Schizophrenia treatment/cure?

schizophrenia

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#1 username

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

I started having hallucinations about one year ago and had my first psychosis 7 months ago. Seroquel had way too many side effects and I stopped taking it after 10 days. I tried Fluoxetin for 5 days - insomnia. Had to stop that as well.
Symptoms:
hallucinations (auditory and visual), paranoia, SEVERE depression (lying in bed all day, contemplating suicide), agoraphobia, panic attacks, anxiety, really bad feeling in my stomach, bad sleeping rhythm (no insomnia though), cognitive problems (problem listening, concentrating -> the more people were talking at the same time, the worse I felt)
physical: hot flashes for no reason, dizziness, tinnitus, dry skin, dry eyes, itchy scalp (I used/use different antifungal shampoos, which help a little)

5 months ago I started taking

fish oil (1.44g EPA / 720mg DHA), 5mg lithium orotate, 500mg green tea extract (over 90% polyphenols), 5k I.U. vitamin D, 250mg magnesium
improvement was very small: I could leave the house again, but would get panic attacks, paranoia improved a little. All that took at least 2 months.

I've been undergoing cognitive behavioral therapy for a couple of months now with a great therapist and started the following regimen 2 1/2 weeks ago, which changed EVERYTHING!

Changed my fish oil to
2g EPA / 240mg DHA. Change was immediate. In two days, depressive symptoms decreased by at least 50% and I feel better

I added:
N-Acetylcystein. Felt worse for two days ("what did you say? what again?" "what do you mean?"). Then, I saw significant improvement.
1g Sarcosine + 1.5g D-aspartic acid -> will soon change to pure sarcosine. Should be there in 3 weeks (hopefully, if I don't get any problems with customs -.-) No idea if it does anything since I take so many supplements
1g curcumin phytosome (in a study, it helped as much as fluoxetin with major depressive disorder)
2mg methyfolate (saw improvement. Have been taking it for a couple of days now)

improvements:
depression - IMMENSE!
hallucination - improvement
cognitive symptoms improved a lot and I'm a lot more sociable (stopping to say hello to people that I don't know all that much)
hot flashes decreased a lot
don't sleep all day anymore, but still get tired throughout the day and half to take a nap
still have dry eyes, skin and itchy scalp

side effects:
skin improved first, now it's getting drier :(
itchy pimples on left arm since today o0

No idea what the cause is. Methylfolate is what I added last. I'll continue taking everything for now, though, unless it worsens. I still take lithium, D, magnesium, green tea extract.
I think I'm getting my life back and am quite optimistic after such a long time of undescribable suffering.

What do you guys think? :)

I still worry quite a bit about how other people saw me because I was so sick. When I see a certain person who saw me at my worst, except for my family, it can still trigger hallucinations. Certain places where I was when I was very psychotic can also trigger symptoms.
  • like x 2

#2 1kgcoffee

• 737 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:01 AM

Here's a recent discovery out of Israel:
http://psychcentral....enia/63998.html

Have you thought of fasting or perhaps a ketogenic diet?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 username

• Topic Starter
  • 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

Thank you for the interesting article :)
I followed a ketogenic diet for 6 weeks (with exceptions at times) around 2 years ago. I had physical symptoms (dizziness), but wasn't schizophrenic yet. I lost weight, but didn't feel good. My diet was high fat, but I could feel that I was getting too much protein. I don't feel comfortable with a diet that has so much protein. A high-fat moderate-protein diet is just not for me. Just thinking of eggs made me sick when I was on this diet. And I was doing it 'right'. I wasn't eating lean meat all the time. I did it by the book.
I tried going gluten-free as well. No improvement. I did a celiac disease-home test (very high accuracy) and tested negative. I was eating tons of spaghetti and bread before that, so I kinda doubt it was a false-negative. (edit: The test checks for anti-tTG-IgA in the blood)
I tried the perfect health diet for several months with all the supplements. Some of the supplements made me sick and uneasy (copper - don't take that stuff lol). No improvement. Small weight gain.
I tried intermittent fasting as well. I've seen some improvement (+ weight loss) (I felt somewhat better), but my stomach problems got worse.
By the way: Since taking the supplements, my GERD and painful stomach cramps (forgot to mention that) are A LOT better. I believe it's the N-Acetylcystein.

I've known that something is "wrong" with me for many, many years. I've bought supplements for at least a thousand dollars and have been to many doctors.

