* * * * - 2 votes

FASORACETAM

fasoracetam adhd racetam ns-105 lam-105 nsn

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#151 gnappi

• 112 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:23 AM

Here I am, again, to say that I received my NSI-189 this week and I decided to use it with fasoracetam and noopept. The dosage was 20 mg of each in the morning (8:00 am) and NSI-189 20 mg alone at 2 p.m. and it was very  interesting: the first time (tuesday) I felt an almost uncontrollable euphoria that lasted some hours after I have taken the combo, so I slowly returned to a quasi normal state, but with  a sense of inner peace that has held so far. I don't know if that was because of fasoracetam or noopet or both, but I had no adverse effects caused by NSI-189 as has been reported by other users here. So I intend to continue taking this combo because I'm feeling pretty good. Soon I'll  receive also  coluracetam, BPAP, 9-methyl B-carboline and rasagiline that I will incorporate into my combo so I hope to optimize the levels of neurotransmitters and thus  achieve my goal which is to reach the nirvana!!! ;^))

Obs.: Fasoracetam & Rasagiline - purchased from True Life Research

NSI-189  - purchased from Bioscience Nutraceuticals 

Noopept - purchased from Powder City

BPAP & 9-m B-carboline - purchased from THT

Coluracetam - purchased from Nootrapedia

Edited by gnappi, 29 August 2014 - 12:25 AM.

• like x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • dislike x 1

#152 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:01 AM

First time I took ~10mg and it just made me sleepy. Took 50mg and I only feel a bit dull, but pretty much no effect. Interesting as aniracetam is much more obvious to me.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#153 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:08 AM

First time I took ~10mg and it just made me sleepy. Took 50mg and I only feel a bit dull, but pretty much no effect. Interesting as aniracetam is much more obvious to me.

it does completely block the disassociation from 20mg of methoxetamine though. neat.. I guess.

#154 PowerfulP

• 30 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

I have a quick update after two weeks of Faso. Starting nearly a week ago, my brain fog began to clear quickly. I have been clearheaded and no longer have the horrible cog fog due to tapering off of benzos. It was amazing how quickly this long-awaited fix came. However, I am not sure this is due to faso, as I also began two other substances in this time - memantine and buprion. Soon I will stop faso to see. 

I have absolutely had an incredible cognitive benefit from something. It may be a nice synergistic effect for me.  My memory has also gotten better. During the fog I had no short term memory to speak of and large holes in my long term memory. I still have these issues, but they have been significantly improved. I feel sharp again, but I still have many strides to make to get back to my baseline.

I no longer feel a motivational boost upon taking faso. It may be helping with my concentration because my focus has been excellent. I no longer have that sense of a "clean" feeling when I take faso. I feel absolutely nothing now. 

I am interested in adding NSI-189 and Cerebrolysin (or P21) to the stack. Will update again.

• like x 2

#155 ParMatrix

• 28 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:00 PM

http://nootropicsdep...racetam-powder/ Just a heads up on it being available now! Enjoy!

• like x 3
  • Good Point x 1

#156 Covalencies

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:26 AM

Covalencies: That's a lot of heavy-duty stuff. A lot of interactions to sift through. Did you take Adderall as well, while taking Faso? That might be one of the reasons you got irritable, sounds a lot like enhanced anxiety/bad temper that you get from stimulants - it might be that Faso aggravates the side-effects of stimulants - some folks earlier in this thread theorized as much earlier.

Individually perceivable changes in dexterity, memory and cognitive function isn't enough tho' - you need to do some tests, to make sure of the effects. The typing-tests is one excellent such.

So, if you're up for it, I'd LOVE to see what your results would be in various tests, before and after Fasoracetam.

Like:

Typing
Gross motor-function ( as simple as doing some football/soccer -tricks could be enough, or basket-ball.)

Cambridge Brain Sciences cognitive tests

That would be awesome - and very helpful not just for you, but for everyone. You're a chemi-naut, man! =)

BTW - what NPD's do you have, if any? And which ones do you have diagnosed, and not diagnosed, but suspected?

Obviously not using them all at the same time. The adderall and prozac can likely be neglected; as far as I understand we shouldn't expect to see any notable interactions between these compounds and the racetams. I've also been taking the adderall for ~5 years, and the prozac for ~8-9months, so it's likely that whatever interactions they may theoretically have, have been homeostatically zero'd out. (Maybe.) I'm not altogether convinced that dopaminergics are actually exerting their action through glutamate. Then again, I wouldn't write off the thought that maybe it's just too close to the edge of my personal stim-envelope, either. Might be able to drop the dose on the amph and add something to boost gulamergic signalling... but that sounds like it would take a lot of time to debug , and there's work to be done.

