FASORACETAM

fasoracetam adhd racetam ns-105 lam-105 nsn

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#121 telight

• 173 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

In my case - Yes, just the climax itself is like "meh".. :D

Is the build up to an orgasm still as pleasurable? I allways use stims wich make sex last for ages and barely ever orgasm, just the build up feeling for hours keeps me satisfied.

This summarizes my experience as well.

#122 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

Well, I guess that we have an epidemic here of meh-orgasm.  You know if we continue to see this here people will begin to call it the longecity syndrome.

Telight, how long does the 20mg/month dose effect lasted?  Did it last for weeks?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

Yeah. does Faso lose effect after certain intervals?  Is it like a stim, or a Serotonergic, in this regard? Or does every dose more or less retain their strength?

#124 telight

• 173 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

Telight, how long does the 20mg/month dose effect lasted?  Did it last for weeks?

I did take it at about this dosage for a month. After I stopped I still felt the effects for at least a week. There are acute effects (increased motivation), and there are long term effects. The best way to describe the long term effects would probably be: increased mental stamina. Although the feeling that the drug produces is novel to me.

Yeah. does Faso lose effect after certain intervals?  Is it like a stim, or a Serotonergic, in this regard? Or does every dose more or less retain their strength?

There is definitely some change from the first dose. The first dose tends to bring a period of brain fog which is absent in subsequent dosings. Some effects become diminished, but in all in all it essentially doesn't have much tolerance for the acute effects. I went up to higher doses and started experiencing more intense experiences even after having taken the substance for a while.

• like x 2

#125 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:11 PM

Now that, sounds rather good.

I'm guessing that the fact that it doesn't seem to lose much in efficiency ( unlike stims, which for some can have very fast tolerance-build), has to do with the fact that it interacts primarily with the glutamatergic system - some of the receptors it affects, actually LOWER NMDA-activity, which would prevent tolerance, to a certain amount.

Rather interesting - it's actually been researched, much like Memantine and other NMDA-antagonists, for Alzheimers, but I do believe it was found to be ineffective there.

For other cognitive uses tho'... it certainly has it's place on the list of useful compounds.

#126 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

Has anyone who is tolerant to Phenibut tried Fasoracetam? I've been dosing for a full day and one dose this morning so far and I feel it is potentiating the anxiolytic effects of phenibut. I've been hooked on it for well over a year and typically don't feel any effects from it. It it is subtle but there is def something going on here. I expected Fasoracetam to make me anxious but its been the opposite. I'll report more after work. So far a 2-3mg sublingual dose was taken. Then  2 20-30mg doses and a 50mg dose. The half life does feel pretty short but effects seem to be building already.

#127 xsiv1

• 463 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

Has anyone who is tolerant to Phenibut tried Fasoracetam? I've been dosing for a full day and one dose this morning so far and I feel it is potentiating the anxiolytic effects of phenibut. I've been hooked on it for well over a year and typically don't feel any effects from it. It it is subtle but there is def something going on here. I expected Fasoracetam to make me anxious but its been the opposite. I'll report more after work. So far a 2-3mg sublingual dose was taken. Then 2 20-30mg doses and a 50mg dose. The half life does feel pretty short but effects seem to be building already.

What effects are building already? Are you talking specifically about it's anxiolytic effects?

#128 komoku

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:49 PM

for those that have taken fasoracetam, i was wondering if anyone noticed any changes to blood pressure at all... does fasoracetam increase, decrease, or not change blood pressure?

#129 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:08 PM

The effects that seem to be building are improved mood, relaxation and reduced anxiety. Now these effects may be due to my normal daily phenibut dose of 1.5 grams a day. I noticed even when taking 800mgs I felt the effects of it which never happens. I'm completely tolerant to it and experience no reduced anxiety or positive effets. There is one other factor that makes me unsure and that is that Liftmode ran out of Phenibut HCL and I was forced to by the Free form Amino Acid. I highly doubt that the amino acid is that much better where I can feel the effects. I can honestly say that I feel the orginal Phenibut effects coming back. I really didn't expect this. I'm hoping this will allow me to taper off much easier. One dose may actually last the whole day now rather than having to dose 2 times due to Upregulation of Gaba B. Interestingly the Effects of Phenibut are noticed immedietly as the Fasoracetam is kicking in rather than when it wears off which I thought would have been the case. I can also say I feel the Dopamine effects much more also most likely from Phenibut combined with Faso. If Faso improves Gaba functioning could that in tern cause better dopamine function for those not on phenibut? I'm def not educated enough to make a good guess.

