schizophrenia

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#31 username

• Topic Starter
  • 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

I know you're right. I believe that the supplements I started taking at the beginning also helped me. I think they might have slowed the worsening of my symptoms.
Let's put it this way: I was about to become totally crazy, but the early interventions, including therapy, prevented that from happening. I also have an awesome family, who, no matter what happens, support me.
If you had seen me in May or June when I was at my worst (depressed, not leaving the house, panic attacks, anxiety, paranoia, hallucinations almost all of the time, hostility, hardly showing any facial expressions, sitting on a chair in a certain position for up to an hour for no reason, non-stop depersonalisation (awful feeling)) you wouldn't have had any doubt that I'm schizophrenic.
Also, everyone's affected in a different way.
No, I haven't tried piracetam yet. I'll look into it, though. Thanks :)

My biggest problem is that I take appr. 10 supplements a day. I swallow pills all day long lol. But I see huge benefits that go far beyond a placebo effect and I feel better every day. However, I haven't masturbated in a week, which is unusual, but doesn't bother me that much. I'm sure that there are side effects that I don't know about. But right now, I don't mind taking risks because it helps a lot.
I ordered some ashwagandha, started taking theanine and will also try adding in gingko. I try to keep dosages low (e.g. 120mg instead of 240mg gingko) because I take so much.

edit: I also have osteoarthritis and I haven't had to take diclofenac in like 2 weeks. I used to take it almost every day. I still have discomfort/pain but it's better than before. I think it might be the curcumin which is known to help with osteoarthritis.

edit 2: Where can I get more information on Cerebrolysin?

Edited by longschi, 19 January 2014 - 01:21 PM.

#32 Mobc1990

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

I tried nofap for 18 days,3rd to 11th day I benefited,but the others is all placebo,so I don't try it anymore because its causing me some stress for not masturbating

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#33 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

bro,are you still bodybuilding?I am frustrated because I got a muscular body yet,i stay isolated most of the time,wasting the time to show off my body...I imagine myself taking off shirt and showing off at beach or at ciscustances where it is allowed,but now I am just not proud of myself and am asocial

Yes I am, I gained quite some muscle mass thanks to Pregnenolone and a high protein diet. Haha, I understand you imagine to show off, however I think that should not be your goal, exercise is good for your mental health. I become completely depressed if I don't exercise. Maybe you can show off at the gym, join group-sessions and socialize a bit? I think Malaysia has a much better weather than the crap, cold, raining Netherlands (I don't even have a beach near to me, even if I had, our summer has just a couple of weeks where it is warm enough to walk shirtless, you should count yourself lucky for that matter).

Wait for EVP or it's back to the drawing board m8, try other things people suggest.

Btw. I didn't become social either and still live a isolated life, though, that doesn't bother me much because I feel good about myself, most social people I meet are too shallow anyway.

#34 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

non-stop depersonalisation - Praise the lord Sarcosine :cool:

Edited by YoungSchizo, 19 January 2014 - 03:24 PM.

#35 Mobc1990

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

Ok,I hope I can be more confident and most important feel good and don't feel like everyone is focusing me

#36 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

@YoungSchizo: You're welcome :) How long did it take to Sarcosine to help your depersonalization.
I tried it for about a week @ 3g BID, though never noticed any improvements. Perhaps I was too quick to judge, but I figured Sarcosine was too weak.
I still think DP is largely NMDAR mediated, this is why I have good hopes for GLYX-13/NRX-1074.

#37 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

@YoungSchizo: You're welcome :) How long did it take to Sarcosine to help your depersonalization.
I tried it for about a week @ 3g BID, though never noticed any improvements. Perhaps I was too quick to judge, but I figured Sarcosine was too weak.
I still think DP is largely NMDAR mediated, this is why I have good hopes for GLYX-13/NRX-1074.

TBH, within a week but that was on TestForce V2. After switching to Sarcosine alone I had some drawbacks in symptoms, though, DP does not return as long as I stay on Sarco.

Btw. My wake-up coffee aggravated DP while I was on Sarco in the past, haven't been drinking high caffeine drinks for more than 2 years.

Edited by YoungSchizo, 19 January 2014 - 04:08 PM.

#38 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

Thanks. Guess Sarcosine just isn't strong enough of an agonist for my NMDARs.

