* * * * - 1 votes

TOOK TOO MUCH NOOTS or RAEMTAMS

noopept racetam pramiracetam overdose too much side effects negative

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 BStooks

• 21 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:17 PM

HELP! I am new to this forum and will definitely introduce myself when I am in better shape, but for now I need some help. I am pretty certain I have taken WAY too much noopept (or something else in my stack). I have been experiencing major brain fog and presently that is accompanies with extreme over-stimulation (to the point where it is difficult to type I am so shaky). I will give you the basics and you can ask questions as needed because I just need to get some relief as fast as I can. Please tell me if you know anything I can do or take to mitigate these side effects!

WHAT I'VE TAKEN TODAY:

40 mg adderall

100 mg Noopept

400 mg magnesium 

100 mg B2 Riboflavin

1200 mg Fish Oil (with vitamin D)

500 mg C-plus echinancea

200 mcg selenium (for antioxidant properties)

550 mg Ginger root (thought this might help brain fog)

50 mg molybdenum

600 mg N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) 

I took all of this between 11 am and 3 PM. My brain fog was horrible, so I took some TRUE FOCUS to try and combat that. TRUE FOCUS contains:

B-6

Potassium

L-Tyrosine

L-Phenylalaline

taurine

grape seed extract

Potassium Ascarbate

DMAE

Ginko Bilboa

Coq10

After taking that I became very jittery (and this coming from someone who has a very high tolerance from stimulants). I feel very irritable and ramped up but without any motivation or a clear head. Feel uncomfortable and apathetic and its hard to do certain things like type. 

Sometimes Phenibut helps with negative side effects from racetams but I just don't know what to do. PLEASE HELP!! I'm struggling over here any help is much appreciated =)

I just realized I misspelled the words in the title of this thread. That is how jittery I am. It is difficult to type. Sorry for the error :|?  ;)  :-D

#2 BStooks

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:26 PM

Mr Nootropic, Any advice on what I can do? I'm getting a little desperate. I'm trying to get out resumes and need to be productive. I have a husband who just got out of brain surgery and so I can't be the one that can't think clearly! This really feels weird like I want to get out of my body. PLEASEE SOMEONE HELP!  :sad:  :)  :|o  :wacko:  :unsure:  :-D

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 YOLF

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:51 AM

My guess would be DMAE or Ginko. But it's not my area of expertise. I'll move this topic to nootropic stacks so you'll get more attention from the nooties.

• like x 1

#4 BStooks

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:47 AM

oh thank you for doing that. I'm not sure how to do that. Like I said, I am new. How to I then get to the topic after you move it?

thanks again! =)

My guess would be DMAE or Ginko. But it's not my area of expertise. I'll move this topic to nootropic stacks so you'll get more attention from the nooties.

How do I go to nootropic Stacks to find it once it's moved? Thanks again for doing this

#5 YOLF

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:38 AM

At the top of the screen to the right of the envelope icon is a notification icon. It will notify you of any threads that have had new activity and provide a direct link.

#6 lorreann

• 20 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:28 AM

Bethany....Urgent!

Both the Tyrosine and L-Phenylalanine in the TRUE FOCUS can give you shakes and palpitations. I have had panic attacks from both in the past....mostly the L Phenylalanine. Especially because you are taking it with Adderall which is also a stimulant.

Also, I am new to Nootropics, too, but I think 100 mg of Noopept is way too high. I think it is supposed to be 10 mg. I will try to search and confirm for you. And finally, I had a terrible reaction to Phenibut. I felt car sick and dizzy, shaking and had to lay down. This happened every time I used it. I ended up hiding it from myself so I wasn't tempted to take it again. Even though I did like the calm it gave me, it wasn't worth the side effects. L Theanine is a good choice for calming jitters and anxiety and a lot of the Nootropic sites recommend a stack of caffeine and Theanine together. With the things you are taking it might be a good choice.

