* * * * - 2 votes

FASORACETAM

fasoracetam adhd racetam ns-105 lam-105 nsn

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#211 NinefingerJoe

• 65 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:12 AM

Yes, PC also removed Sunifiram and Idra-21 from their product list.

I'm assuming if the are removing Fasoracetam then they are also removing Coluracetam?

#212 striker_321

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:27 AM

When Powder City gets another faso shipment, I'm gonna have to stock up.

Unfortunately Powder City have no intention of restocking fasoracetam. They told me they are removing multiple items from their product range that they consider to be untested in humans. This is due to some issues they have had with people abusing their products
They already restocked.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#213 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:32 AM

Oh darn. Ah well. We'll just have to wait for the results of Dr. Hakonarson's study.

It's even more unfortunate because NSN have had no stock of fasoracetam for months now.

There are other websites that stock it but I'm dubious about purchasing it from a site I am unfamiliar with. Does anyone have any recommendations?

#214 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:43 AM

When Powder City gets another faso shipment, I'm gonna have to stock up.

Unfortunately Powder City have no intention of restocking fasoracetam. They told me they are removing multiple items from their product range that they consider to be untested in humans. This is due to some issues they have had with people abusing their products
They already restocked.

I just checked their website and it does appear to be in stock again.

I was specifically told via email what I relayed in the above post, so clearly one of their staff has made a mistake. Either the individual who responded to my email or one of the people who updates the website.

I'll make further inquiries.

#215 striker_321

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:50 AM

Oh darn. Ah well. We'll just have to wait for the results of Dr. Hakonarson's study.

It's even more unfortunate because NSN have had no stock of fasoracetam for months now.

There are other websites that stock it but I'm dubious about purchasing it from a site I am unfamiliar with. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Let me know what you find out.  Ceretropic is another reliable vendor if you want to give them a shot.

#216 NinefingerJoe

• 65 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:59 PM

The Powdercity.com we've been talking about. They are my #1 source for ALMOST everything. Low prices and semi-quick shipping. I just completed another order for 1g from them.

There are many others of course, But I feel ya about being skeptical of people you've never ordered from before.

#217 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:33 PM

It looks like we recovered a few variants, either from returns or what was left sitting on the shelves, and we only have a limited stock amount for each variant (about 5x). This powder will be in stock until it is sold out. I apologize for not relaying this sooner as it looks like it was just restocked recently.

This is the email I received in response to my enquiries. By 'variants' I assume they are referring to different products entirely. I wouldn't like to think there are fasoracetam variants; in the form of batches with different synthesis methods or degrees of purity etc.

Regardless it looks like stock is very limited so anyone looking to source fasoracetam long term will have to look elsewhere.

I haven't tried fasoracetam yet, this is partly why I'm cautious about who I make my first order with. I want to minimise any doubt that what I've received is genuine. I made an order from Powder City but it was lost in the post. They offered to reship it and when I requested this, I was told "oops, we no longer stock it!"

#218 blueenigma

• 47 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:49 PM

It looks like we recovered a few variants, either from returns or what was left sitting on the shelves, and we only have a limited stock amount for each variant (about 5x). This powder will be in stock until it is sold out. I apologize for not relaying this sooner as it looks like it was just restocked recently.

This is the email I received in response to my enquiries. By 'variants' I assume they are referring to different products entirely. I wouldn't like to think there are fasoracetam variants; in the form of batches with different synthesis methods or degrees of purity etc.

Regardless it looks like stock is very limited so anyone looking to source fasoracetam long term will have to look elsewhere.

I haven't tried fasoracetam yet, this is partly why I'm cautious about who I make my first order with. I want to minimise any doubt that what I've received is genuine. I made an order from Powder City but it was lost in the post. They offered to reship it and when I requested this, I was told "oops, we no longer stock it!"
Animal, I suspect by "variant" they're referring to the various sizes, because the follow up phrase "we have a limited stock amount for each variant (5x)" seems to suggest they have ~5 of each size (1/4, 1/2, and 1gram). I could certainly be wrong but if you gain clarity, please do share.

I ordered 1/2 gram last night, and it should arrive by the middle of next week. I'm more concerned about the part of the email that reads that they now have stock as a result of *returns*!! This is disconcerting for a variety of reasons, but the most significant for me is that it is unclear if those returns were opened or fully sealed packets when they arrived back at Powder City headquarters. I would think one would return a nootropic, at least much of the time, after opening it, trailing it, and finding it unsuitable for their purposes. In that case, the return could truly be innocuous. But what of the nefarious type who decides to mix in a little toxic goodness before return? Whether we like the idea or not, there indisputalby are troubled souls in this world. Back in the '70s, there was a rash of people who fell terribly ill because someone went around to supermarkets and contaminated food stuffs with poisonous substances.