I havn't tried to orgasm yet. I've been on the No fap thing for quite some time and have found when going weeks without the orgasm usually isn't that great when you finally do it so I don't know if I want to waste my energy seeing if I get powerful orgasm's. I wouldn't be surprised if possibly it was more intense due to the phenibut. I'll report back when I decide to pull the Trigger or If a pull a girl.

As far as Nootropic effects I don't notice anything like a sharp focus and head clearing effect like Adrafinil or Piracetam but I do feel much more motivated. Due to the potentiation of the Phenibut I am feeling my Daily Suboxone dose more than usual also. I'm somewhat amazed.

For those taking Fasoracetam that arn't hooked on Phenibut I wouldn't expect same effects from it.

I havn't noticed any increased or decreased Blood pressure from Faso. The first dose I didn't feel a whole lot from but after a few doses I started noticing effects.

I'm also noticing increased music appreciation once again possibly due to Phenibut coming back to life but I don't remember ever noticing these effects from Phenibut years ago when I wasn't dependent.

Edited by Introspecta, 28 July 2014 - 08:38 PM.

#130 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:36 PM

Well I accidently pulled the Trigger already. Faso seems to have boosted my libido quite a bit and the orgasm was quite powerful. Could Phenibut possibly reverse the Orgasm problem? Could Faso reduce orgasm at first but once off increase pleasure?

This is only my second day taking it though so this could change. My doses started tiny and have gradually gotten higher. This morning I took 50mgs and when home from work another 50mgs. Increased Color Saturation is taking place which is an effect Phenibut gave back in the Honeymoon days but unfortunately was long gone.

I wish their were more reports on this drug. I know I saw more people that said they were ordering that never reported back. Everyone is probably scared due to the orgasm effect

#131 komoku

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

for those suffering from the orgasm issues... anyone tried maca root as an inexpensive way to potentially reverse issues? conflicting studies on it's efficacy but i'd imagine if you're having sexual dysfunctions, it could be worth trying.

#132 matter_of_time

• 135 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

what is the best place to buy faso?

#133 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

There is only one place I know of and its Newstar Nootropics.

#134 MangekyōPeter

• 171 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:03 PM

TeamTLR also has it, pricing is a tad friendlier as well

#135 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:45 PM

We could use some more long-term info in this thread.

I'm specifically interested in the coordination and dexterity-aspects of this compound - does it increase dexterity? If some of you for instance, have trouble with hand-writing, did you experience improved writing on this drug?

If some of you have had problems with athleticism, did you notice an improvement?

Even if none of you have had any specific difficulties with motor-control in some regard, some feedback on the effects of Faso, or non-effect on motor-functions, would be nice.

Now, there is some things suggesting Faso might have choline-reuptake properties, even if only indirectly, and it definitely has indirect dopamine-function, that much is clear - so it SHOULD affect motor-functions to SOME degree - but to what degree?

I've seen a total of ONE report of increased motor-function, improved motor-learning, the whole works, really. But that's just one report... nobody else seems to notice any change to their motor-systems.

So please, those of you who have tried it - Does it affect motor-systems?

In theory, since the genetic data-sequencing that led to the current research on Faso, included subjects with comorbid mutations to their mGlu -networks, some of which are implied in not only motor-problems, but speech, sensory-input, and a whole host of co-morbid NPD's, there might be some effect on secondary learning- disabilities, and if there is, I definitely want to know.

Some people report INCREASED dexterity on other Racetams as well - anybody in this thread noticed that? If so, Faso might affect motor-functions too, and since it's a h*lluva' lot stronger than most other racetams, this might just be what the Dr. ordered - for those of us with either DCD or dysgraphia.