I am a recovering addict too so I know how easy it is for us to overdo things, but you might find that less is more for you because you will feel good without all the side effects. Good Luck! :)

Edited by lorreann, 29 May 2014 - 07:43 AM.

#7 lorreann

• 20 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:37 AM

Bethany, OK I'm back. I found this info on Noopept and it says the dosage is between 10 and 40 mg. I take 10mg 2x a day and enjoy the results. I am taking it with other Nootropics for added benefit. 

Noopept Noopept – N-Phenylacetyl-L-prolylglycine ethyl ester – is not technically a Racetam, though it is derived from this class and use a similar mechanisms of action. It has a different chemical structure which technically makes it a neuropeptide, said to be over 1000x times more concentrated than Piracetam. The effective dosage for Noopept powder is between 10 – 40 mg which is exceptional small in comparison to other Racetams. Noopept demonstrates very high affinity for ACh, AMPA and NDMA receptors that relate to short-term and long-term memory. Like Aniracetam, it also activates D2 an D3 receptors for Dopamine as well as selective Serotonin receptors. These systems are involved in mood and motivation which is why Noopept is seen as being effective for disorders such as depression and anxiety. Noopept further increases Nerve Growth Factor levels which is a hormone involved in the maintenance and repair of healthy brain cells. It is being investigated as a possible treatment for Alzheimer’s disease and other neurodegenerative disorders including Age-Related Memory Loss. - See more at: http://nootriment.co...h.CsF1lPZV.dpuf

• like x 1

#8 lorreann

• 20 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:42 AM

I also read we are supposed to take Choline with our stack.

#9 mrnootropic

• 180 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:57 PM

Mr Nootropic, Any advice on what I can do? I'm getting a little desperate. I'm trying to get out resumes and need to be productive. I have a husband who just got out of brain surgery and so I can't be the one that can't think clearly! This really feels weird like I want to get out of my body. PLEASEE SOMEONE HELP!   :sad:   :)   :|o   :wacko:   :unsure:   :-D

Adderall can cause many side effects. Various people have claimed it can make you feel jittery..

Adderall can interact with NRIs (norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors)

Both L-Tyrosine & L-Phenylalanine are converted to Norepinephrine, 

L-Phenylalanine is biologically converted into L-tyrosine, L-tyrosine is converted into L-DOPA, which is converted into dopamine,norepinephrine (noradrenaline), and epinephrine (adrenaline).

wouldn't take Adderall with L-Tryosine & L-Phenylalanine as it could make the effects amplify or interact with each other a negative way. DMAE can also feel stimulating too.. 

And its safer to take NAC on a cycle, which means after 6 weeks of use, take a rest.

Also try and take around 300mg of NAC, take a smaller dose.

Introduce Milk Thistle, (try Jarrow Formulas MIlk Thistle). and use Milk Thistle as an everyday supplement instead of NAC. And then Re-introduce NAC again.

The reason is because,  at high doses NAC has been shown to cause Pulmonary arterial hypertension, this is only at high doses, so theres no need to worry about it, especially if you take a break from NAC.. Still take NAC daily but just make sure you take a break every now and then, just to avoid any problems.

Phenibut is well known to cause Insane and Horrendous side effects. Picamilon is a mild alternative, if you are seeking an Anti-Anxiety effect. And Replace 100mg of Noopept with 10mg.. 

Keep taking these : 

400 mg magnesium 

100 mg B2 Riboflavin, (Try Replace with Jarrow Formulas B-Right)

1200 mg Fish Oil (with vitamin D)

500 mg C-plus echinancea

200 mcg selenium (Try 100mcg instead, a smaller dose)

550 mg Ginger root  

50 mg molybdenum

NAC ( But take a break)

Replace *True Focus* with *Jarrow Formulas B - Right*, it contains superior ingredients for mental focus and fatigue and brain fog. 

