Niagen (nicotinamide riboside) group buy

nicotinamide ribo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
241 replies to this topic

#1 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

Introduction

I have noticed that quite a few people have been buying Niagen (nicotinamide riboside) to try and because they are tired of waiting for the bulk powder group buy to happen. I am organising a group buy of Niagen. I have managed to negotiate a price of $33.60 per bottle just for a group buy from here as opposed to $47.99 everywhere else. That works out as a 30% discount and I havent seen it discounted at all anywhere. The catch is that we need to purchase at least 100 bottles and the minimum order size per person is 6 bottles. Of course if 6 bottles is too much, then you could organise something with others here to split your order but that would have to be something you arrange between yourselves.

Advantages over bulk powder group buy

I am aware that there are efforts to source this in bulk powder form and at a lower cost per gram ( http://www.longecity...side-group-buy/ ). That may take a while to organise if any of the other group buys are any indication and could even fall through. Another thing to note is that it is my understanding that the powder used in Niagen is from Chromadex which is a US based lab (words from Niagen contact: "it is 100% manufactured in the United States") and the quality is extreemly high. It is packaged in bottles and measured into 125mg dose caps which also helps for some people who don't want to spend time weighing out. The per Kilo price of this won't compete with the group buy but may only work out at double the per gram cost and you don't have to buy too much either.

Continuing support for bulk powder group buy

I am all for these other efforts and will personally be supporting then fully. I see this Niagen group buy as an intrim solution for those like me who want to get started. If you are interested, please let me know and I will add you to the list. We need to get to 17 batches of 6 bottles.

So far we have:

PWAIN x 2 batches
nbourbaki
BobSeitz
  • like x 1

#2 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:04 PM

A few logistic related questions:
How is payment for one's order to be made? And to whom?
How is shipping to each purchaser arranged?
Is there an additional charge for shipping?
Are you arranging this purchase through HPN (High Performance Nutrition)?

So, (hypothetically) if I'm in for six bottles, who do I make my payment to? What are the payment options? Will the supplier (HPN?) make individual shipments to each purchaser? Or, is the 100 bottle bulk buy going to one person (you - PWAIN) who will then re-ship to individual buyers?

#3 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:49 PM

I'm in. I'll take 2 batches. 12 bottles
I appreciate APBT 's question...more info please. Should we PM you?

Edited by Kevnzworld, 25 March 2014 - 11:51 PM.

#4 PWAIN

• Topic Starter
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:24 AM

A few logistic related questions:
How is payment for one's order to be made? And to whom?
How is shipping to each purchaser arranged?
Is there an additional charge for shipping?
Are you arranging this purchase through HPN (High Performance Nutrition)?

So, (hypothetically) if I'm in for six bottles, who do I make my payment to? What are the payment options? Will the supplier (HPN?) make individual shipments to each purchaser? Or, is the 100 bottle bulk buy going to one person (you - PWAIN) who will then re-ship to individual buyers?

Good questions!

I live in Australia so shipping to me would be a very bad idea. Very ocassionally customs here will seize what you are bringing in and it is very difficult to get back not to mention that tax would be applied to any goods with over $1000 value. This is the main reason I haven't run any group buys but thought I could give back in a direct shipping buy.

I think the way this will work is to use the HPN website (yes it is through them). All orders would be placed much like normal with standard shipping charges. Each person would be able to have their order posted direct to them. This is of course just speculation at this time. I have sent an email asking these questions and will post back here when I get the reply. I have sugested that a secret coupon code might be a way to do this. I have also asked what the purity of the powder used in the caps is. I suspect 99% but again will await confirmation.

Kevnzworld, at this stage I am just trying to get numbers. Once I have more info and have heard back about APBT's questions I will let you know what next steps to take.

So far we have:

PWAIN x 2 batches
nbourbaki
BobSeitz
Kevnzworld x 2 batches
tintinet
prophets
APBT

Sorry, can't edit first post so will update the list here.

Edited by PWAIN, 26 March 2014 - 01:20 AM.

#5 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:25 AM

I'll take 6 bottles. Gotta give this stuff a decent trial, at least.

Edited by tintinet, 26 March 2014 - 12:27 AM.