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 04 August 2014 - 10:47 PM.

#136 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:38 AM

Why do I always write in such a confrontational and demanding way when I have anxiety of some sort...? The above post is because I've become somewhat depressed about my DCD and Dysgraphia - it's really starting to put the kibosh on my professional career. I've got a test for my drivers-license, which I've tried to get for several years, but the DCD keeps putting a cap on my ability to handle various models of cars.

( every car is different, and every time I try a new one, I'm back to square one: I can't pass the test in a car I haven't driven extensively.)

Anyways, I actually e-mailed Dr. Hakonarson, the scientist researching Fasoracetam and other glutaminergic compounds as treatment for cognitive disorders, tonight! =) If he replies, we might soon have some more valid data on Fasoracetam... I asked him if he has started trials on the drug, and if he's going to be publishing data soon - hopefully he has, and hopefully he will.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • like x 1

#137 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

Dr. Hakonarson actually replied back!

He did have a few things that he could mention, chief among them, was that the patient-trials aren't far off, late 2014 is the projected start-date for a preliminary study on the effects of Fasoracetam, on certain patient-groups with ADHD.

( these would be the ones who have other cognitive deficits as well, such as DCD, dyslexia, or Intellectual Disability)

VERY exciting! Soon, we'll know a lot more about the mode of effect of Fasoracetam, and whom of us which would benefit the most from this compound.

Keep your eyes on PubMed in the near future, folks! Things are about to get interesting...

To: xxx@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: May I ask a few questions, regarding your research?
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 23:39:49 +0000

Thank you xxx, we recently published a paper in Nat Communication on the role of mGluR gene networks in Autism (somewhat comparable to what we have seen in ADHD).  We have identified ADHD patients with mutations in this pathway we believe will benefit from taking fasoracetam.  We are in the planning phase of the first clinical trial we will launch this Fall and have the first human trial results in ADHD in the Feb/March 2015 timeframe which will tell us if the drug has efficacy in ADHD, at least in a preliminary way; hope this information is helpful to you.

Best

Hakon 

Btw, I'm in the planning stages of aquiring some new cognitive agents, to combat my deficiencies, and I'm rather curious... how would you guys say Fasoracetam compares PRICE-EFFICIENCY-ratio, compared to other compounds?

Basically, if you were to rank it with:

Piracetam
Aniracetam

Methylphenidate
Amphetamine

Modafinil

Guanfacine

Then how would you rank it? The reason I'm asking, is because prior to Faso coming on the market, a combo of Modafinil and Guanfacine seemed like the most logical solution for me, altho' pricy, but if Faso is actually as good as BOTH, combined, but cheaper than even ONE of them, then obviously buying Faso makes more sense.

• like x 6
  • Cheerful x 2

#138 PowerfulP

• 30 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:38 AM

I just finished Day 4 of Faso and came to report. I have definitely noticed some positive effects. Not subtle but not overwhelming. Somewhere right in the middle.

I have not noticed any cognitive benefit yet. I do feel a tiny bit more motivated. Nothing like a stimulant, but there is something there. 

It feels very clean. This is hard for me to describe in any other way. It feels almost like it is tidying up. 

I have experimented with many of the -racetams and other nootropics over the past nearly 15 years without noticing too much. I would say that this, phenylpiracetam, and perhaps Noopept are the only ones that give me some sort of benefit that is a bit too "pushy" for the placebo effect to account for. The placebo effect is somewhat strong for me too. 

I have not needed a choline supplement with Faso. Seeing as it is a -racetam, I did not want to take any chances on the first day. Since then I have tried it both with and without Alpha-GPC and notice no difference. No headache without. 

My sleep has not been good during the first four days, but I cannot say that should be attributed to the Faso. Differences are that I fall asleep easier, but it is short-lived, waking up within an hour or two and finding it difficult to fall asleep again. This is abnormal. Usually it's difficult to fall asleep but easier to sleep for a longer duration. I have not noticed the effect that a couple of others mentioned about reliving and analyzing events in dreams. I either am not dreaming or I am not remembering my dreams. This is also abnormal.  

