May 2014 - 05:06 PM.

• dislike x 1

#554 midas

• 417 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:17 PM

According to the suppliers of Niagen HPN the NR in their product is greater than 99% pure, see here (the quote in post 7) http://www.longecity...side-group-buy/

#555 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:46 PM

Hi

I went to that link and got:

Bitdefender blocked this page This page is blocked by Bitdefender Antimalware filter.

#556 DrW

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:57 PM

Hi

I went to that link and got:

Bitdefender blocked this page This page is blocked by Bitdefender Antimalware filter.

That is a false positive - the page is free of malware and adware

According to the suppliers of Niagen HPN the NR in their product is greater than 99% pure, see here (the quote in post 7) http://www.longecity...side-group-buy/

Yes but it is NR chloride not NR

#557 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:10 PM

NR chloride is just a more stable form. It's unlikely that the bioactivity would be any different.

Chromadex also says that a bunch of studies using their Niagen product are coming out soon, from independent research labs which used their product, so we should have independent verification of this.

#558 DrW

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:49 PM

NR chloride is just a more stable form. It's unlikely that the bioactivity would be any different.

Chromadex also says that a bunch of studies using their Niagen product are coming out soon, from independent research labs which used their product, so we should have independent verification of this.

I read somewhere that NR chloride is not bioactive relative to NR, though it is more stable and dos not require refrigeration storage. But being more stable may mean also that is is not bioactive when ingested. Also why does the NR chloride form cost just a very small fraction as the NR form? I am suspicious of NR chloride and want the NR used to increase NAD+ in research studies.

#559 Geoffrey1

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:16 AM

This looked interesting ---if someone can access the complete research study.

>>A new two-step methodology achieves stereoselective synthesis of beta-nicotinamide riboside and a series of related amide, ester, and acid nucleosides. Compounds were prepared through a triacetylated-nicotinate ester nucleoside, via coupling of either ethylnicotinate or phenylnicotinate with 1,2,3,5-tetra-O-acetyl-beta-D-ribofuranose. Nicotinamide riboside, nicotinic acid riboside, O-ethylnicotinate riboside, O-methylnicotinate riboside, and several N-alkyl derivatives increased NAD+ concentrations from 1.2-2.7-fold in several mammalian cell lines. These findings establish bioavailability and potent effects of these nucleosides in stimulating the increase of NAD+ concentrations in mammalian cells.<<

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/18052316

#560 M-K

• 67 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:22 AM

Sauve is a co-author.  I believe he developed the patented process.I

#561 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:44 AM

I read somewhere that NR chloride is not bioactive relative to NR, though it is more stable and dos not require refrigeration storage. But being more stable may mean also that is is not bioactive when ingested. Also why does the NR chloride form cost just a very small fraction as the NR form? I am suspicious of NR chloride and want the NR used to increase NAD+ in research studies.

This is not correct.

Edited by maxwatt, 18 May 2014 - 01:51 AM.

#562 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:42 PM

Just an update for all you peeps here:

I've physically hit a dead end in regards to finding a reliable supplier, the peeps dealing with this are really slow at replying and upon checking by my people probably frauds or middle people. I've been working on trying to find where the real suppliers are, and also researching into getting a license to start independent manufacturing (however that's a completely different thing, if there are anyone interested in collaborating for business and a future supply please get in touch)

Smith may be right that trying to source it for 100 dollars per KG may be far fetched, this is because the synthesis route is not the usual the suppliers have dealt with in the past, mainly suppliers deal with already well known synthetic chemicals, or research analogues. Nicotinamide Riboside is not such a chemical (as they claim anyways) and does not seem to come cheaply initially. Still there is no reason why it wouldn't be eventually cheap like everything else out there).

If it does somehow work out, I will set up a separate group buy if I manage to get it going AND manage to verify it.

So if smith or max find the suppliers, i'd still be happy to help with distribution or I can get my office to get in touch with them in mandarin posing as a different company to suss out whether they seem legit or not, but for now I am not going to deliver as quickly as people think. On top of that I am swarmed with my regular work, as well looking into a bunch of other stuff such as Tandospirone and getting other chemicals more pure, and  trying to partner up with a food testing company to help with the analysis and stuff in the future.

On completely another totally different note/tune I have been experimenting with Niagen:

First tried ingesting it which didn't yield any results whatsoever so I suspected if it went via the digestion tract it probably lost too much potency, especially I am young and we already established we need equivalent of like 2 grams per day to reach the plasma levels in the research.

Taken it two days sublingually at stated dose ( 2 capsules), didn't feel any effects initially but the next day I was feeling very verbally fluent. As those of you who have read my previous posts, you may know i've suffered cerebral damage before which had some noticeably degradation in my overall cognitive ability, however in the past 2 days. I have been surprisingly verbally fluent, and my comprehension of certain topics seemed a lot less daunting. For example I was reading about manufacturing, like CNC milling/plastic moulding and a lot of stuff just seemed to fly apart and make sense like it did for me when I was younger, then I started reading about quantum computing and a lot of it actually made sense, now this stuff probably would have made sense before to me anyways, but it was the effortlessness of it that surprised me.

