memantine amphetamine vyvanse adderall tolerance

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Trippy 1

• 65 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:14 AM

Hey everyone,

I've been hearing many successful reports of people using Memantine to reduce the tolerance to amphetamines. I've come across a few pretty promising studies as well. I'm prescribed Vyvanse (70mg.) for ADHD, which is the highest dosage and I'm struggling with some tolerance issues. I don't abuse the medication but I feel now more than ever that it is wearing off faster and having less pronounced effects overall. I've been on it for over two years and I take breaks very often (at least 2-3x a week). I've also been supplementing chelated magnesium for tolerance issues but have noticed little, if no help. I know DXM has also been shown to reduce/slow tolerance, but it doesn't seem like a safe substance to be consuming on a regular basis.

Other than that, I take a daily multi, fish oil, and coq-10. No other prescription medication.

My question is: Do you think Memantine is something worth looking into and adding to my regiment? I haven't heard much for side effects outside of the first few days of use. I also heard that it will help with any possible neurotoxicity associated with amphetamines.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

#2 Trippy 1

• Topic Starter
  • 65 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:04 AM

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Trippy 1

• Topic Starter
  • 65 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:16 AM

i used before and it helped a little

How long did you use it and at what dose? Any notable side effects? Thanks

#4 Trippy 1

• Topic Starter
  • 65 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

Has anyone else tried this?

#5 agora

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

Bumping an old thread

Yeah I took it for a while and it without a doubt had tolerance reversing properties. I took 5mg and titrated up to 10 mg/day. During this period I was taking 30mg Vyvanse daily (I take Focalin XR now because from the data I've gathered it is less neurotoxic/potentially neuroprotective) and it kept working like the first day I took it (high motivation, focus, concentration, etc.). I had to stop after a while because it made me feel dumb but it doesn't have that effect most people. Pretty good antidepressant though....

Anyways, something I would definitely recommend anyone taking stimulants to try

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Trippy 1

• Topic Starter
  • 65 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

Thanks for the response I'm definitely thinking about giving it a try

Edited by Trippy 1, 09 April 2014 - 08:15 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: memantine, amphetamine, vyvanse, adderall, tolerance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users