I tend towards a high tolerance to basically everything, so at these doses of amph, I tend not to see any side effects... except with the racetams I've tried thus far. Those make me grumpy.

Typing tests are a good idea. I should be at some kind of plateu for those, given that I live at the keyboard for work.  I've been tracking progress in a - let's be nice and call it - lackadasical manner in terms of tracking the noot use alongside CBS/Lumosity scores. I didn't see any notable spikes in performance on anything though... or I missed them.

The perceived motor improvements from coluracetam are only notable because, out of: fasoracetam, prl-8-53, coluracetam, noopept, modafinil, and nicotine, that's pretty much all I noticed. Well. That and the irritability. Unfortunately, due to the aforementioned irritability, my research partner has banned me from further trials of coluracetam or fasoracetam. Noopept is out because it doesn't seem to do anything useful, nicotine is out because it doesn't seem to be doing anything either (and the risk/reward ratio sucks thus far)...

That still leaves IDRA-21, ISX-9 (this time without accidentally throwing it out), Unifiram, J147, Nefiracetam, Piracetam, another go at PRL-8-53, maybe another go at modafinil (effects are inconsistent for me), as well as tDCS, and maybe a few things I'm forgetting...

NPD? Neuropsychological disorder I assume?

Incorrect diagnosis of bipolar-2: after 5 years on adderall sans mood stablizer, then prozac on top of that... and no mania/hypomain/psychotic break, I think we can pretty much rule that out.

Correct diag should have been MDD w/ comorbid ADD/ADHD (leaning toward the later, but not outbursty enough to say for sure).

Not sure what is written down for the prozac rx, except that I tried it for a bit (family member responds very well to it, and so do I, apparently), and asked my GP for the rx.

ADD/ADHD is diagnosed, though the official testing on it basically suggested it was up to me if I wanted to take anything for it.

No other issues, and haven't had any real problems with depression in a long time. Prozac is mostly there to offset some anxiety from the adderall. A reasonable person might suggest that rather than add fluox to the stack, I just, you know, take less amph; to that I say, emphatically, "BAH! Begone with you."

#157 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:57 AM

Faso and coluracetam could be treating your stim anxiety, i know nefi did once for me, what about trying to reduce your prozac dose?

Theres some evidence prozac is neurotoxic ill need to look that up, it seems the be the most likely to cause long term anhedonia anecdotally too.

#158 Covalencies

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:44 PM

Eh, I can't be certain, but I don't think that irritability would be a idea effect of stim anxiety being treated. Besides, the anxiety cleared when I started taking the prozac, around eight months ago, while the irritability didn't show up until taking the coluracetam about a month ago. Also, I'm not sure about prozac being neurotoxic; I thought it was fluoxetine that was shown to cause hippocampal cell regrowth/proliferation. Suppose it could be both? No experience with anhedonia, emotional blunting, nor any other side effects from prozac; just slightly calmer, with more even moods. I tend towards very low affect naturally, though, so I might not notice...

#159 PowerfulP

• 30 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:18 PM

Today is Day 28 of Faso. I have to say that I do not note much of anything the past few weeks. No notable change in anything whatsoever. I am going to increase the dose today to see if there are any acute effects. 

#160 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:34 PM

Hey, I just read in wikipedia that cAMP promotes prolactin.  Does this mean Faso will affect prolactin as well?

https://en.wikipedia..._and_regulation

In decidual cells and in lymphocytes the distal promoter and thus prolactin expression is stimulated by cAMP. Responsivness to cAMP is mediated by an imperfect cAMP–responsive element and two CAAT/enhancer binding proteins (C/EBP).[15] Progesterone has been observed to upregulate prolactin synthesis in the endometrium but decreases it in myometrium and breast glandular tissue.[16] However breast and other tissues may also express the Pit-1 promoter in addition to the distal promoter.

#161 Steve Zissou

• 91 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:25 AM

First impressions:

You don't need to dose everyday. At least for me one dose lasts for a few days.

Better warmth in my feet in toes. I'm usually a person who is sensitive to cold, so this has been nice.

Don't take niacin - After using niacin for a couple of months and laughing at how silly people were for having panic attacks while flushing, I experienced the same thing. Luckily it only lasted for about 10 mins.

My focus has improved greatly. It's been 2 days since i took my initial dose and I still feel the effects slightly.

Motivation has improved.

I think it inhibits prolactin, after the orgasm I didn't get that 'tired' feeling. Going to try and abstain from sex while using this stuff.