#39 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

i've found the absolute best thing for depersonalization is tongkat ali...to be honest i'm not totally sure why it works but it does.

#40 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:23 AM

i've found the absolute best thing for depersonalization is tongkat ali...to be honest i'm not totally sure why it works but it does.

Wow.. Tongkat Ali seems like a excellent add-on to my bodybuilding supplementation + I might get a bigger penis from it :happy:

@ Mobc1990

You live in Malaysia where it's extracted, how bout you give us all some quality bigger penises, I mean.. Tongkat Ali's for bodybuilding and DP (I mean DP as in DePersonalization not the 18+ DP :-D )

#41 Mobc1990

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:13 AM

Lol,youngschizo,your post is funny...I can asure you guys tongkat Ali does nothing for mental health,it's a weak brain supplement,as of bigger erection,it's a bit better but brain wise,I think better try other supplement

#42 hathor

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:19 AM

Lol,youngschizo,your post is funny...I can asure you guys tongkat Ali does nothing for mental health,it's a weak brain supplement,as of bigger erection,it's a bit better but brain wise,I think better try other supplement

I have hormonal issues and when my estrogen gets too low it can easily trigger psychosis, so it would not surprise me at all that testosterone~affecting supplements could affect mental health in guys.

#43 Mobc1990

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:45 AM

I just heard from my dad that out business had dropped 25%,I am afriad I got to get used to be not a very rich guy,in fact poor guy,and my dad is not very happy infact frustrated,I am emotionally numb,even I feel the bad effect,god how life can turn the table so fast...I hope evp-6124 can change or other drug and I will try get a better pay job instead of eating and not doing work at dad's company

#44 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

You sure? My interest in Tongkat isn't really for mental reasons, most study's really show it increases quite some testosterone (except for healthy people) without shrimping your balls, thus, free testosterone without side-effects. It also decreases Cortisol thereby lowering stress and muscle breakdown.

#45 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:47 PM

90% of Body Building supplements are actually crap in a bottle sold for insanely high prices. That's not to say that the substances in those pills and powders won't have some effect, but it is likely not the one you will see on the label, other than in a test tube somewhere. LEF has the same problem with their products, wherein they are excellent products that have shown great effacity in-vitro, and then are bottled and sold to the public for generic "life extension" purposes which aren't really supported in-vivo, all for an insanely high price.

Tongkat Ali may have some uses in the hormonal arena, but I would imagine it's basically just like Horny Goat Weed, a generic non-specific PDE Inhibitor which has a slight preference for cGMP over cAMP types, therefore increasing NO a touch and inhibiting the conversion of Androgens into Estrogens. It won't really help with Low T, but it might help you feel like you're getting those "massive pumps".

#46 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

90% of Body Building supplements are actually crap in a bottle sold for insanely high prices. That's not to say that the substances in those pills and powders won't have some effect, but it is likely not the one you will see on the label, other than in a test tube somewhere. LEF has the same problem with their products, wherein they are excellent products that have shown great effacity in-vitro, and then are bottled and sold to the public for generic "life extension" purposes which aren't really supported in-vivo, all for an insanely high price.

Tongkat Ali may have some uses in the hormonal arena, but I would imagine it's basically just like Horny Goat Weed, a generic non-specific PDE Inhibitor which has a slight preference for cGMP over cAMP types, therefore increasing NO a touch and inhibiting the conversion of Androgens into Estrogens. It won't really help with Low T, but it might help you feel like you're getting those "massive pumps".

Yea I know, it's all just advertised BS. I only use BCAA, Creatine and Pregnenolone.

However, Tongkat I never saw advertised in a bodybuilding supplement, I'm making my assumption on scientific medical study's that shows the effects of Tongkat on free Testo levels.

Increasing NO isn't that a bad thing for schizophrenics?

@Longschi sorry for high-jacking your thread :)

#47 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

Personally I take Agmatine (yes, I had to get it as a Body Building supplement, sigh), for it's actions on the PFC, so I speak from experience.

Unchecked NO is a bad thing for anyone, schizophrenics or not.

#48 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:33 AM

i've wanted to try agmatine for a while now does it really differ from arginine all that much in it's effects?

#49 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

It differs greatly. Arginine increases NO levels. Agmatine inhibits NOS and replaces NO in the brain as a neurotransmitter (partially). Has a bit of serotonergic effect, too.