ALSO, I'd like to apologize for being absent from this board although I originally subscribed and posted with the intent of being an active participant. I'm currently working on a significant venture in my personal life so I have very little time do do fun things like engaging on forums. I do hope to be back in full swing by summer.

#219 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:03 AM

Animal, I suspect by "variant" they're referring to the various sizes, because the follow up phrase "we have a limited stock amount for each variant (5x)" seems to suggest they have ~5 of each size (1/4, 1/2, and 1gram). I could certainly be wrong but if you gain clarity, please do share.

I ordered 1/2 gram last night, and it should arrive by the middle of next week. I'm more concerned about the part of the email that reads that they now have stock as a result of *returns*!! This is disconcerting for a variety of reasons, but the most significant for me is that it is unclear if those returns were opened or fully sealed packets when they arrived back at Powder City headquarters. I would think one would return a nootropic, at least much of the time, after opening it, trailing it, and finding it unsuitable for their purposes. In that case, the return could truly be innocuous. But what of the nefarious type who decides to mix in a little toxic goodness before return? Whether we like the idea or not, there indisputalby are troubled souls in this world. Back in the '70s, there was a rash of people who fell terribly ill because someone went around to supermarkets and contaminated food stuffs with poisonous substances.

ALSO, I'd like to apologize for being absent from this board although I originally subscribed and posted with the intent of being an active participant. I'm currently working on a significant venture in my personal life so I have very little time do do fun things like engaging on forums. I do hope to be back in full swing by summer.
Your suggestion that 'variants' refers to the different weights makes sense; although it is an unusual word choice.

I was imagining they had a central stock of fasoracetam powder from which they were weighing out the different amounts. But If this is wholly recovered stock then they would indeed already be weighed and packaged. In which case they cannot be selling returns that have been opened since they would have volume missing.

I expect that the majority of this limited fasoracetam restock will be 'returns' that never actually reached their destination. Either because of customs, or faliure to pay import duties. I don't think you should be worried Blueenigma. ;)

Edited by Animal, 14 March 2015 - 03:03 AM.

#220 Tram

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:29 AM

"Back in the '70s, there was a rash of people who fell terribly ill because someone went around to supermarkets and contaminated food stuffs with poisonous substances."

Interesting. Do you have a source on this?

#221 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:10 AM

Tsk, tsk…you kids these days… Before this happened, absolutely nothing whatsoever had tamper-proof packaging. When you opened a fresh bottle of aspirin, there was no seal and you just reached in and pulled out a wad of cotton stuffing with your fingertips.

#222 blueenigma

• 47 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:13 AM

"Back in the '70s, there was a rash of people who fell terribly ill because someone went around to supermarkets and contaminated food stuffs with poisonous substances."

Tram: the incident was on the news back in the 70s when I was a child and something I've never forgotten. I don't know if the news story was later documented on the Internet once Internet came on the scene, but it is certainly possible that the incident is out in the ether somewhere. Not to worry, there's plenty of defilement to go around in any age, and here is a link to some other, more current, poisoning incidents at supermarkets around the country. People contaminating products at supermarkets. Read them all. They get worse as the list goes on. Pretty scary stuff: http://listverse.com...duct-tampering/

#223 blueenigma

• 47 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:47 AM

Tsk, tsk…you kids these days… Before this happened, absolutely nothing whatsoever had tamper-proof packaging. When you opened a fresh bottle of aspirin, there was no seal and you just reached in and pulled out a wad of cotton stuffing with your fingertips.
Heisenburger: I thought it was quite hilarious when I read, "do you have a source?" I quite literally fell over laughing, and thought, source? I AM THE SOURCE! It's something that occurred during my history on earth and was brought to me by the evening news. Tram likely thought it was a story I read somewhere, and so asked for a source, so I get it. But it did make me laugh really hard.

Tram, just to clarify: I am the source. I actually lived through the time of these incidents and it was a story that was part of the evening news. But...I linked to a slew of similar incidents above. This is nothing new. People have been contaminating supermarket items throughout the years. That's why when I read about the possibility of returns being resold I got a bit queasy; I'd placed an order with Powder City just before reading Animal's post. I quickly pulled myself together, took an illegal amount of piracetam, and went about my business. I must keep my anxiety attacks at bay so I cannot worry about this too much. On that note, I'm off to bed. Cheers!!!!