#6 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:01 AM

I just did a very quick perusal of the HPN site. They state free USPS shipping and sales tax is collected for deliveries to Texas. Also, they offer a three bottle (total) price of $129.99 or $43.33 per bottle.

If there is an overwhelming interest, I wonder if HPN would offer a steeper discount? Say for 200 bottles.

Edited by APBT, 26 March 2014 - 01:10 AM.

#7 PWAIN

• Topic Starter
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:06 AM

Ok, I got a reply to my email. I will quote the relevant part:

As far as payment, we will make a discount code for our web-store that will be active for a 3 day period once we have everyone's orders accounted for. This is the easiest way to make sure everyone's shipping info is accurate and etc.

For shipping all orders will be shipped via USPS Priority. We will ship Domestic USA orders free, but international shipments will have a $16 charge. The actual cost will be closer to $25-30 but we will cover the rest.

Our material is Nicotinamide Riboside Chloride and it is great than 99% purity. This is the material that is being used in all the latest research. I know this because the material transfer agreements all use our material.

Hope this answers everyones questions

Edited by PWAIN, 26 March 2014 - 01:07 AM.

#8 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:07 AM

You can add my name. Thanks.

#9 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:12 AM

If the purchase is directly via HPN and not some convoluted process and there are no hidden charges, I'm in for six (6) bottles ($201.60).

#10 PWAIN

• Topic Starter
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:18 AM

If the purchase is directly via HPN and not some convoluted process and there are no hidden charges, I'm in for six (6) bottles ($201.60).

As quoted above, it will simply be a code that you use on the HPN website. Trying to keep this straightforward. I will probably be given the code which I will share with participants and we will then all have 3 days in which to make our purchases.
  • like x 1

#11 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:10 AM

I'm in for 12 bottles.

#12 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:48 AM

Thanks PWAIN for putting this together for us!

#13 PWAIN

• Topic Starter
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:49 AM

I don't understand this forum software, I cannot edit my earlier posts again. Anyway:

So far we have:

PWAIN x 2 batches
nbourbaki
BobSeitz
Kevnzworld x 2 batches
tintinet
prophets
APBT
Hebbeh x 2 batches

#14 Iporuru

• 216 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

Thanks PWAIN! I'm also in for 6 bottles.

#15 PWAIN

• Topic Starter
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

So far we have:

PWAIN x 2 batches
nbourbaki
BobSeitz
Kevnzworld x 2 batches
tintinet
prophets
APBT
Hebbeh x 2 batches
Iporuru

Thats 12 batches, only 5 more to go. This is going to happen!!! :))

#16 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

sign me up for 6 bottles please :)

#17 PWAIN

• Topic Starter
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:09 AM

So far we have:

PWAIN x 2 batches
nbourbaki
BobSeitz
Kevnzworld x 2 batches
tintinet
prophets
APBT
Hebbeh x 2 batches
Iporuru
Adaptogen

#18 nbourbaki

• 106 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

To help get this off the ground, please increase my commitment to 2 batches

Thanks

#19 abcmanomandriepunt1

• 133 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

Edit : Never mind, 6 bottles is too much for me since Dutch customs will let me pay a lot of money for importing it (above 150$). If somebody want to share a batch i'm in though....

Edited by tylerdurden, 26 March 2014 - 01:20 PM.

#20 Ehvam

• 41 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

Is this a good start for a newbie? Although I take alot of supps I take nothing directly aimed at longevity. I take
coq10
fish oil
gotu cola
magnesium
alcar
ala
lions mane
occasional sam-e, theanine, epimedium

would this be a good addition to the stack?

I've been reading about it and it seems interesting. I was thinking of trying c60, but it's a bit mysterious.
if so I'm in for 6

#21 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

Please put me down for a batch of 6 bottles.

#22 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

PWAIN
Since you have an open dialog with HPN, I have a couple of questions I'm curious about.
How was the 250 mg dose arrived at?
How was the early AM dosing time arrived at?

#23 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

PWAIN
Since you have an open dialog with HPN, I have a couple of questions I'm curious about.
How was the 250 mg dose arrived at?
How was the early AM dosing time arrived at?