I have woken up extra anxious and a bit down with racing thoughts. More so than normal. It is incredibly easy to shake those feelings off quickly with a little positive thinking as I go about starting my day. Not sure if there is even a correlation here though, so I will continue monitoring this. 

I have been dosing about 7mg sublingually every few hours on some of the days. Lowest daily dosage has been 28mg. Highest has been 84mg. No huge noticeable difference for me. I have not found the effects to be dose dependent.  Since Faso has been studied extensively when it was tested as a potential Alzheimer's drug, I don't feel any trepidation to try higher dosages up to 100mg going forward. Plus, as I said, something about it feels very clean. I know that lacks scientific basis, but it's a very real feeling that I don't want to discount altogether. 

I was also curious if Faso would have a noticeable affect on phenibut since it is said to up regulate GABA-B receptors. I was hoping it would either help me go off easier and restore the effects of a low dose taken as needed going forward. Unfortunately I have not noticed the same effect that Introspecta reported. One morning I did feel the phenibut "magic" dopamine rush of slight euphoria come back again, really akin to a very low dose MDMA. However, that feeling dissipated within less than 5 minutes. 

This is unfortunate because I took phenibut to get off a long-term benzo with INCREDIBLE success. But now my hope was for Faso to get me off this medication merry-go-round completely. But no such luck yet. 

I do feel somewhat more upbeat. But I think this is 95% attributable to things going on in my life right now. Too early to say. 

I have not yet stacked this with other nootropics. I plan to try this with Noopept and ppiracetam. 

It is still too early to come to any conclusions. I will continue with the Faso and report back my findings. 

• like x 3
  • Informative x 2

#139 PowerfulP

• 30 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

Today is Day 6 of faso. I don't have too much to update. My sleep is still off. But I noticed I do feel more tired in the morning after a bad night of sleep again now, like normal. I do notice a tiny lift when taking faso sublingually. It seems to last about one hour. Closest thing I can compare it to is a slight nicotine buzz. I have not noticed it potentiating phenibut or reducing tolerance yet. I have not had any more instances of the 5-minute phenibut "magic".  Faso still has that clean feel that is hard to describe. I noticed a slight headache today for the first time. I'm not sure if that should be attributed to faso. I will continue monitoring... 

#140 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:34 PM

How much Phenibut are you taking it and have you been taking it daily?

I never updated on my Faso Phenibut experiment. Faso Seemed to potentiate it in the beginning causing euphoria for a few days but it later turned out to cause anxiety and a yucky feeling in between phenibut doses. It was almost like Phenibut was potentiated but then after continously dosing it was slightly blocked by Faso's effects. It is so hard to say though. I ended up quitting the Faso because I didn't like the way I felt. I'm now stable on 1.5 grams of Phenibut FAA with little to no side effects.

Like I said earlier  in the post I switched from being on Phenibut HCL to Phenibut FAA and I still wonder if some of what I was feeling was due to the difference in Phenibut. There is a chance FAA acts on Gaba b slightly different but there is no evidence and is just a speculation.

I would like to take a few doses of Faso to see if it begins to potentiate Phenibut again but I fear it will make me high again and eventually turn into an uncomfortable feeling.

I will be detoxing off Phenibut in a few weeks using 1-3 mgs Diclazapam for 6 days tapering down to nothing the 7th and 8th days. I will then purchase some L-theanine and use for any lingering withdrawals. Once completely off Phenibut for a few weeks I may try another trial of Faso.

All in all it is definetly not the drug to be using to get off Phenibut. It may be helpful to bring Gaba B function back to normal after detoxing but could also cause additional anxiety during the PAWS stage.

Edited by Introspecta, 20 August 2014 - 10:49 PM.

#141 PowerfulP

• 30 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:39 PM

Faso - I've taken approximately 60mg sublingually yesterday and today. Still searching for the right dosage really. Phenibut - 1.5grams daily. 

What is your dosage of Faso? Also how much Phenibut are you taking it and have you been taking it daily?

Edited by PowerfulP, 20 August 2014 - 10:55 PM.