#50 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

Yeah i've read that, what are the subjective effects of agmatine iye?

#51 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

@ Socialpiranha

What's your overall experience with Tongkat? Also, have you been tested for Testo and Cortisol levels while on it and/or does it relieve some stress and increases your libido?

#52 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

studies like this alwas stopped me from trying it...

Increased plasma agmatine levels in patients with schizophrenia

Abstract

Agmatine is an endogenous substance, synthesized from l-arginine, and it is proposed to be a new neurotransmitter. Preclinical studies indicated that agmatine may have an important role in the pathophysiology of schizophrenia. This study was organized to investigate plasma agmatine in patients with schizophrenia and in healthy controls. Eighteen patients with schizophrenia and 19 healthy individuals constituted the subjects. Agmatine levels in the plasma were measured using the HPLC method. The S100B protein level, which is a peripheral biomarker for brain damage, was also measured using the ELISA method. While plasma levels of agmatine in patients with schizophrenia were significantly increased (p < 0.0001) compared to those of healthy individuals (control), there were no significant changes in the levels of S100B protein (p = 0.660). An ROC (receiver operating characteristic) curve analysis revealed that measuring plasma agmatine levels as a clinical diagnostic test would significantly differentiate between patients with schizophrenia and those in the control group (predictive value: 0.969; p < 0.0001). The predictive value of S100B measurements was not statistically significant (p > 0.05). A multiple regression analysis revealed that the age of the patient and the severity of the illness, as indicated by the PANSS score, significantly contributed the plasma agmatine levels in patients with schizophrenia. These results support the hypothesis that an excess agmatine release is important in the development of schizophrenia. The findings also imply that the plasma agmatine level may be a potential biomarker of schizophrenia.
Keywords: <a href="http://www.journalof...Name.piat=piat" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: none; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; color: rgb(51, 102, 153);" title="Search for this keyword within this periodical.">Agmatine, Polyamines, S100B, Schizophrenia, Biomarker

Edited by socialpiranha, 21 January 2014 - 02:36 PM.

#53 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:47 PM

@ Socialpiranha

What's your overall experience with Tongkat? Also, have you been tested for Testo and Cortisol levels while on it and/or does it relieve some stress and increases your libido?

I have very limited experience with it so far but it seems to just diminish some of the background noise that goes on in my head which makes me feel less stressed and more interested in basic urges. it "seems" to help weight lifting by making it slightly more psychologically rewarding but it's subtle and i can't be sure.

#54 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

Do you take the extract or the powder, how many mg/g, and is it 1:50/1:100/1:200?

Seems worth on trying it out myself, thanks.

#55 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

Subjectively it makes me feel a little less "sharp" and a lot more "here". It clears out some of my brain fog, calms me down, and increases my working memory. It seems to do a great job getting rid of all the negative side effects of CILTEP and ADHD, except of course the increased Adrenaline that comes with CILTEP due to the supplementing of catchecoline precursors. I feel more able to function, more here, and less stressed.

It also potentiates marijuana and pain killers. Only have experience with half of that equation, tho.

#56 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

Subjectively it makes me feel a little less "sharp" and a lot more "here". It clears out some of my brain fog, calms me down, and increases my working memory. It seems to do a great job getting rid of all the negative side effects of CILTEP and ADHD, except of course the increased Adrenaline that comes with CILTEP due to the supplementing of catchecoline precursors. I feel more able to function, more here, and less stressed.

It also potentiates marijuana and pain killers. Only have experience with half of that equation, tho.

right on, i'll have to give it a try

Do you take the extract or the powder, how many mg/g, and is it 1:50/1:100/1:200?

Seems worth on trying it out myself, thanks.

I take the source naturals lj100

#57 hathor

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

I don't think cannabis is very helpful to those who are attempting to treat or cure schizo. IME it tends to exasperate schizo symptoms. I don't like it personally, and some of my friends who are schizo use it but I don't think it helps them at all with the schizo; rather it lets them spend more time in the more psychotic states.

#58 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

I wasn't suggesting weed for treating schizophrenia, hathor. I was just saying what my experience with Agmatine is.

#59 Mobc1990

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

I love football/soccer a lot a lot but I dare not join others to play because of social withdrawal

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#60 alexburke

• 80 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:10 PM

Google copingtutor
Its CBT designed for people who hear voices. Its expensive but well worth it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: schizophrenia

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users