B-Right contains: Methyl folate, Methylcobalamin, P-5-P, choline & inositol and all the superior forms of Vitamin B, so your getting all your b vitamins including Niacin and Niacinamide, you can actually feel the effects of B-Right after a few days, if not the first day of taking it

And take the Ingredients that are in True focus separately.  

Out of True Focus, the only ingredients i would take are Co-Q10 & DMAE & grape seed extract.. 

So after you've done with the Bottle of True Focus, replace it with Jarrow Formulas B-Right and see how you feel.

Jarrow Formulas B-Right also wont interact with your Adderall like True Focus will. And it will help with your Brain Fog. 

what is your goal for taking these supplements and the adderall ?? to get rid of brain fog or increase focus ?? 

Hope your Husband gets well too!..

Edited by Mr.Nootropic, 29 May 2014 - 01:26 PM.

• like x 1

#10 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

Is this a acute thing or does it allready lasts for several days ?

Form what I´ve read, some people dosaged far higher.

http://www.reddit.co...megadose_100mg/

Ok this could mean nothing since everyone is different.

But it may also either depend on the mix or just on the adderal+something.

Idk, just my toughts.

Take care of You self

hope You do Well.

Edited by Flex, 29 May 2014 - 01:06 PM.

#11 BStooks

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:13 PM

thank you so much for everyone's response. To answer a few questions:

- it has happened a few times but yesterday was almost unbreakable. I obviously took too many stimulants

- My objective is to have motivation, energy (mental and physical), along with focus ( I am prescribed to adderall for that but am open to other options)

- I have been under tremendous amount of stress and find it harder to have all of these things and I am only 28. 

- Today I only took NAC and TRUE FOCUS but I still have insane brain fog. I feel like I am disabled. I just have an overall feeling of uneasiness and my muscles are extremely achy. Could this be withdrawal? I have only been taking the noopept for a few weeks and phenibut a few times a week. I take else just about every day. 

I really appreciate your help. I can't afford to be feeling like this right now when my husband is ill. 

#12 BStooks

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

I'm probably just being paranoid but I'm worried my brain will never be the same again. I'm a writer and currently looking for jobs. It's literally difficult for me to write a cover letter which is not normal. The first few times I used the noopept and the phenibut, they worked so well and I felt the most focused and motivated I have ever been (not in a stimulant way).

I also meant to mention that I would love for these benefits as well:

- mood booster (I suffer from depression)

- anxiety (I have found no luck with L-Tryptofan and will not go back on benzos. L-THeanine seems to work sometimes)

Any ideas on how to hurry this process along (i.e. help rid my body of these things faster) or is there something else I could take to help counter? I am really feeling awful. 

#13 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

Stop taking the True Focus there are at least 3 stimulating things in there

#14 BStooks

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:42 PM

I will. I did this morning before I read this post because I feel so lethargic

#15 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:42 PM

A good Doctor would look at the rootcause of Your deficits and then look further

instead perscribing just pills.

But seemingly this doesnt happen neither in Europe nor in the USA nowadays..

Anyway, Adderal is a potentinal neurotoxic drug and considering that You want to use it for a long period,

doesnt seem, at least to me, as an ideal solution.

There were people who said that they went fine with it , but also people ( here on longecity) whom  concetration and others declined even

at the therapeutic dose after months of usage.

I´m not a Doc but what I´ve read from studys is that Adderal, among others, is a Vmat2 inhibitor.

Basicaly, inhibiting Vmat2 leads to an increase of Dopamine and Adrenaline on the short term, but to a decrease on the long term.

So at least some of the negative effects "should be supposedly" related to this mechanism Afaik.

I dont want to be a scaremonger, this is just what I know about it up till now.

You should not stress You to much about a possible Damage.

Even when something persist for a while, it doesnt mean that it will be forever.

If its moderate to severe, then it takes about 2 Years to recover.