I'm going to a psychiatrist today because my therapist really wants me to. I've been to psychiatrists before and I didn't like them except for one (who moved to somewhere else, unfortunately). I really hope he's a nice person with an open mind. I'm nervous lol.

Edited by longschi, 17 January 2014 - 09:02 AM.

#4 username

• Topic Starter
  • 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:47 AM

btw, the pimples are probably some small allergic reaction. I hope it's not one of the supplements. I think it could have been the 5 snickers bars I ate last night lol. I've never been allergic to nuts. My father has a hazelnut allergy, though. If it gets worse, I'll try taking an antihistamine and will leave out one supplement at a time to find the cause.

Edited by longschi, 17 January 2014 - 08:47 AM.

#5 hathor

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:06 AM

adderall did the trick for me, unfortunately it seems like the docs aren't that thrilled about rx'ing it to anyone who has ever experienced psychosis. but it killed hallucinations and racing thoughts and ocd loops.

#6 username

• Topic Starter
  • 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

Adderall will be hard to get for me here. Regulations are a lot stricter here than in the US when it comes to ADHD medication. Right now, I feel good, though and I'm continuously improving. So, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and see how it goes.
I will soon add L-theanine to my regimen. There is one small placebo-controlled study showing good results, especially for positive symptoms.
Right now, negative symptoms aren't my big problem. That has improved tremendously. That is why I'm hoping to get rid of all hallucinations by adding in l-theanine.
I would be willing to take antipsychotics, but I can't deal with the side effects. After trying Seroquel, I'm scared of antipsychotics.

Edited by longschi, 17 January 2014 - 09:12 AM.

#7 hathor

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:20 AM

I like l-theanine, I would recommend it. Also Ginkgo seems to help.

Seroquel is horrible. Risperdal seems alright. I just got switched to Zyprexa and as long as I take it at bedtime or late evening instead of during the day it seems to work well for me.

Unfortunately I'm out of meds and out of money til next week. I could really go for some b6 and ginkgo and oxiracetam right about now. I guess for now I'm stuck with red bull or whatever other caffeinated things I can get with food stamps. I have schizo~affective which was likely triggered by a massive overdose suicide attempt where I combined ridiculous amounts of psychedelics and stimulants, so it seems that I oscillate between sanity and psychosis as well as depression and mania etc. stimulants seem to help the most but caffeine is such crap. I've been eating tobacco from cigarettes for the nicotine which is probably pretty unhealthy but smoking doesn't appeal to me and nicotine makes my brain work almost as well as adderall just it makes me feel really weird physically.

#8 username

• Topic Starter
  • 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

Have you tried an e-cigarette? I have one, but I prefer normal cigarettes.
Have you tried any of the supplements in my first post? EPA, l-methylfolate, n-acetylcystein (cheap and effective in one study with patients that have treatment-resistant schizophrenia!), sarcosine?
I'm not allowed to post links, but try googling "schizophreniaoptions" and you'll find an awesome website from a psychiatrist with great info on these supplements (except for EPA).
  • like x 2

#9 hathor

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:33 AM

i don't like e-cigs since they hurt my throat and make it scratchy. they seem to make me wish i was smoking a real cig instead. i have not tried any of those supplements but i am very curious since you said they help you. what kind of schizo do you have? mine seems to oscillate between sane and insane in kind of a sine wave where i can be completely normal and sane for a while and then racing thoughts and ethereal noise and conversations with entities for another while. i've been trying to do the quantified self stuff to figure out the trigger points

#10 username

• Topic Starter
  • 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

I don't have an official diagnosis (I hate diagnoses. I don't want them), but paranoid schizophrenia is probably the most accurate. The first two psychiatrists I went to (didn't like them. Was only there once.) told me that it's probably paranoid schizophrenia. I used to have paranoia and thought people talk about me and conspire against me. The biggest symptom is social withdrawal. Avoiding people, avoiding eye contact, avoid everything. But it's getting better. Give it a try. There's some science behind it. The website has very elaborate explanations why these supplements should work.

#11 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

On a side note: Ginkgo is a natural bloodthinner, study's have shown that it increases the working of anti-psychotics, if I recall correctly, the dosage for Ginkgo was either 1,8g or 3,6g per day.