#224 blueenigma

• 47 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:54 AM

[/quote]If this is wholly recovered stock then they would indeed already be weighed and packaged. In which case they cannot be selling returns that have been opened since they would have volume missing.
[/quote]

ANIMAL:

I was thinking more on the lines of:

*not necessarily wholly recovered stock, but perhaps a mix of returned (possibly contaminated) faso supplemented with faso uncovered at the warehouse, re-weighed and re-packaged, with Powder City fully unaware of the contamination. It would be easy to repackage returned powder, supplement whatever difference there is, and resell the newly sealed packets. There would be no volume issue.

OR

*dumping all of the returned (possibly contaminated) faso into one single tub, weighing, repackaging and relabeling the contents into various measurement units (1/4, 1/2, 1gram) until the tub is empty, and reselling the newly packaged and sealed packets. There would be no volume issue.

OR

*the original purchaser removing some of the faso from the package received, replacing the difference with (insert dangerous substance here), and returning the contaminated product back to Powder City. There is no weight discrepancy. The contents are repackaged, sealed, and resold by Powder City. There would be no volume issue.

Having said all of that, this is all complete conjecture, and in no way meant to convey a probability, just a *possibility*. Further, as a business, I'd like to believe that Powder City would re-test any returned products before placing them back in the stream of commerce.

I should be starting my faso next week Wednesday. Send all condolences to my family on Friday. (Just kidding).

I will continue to purchase from Powder City and I have not had any negative experiences with the company.

#225 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:43 AM

Hypothetically those could be issues present when ordering a non-branded powdered/encapsulated product from any online retailer. The risk is especially pronounced in the case of research nootropics with limited human testing. This was why I was dubious about ordering from a retailer I considered untrustworthy.

The notion that Powder City accept opened returns and then repackage and sell them again is very disconcerting. Contamination doesn't even need to be intentional if a customer is using a single scoop for multiple products.

I had wrongly assumed that their return policy would preclude any opened products. As is the case in a significant number of online supplement retailers.

Judging from the wording of the email I received I am hoping that the reference to 'variants' specifically relates to weighed and packaged product. As in they are only selling products which they recovered in a state fit for retail. Not that they just threw all their returns in one large tub then weighed out as many 'variants' as they had stock for.

I suppose we wouldn't have even ordered fasoracetam if we weren't the type of people that are willing to take risks. But I do hate not being fully informed about the exact nature of those risks. I may make further inquiries with Powder City, but I don't expect them to clarify this issue.

#226 striker_321

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:12 PM

Its good to be cautious, to insist on 3rd party COA's and the like, but several of these recent posts are paranoid.  No one is poisoning nootropic powder returns.  This is how hysterical rumors get started, by pure unsubstantiated conjecture being treated as factual.  Powder City is not reselling opened powders, but selling unopened returns and those returned by customs.  Ceretropic is another solid vendor that does 3rd party testing/COA's and they are who I would recommend if you are still looking to get Fasoracetam to test out.  I have also hesitated to pull the trigger on Faso, despite my willingness to try substances such as Unifiram, due to the high number of anecdotal reports regarding weak orgasm/some sort of alteration on prolactin levels.  Neither me or my wife would be pleased with that.

#227 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 03:20 PM

I quite literally fell over laughing, and thought, source?

My mom had the same reaction when I, as a little kid, asked her if it were really true that Ronald Reagan was at one time an actor and starred in a bunch of movies with a chimpanzee.

#228 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:52 PM

Its good to be cautious, to insist on 3rd party COA's and the like, but several of these recent posts are paranoid. No one is poisoning nootropic powder returns. This is how hysterical rumors get started, by pure unsubstantiated conjecture being treated as factual. Powder City is not reselling opened powders, but selling unopened returns and those returned by customs. Ceretropic is another solid vendor that does 3rd party testing/COA's and they are who I would recommend if you are still looking to get Fasoracetam to test out. I have also hesitated to pull the trigger on Faso, despite my willingness to try substances such as Unifiram, due to the high number of anecdotal reports regarding weak orgasm/some sort of alteration on prolactin levels. Neither me or my wife would be pleased with that.

It does concern me that Powder City accept opened returns. What do they do with this returned product? Dispose of it?

That aside, I'm not overly concerned, since I've already decided to trial the fasoracetam when it arrives. I'll take the usual precautions when dealing with such a novel and potent substance.

Regarding conjecture...Is there any evidence that fasoracetam elevates prolactin? Or is this just speculation based upon some anecdotes that it attenuates orgasm?