This stuff is a godsend for me. I've been having lots of motivation problems and poor mental stamina recently. It seems to have helped that greatly.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#162 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:10 PM

Prolactin increases some sort of neurogenesis in the brain, dont remember what it was, im sure camps increase would be very mild and any dose of a da agonist would treat it.

#163 zaratoo

• 30 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:16 PM

Steve Zissou how did you dose it?

And would you please rept who did you get it from? 

I'm experiencing troubles with shipping to Russia at many webshops. So when I find the one suitable for my order, I hope their material will be legit..

Thanks

#164 gnappi

• 112 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:33 PM

Today I finally got the BPAP and 9-methyl beta-carboline from THT. I'm very excited and I intend to test them sometime this week. I will use each separately to evaluate its effects, then I'll use them along with the NSI-189, rasagiline and fasoracetam that I'm already using. If I survive this cocktail I'll tell what happened ...  :)

#165 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:50 PM

Gnappi: Why do you want to combine so many substances?? The common, and logical, way of evaluating compounds are to use them one at a time, and then record the effects, and eventually combine them, maybe two substances at a time, to see if they can synergize.

Question btw - what ARE the effects of combining NSI-189, Rasagiline and Fasoracetam? Do you feel they synergize for you in some way? Enhancing various areas, or do you even experience a stacking effect - a greater bang for you buck, when they are combined?

Steve Zissou:

That sounds excellent, another success-story for Fasoracetam! =) I'm very pleased to see that even more online shops are starting to stock up on Faso - this stuff might have quite the future within the enhancement-business!

Btw, those of you who are in the know - how does Faso stack up price-wise with other cognitive enhancers? Is it a worthwhile investment, when compared to how much it costs?

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 20 September 2014 - 05:53 PM.

#166 gnappi

• 112 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:59 AM

But that's what I did Stinkorninjor: I used each one separately to see the effects and thus combine with the other substances that I'm already using. My goal is to optimize the effects that I intend to get, increasing those I wish  and decreasing those I do not. For example, I'm using  fasoracetam (20mg) to eliminate the anxiety that  NSI-189 causes since it is an excellent anxiolytic. I got BPAP to increase the effects of the other nootropics, allowing the use of smaller doses of these, reducing its possible side effects. I'm using  9-methyl beta carboline (20mg)  along with rasagiline(0.5mg)  to regenerate dopaminergic neurons as a way to rejuvenate my brain. As for the effects of these  substances I can say that BPAP 500ug (0.5mg) has a weak adrenergic effect on me (hand tremors, a little anxiety and attention focused) similar to caffeine in small doses. Regarding 9mBC (that smells bad and taste worse), its effects are very interesting: immediate mood improvement, a physical sensation of "domain" of body movements that I had not felt since I was a child as well as increased motivation to perform tasks, which I thought I would have with fasoracetam!!!  My last purchase was 2g of eugerafinil from Teamtlr that I intend to use to avoid the sleepiness I feel after lunch. 

#167 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

Wow eugerafinil is out now? I can't keep up with all these new chems. TeamTlr has all these weird chems with only a small writeup about it. It doesn't even have the chemistry to some of them.

#168 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:55 PM

Gnappi: Well, ok. Sounds like you've got a pretty good overview of your issues and your treatment - do consider cutting some of these, or cycling them off now and then tho' - so many of these substances don't have studies of long-term use.

So, getting ready to order some of this Faso stuff, but before I do, is there anyone in here who has a good hold on what perticular groups of ADHD-sufferers they are targetting with this drug, in the studies?

I know there is talk about those who have lots of comorbid issues, but it seems like the big group they're thinking about are the ones who have intellectual disability, now isn't it? I obviously don't have that, and neither does anyone else on this board, I imagine.

Anybody with some know-how on the released science so far? What types of patients will benefit the most from Faso?

#169 gnappi

• 112 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:17 AM

Gnappi: Well, ok. Sounds like you've got a pretty good overview of your issues and your treatment - do consider cutting some of these, or cycling them off now and then tho' - so many of these substances don't have studies of long-term use.

I stopped taking rasagiline because it was causing me a lot of daytime sleepiness. I'll take  9-methyl beta carboline until my stock runs out and see if the effects remain (the same with NSI). Regarding fasoracetam, I always keep a stock for stress situations, because it is an excellent anxiolytic for me and BPAP  will compose my daily combo with eugerafinil.

#170 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:52 AM

Prolactin increases some sort of neurogenesis in the brain, dont remember what it was, im sure camps increase would be very mild and any dose of a da agonist would treat it.