#142 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:04 PM

Hmm... 1.5 GRAMS worth of Phenibut seems awfully much. Why are you guys on such high doses? Isn't 1500 mg's even the max dosage? If you have to take that much, it might not be the best option for you guys, since if you go higher, there's apparently problems with body-temperature and other nasties that seems to pop up.

Btw, do any of you suffer from some type of NPD ( neuro-psychiatric disorder)? Like, do you have DCD, dyscalculia, ADHD-PI, dyslexia, ASD or anything like that?

I'm curious if you do, and if you noticed any effect on THOSE problems, instead of the effects on mood and memory.

#143 PowerfulP

• 30 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:36 PM

I began taking phenibut daily to taper off of a benzo prescription. I don't advocate trading one dependency for another, but it was a strategic decision I'm glad I made. I do not intend to continue with the 1.5grams daily and I plan to slowly taper off as well. 

Good question about NPD. I have mild ADHD-PI. I actually do feel like I can maintain a general focus with greater ease, but that focus can still dart very quickly. No change in impulsivity or memory. I mentioned some improvement in motivation, although it is mild. Stimulants PRN seem to be the most effective chemical solution for me. They improve my focus greatly but make impulsivity worse. Phenibut is actually a close second for me, as it improves my focus, memory, motivation, and ability to think more objectively and ability to stay on task with ease. Any faso effect so far would be incredibly subtle in comparison. Again, it is only Day 6, so we will see.

I don't want to come to any conclusions yet, but I am not feeling too much from faso other than that clean feeling and the few minor things I've already mentioned. The only real negative effect to note is acute anxiety every morning so far. But that is almost enough in itself to make me consider stopping this trial. But I will continue on...

Hmm... 1.5 GRAMS worth of Phenibut seems awfully much. Why are you guys on such high doses? Isn't 1500 mg's even the max dosage? If you have to take that much, it might not be the best option for you guys, since if you go higher, there's apparently problems with body-temperature and other nasties that seems to pop up.

Btw, do any of you suffer from some type of NPD ( neuro-psychiatric disorder)? Like, do you have DCD, dyscalculia, ADHD-PI, dyslexia, ASD or anything like that?

I'm curious if you do, and if you noticed any effect on THOSE problems, instead of the effects on mood and memory.

#144 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:00 AM

That's interesting that you mention acute anxiety... May I ask you, what do STIMS feel like, for you? For me, they are quite anxiety-inducing, after prolonged use - so I try to cycle off them as often as I can - they just make me feel... pressured, chased, SCARED, ANGRY, otherwise.

A lot of people that have otherwise tried Faso doesn't seem to report this anxiety-inducing effect - more like anxiolytic, it seems! 0.o

So... why would you be different? What's the difference in your brain-chemistry..? Hmm...

Unlike the others, I think you're the first to try it, that actually has ADHD-PI. ( so do I, btw, hence my obvious interest in faso)

Do stimulants rile you up, as well? Or are they not that bad?

Btw, what doses of Faso have you tried so far? It's apparently safe to go all the way up to a 100 (!) mg's, so if you haven't reached the peak, it might not be too bad to try some higher yields.

Rather interesting tho'... this noot is like a 100 times more powerful than Piracetam, but you can hardly feel... A THING! : O And some people feel it at like, 5 mg's. Have you ever done any measuring of your glutamate-levels, by chance? I'm starting to think you have either really, really high glutamate, or really, really low.

That could account for why you're not feeling it the way others have.

Have you ever experienced any benefits from Piracetam, or any other racetam? If so, how do you say they differ from Faso? Do you feel as if Faso is weaker, or stronger? In theory, Faso should be the strongest of any known racetam, but if you're not feeling it, then that assumption may be incorrect.

BTW - pro-tip that was given to me by the very knowledgeable GetOutofBox on this forum - stack the stimulants with Intuniv ( guanfacine), and the stimulants won't cause impulsivity.

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 21 August 2014 - 02:15 AM.

#145 PowerfulP

• 30 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:26 AM

Maybe I am not the best faso test subject due to long-term GABAergic use.