I've experienced elevated prolactin in the past from being on Amisulpride long term without a dopamine agonist. It has other unpleasant effects aside from a general dulling of sexual pleasure.

#229 blueenigma

• 47 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:58 PM

Its good to be cautious, to insist on 3rd party COA's and the like, but several of these recent posts are paranoid.  No one is poisoning nootropic powder returns.  This is how hysterical rumors get started, by pure unsubstantiated conjecture being treated as factual.  Powder City is not reselling opened powders, but selling unopened returns and those returned by customs.  Ceretropic is another solid vendor that does 3rd party testing/COA's and they are who I would recommend if you are still looking to get Fasoracetam to test out.  I have also hesitated to pull the trigger on Faso, despite my willingness to try substances such as Unifiram, due to the high number of anecdotal reports regarding weak orgasm/some sort of alteration on prolactin levels.  Neither me or my wife would be pleased with that.

Striker: I don't think you read closely. I do not see a single post here that is "paranoid", nor do I see a post that definitively embraces the proposition that someone is poisoning nootropics. Your post, on the other hand, does come across as insupportably definitive insofar are you claim that *no one* is poisoning nootropics. There is no way to unequivocally support either position since we don't know until we know. You go on to report that Powder City is selling only unopened returns. That is good to know. But if you took even a cursory glance at the real life calamities I posted in the link above, you will learn that even unopened items can be tampered (did you read about the unopened water bottle incident?). Which is why, in my personal opinion, the best practice is to discard returns. Period. Moreover, why would anything that has been written up to this point trigger hysterical rumors when people have minds and reasoning faculties, and are presumably capable of filtering through information and parsing fact from opinion?

More importantly, what, if anything, would give rise to such hysterical rumors? No one claimed that Powder City is, in fact, selling tampered products. The discussion merely pointed up the possibility of contamination since the company, by its own words, reported that they received some returns of fasoracetam, and are now reselling those returns. A claim that the products are contaminated is certainly unsupportable. But equally untenably is a claim that they most definitely are not. 

Evidently, the mere suggestion of tampering offends your sensibilities, however, you mustn't forget that we live in the real world, and must face its real life implications. More simply put: there are really bad people in this world. Sometimes they do really bad things. Not discussing those things do not make them go away. I think it is quite irresponsible to dig your heels in and insist one way or the other, unless you have indisputable proof. I have absolutely no proof that the returned products have been contaminated. Relatedly, you have no indisputable proof that it cannot happen. 

Lastly, you mentioned "pure unsubstantiated conjecture" and YET…no one made claim that any of these concerns are true in fact! It is indeed, by the very nature of the discussion, conjecture. It is an exploration of possibilities, not a treatise. In my particular case, I specifically stated that my commentary is conjecture, that I have never had a problem with Powder City, and that I plan to continue to purchase from them. But make no mistake about it: I will not hesitate to call a business practice out if I genuinely believe it is potentially harmful or risky. 

To avoid against derailing this thread too far off course, I will not reply again unless it relates to FASORACETAM. Thus, any replies to what I just wrote will go unanswered, to save the rest of the community/subscribers from off topic material.  

MORE ON TOPIC: My Faso arrives ~Wednesday. I also ordered some Coluracetam and will trial the two in conjunction. Has anyone tried Faso and Colu together? If so, PLEASE reply with your personal experience. I currently take around 20g piracetam two to three days per week, 1gram oxiracetam each day, and L-theanine as needed. I dip in and out of SEMAX as well. I change my routine quite often, and have heard good things about the Faso/Colu combination. Thank you kindly. CHEERS!!

#230 striker_321

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:22 PM

Its good to be cautious, to insist on 3rd party COA's and the like, but several of these recent posts are paranoid. No one is poisoning nootropic powder returns. This is how hysterical rumors get started, by pure unsubstantiated conjecture being treated as factual. Powder City is not reselling opened powders, but selling unopened returns and those returned by customs. Ceretropic is another solid vendor that does 3rd party testing/COA's and they are who I would recommend if you are still looking to get Fasoracetam to test out. I have also hesitated to pull the trigger on Faso, despite my willingness to try substances such as Unifiram, due to the high number of anecdotal reports regarding weak orgasm/some sort of alteration on prolactin levels. Neither me or my wife would be pleased with that.

It does concern me that Powder City accept opened returns. What do they do with this returned product? Dispose of it?

That aside, I'm not overly concerned, since I've already decided to trial the fasoracetam when it arrives. I'll take the usual precautions when dealing with such a novel and potent substance.