I'm aware of prolactin's neurogenesis effect. All I was saying was that may be Fasoracetam had an indirect effect on it.  Further more perhaps the sexual effects people have been discribing could be cause in part by a change in prolactin?  It would be good if the researchers or any user of this substance did a blood test of prolactin before and after using it.

Also I was under the impression that ADHD was attribute to high cAMP, and that fasoracetam would lower or normalize this.  Is this idea incorrect?

Edited by noot_in_the_sky, 10 October 2014 - 02:53 AM.

#171 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:45 PM

A lot of ADHD is attributed to high levels of cAMP - well, the PFC-based symptoms, that is. Inability to control emotions, impressions, focusing, etc, are at least partially attributed to cAMP.

When Dopamine hits the D-receptors in the brain, they are supposed to activate and lower cAMP ( at least the D4 and D2-receptors are), but because of repeats in the genes, they don't decrease cAMP sufficiently - the result is complete signal-noise - it's like trying to tune in a channel on a radio, but there's too much static. You need something to cancel out all of the interference.

In theory... Fasoracetam could normalize cAMP-levels and produce better focus, without the side-effects of either stimulants or Alpha-2-agonists like Intuniv.

Decreased PFC-levels of cAMP is thought to be one of the main modes of therapeutic effect of Guanfacine on ADHD, because the post-synaptic Alpha-2-receptors that Intuniv agonises, are somehow coupled to GI-proteins - and they decrease cAMP - heavily.

So, when you affect alpha-2-receptors, you affect GI -proteins as well, and they in turn effect cAMP.

It should be noted tho'... The Alpha-2-agonists don't do anything at all for motivation - which means their use for us who have such issues, is limited. If cAMP was the only effect Faso had, it'd be limited too - but there's obviously more to it, since its main effect is on glutamate, and in a down-stream manor, on the NMDA-receptors.

The motivational effects are not as universal as stimulants tho' - not sure why that is... On the other hand, I'm not sure why Faso is motivating at all!

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 12 October 2014 - 05:48 PM.

#172 boythatssomebreath

• 88 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:36 PM

I've tried Faso two times now, and am not a fan.  On both attempts (5 and 10 mg respectively) I felt moderately "spaced out".  I also experienced some anxiety.  I'm glad I purchased the small vile from NSN because I'm thinking this will wind up in the trash.  Took once with 50 mg of Choline CDP, and once with 100 mg of Alpha GPC.

#173 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:32 PM

I'm pretty sure you don't need choline-supplementation with Fasoracetam. As far as I gather, it upregulates your choline uptake through HACU, which automatically increases the levels of acethylcholine in your brain.

Don't you think it's possible that you already have a high natural production of Choline, and perhaps the result of supplementing with Choline while using Fasoracetam, is choline-overdose?

Anybody know what the symptoms of choline-overdose is btw? Is it anything similar to Boythatssomebreath's symptoms?

#174 Peak Noots

• 138 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:48 PM

We were thinking of including Fasoracetam in our nootropics line. Anyone looking to pre-order, contact here. Pricing we are not sure of yet, we are working with the manufacturer to establish that.

http://peaknootropics.com

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Informative x 1

#175 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:44 AM

We were thinking of including Fasoracetam in our nootropics line. Anyone looking to pre-order, contact here. Pricing we are not sure of yet, we are working with the manufacturer to establish that.

http://peaknootropics.com

Noots Depot carried it for a short period of time (what’s up with them, BTW?) at half the price that NSN and TLR are asking. If you can match that and match NSN’s free shipping, I’ll give you all my business.

#176 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:03 AM

I received a gram of faso today from Powder City - my first order from them, had never even heard of them and I hadn't heard of TeamTLR until a few minutes ago when I read it on this page.

Being overly eager to try anything new, I took about 15 mg of faso sublingually this evening, and swallowed it after a few minutes.

The first wave of effect came on me within about 10 minutes of popping it under my tongue. I was overcome with a pleasant drowsiness and I slumped forward in my chair with my eyes closed for several minutes. Then I came out of my stupor and felt a sense of well-being and the "clean" effect that others have mentioned. Several minutes later I became very drowsy again, almost like I had been drugged with a knockout type of drug.

The most interesting effect happened about an hour after I took it. I got up to put some things away in my bedroom and then to go get some fruit from the kitchen. On my way to the kitchen I blacked out, and then I snapped back into awareness as I was opening the refrigerator to put something in it that I had intended to put on a shelf in my bedroom. It was very bizarre, but I enjoyed it. 

Another half hour has passed since I blacked out, and I still feel drugged and extremely relaxed. It does not feel like a benzo or phenibut. It feels more like what I remember of barbiturates. I feel drowsy but not sleepy. There is a dreamy quality to it, and a bit of dissociation. 