#12 username

• Topic Starter
  • 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

I might add that to my regimen, thanks :)
My biggest worry is taking too much. Too many antioxidants and supplements might backfire.
The psychiatrist was as I expected. Asked about suicidality, wanted me to take an antipsychotic (which I try to avoid unless it gets worse again. Another episode and I will take an antipsychotic, no matter what the side effects)
She didn't say anything to my alternative treatments, but ignored it altogether. But that is to be expected. This further strengthens my belief that psychiatry does a bad job at actually helping people. They try, but they just, well, fail at what they're supposed to do. People rarely get cured from anything. Just look at the high incidence of "treatment-resistant" depression. Maybe it's treatment-resistant because the treatments just don't work all that well?
I find it almost ridiculous how much I have achieved in three weeks in regard to my mental health status. Well, I haven't really tried antipsychotics, but when I took Seroquel for a short time... it's just... is that supposed to be a good treatment? Over 50% stop taking the meds in the studies. Wow.

#13 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

Yes, be careful, too many of something never ends good!

DAA gives a very nice boost to Sarcosine, however, I use it in cycles because after a month or so it backfires and aggravate symptoms of depression. May not apply for you, telling it just in case you notice something that's not right on that combo.

With regards to psychiatry, I share the same opinion: Three miserable years later I couldn't stand it anymore and ask my former psychiatrist, why the fuck do I have to come here each month and talk to a wall, why do you only write things down and don't give me feedback on what's wrong with me (like with a psychologist) and/or my brain, seriously what is your fucking job?! In 9 years I never got a clear answer to it.. In 9 years our roles have turned around, I come up with the latest solutions, study's, drugs, vitamins, supplements etc. etc. which they never heard off.

The only clear things from what I understand about psychiatrists is that they function as secondary "cops/lifesavers", they will only take proper action if you are a threat to yourself or environment. The only other thing they will try to do is to make you stable, put you in a program and the rest is up to you to figure out.

From another thread:
http://www.longecity...ntal-breakdown/
  • like x 1

#14 hathor

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

On a side note: Ginkgo is a natural bloodthinner, study's have shown that it increases the working of anti-psychotics, if I recall correctly, the dosage for Ginkgo was either 1,8g or 3,6g per day.

holy crapola, there's no way I could ever eat that much ginkgo, I start getting agitated on it if I take more than about 100mg in a single setting.

#15 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

holy crapola, there's no way I could ever eat that much ginkgo, I start getting agitated on it if I take more than about 100mg in a single setting.

haha lol, oops, almost killed people.. :ph34r: Looked it up, it's between 120 and 360mg that does the trick.

#16 Olon

• 109 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

why do you only write things down

That's what they have perfectionized in the last four decades because progress in treatment was lacking: Describing and categorizing things better and better. I think if you see the role of a psychiatrist mainly in achieving treatment results you can't become one.

Edited by Olon, 17 January 2014 - 08:59 PM.

#17 hathor

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

haha lol, oops, almost killed people.. :ph34r: Looked it up, it's between 120 and 360mg that does the trick.

yeah i think 60mg 2x a day works well enough for me. the brown fluffy powder i get is super potent so it seems tons stronger than when i was taking 60mg tablets

Edited by katimaya, 17 January 2014 - 08:48 PM.

#18 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

That's what they have perfectioned in the last four decades because progress in treatment was lacking: Describing and categorizing things better and better. I think if you see the role of a psychiatrist mainly in achieving treatment results you can't become one.

Treatment still sucks if you talk to a wall and they only write things down for their own sake and don't give you any insight/feedback, thus, a better treatment.

For 6 years they made so many errors in my treatment, if they would have done their job like I do it myself for the past 3 years, those 6 years I lost because of the lack of treatment was maybe 2-3 years. I spend my first 3 years totally fucking depressed which they knew (I was a energetic happy guy prior to my psychosis and didn't know shit about psychosis, depression or being depressed), yet, they did not prescribe me an antidepressant because I always said killing myself is not an option for me. I had to snob and say the words, I can't take this life anymore, then they finally prescribed me an antidepressant which alleviated a big part of my depression. Another big error is my benzo story, I kept saying benzo's works as an antipsychotic for me, my psych kept saying, benzo's are dangerous and don't work as an antipsychotic, you just have a lot of anxiety, maybe you should talk to a nurse or go to cognitive therapy. Same story with supplements and vitamins. Let's take Sarcosine, I had to teach my former psychiatrist about it's existence and that it "cures" me of a lot of debilitating symptoms, he still was skeptical because he didn't learn it from his books, it's the world upside down. Seeing what Sarcosine (and other stuff) did with my symptoms I actually helped out with a little "revolution" at the hospital I was going to, they were finally going to build a knowledge base for alternative remedies.