Regarding conjecture...Is there any evidence that fasoracetam elevates prolactin? Or is this just speculation based upon some anecdotes that it attenuates orgasm?

I've experienced elevated prolactin in the past from being on Amisulpride long term without a dopamine agonist. It has other unpleasant effects aside from a general dulling of sexual pleasure.

Let me know how you fare with the Fasoracetam.  There is no evidence other than anecdotal that Fasoracetam elevates prolactin, although it must alter something for those reports to occur, and prolactin seems to make the most sense.  What other negative effects have you experienced in the past from elevated prolactin levels?

#231 striker_321

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:30 PM

Striker: I don't think you read closely. I do not see a single post here that is "paranoid", nor do I see a post that definitively embraces the proposition that someone is poisoning nootropics. Your post, on the other hand, does come across as insupportably definitive insofar are you claim that *no one* is poisoning nootropics. There is no way to unequivocally support either position since we don't know until we know. You go on to report that Powder City is selling only unopened returns. That is good to know. But if you took even a cursory glance at the real life calamities I posted in the link above, you will learn that even unopened items can be tampered (did you read about the unopened water bottle incident?). Which is why, in my personal opinion, the best practice is to discard returns. Period. Moreover, why would anything that has been written up to this point trigger hysterical rumors when people have minds and reasoning faculties, and are presumably capable of filtering through information and parsing fact from opinion?

More importantly, what, if anything, would give rise to such hysterical rumors? No one claimed that Powder City is, in fact, selling tampered products. The discussion merely pointed up the possibility of contamination since the company, by its own words, reported that they received some returns of fasoracetam, and are now reselling those returns. A claim that the products are contaminated is certainly unsupportable. But equally untenably is a claim that they most definitely are not. 

Evidently, the mere suggestion of tampering offends your sensibilities, however, you mustn't forget that we live in the real world, and must face its real life implications. More simply put: there are really bad people in this world. Sometimes they do really bad things. Not discussing those things do not make them go away. I think it is quite irresponsible to dig your heels in and insist one way or the other, unless you have indisputable proof. I have absolutely no proof that the returned products have been contaminated. Relatedly, you have no indisputable proof that it cannot happen. 

Lastly, you mentioned "pure unsubstantiated conjecture" and YET…no one made claim that any of these concerns are true in fact! It is indeed, by the very nature of the discussion, conjecture. It is an exploration of possibilities, not a treatise. In my particular case, I specifically stated that my commentary is conjecture, that I have never had a problem with Powder City, and that I plan to continue to purchase from them. But make no mistake about it: I will not hesitate to call a business practice out if I genuinely believe it is potentially harmful or risky. 

To avoid against derailing this thread too far off course, I will not reply again unless it relates to FASORACETAM. Thus, any replies to what I just wrote will go unanswered, to save the rest of the community/subscribers from off topic material.  

MORE ON TOPIC: My Faso arrives ~Wednesday. I also ordered some Coluracetam and will trial the two in conjunction. Has anyone tried Faso and Colu together? If so, PLEASE reply with your personal experience. I currently take around 20g piracetam two to three days per week, 1gram oxiracetam each day, and L-theanine as needed. I dip in and out of SEMAX as well. I change my routine quite often, and have heard good things about the Faso/Colu combination. Thank you kindly. CHEERS!!

So it is ok to bring up unrelated material from the 1970's regarding supermarket poisoning, which has nothing to do with Fasoracetam (with no sources at that!), but not ok to call someone out on that action? Interesting.  I agree it is in all of our best interest to stay on topic going forward.

Regarding the Fasoracetam issue, if one still has doubts, they can call up Colmaric (the 3rd party testing company PC uses) and verify it from there, or even have the product tested themselves.  It is the user's prerogative to do as they see fit.

I have not tried the Fasoracetam + Coluracetam combo, but I have taken Coluracetam with the following: Ashwagandha, Bacopa, Aniracetam, Noopept, Piracetam, and Rhodiola (in addition to Vitamin B complex and other vitamins/minerals) without issue.  There were no negative effects/interactions that I could isolate from that combination, but Coluracetam itself has been quite unpredictable for me no matter the dosage, timing or if it is part of a stack or not.  At least half the time, instead of getting improved mood, increased energy, better focus and anxiolytic effects, I got pretty much the opposite: depression and brain fog.  Hopefully you will have more consistent (and better) results.

#232 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:58 AM

Regarding Coluracetam, my experience was generally negative as well. Persistant headaches and poor mood made me abandon my trial after three days.

