jdtic

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#61 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:27 PM

should be there any day now

The guys over at /r/Scholar did me another favor: http://www.sendspace.com/file/n6ukiq (Prodynorphin Biosynthesis and Posttranslational Processing) full-text PDF.
Haven't yet read through it, but I imagined you all would be interested in it, seeing as I myself haven't been able to find how Dynorphin is biosynthesized. Yet to read through it though.
I thought if this doesn't work out, inhibiting biosynthesis of Dynorphin may be interesting.

interesting

benthamite said in regards to analysis:

Yes, we had it tested by an independent lab and the results are consistent with the data published by Carroll's team in the journal of Medicinal Chemistry. You might want to use the data from the original paper as a reference.

#62 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

OK I got the envelope. As pictured on page 2, it appears to be a tiny amount of powder tucked inside a folded up bubblegum wrapper. I'm scared to unwrap this thing and watch the powder fly all over the place. Measuring such a minuscule amount of powder on my milligram scale is probably pointless. My plan is to eat one crystal at a time until I feel something. Updates soon.

Update: it's a sticky powder, not a crystalline substance. Picture coming soon.

Update 2: because it's a sticky powder, I'm scraping very tiny amounts of product off the bubblegum wrapper (yes it's actually a bubblegum wrapper) with a tweezer and licking it off. I've done this a few times and I think I feel a slight mood/thought stabilization effect, but it's only been 20 minutes so could easily be placebo or a first time only effect.

Edited by Jbac, 27 March 2014 - 05:37 PM.

#63 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

Not impressed so far with microgram dosing. Maybe slight mood/thought stabilization but can't tell, and that's it. I'm not sure how much I should take before i give up and ship it to someone else. Working with this small amount of sticky powder is very difficult and a major drawback of jdtic. I'll try waiting a few hours between doses in case the effects take time to build up.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#64 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

i don't think microgram dosages are sufficient the majority of reports required at least 1mg how much would you guess is there? I found it really hard to work with such a small amount i never realized how small a milligram was.

#65 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

Interesting. Jbac, I forgot; do you suffer any neurocognitive or neuropsychiatric issues? I would suppose it would be subtle if you do not.
Anyway, hope that it works out.

#66 addx

• 711 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:08 PM

Not impressed so far with microgram dosing. Maybe slight mood/thought stabilization but can't tell, and that's it. I'm not sure how much I should take before i give up and ship it to someone else. Working with this small amount of sticky powder is very difficult and a major drawback of jdtic. I'll try waiting a few hours between doses in case the effects take time to build up.

that single report by kappazappa if true reported most improvement the following day, after sleep

#67 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:14 PM

i don't think microgram dosages are sufficient the majority of reports required at least 1mg how much would you guess is there? I found it really hard to work with such a small amount i never realized how small a milligram was.

I guess about 2 mg, since the supplier said "a few mgs", so I'll try half the sample. So far I think I've taken maybe 200 mcg.

Interesting. Jbac, I forgot; do you suffer any neurocognitive or neuropsychiatric issues? I would suppose it would be subtle if you do not.
Anyway, hope that it works out.

Yep, ptsd, intrusive thoughts, obsessive thoughts (mental ocd), exagerrated fear response, things which I believe are linked to trauma and learned helplessness which I think kor antagonists are supposed to treat. Plus the usual stuff, anxiety, depression, brain fog etc.

The intrusive/obsessive thoughts are the main symptom and cause me pain pretty much every 10 seconds, so I'd know immediately if this stuff was helping.

Edited by Jbac, 27 March 2014 - 10:21 PM.

#68 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:44 PM

that single report by kappazappa if true reported most improvement the following day, after sleep

Yea that's what I expected, so I'm trying to take naps after dosing.

#69 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:54 AM

doesn't sound too promising at present hopefully effects are delayed

#70 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

Well jdtic is crap, any perceived benefits have worn off and it never improved my baseline levels of anxiety, depression, pain, fear etc. Plus it gives weird chest discomfort for an hour after dosing. There's still a big blotch left so I guess I'll send it to someone with dp/dr/dissociation, since it seems a lot of people here are interested in kor antagonists for dissociation. I could split the remainder in halves and send it to two people if no one is worried about the doses being too small?

Of course things might be different if I took 1 mg per day for 30 days, but how would I know? I thought the full effects were supposed to be apparent after a single dose. 1 gram for $4000 is reasonably affordable at 1 mg per day, but I'm not confident in making the investment anymore.

Edited by Jbac, 28 March 2014 - 05:19 PM.

#71 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

It looks like celebes, addx, formergenius and hzwe want to try the sample. If I split it into four parts it should be anywhere from 250
to 500 micrograms each. In my experience it should be enough to at least feel something (and perhaps assess if it can improve your dp/dr). Is everyone on board with that?

Edited by Jbac, 28 March 2014 - 05:56 PM.

#72 addx

• 711 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

Yea, Id try. Im interested in chest discomfort. Kappa agonists unlike mu agonist do not cause much breathing issues.

If my theories now posted elsewhere are correct, the main function of opioids should be supression of death instict of lower level domain of body. Tissue death instinct is signalled as pain and numbed by opioids for a higher purpose(chasing pray for example). Opioids also reward the sacrificed cells by inducing proliferation if hunt resulted in food, insulin etc.

Now, pain/emotions are mainly processed through serotonin. Serotonin local injections cause pain and are part of some insects venom afaik.

I also know that clearance of serotonin from blood immediately and profoundly rescues asthma. You can try it with tianeptine, the only SSRE antidepressant.

So... Antagonism of kor should rescue pain sensing meaning more serotonin(asthma) in lungs. I do beleive lungs are more KOR than MOR oriented as well..

Its a really wild conjecture but I do have a feeling that kor antagonism needs to be combined with something else?