Psychiatry is walking behind the facts, the past several years they are finally realizing this, unfortunately many people are unfortunate for having a psychiatrist that still follows the outdated books from which they learned.

Edited by YoungSchizo, 17 January 2014 - 09:57 PM.

#19 username

• Topic Starter
  • 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

Definitely. Schizophrenia is officially uncurable and very hard to treat. I believe that it's very important to start looking for alternative treatments and to try them out. What do you have to lose? The alternative is slowly losing your mind and losing your life piece by piece. It's a devastating disease. 10% of schizophrenics end their lives.
I will NOT be a part of these people. I will get cured. I will become healthy and leave all of this behind me. Right now, I don't have any doubt that I will become healthy again. I'm afraid of a psychotic breakdown and the depression that would follow afterwards, but even if that happens. I will stand up again and fight and research and try out even more to cure myself.
Because they can't do anything for me. They can't help me. They can prescribe antipsychotics which I would take if I think I have to. But they won't cure me. They will just prevent me from going totally nuts.

#20 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

Yup, doing your own research and trying things seems like the only choice we have atm, psychiatry needs to undergo a revolution.
  • like x 1

#21 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

schizophrenia is mainly a problem of sensory gating which is why nicotine works so well, ondansetron and tropisetron improve sensory gating as well as certain antipsychotics. Diet can have an effect on sensory gating the best way to find out what foods agravate it is to fast for a few days then slowly introduce new foods and be mindful of their effects.

That feeling that there is too much going on (sensitive eyes/ears irritability confusion etc) is an excess of glutamatergic neurotransmission. Ampa receptors have more to do with it than nmda receptors imo. It's similar to migraine in that the brain is trying to process more than it's capable of which is why high stress states(which demand higher sensory input) exacerbate it. The homeostatic backlash to excess glutamatergic neurotransmission is neurotoxicity(mainly dopamine neurons) which accounts for the overall diminished daily state.

I think it is a product of the body being in a chronic high stress state for whatever reasons. The sensory system is overwhelmed to the point where the brain can't handle the glutamatergic neurotransmission. This is why psychedelic drugs can precipitate it, they force open sensory gates(the doors of perception).
  • like x 1

#22 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

Look in to a7nAChR agonists/PAMs and NMDAR agonists/PAMs; these are currently the most promising in the field. I disagree with socialpiranha, the current hypothesis for schizophrenia is hypoglutamatergic function.

#23 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

EVP-6124 nACh partial agonist I will be on somewhere in February (if I don't get a placebo :dry: ). Which substances do you suggest Formergenius?

Isn't the hypoglutamate hypothesis not overthrown by the new Adonesine hypothesis? (It's great that they change the hypothesis's, however, we need some new meds though, I vomit whenever I see a dopamine raper ;) )

#24 username

• Topic Starter
  • 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

I don't know much about the genes and all the neuroscientific stuff. Can someone give me some advice in regard to literature? That'd be great.

#25 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

@YoungSchizo: Hmm well I'm not schizophrenic myself, but it does seem EVP-6124 is currently the best option (as it also enhances PPI, unlike GTS-21 IIRC). GLYX-13 is being investigated for schizophrenia as well, you can expect NRX-1074 to follow. GlyT-1 inhibitors may also help; though Sarcosine already does that. I'm not aware of the new adenosine hypothesis. I know sigma receptors are implicated, but not what to do with them. In any case there's definitely a need for effective sensory gating enhancing drugs, and the aforementioned seem far more promising with much less side effects. Oh, and maybe 7,8-DHF and NSI-189 considering the hippocampal theory of schizophrenia. tDCS also shows promise.
  • like x 1

#26 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:52 AM

@Formergenius

Thanks m8, I will keep those options for in the future if EVP doesn't work out for me. Though, I'm very optimistic about EVP, I think and hope EVP will give another part of me back to me again! :)

#27 username

• Topic Starter
  • 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:41 PM

Since I'm now allowed to post links, I thought it might be a good idea to post some links with quotes :)

(1) EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid)
An epidemiological study reported a better outcome for patients with schizophrenia in countries where the diet is rich in unsaturated fatty acids.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/14661986

Five of six double-blind, placebo-controlled trials in schizophrenia, and four of six such trials in depression, have reported therapeutic benefit from omega-3 fatty acids in either the primary or secondary statistical analysis, particularly when EPA is added on to existing psychotropic medication. Individual clinical trials have suggested benefits of EPA treatment in borderline personality disorder and of combined omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acid treatment for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. The evidence to date supports the adjunctive use of omega-3 fatty acids in the management of treatment unresponsive depression and schizophrenia.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15907142