(I know this because out of own experience...with neuroleptics)

I unfortunaetly have no suggestion how to counter Brainfog.

But for motivation, concetration and maybe mood I can suggest to try:

- Greenoat extract ( I´ve only experience with the Neuravena brand)

Because its a (reversible )Mao-b and a pde4 inhibitor

- Rhodiola rosea

Its a Mao A and B and to some extend a Compt (reversible)inhibitor.

Use better allways a Standarized extract if You are interrested.

(avoid combinations of Adderal with MAO inhibitors, especially the Irreversible ones !!)

- For the anxiety Maybe Ashwagandha.

Its like a natural Benzo but far more gently than Phenibut

It is also good as an antioxidant and Brain-repairer

( but weak compared to Cerebrolysin)

I would suggest the Sensoril brand like e.g. form jarrows

Because Ashwagandha is a Bloodthinner (Anticoagulant)

But those compounds are seemingly out-filtred in the Sensoril brand.

(At least I didnt experienced thin blood, compared to the other extracts.)

This is good because You can overdose it a bit without worrying about the blood.

- PQQ seemed to surpess my anxiety, but I have to try it a few more times to be certain.

- 7,8 dihydroxyflavone is afaik natural and could be useful, but it has to be used not every day,

so cycled.

http://www.longecity...e-9#entry665608

Btw here is a topic where someone had massive Brainfog due illitic amphetamine abuse

Maybe You could ask him for advice

http://www.longecity...ceutical-means/

Edited by Flex, 29 May 2014 - 06:58 PM.

#16 lorreann

• 20 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:00 AM

If you don't feel better after dropping true focus (which you should) please take a look at Phenebut too. It gave me very scary side effects.

#17 BStooks

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

A good Doctor would look at the rootcause of Your deficits and then look further

instead perscribing just pills.

But seemingly this doesnt happen neither in Europe nor in the USA nowadays..

Anyway, Adderal is a potentinal neurotoxic drug and considering that You want to use it for a long period,

doesnt seem, at least to me, as an ideal solution.

There were people who said that they went fine with it , but also people ( here on longecity) whom  concetration and others declined even

at the therapeutic dose after months of usage.

I´m not a Doc but what I´ve read from studys is that Adderal, among others, is a Vmat2 inhibitor.

Basicaly, inhibiting Vmat2 leads to an increase of Dopamine and Adrenaline on the short term, but to a decrease on the long term.

So at least some of the negative effects "should be supposedly" related to this mechanism Afaik.

I dont want to be a scaremonger, this is just what I know about it up till now.

You should not stress You to much about a possible Damage.

Even when something persist for a while, it doesnt mean that it will be forever.

If its moderate to severe, then it takes about 2 Years to recover.

(I know this because out of own experience...with neuroleptics)

I unfortunaetly have no suggestion how to counter Brainfog.

But for motivation, concetration and maybe mood I can suggest to try:

- Greenoat extract ( I´ve only experience with the Neuravena brand)

Because its a (reversible )Mao-b and a pde4 inhibitor

- Rhodiola rosea

Its a Mao A and B and to some extend a Compt (reversible)inhibitor.

Use better allways a Standarized extract if You are interrested.

(avoid combinations of Adderal with MAO inhibitors, especially the Irreversible ones !!)

- For the anxiety Maybe Ashwagandha.

Its like a natural Benzo but far more gently than Phenibut

It is also good as an antioxidant and Brain-repairer

( but weak compared to Cerebrolysin)

I would suggest the Sensoril brand like e.g. form jarrows

Because Ashwagandha is a Bloodthinner (Anticoagulant)

But those compounds are seemingly out-filtred in the Sensoril brand.

(At least I didnt experienced thin blood, compared to the other extracts.)

This is good because You can overdose it a bit without worrying about the blood.

- PQQ seemed to surpess my anxiety, but I have to try it a few more times to be certain.