My personal experience with elevated prolactin levels involved a myriad of negative effects. Primarily I would characterise it as a general reduction in 'drive'. I was more passive and less inclined to confront adversity. It also had a deleterious effect on body composition. Including reduced muscle tone and adipose deposition in atypical regions. The commonly associated sexual side effects were also present.

I was on a minimal dose of Amisulpride (50mg) to treat dysthymia. It was only during the last three months of my use of Amisulpride that I took it without a dopamine agonist. The correlation between elevated prolactin levels and these symptoms was confirmed via regular blood tests. When the levels finally returned to normal after ceasing the Amisulpride the symptoms gradually dissipated.

As you can imagine I am loathe to take anything which could elevate prolactin again. If I feel this is occurring during my trial of Fasoracetam then I will discontinue it immediately.

#233 blueenigma

• 47 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:54 AM

Regarding Coluracetam, my experience was generally negative as well. Persistant headaches and poor mood made me abandon my trial after three days.

My personal experience with elevated prolactin levels involved a myriad of negative effects. Primarily I would characterise it as a general reduction in 'drive'. I was more passive and less inclined to confront adversity. It also had a deleterious effect on body composition. Including reduced muscle tone and adipose deposition in atypical regions. The commonly associated sexual side effects were also present.

I was on a minimal dose of Amisulpride (50mg) to treat dysthymia. It was only during the last three months of my use of Amisulpride that I took it without a dopamine agonist. The correlation between elevated prolactin levels and these symptoms was confirmed via regular blood tests. When the levels finally returned to normal after ceasing the Amisulpride the symptoms gradually dissipated.

As you can imagine I am loathe to take anything which could elevate prolactin again. If I feel this is occurring during my trial of Fasoracetam then I will discontinue it immediately.

Oh my! You must be careful with monitoring your prolactin levels, but I'm quite sure you're already aware of that.

Your high prolactin concentration interfered with your testosterone production, which is why you experienced reduced muscle tone, fat loss, and all of the other sequela, but again, I'm sure you're already aware of that.

The great thing is that once prolactin levels return to normal, the negative effects are reversed.

Did you take cabergoline to recalibrate your prolactin level, or simply cessation from Amisulpride? As far as your anhedonia, have you ever tried tinaeptine? I hear it's very effective in handling anhedonia.

Also, similar to your experience, coluracetam seems to be not well-suited to my personal makeup. Strangely, it went from friend to foe quite swiftly. My first week or so of use was very pleasant, almost euphoric. Suddenly, like a woman scorned, it turned on me! I began to wake up in a consistently foul and agitated state each day after using it, and my temper was stuck in the red. I did not want to believe coluracetam was the culprit so I cycled off and cycled on over and again to see if I could replicate the effects. To my dismay, I experienced the same blossoming of ill effects each time. Because my initial encounter with coluracetam was so blissful, I continue to chase it. I also experience anhedonia, albeit intermittent, so I was hopeful for colu. I want to see if marrying it with some other substance can make it once again behave.

My apologies for the long reply. It's almost a trademark. Cheers!!!

#234 bosozok

• 30 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:24 AM

Fasoracetam and oxiracetam play together very well. I've used fasoracetam for over five months now. I find it hits procrastination on the head dead center. It's a real motivator.

Much more so when combined with Oxiracetam. I can only describe the two together to be like entering the 'zone'. In addition, the two together feels very clean.

Recommend trying the combo.  

#235 blueenigma

• 47 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:38 PM

Interesting Bosozok. I'll give it a try. I have some of almost every nootropic on hand at any given time so it's easy for me to experiment quite elaborately with these substances. 

My FASO arrived yesterday, and here is an update on what I've experienced so far: 

Yesterday at 2:30PM, I took a 20mg dose with water, after eating two soft scrambled eggs. I went about my day as usual, and did not experience any perceptible acute effects (e.g. lights did not appear brighter, I did not detect HD visual effects, I did not feel more "on the ball", did not notice any effect on reaction time, or any other stand out effect. I finished up some projects, cleaned up my apartment, cooked dinner, and did some other mundane tasks that I will not bother to mention lest I bore you dear readers to death. 

At 10PM, I took a second dose of 20mg and finished up my night in a pretty unremarkable fashion: I watched a few Untouchables episodes, ran the dishwasher, washed my hair, and worked a bit on my business numbers. I did not detect any mental, physical, or emotional influences from the FASO, and I felt pretty "normal" in the sense that everything seemed to be going along like any other day randomly plucked from one of my weeks. 