Higher doses of nicotinamide have a much higher half life than lower doses due to methylation. The metabolic clearance pathways become saturated. 3.5 hours vs .6
I think that early morning after fasting and on an empty stomach allows for better bioavailability.
The dose is probably determined by economic factors. A thirty day supply for $50 must be the sweet spot marketing wise. Those that can afford it will take more. I take 375 mg
If they had direct data regarding dosage and NAD enhancement it would be published and advertised.
http://diabetes.diab.../2/152.full.pdf

Edited by Kevnzworld, 26 March 2014 - 11:17 PM.

#24 PWAIN

• Topic Starter
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:34 PM

So far we have:

PWAIN x 2 batches
nbourbaki x 2 batches
BobSeitz
Kevnzworld x 2 batches
tintinet
prophets
APBT
Hebbeh x 2 batches
Iporuru
Adaptogen
stephen_b
(Maybe) Ehvam
(Possible split?) tylerdurden

APBT, I'll pass your questions on and let you know when I hear back.

#25 zen

• 138 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:37 PM

Please count me in for 6 bottles - thanks!

#26 Ehvam

• 41 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:33 AM

count me in for it. 1 batch of 6 bottles

#27 PWAIN

• Topic Starter
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:38 AM

So far we have:

PWAIN x 2 batches
nbourbaki x 2 batches
BobSeitz
Kevnzworld x 2 batches
tintinet
prophets
APBT
Hebbeh x 2 batches
Iporuru
Adaptogen
stephen_b
zen
Ehvam
(Possible split?) tylerdurden

So now we have 17 confirmed batches (102 bottles) and a possible split. So this looks like it is definetly going ahead. I am thinking of making next Thursday morning (3rd April) the last day to put your name down. Then on the Friday (4th April) I will pm the code which will be valid for 3 days ie. the Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Does this work for everyone? I'm trying to give people time to make sure their finances are ready for the order.

#28 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:06 AM

So now we have 17 confirmed batches (102 bottles) and a possible split. So this looks like it is definetly going ahead. I am thinking of making next Thursday morning (3rd April) the last day to put your name down. Then on the Friday (4th April) I will pm the code which will be valid for 3 days ie. the Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Does this work for everyone? I'm trying to give people time to make sure their finances are ready for the order.

Works for me, and many thanks for your efforts.

#29 PWAIN

• Topic Starter
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:30 AM

I asked the following questions:

1. How was the 250 mg dose arrived at?
2. How was the early AM dosing time arrived at?
3. Is there any known overdose level and what organs are adversly affected with large doses?
4. Is it better to take a large dose to maximise half life or to spread it out through the day?
5. What is your opinion of David Sinclairs research into NR?

And these are the answers I got:

1) we arrived at the 250mg dosing by conducting our own in house studies with a sample of 50 testers. At the 250mg dosing we had next to no reported side effects. At 500mg there were 3 reported side effects of anxiety/tension/nausea. I believe the the data that will come back from our clinical study on going currently will show that the optimal dose is between 250-500mg.
2) The AM dosing protocol was selected to ensure that NAD level were increased significantly enough to make a difference. However if someone was taking 500mg, we do advise splitting the dosage to maximize and sustain the NAD Level increase.
3) There is no known overdose level, and it would certainly be at the multiple gram level, the product is very safe. This is further illustrated by our BSCG and NSF approvals.
4) Same as #2
5) Sinclair's research is fascinating, and he is fascinated with N® as an NAD precursor
  • like x 2

#30 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

I have some concerns over safety of LT use of this product. If anyone can answer these questions, I would be appreciative:

1. Half life of NR. How long does this stay in the system? I think it's best used in pulsatile fashion.
2. Downregulation of P53. If the NAD+/NADH ratio is adjusted substantially, SIRT1 upregulated, then P53 becomes downregulated. How do we mitigate the cancer risks associated with this outcome of opposing P53? EOD usage? Alternative solutions to upregulating P53? The dosage scheme that this company has come up with does not seem to be rooted in any scientific thought (at least for LT use).

The product is amazing, but maybe too good for a reason.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nicotinamide ribo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users