#73 hzwe

• 9 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

Sure, I like to try.

#74 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:37 PM

Sorry to hear that Jbac. Yes, I'd very much like to try some.. I do have quite severe dissociation, DP, and DR, so hopefully it'll be indicative of whether it at least can be utilized in such issues.
This seller is really skimping on samples, eh? I mean, if it were me, I'd just send 10mgs. Anyhow, let me know how you'd like to proceed Jbac, and I can send you the money for shipping etc.

#75 celebes

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:39 PM

Same here.

#76 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

Shipping is on the house (unless you want EMS), just PM your address.

#77 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

Shipping is on the house (unless you want EMS), just PM your address.

Awesome, thanks a lot! Sent you a PM :)

#78 AWATS

• 10 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:22 AM

Any sample left, or has it all been claimed?

#79 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

I mailed the samples yesterday, sorry about the huge delay guys (I have major procrastination problems). I tried to divide it evenly but I had to eyeball the amounts, so it wasn't very accurate. And every time I transferred powder from one piece of paper to another (to even out the samples), I lost some product, because it sticks to everything like flour. Eventually I had to stop trying to even them out to minimize risk of losing too much product.

The samples are folded up in small sheets of white paper and wrapped with tape. You'll have to peel off the tape, unfold the paper carefully, and probably lick off the powder if you want to get it all. Sorry AWATS, there wasn't enough powder to make a 5th sample, I'm not even sure if there's enough in the other four samples for a decent dose.

#80 addx

• 711 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

Maybe Im advertising but my thread on ageing (part of a theory I'm constructing) evolved into a lot about the opioids, you might wanna check out a broader picture of why they're important. I actually explain their evolutionary sense, a bit rambley at the begging but about half down the second page I made an overview of fundamentals of a part of my theory, but the last page contains the tangible part of my theory - opioids - what they actually do.

Read it if you can and give some feedback please, I need it :) Kinda manic ATM :)

http://www.longecity...n-in-evolution/

Edited by addx, 08 April 2014 - 06:31 PM.

#81 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

Sample arrived today, thanks Jbac! Haven't unpacked or used it yet. I'm quite surprised it came through customs; it's about the size of cocaine-packaging known as "ponypaks".
I plan on using it tomorrow or the day after, for I've only today finally managed to successfully flip my sleep schedule from being nocturnal to diurnal. I want that to settle in a bit before using; I've become very fatigued in the process of attempting to fix my sleep schedule, so I want to minimize the possibility of that interfering with my evaluation.

I presume all of you have seen this already, but for reference's sake; check out LY2456302. Though at the price Veritas Incorruptus was quoted, it would be $120 for a day's worth unfortunately. Though I'm not sure which lab that was quoted from, so perhaps our Chinese friends will have a better price? $6000 for 100 grams sounds more reasonable. Is it just me, or are these KOR antagonists seemingly more expensive in particular? Anyone up for contacting T&W?

Also; what about KOR partial agonists?

Lastly, Veritas also got quoted $10/mg for JDTic, min. order 250mg. US lab. I know these initial reports have been disappointing.. I wonder whether, despite this, there is still enough interest in a group buy? It would seem like such a pity to pass off JDTic or KOR antagonists because of the disappointing feedback of it with such questionable circumstances. At the very least, confirming its inactivity or adverse effects would help us pruning towards something that does work. It seems so unlikely that it doesn't help; LY2 is now being trialled for depression.

Edited by formergenius, 10 April 2014 - 04:41 PM.

#82 socialpiranha

• Topic Starter
  • 540 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

Yeah i'm still not sure if any of us got actual jdtic, and i would like to wait and see how you guys' experience with it goes. I'll speak to the guys at t&w about LY2  i'm already talking to them about doing up some indeloxazine.

#83 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

Sample arrived today, thanks Jbac! Haven't unpacked or used it yet. I'm quite surprised it came through customs; it's about the size of cocaine-packaging known as "ponypaks".

Oops lol

#84 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

Literally just took the JDTic 10 seconds ago. It tastes like cocaine too, haha!
Was really small indeed; I wouldn't think it to be any more than 250mcg. I didn't even see it at first, until I wiped my thumb on the paper and was left with a white residue on my thumb, which I then proceeded to lick off as well as the paper.

I'll update later tonight and tomorrow.

I was thinking: Veritas Incorruptus said he had received a quotation from a supplier; perhaps he could request a sample as well?

#85 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

Well.. 5 and a half hours later, and I haven't noticed anything. I'm thinking the sample was simply too small. Sure, such doses may suffice for a healthy individual such as David Pearce, but for someone with dissociation (thus suspected hyperdynorphinism/hyperKORactivation), I suspect the dose necessary to bring about effects would be substantially higher (e.g. >2mg).

I'm going to talk to Veritas and see if we can arrange a larger sample.

#86 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:03 PM

Well.. never noticed anything from JDTic, neither good, nor bad.

I spoke to Veritas, and it is not possible to get a sample, unless we pay substantially more, as they are apparently quite a reputable company.

So... are we giving up on this, or are we going to continue with Veritas' source?

#87 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

Has veritas even confirmed that they'll ship to a non-lab address?

#88 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

Has veritas even confirmed that they'll ship to a non-lab address?

That wouldn't be an issue.

#89 celebes

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:44 PM

Here's what I got. Put it under my tongue. Oily and moderately bitter, what you'd expect. Didn't feel anything, don't think there was enough to have much of an effect.

5ox4wI9.jpg

#90 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

Longecity crashed last night.. was trying to post about PF-04455242: http://jpet.aspetjou...185108.full.pdf
It seems to have been tested in humans: http://clinicaltrial...erm=pf-04455242
Though one study has been curiously terminated it seems. Either way, interesting stuff.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jdtic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users