We conducted a dose-ranging add-on study of schizophrenia patients in which placebo was compared with 1 g/day, 2 g/day, or 4 g/day of ethyl EPA (6). The best results were achieved at the 2-g/day dose, which produced an increase in red cell EPA without any decrease in red cell arachidonic acid. At 4 g/day, there was no beneficial effect, and the increase in red cell EPA was accompanied by a substantial decrease in arachidonic acid, a fatty acid that plays a central role in many neuronal signal transduction systems (7). A similar dose-ranging study in depression (8) also showed a bell-shaped dose-response curve, with a strong beneficial effect at an ethyl EPA dose of 1 g/day and smaller effects at higher doses. The large decrease in the arachidonic acid/EPA ratio reported by Dr. Fenton et al. suggests that the ethyl EPA dose may have been too high because it depleted arachidonic acid.
http://ajp.psychiatr...rticleid=175988

(2) N-Acetylcysteine
Glutathione levels have repeatedly been shown to be dangerously low in schizophrenia, with reductions of 27-52% depending on the study cited or the brain region examined. Depletion is likely due to genetics affecting the glutamate-cysteine ligase gene in many cases, but there are likely multiple factors at work.

NMDA Receptors are particularly affected by inflammation. It is likely that improved antioxidant protection with increased Glutathione levels affects NMDA Receptor function, but a second mechanism is also likely at work. These important receptors are known to work better in a more “reduced,” or less “oxidized” environment. As a reductant, NAC (and Glutathione) has the power to “reduce” or add electrons to other molecules, improving NMDA Receptor function at a redox level.

In a study, patients with significant symptom severity (many of them on Clozapine) received either 1 gram of NAC per day or a placebo:
Overall improvement in the NAC group was significant with negative symptoms showing the most improvement at 10.6%. General Symptom Severity was reduced by 9.1%. Akathisia Symptoms (Restlessness) improved by 24% while worsening in Placebo Group. There was no reported difference between Clozapine and other Neuroleptics. Effects grew significantly over 4 months, so NAC may require months to completely assess effects. There were no reported adverse effects or side effects.

http://www.schizophr...cetyl-cysteine/

(3) Sarcosine / N-methyl-glycine
Sarcosine is currently the only available Glycine Transporter Type 1 Inhibitor and studies have show substantial benefits in treatment of schizophrenia.

The potential benefits of Sarcosine in schizophrenia have been confirmed in three small but convincing double-blind placebo-controlled studies. It was highly tolerable and significantly improved both the positive and negative symptoms of this illness.

In addition to its role in methylation, Sarcosine acts as a Glycine Transporter Type 1 Inhibitor. It likely helps to increase the availability of glycine at the synapse and extracellular space between neurons. In combination with the neurotransmitter Glutamate, Glycine helps activate NMDA Receptors (See Figure 1 below). It is this effect that is believed to provide the benefits seen in schizophrenia research.

Glycine related treatments in schizophrenia have consistently shown benefits. Sarcosine also breaks down into glycine, which may further increase concentrations of this amino acid and neurotransmitter in the brain.

http://www.schizophr....com/sarcosine/

(4) Methylfolate and methylcobalamine
Specifically, low folate levels, high homocysteine levels, and poor folate activation genetics are common in schizophrenia, and these issues appear to confer significant increased risk for development and maintenance of the disorder. While these deficits occur for a variety of reasons, research has shown that supplementation can correct some aspects of this problem and directly improve symptoms in many individuals.

Kemperman et al. (2006) reported that 28% of subjects were in the highest 97.5th percentile for homocysteine levels compared with only 2% of controls (p<0.001). Feng et al. (2009) reported homocysteine levels in subjects with schizophrenia at almost double that of controls.

One small double-blind study found that 37% of inpatients admitted for schizophrenia had folate levels below 200 µg/l (Godfrey et al. 1990). A case-control study found high homocysteine levels in schizophrenia in conjunction with folate levels that were half that of controls (8.2 versus 4.2 µmol/L; p<0.001) (Mabrouk et al. 2011).