I also had an a consistent inflow of ideas about some products I am currently developing. Here are some thoughts I posted on facebook that I rarely would do:

I secretly hope quantum computing doesn't take off that quickly. The kind of breakthrough those smart science peeps are talking would have serious consequences on what already is a economically fractured and disjointed planet.

^ Better explained - organisations spend serious money on analyzing large sets of data for optimisation and creation of new algorithms from your insurance policy, every product that requires high precision engineering, google search an all the way to net flicks.As I understand it Quantum computing would allow these data sets to be exploited in ways never thought possible, now only large corporations have access to these data sets. With the previous wave of physical computational developments already creating a large global wealth gap, a massive jump in computing power like that could well just makes things go really crazy really quickly. Humans running on their caveman DNA are already barely coping with the speed of technology....

Creativity can move mountains, but only if you can get a handle on the day to day basics first.

Of course read the above experience with a serious grain of salt. I have always been into self improvement, and recently i've made a lot of effort into automating as many of my daily living into software and routines as possible, so my increase in effortlessness could just be a by product of that.

Also on the third day - today. I suddenly felt a sudden sickness, like a short fever for about 3 hours. This was very worrying to me, as the only thing I've changed about my day to day ingest is Niagen. I also take noopept, coffee, cordeyceps (is that how u spell it?), raw chocolate, reishi (in a mix) all possible confounding factors.

• like x 1

#563 DrW

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

I am reluctant to buy and use Niagen because it is a chloride form of NR and may have different effects than the non-chloride form. Until I see more research I will simply use Niacin, because of its HDL increasing effects and because it is a precusor to NAD+ and becasue it is so much less expensive. I am withdrawing my group Niagen buy involvement.

#564 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

Major Legend, thanks for the update. The supplier I mentioned previously is still confident that they can deliver 98% pure NR or NR/Cl at the prices I posted. I think NR/Cl is preferable due to its easier handling characteristics, but it is true that the studies we currently have seem to have been done with NR, not NR/Cl.

What that supplier really wants is a commitment of 50Kg, which would be provisional and based on successful lab analysis before actual money changed hands. That commitment would make them put a priority on this compound and get it into our hands within a few months. Without such a commitment, they are still looking into producing NR, but it will be less of a priority and could take a lot longer.

• like x 1

#565 DrW

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

The supplier I mentioned previously is still confident that they can deliver 98% pure NR or NR/Cl .........

No, Niagen is not 98% pure NR or NRCl, it is 98% pure NRCl.

Everyone here equates NR with NRCL. This is incorrect thinking that is based on wish-fulfilling thought processing - the type of thinking that got Obama elected twice.

Wishing that NRCl has the same biochemical activity as NR, as everyone does on this forum, does not make it true. 

I want to see some proof that the wish you all have is true before I waste my money.

• dislike x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#566 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:40 PM

My point was that they could deliver either.

With NR you will end up with a sludge just a few seconds after opening it, however.

#567 DrW

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

My point was that they could deliver either.

With NR you will end up with a sludge just a few seconds after opening it, however.

If that is true then what is the price of 50 KG of NR (not NR Cholride) ? $100 per gram or $ 5,000,000 ? Maybe just 4 million USD. 2 million USD would be a bargain.

Ask your supplier for the price of NR (non-chloride form) if you would and let us know.

• dislike x 1

#568 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:58 PM

NR Cl becomes NR on contac5 with water, ad in your stomach. No difference chemically or biologically at that point. DrW worries to the contrary, it's a non-issue.

I wonder if Smithx and I are talking to the same company? My contact thinks ge can get ne a samplein a month, cos5 to be determined by the yield they get. If they improve the process, it voids the patent

#569 DrW

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:21 PM

NR Cl becomes NR on contac5 with water, ad in your stomach. No difference chemically or biologically at that point. DrW worries to the contrary, it's a non-issue.

I wonder if Smithx and I are talking to the same company? My contact thinks ge can get ne a samplein a month, cos5 to be determined by the yield they get. If they improve the process, it voids the patent

If so that is good. However, does the released chloride have any action on the NR (perhaps breaking it up in some way and rendering it useless compared to the non-chloride form of NR?).

I still want to see more research.

Edited by DrW, 21 May 2014 - 06:21 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#570 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:06 PM

If so that is good. However, does the released chloride have any action on the NR (perhaps breaking it up in some way and rendering it useless compared to the non-chloride form of NR?).

I still want to see more research.

It might help to read some basic chemistry textbooks first. NR freebase would at the least need to be sealed in a nitrogen atmosphere so as not to spoil before it reached your lips. But for that matter, Sinclair's paper that started us on this path did not actually use NR, but another link in the NAD cycle. We are assuming that because one converts to the other, roughly speaking, and both raise the NAD/NADH ratio, they are interchangeable. Heck, we are assuming because Sinclair et al. said it works in mice,when injected, it will work in humans, when swallowed. Wish us luck.
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nicotinamide riboside, antioxidant, group buy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users