Today, I took my first dose of FASO at 2:35PM, but I decided to up the dose to 40mg. The immediate effect was a physical sensation of fullness in my head, that remained for approximately five minutes. The sensation was accompanied by a mild spacey feeling, similar to when you first wake up and haven't fully shaken off the drowsiness of sleep. I went through my usual actions of taking dishes from the dishwasher but my movements felt strangely slowed down, but it wasn't as if the movements themselves had slowed down but rather like time itself was temporarily caught in a slow motion time continuum. Fifteen to 20 minutes after dosing, I felt a sense of calm and contentment, not dissimilar to L-theanine's effects. But this is where the effects became slightly problematic because I found myself staring blankly (and strangely contentedly) at my laptop screen for extended periods of time. My intention, when I opened my laptop, was to log into my administrator panel on my website and perform one simple task. Two hours later, I was still staring at my computer screen, and not at all displeased that I had gotten nothing done! While the feeling of calm and contentment is great, I don't know that "screen-staring" qualifies as a very productive form of engagement. What is odd is that it did not disturb me one bit that I hadn't made one ounce of accomplishment on my website in a two hour period, when typically, I am very type-A personality, and would be quite disturbed by such a thing.  

I plan to dose another 40mg in a short while, around 6PM, and I am considering pairing it with some other substance in my nootropics arsenal to see if I can capitalize on its calming effects whilst minimizing the trance-like state of staring off into space. 

#236 bosozok

• 30 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:43 AM

I've spaced out taking Faso too, but I put that down to the 40 mg of phenylpiracetam at 5:30 am, the 200 of Pram at after lunch at about 12:30 and 20 mg of colouracetam along with 20 mg of Faso fairly close together an hour later. Though it's not really possible to single out which one of the horrible mix bought on the spaciness. Never again!

20 grams of Faso is enough for me and about half hour later about 200 of oxi. 

Come to think of it, I have always done the Faso and Oxi combo on the same day I take phenyl in the early morning. Maybe the phenyl--though taken about six hours earlier--is a potentiator for the combo?

I drink a couple of double shots of coffee each and every day also.

Edited by bosozok, 18 March 2015 - 04:46 AM.

#237 NinefingerJoe

• 65 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:03 PM

Just got an email from PC that Coluracetam is back in stock, along with FASORACETAM.

#238 blueenigma

• 47 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:30 PM

Today is day four on fasoracetam and I remain ambivalent about this nootropic. I experienced a few unusual occurrences yesterday that I find both troubling and interesting, and I'm leaning increasingly toward the 'discard' bin. But not just yet.

The rundown: since starting fasoracetam four days ago, I've noticed two (distinct?) phenomena; one dealing with numbers, and the other related to what I believe could be a processing issue.

As to the first, I seem to have developed some peculiar problem with typing numbers in the correct order, although the completed number will in fact contain all intended digits. For instance, yesterday I was typing a document and going along quite smoothly when I got this sense that I was typing a particular number incorrectly. I double checked my paperwork, and indeed I had typed 1257 when I should have typed 2175. The realization that I was typing the wrong number came upon me quite unexpectedly, like a "pop" into my mind out of nowhere. I suddenly just "knew" that I was typing the wrong number and stopped mid-sentence to check. I don't know how or why this realization dawned on me, but it did.

Later in the day I was texting and meant to type a particular number and yet again typed all of the constituent numbers, but out of proper sequence. I went back through the text and made all necessary corrections and observed that I had consistently typed the same incorrect number over and again. It contained all of the digits I intended to type, in mixed-up order.

I've never been dyslexic nor have I ever had issues with numbers-writing so it is a bit alarming that I convoluted numbers twice in the same day.

I'm not sure which part of the brain deals with numbers or even if this an issue particular to numbers at all. It could be an ordering issue or some other thing that has to do with information sorting.

The second phenomenon is what I can best describe as information processing. In particular, I downloaded a business card app that allows you to create a virtual business card that can be sent electronically to others. When I got to the design phase, I began the process of creating the virtual card so that it visually resembles my physical business card. Thus, I wanted to place the business name at top center; my name/title/web address at the center right; and my phone/email/physical address to the bottom left.

To my surprise the task, which reasonably should not have taken more than ten minutes, took over an hour!

In a nutshell, the app works like this: you enter your business information into designated information boxes before you begin designing the card itself. Once you start designing the card, it is a matter of highlighting sections of the card and then "switching on" (pressing) the particular information box you want populated in that area.

Time and again, when I intended to place my website address at the center right, I entered my email address instead. I deleted the mistake only to make the very same mistake. Over. And over.