I think the acute anxiety may have something to do with the interaction with phenibut. Introspecta mentioned that faso caused anxiety and a yucky feeling between phenibut doses. 

Stims are actually incredibly helpful in decreasing anxiety for me generally. Generalized anxiety and especially social anxiety. It is right behind GABAergics for best anxiety relief for me. 

Interesting question regarding glutamate. I believe I have really high glutamate. A glutamate storm really due to decreased GABA activity from tapering off of a long-time benzo. I still have many of the classical glutamate storm symptoms, including brain fog and memory issues. How could this account for faso's weaker effect? I've tried almost up to 100mg of faso, btw.

Noopept and Phenylpiracetam have shown some effect for me, giving a bit of a motivational boost and enhanced focus. I feel faso is stronger than noopept but maybe similar in strength to p-piracetam.  I'm not sure yet though. I need some more time with faso. 

Edited by PowerfulP, 21 August 2014 - 04:34 AM.

#146 Covalencies

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:17 AM

Picked up a gram of fasoracetam, 250mg prl-8-53, and 5g noopept from newstar. For background I also take adderall 45mg (divided into 2-3 smaller doses), 20mg fluoxetine, and 250mg bacopa (nootropicsdepot pre-capped) a day.

Results were underwhelming. 5-10mg led to slight irritability with no noticeable changes in ccognitive function, memory, or manual dexterity.

20, 30, 50mg added to the irritability, and also made me sleepy.

20mg Faso + 10mg PRL may the best thing I have ever used for getting to sleep though, so it wasn't a total bust.

100mg Faso in the morning... Knocked me out for the next 8 hours. That was the trial dose, though, so I had to try it at least once.

Comparison to coluracetam at equivalent doses (30mg)... Faso produces the same irritability (with or without choline supplement), vastly more sedation (coluracetam was neither sedating nor alerting for me), and, most notably, lacks the distinct boost in fine motor skill that I felt with coluracetam. (I may have to start taking typing tests once week to get a baseline, then give coluracetam another shot; I seemed to type more quickly and more accurately...)
  • Informative x 1

#147 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

PowerfulP: I theorize that if you have high or low glutamate, Fasoracetam may work ineffectively, or TOO effectively on you. The reason being that one of the main modes of effect of Fasoracetam, is that it DIRECTLY agonises several metabotropic glutamate receptors - some of them do down-regulate the NMDA-receptors, but two of them do not, if I recall correctly.

Theoretically, that mGlur -effect might be UN-benefficial to you, then.

Dr Hakon Hakonarson did mention that the drug MAY NOT be ideal for all ADHD -groups, only specific groups, which they have apparently identified through their genome-data. We went through the data on these groups in GetOutofBox's thread, and I believe one of the things we found, is that you more or less need to have several other comorbid NPD's as well - something similar to a DAMP-diagnose.

One of the biggest groups, that would theoretically benefit the most from Fasoracetam, is apparently those with ID - intellectual Disability - the ADHD-people whom also have a comorbid problem of LOW IQ - even tho' their relatives, who do have ADHD, do NOT have this issue. ( I actually know two brothers who are like this - both have ADHD, but only one of them have ID as well - he'll never grow out of his mental teens.)

If that is correct... then the reason why it doesn't work as well for you, is that you don't have enough ADDITIONAL NPD's. That, and you have high glutamate - one of the prime theories of why certain ADHD-ers have ID, is that they have TOO LOW GLUTAMATE - their entire brain don't get enough energy, which leads to global performance-issues for the entire neural system.

You definitely don't strike me as having ID... your glutamate probably isn't exceedingly low.

Covalencies: That's a lot of heavy-duty stuff. A lot of interactions to sift through. Did you take Adderall as well, while taking Faso? That might be one of the reasons you got irritable, sounds a lot like enhanced anxiety/bad temper that you get from stimulants - it might be that Faso aggravates the side-effects of stimulants - some folks earlier in this thread theorized as much earlier.

Individually perceivable changes in dexterity, memory and cognitive function isn't enough tho' - you need to do some tests, to make sure of the effects. The typing-tests is one excellent such.