For reference, I am hyper-sensitive to glutaminergic/glutamatergic substances, including glutamic acid. These substances tend to be very stimulating, elevating my heart rate and making me a bit nervous and agitated. So my initial trial of fasoracetam feels like the opposite of that. How is this possible? What an interesting substance. I look forward to using it for sleep, and since someone else mentioned using it before bedtime with PLR-8-53 I will try that too, since I have some on hand. Seems like it would be conducive to some fairly lucid dreams, which I always enjoy.

Further contextual info: I also take some stimulants and quite a few supplements, so my report is purely for entertainment purposes and probably has no relevance to anyone else's experience of fasoracetam.

Edited by deeptrance, 23 December 2014 - 04:37 AM.

#177 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

I may be able to answer the riddle of the unexpected FASO-effects:

Fasoracetam agonises glutamatergic receptors, that's true, but some of the receptors it agonises, actually DOWN-regulates some of the others(!). The NMDA-network, to be accurate - this is the reason why it's currently in research as a treatment for ADHD - as it can actually calm some who have mutations to the glutamate -networks.

It's quite possible that you belong to the specific patient-group to whom Fasoracetam is considered beneficial, the ADHD-ers who will be CALMED, not excited by Faso.

If so, then congrats! : D You've just found a really, really good medicine for you. If it works in the beneficial way for you, you should start cutting out some of your supplements and most DEFINITELY the stimulants - Faso is all you'll need for a good long while.

#178 Peak Noots

• 138 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:02 PM

I read somewhere that fasoracetam may downregulate GABA-a. Anyone have any intel on this?

@Heisenberger,

We will be offering fasoracetam and will offer a price to beat our competitors. We found a good new supplier of racetams and are just testing the samples at Colmaric labs before switching over. Unfortunately, fasoracetam and other research nootropics are pretty hard to test for purity because theres nothing to compare to. Common sense says if their other products are pure their fasoracetam should be the real thing.

Anyway, fasoracetam has become an extremely interesting substance. It would be nice to see more user reports like deeptrances.

Edited by Peak Nootropics, 23 December 2014 - 03:03 PM.

#179 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:10 AM

My update today...

Last night I took ~3-4 mg of PRL-8-53 and ~10 mg of fasoracetam before going to bed. What an interesting night it was. I dreamed a lot, and the dreams were quite detailed but they were totally removed from anything like my ordinary reality. No familiar people or places. I felt disoriented when I woke up to go pee in the middle of the night. I slept well, and a bit longer than usual.

This morning, even though I'd had enough sleep, I felt disinterested in doing anything. My normal morning routines felt mechanical and unreal, as though my body was going through the motions but my mind was just gone. This condition has remained with me today. I took faso with breakfast, and again in the early afternoon. I want to give it a fair trial so that I can see if I really believe I'm experiencing its effects or if my weird day and night have been caused by something else.

My preliminary evaluation is that I intensely dislike fasoracetam's effects, but given the complexity of my supplement and medicinal intake I cannot rule out some other cause for my experience of this strangely unreal day. 

It's quite possible that you belong to the specific patient-group to whom Fasoracetam is considered beneficial, the ADHD-ers who will be CALMED, not excited by Faso.

I'm pretty sure I don't have ADD, and most definitely not ADHD. Also, with respect to my initial report from last night, the pleasantness of the experience was mixed with an uncomfortable detachment and apathy. I didn't mind feeling that in the evening, but feeling it all day today was not really my cup of tea.

What I will say with respect to fasoracetam and attention is that I spent the entire day today staring at my computer monitor. I did a lot of reading. I've probably been more focused and attentive to what I'm reading than usual. But this is coming at a price I'm not willing to pay --- I don't want to sacrifice my enjoyment of life for the relatively small benefit of being hyper-focused. Also, I don't feel like I'm capable of talking to anyone, or driving. I just want to sit and stare at this monitor. I tried watching a TV show and felt numb to the emotion and personality of it. I just want information.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#180 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:00 PM

I have concluded my experiments with fasoracetam. It's definitely not for me. I also have a bad response to coluracetam, and I've read somewhere a person comparing these two and saying they are similar. I wish I had seen that before I made my purchase! It really made me feel horrible, and now I have been without it for about 40 hours so I am finally feeling back to normal. It's wonderful to get that drug out of my system!

How amazing is it that we can have such remarkably different responses to the same drug. This is such a primitive early phase of drug research, in which we are all blind to our own genetic predispositions and we can only guess as to how we will respond to various drugs and different doses. We are the lab rats for future generations.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fasoracetam, adhd, racetam, ns-105, lam-105, nsn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users