Similarly, I repeatedly placed my website address to the bottom left when I actually wanted my email address there. Over and again. Yet the clownery didn't end there! I wanted to place my contact information in a particular spatial order. That is, telephone number at the top, email address beneath that, and physical address at the bottom. Instead, I repeatedly drag and dropped the information lines in an incorrect spatial arrangement. I would place physical address at top. Then email address at top. Then city and state at top. And on and on. It was ridiculously frustrating and took way too many attempts to do correctly to openly admit to.

I have no idea what events of nature conspired to cause this clusterf*ck of events, but after a gross amount of fiddling around like a lunatic, I finally put the virtual card together.

I'm not sure if the numbers incidents and the spatial issue have any relation in terms of the functional area of the brain involved, or even what specific area of the brain is implicated. What I do know is that the only other time I've had a similar experience was when I briefly used noopept. I feel like (and felt like, on noopept) I've gotten a little "dumb", although that is far too simple and unrefined a description.

Now I'm in a quandary:

1) is this simply the initial and natural manifestations of this nootropic, which irons itself out beautifully in time and ends in a beautiful butterfly from the cocoon, or

2) the beginning of something terrible, or

3) age simply catching up with me, separate and apart from nootropic use, or

4) in any event, nothing whatsoever to do with fasoracetam?

#239 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:39 PM

Hard to say, Blueenigma. As far as I know, there are no reports about spatial and mathematical disturbances in the brain, when taking Fasoracetam. On the other hand, the online reports from cheminauts seems to vary quite wildly - add also the fact that the cognitive enhancement of this drug seems to have been pinpointed to be beneficial for a very select group of individuals, according to Dr. Hakonarson.

I'm guessing you may not belong to that group of individuals.

I myself experienced nothing of what you describe, no spatial or mathematical difficulties. However, I'm quite different from you, in that I ALREADY have spatial, visual and mathematical processing-issues, as a result of several cognitive deficits, to varying degrees.

My full diagnosis is: ADHD-PI-DCD-DY.

Which means that other than my problems with attention and motivation, I also have problems with coordination and simple arithmetic.

SO! I am actually QUITE encouraged reading that Fasoracetam affected your number-processing! ^^ Because I already have difficulties with this, and since I noticed NO worsening of symptoms while on Faso, this actually means it might be BENEFICIAL(!) to me.

It should be noted, that this might well be in line with the research on Faso as treatment for ADHD, as it is intended for those that have more cognitive deficits than the classic ADHD -symptoms.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#240 H.S.Thompson

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:44 PM

Don't mean to detract from the spatial reasoning aspects of Fasoracetam, but I some worries further back in the thread about decreased orgasm pleasure on Faso, and that seems...troubling.

I've just started Faso, (literally today), so I obviously can't say yet as to whether or not it decreases motility/pleasure at climax, but I'd be happy to chime in as I go along with my trial. After a gallbladder removal a few years ago I experienced something really similar to what some of the users in this thread described though, thought it worth mentioning what's been working for me, maybe it could combat some of the sexual side-effect profile of Faso? If I even get a glimpse of any sexual side effects I'm afraid this little guy's goin' out the window.

Libido Stack:

Rhodiola 100-200 mg/day

Hordenine 25-50 mg/day sublingual

PEA 50mg/3 x day , 1st cap 20 min after Rhod/Hordenine

Maca 500mg 

DMAA 25mg

Bromantane (NStar) 25-30 mg sublingual

-Used to use Selegeline for the MAO-b inhibition, but found it too hard to accurately and consistently dose.

Hope that helps anyone who's trying Faso and experiencing (unwanted) climactic effects. As I'm sure most of you know, some of those supplements carry an inherit risk. I also take Coloracetam(NS), Sunifiram(NS), Phenylpiracetam(LiftMode) & Fasoracetam (TrueLIFE) - all in lower than par sublingual doses.

Starting the Faso off at 20-25mg sublingual, welcome any feed back from those who have been on it longer, (against my current stack). Not sure yet if I'm lovin' the effects, even though I thought I would. I'm getting the brain frog reference, but also slightly anxious? I also take Memantine when I feel like I need to clear out, so this might have something to do with that. I'll keep trialing & watch closely for any libido effects. Also, getting ready to trial Mocolobemide (to replace the Rhodiola/Hordenine MAO-a/b inhibition). Heard really great things about it. I will have to rearrange my sleep stack a bit as well. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fasoracetam, adhd, racetam, ns-105, lam-105, nsn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users