In their study of 123 Han Chinese, Feng et al. (2009) reported that subjects with schizophrenia were more than twice as likely to have two copies of the C677T allele of MTHFR compared with controls (31.7% versus 14.6% in controls with p<0.001). The presence of two copies was associated with significantly increased homocysteine levels in controls and in schizophrenia. Particularly notable however was that this adverse effect on homocysteine was especially pronounced in schizophrenia, perhaps due to other overlapping genetic risk factors.

http://www.schizophr...folate-and-b12/

(5) L-Theanine
L-theanine augmentation of antipsychotic therapy can ameliorate positive, activation, and anxiety symptoms in schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder patients. Further long-term studies of L-theanine are needed to substantiate the clinically significant benefits of L-theanine augmentation.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21208586

(6) Gingko bilboa
The effect of extract of ginkgo biloba added to haloperidol on superoxide dismutase in inpatients with chronic schizophrenia.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/11199954

The effect of extract of ginkgo biloba addition to olanzapine on therapeutic effect and antioxidant enzyme levels in patients with schizophrenia.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16401239

(7) Curcumin
Curcumin as effective as fluoxetine in depression
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23832433

Curcumin can help with tardive dyskinesia
http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2929771/

(8) Vitamin D
Vitamin D Deficiency Linked to Onset of Psychosis
http://www.medscape....warticle/813637

This doesn't mean much, though. Social withdrawal will inevitably lead to vitamin D deficiency. It might not do much for schizophrenia, but it might have other benefits since schizophrenics are more likely to have a deficiency.

(9) Magnesium
Magnesium deficiency more common in schizophrenics
http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/2077436

Edited by longschi, 18 January 2014 - 03:03 PM.

• like x 1

#28 Mobc1990

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

EVP-6124 nACh partial agonist I will be on somewhere in February (if I don't get a placebo :dry: ). Which substances do you suggest Formergenius?

Isn't the hypoglutamate hypothesis not overthrown by the new Adonesine hypothesis? (It's great that they change the hypothesis's, however, we need some new meds though, I vomit whenever I see a dopamine raper ;) )

I read the agreement of trialing evp-6124,they say everybody will get placebo on sometime...and have the extension of 6 months treatment after study

#29 Mobc1990

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

That's what they have perfectioned in the last four decades because progress in treatment was lacking: Describing and categorizing things better and better. I think if you see the role of a psychiatrist mainly in achieving treatment results you can't become one.

Treatment still sucks if you talk to a wall and they only write things down for their own sake and don't give you any insight/feedback, thus, a better treatment.

For 6 years they made so many errors in my treatment, if they would have done their job like I do it myself for the past 3 years, those 6 years I lost because of the lack of treatment was maybe 2-3 years. I spend my first 3 years totally fucking depressed which they knew (I was a energetic happy guy prior to my psychosis and didn't know shit about psychosis, depression or being depressed), yet, they did not prescribe me an antidepressant because I always said killing myself is not an option for me. I had to snob and say the words, I can't take this life anymore, then they finally prescribed me an antidepressant which alleviated a big part of my depression. Another big error is my benzo story, I kept saying benzo's works as an antipsychotic for me, my psych kept saying, benzo's are dangerous and don't work as an antipsychotic, you just have a lot of anxiety, maybe you should talk to a nurse or go to cognitive therapy. Same story with supplements and vitamins. Let's take Sarcosine, I had to teach my former psychiatrist about it's existence and that it "cures" me of a lot of debilitating symptoms, he still was skeptical because he didn't learn it from his books, it's the world upside down. Seeing what Sarcosine (and other stuff) did with my symptoms I actually helped out with a little "revolution" at the hospital I was going to, they were finally going to build a knowledge base for alternative remedies.

Psychiatry is walking behind the facts, the past several years they are finally realizing this, unfortunately many people are unfortunate for having a psychiatrist that still follows the outdated books from which they learned.

bro,are you still bodybuilding?I am frustrated because I got a muscular body yet,i stay isolated most of the time,wasting the time to show off my body...I imagine myself taking off shirt and showing off at beach or at ciscustances where it is allowed,but now I am just not proud of myself and am asocial

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#30 pedr0vsky

• 102 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

Hi

Your initial and subsequent posts don't seem of someone with schizophrenia. Your text is organized and coherent. I deduce that's from the nootropics that you are currently taking.
I personally believe that cerebrolysin can cure mental diseases like schizophrenia ( or others) due to it's capacity to regenerate brain cells and improve brain function. Give it a try!
Have you ever tried phenylpiracetam? (i don't know if it isn't recommend for schizophrenia)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: schizophrenia

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users