So, if you're up for it, I'd LOVE to see what your results would be in various tests, before and after Fasoracetam.

Like:

Typing
Gross motor-function ( as simple as doing some football/soccer -tricks could be enough, or basket-ball.)

Cambridge Brain Sciences cognitive tests

That would be awesome - and very helpful not just for you, but for everyone. You're a chemi-naut, man! =)

BTW - what NPD's do you have, if any? And which ones do you have diagnosed, and not diagnosed, but suspected?

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 21 August 2014 - 11:00 AM.

#148 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

I took 5mg in the afternoon yesterday after taking my normal stack in the morning (5mg forskolin/2mg dextroamphetamine/100mg artichoke extract/250mg NAT), and felt a little speedy, so this morning I took it by itself.

At 8am, I took 10mg sublingually, minus all other supplements except a cup and a half of strong coffee.

So far, this has abolished my lack of motivation and constant sleepiness. Doesn't seem to affect me in any way other than I'm awake and able to focus on my work. Heart rate/BP seems great.

No euphoria, dizziness, nausea, headache and so far, no withdrawal. It's still going strong at 1pm.

Will be interesting to see this play out and see if the results stay strong. I may finally have found an alternative treatment option after 2 years of quite nearly trying everything.

Edited by zrbarnes, 21 August 2014 - 06:05 PM.

• like x 1

#149 PowerfulP

• 30 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:26 PM

Day 7 - I decided to wait until mid-afternoon to take faso. I noticed I felt fine but also a bit flat all day. Perhaps even mild anhedonia. This was despite taking stims today. This lackluster feeling was fairly evident. Even though I had great focus throughout the day, I was not getting much pleasure from various activities. I don't mind it as it is not unpleasant, but I do not prefer it.

Now this is where it gets interesting. As soon as I took 15mg sublingually, I felt a pleasant head-rush and felt a sense of well-being. I no longer had that flat feeling. Everything seemed a bit more interesting fairly quickly. My mind feels more awake. This feeling continues to the present moment. I feel some motivation, same as I described before. I notice the stims working much better. Perhaps some potentiation there. 

My baseline is not nearly as flat as I was before the faso, but also not as "awake" as after the faso. Baseline is right in between. So I don't yet understand why I had the flat feeling. 

No anxiety this morning for the first time since starting faso. I lowered my phenibut dosage today slightly and do not yet feel any withdrawal symptoms. As I noted before, I am dependent on 1.5 grams of phenibut daily, and tapering off was the primary reason I began the faso trial after noting some interesting GABAb interactions in studies, particularly the one with baclofen (similar mechanism of action to phenibut).

I have not yet noticed any differences based on dosage. I seem to feel the same effects I've mentioned in the same magnitude whether I take 10mg or 50mg.

I took a dose of faso closer to going to sleep last night and it neither helped nor prevented me from falling sleep. But I did sleep for a longer duration than I have since the trial began. 

No noticeable effect on memory or cognition. I have been suffering ongoing brain fog and memory difficulties from a benzo taper. That is another reason I am testing faso. The fog and memory troubles still remain. Are there tests online that I should try so that I can be more objective about my cognition? I only know of Cambridge Brain Sciences. 

I have that clean feeling from the faso again. Almost like it is neuroprotective against the dirty work the stims do. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#150 gnappi

• 112 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:47 PM

Hi friends, I received yesterday my fasoracetam from the TeamTLR and experienced a dose of about 30 milligrams and I can say that this thing is extremely GABAergic!!! Felt like I had taken diazepam only without the drowsiness it causes!!! Not helped nor hurt my already small period of sleep but what I found interesting was the physical effect: I ride a bike race and this morning before heading out to ride I took 30 milligrams and felt my performance was very good!!! I did not feel tired even with high intensity pedaling. Yet not feel mood changes for better or worse, just that feeling of "anesthesia". For information: noopept is the best racetam  for me in terms of focus and mental agility. Piracetam is very  bad and pramiracetam is intermediate in terms of mental performance.

• unsure x 1
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fasoracetam, adhd, racetam, ns-105, lam-105, nsn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users