- 7,8 dihydroxyflavone is afaik natural and could be useful, but it has to be used not every day,

so cycled.

http://www.longecity...e-9#entry665608

Btw here is a topic where someone had massive Brainfog due illitic amphetamine abuse

Maybe You could ask him for advice

http://www.longecity...ceutical-means/

what is an MAO A and B compt (reversible) inhibitor and what do you mean by "don't take a MAOI that is irreversible? i.e. which ones would be reversible?

#18 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:11 AM

The monoamineoxidase (Mao) degrades monoamines i.e. dopamine, (nor-)adrenaline and serotonie(5-htp) and other like tyramine. If You inhibit the Mao then You will have a higher ammount of them since they arent metabolised. 

Mao-a occurs witin the vesicle i.e. where the reserve of monoamines is stored. It degrades all monoamines.

Mao-b occurs, afaik, at the glial cell so at the syaptic cleft and degrades only dopamine and adrenaline.

Using a irreversible mao inhibitor like rasagiline leads, to a irreversible inhibition of the Mao which leads to a ca. 2 weeks enduring blockade, because this is the time which is needed to replace it with a new one.

In this time you will become insomnia nervousness since you have too much e.g. adrenaline.

Using then adderal on top of that is "not so good"

So better a reversible because you can controll it better.

Mostly the known natural Mao inhibitors are reversible. Like passionflower, rhodiola rosea,  greenoat and St.Johns worth( its of course a reputake inhibitor as well) there are more but those are the known.

Just wanted to make you aware to be careful to not mix it with irrveversible ones. You never know

Edited by Flex, 31 May 2014 - 04:26 AM.

#19 Gh0s7

• 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:02 AM

Hi there,

I just made an account to respond to this post as it kind of worried me.

First up, Dear god drop your Noopept dose, 50mg a day in 25mg doses is more than enough, 100mg a day is kind of like dragging your self behind a train to make you run faster, this WON't help the brain fog for a start, I would cycle off Noopept for 2 weeks.

Adderall is murder on your brain, I used to recreationally use stimulants and its really really hard on the brain.

True focus is the devil, I assume with a busy life like yours you also drink energy drinks? Most of these have buttloads of taurine in them. Too much taurine + adderall will make you literally want to rip your own flesh off to get away from yourself. Phenibut will combat this but you would need to take 2000mg+ to counteract the amount of stimulants you're talking about here, doses of that much Phenibut and you may aswell go and buy MDMA as that is the sort of experience you will have.

My personal advice would be to drop back to:

400 mg magnesium 

100 mg B2 Riboflavin

1200 mg Fish Oil (with vitamin D) (make sure your Fish Oil bottle says something about DHA on it, otherwise your taking a product for prolonging the life of your joints)

500 mg C-plus echinancea

(maybe change some dosages here and there but essentially this)

for a week (a few days should do it if you really cant afford a whole week of slow)

and then Cycle back onto 25mg of Noopept twice a day, Also as I'm writing this, I've realised you dont have Choline in here, Choline is a MUST when taking Noopept (I take 200mg for every 25mg of noopept), otherwise NP uses up everything your body has and will once again create massive brain fog. I can only imagine what this must of felt like, all those stimulants on top of extremely depleted choline.

Edited by Gh0s7, 31 May 2014 - 06:08 AM.

• like x 1

#20 lorreann

• 20 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:34 AM

Thank you Gh0s7 I should have emphasized Choline, too! And you picked up on a lot of things like Taurine, too. You seem to have a lot of wisdom we could all use!

Edited by lorreann, 01 June 2014 - 08:38 AM.

#21 Adrastus

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:54 PM

Probably not a great idea to take all those supplements with adderall...I would usually advise one or the other.  Nootropics, or Adderall.  But not both.  Most people I know usually try to quit adderall and use nootropics in place of it.

Are you prescribed the Adderall?  Did you tell your Doc what you were taking with it?  I'm sure he (or she :-D ) wouldn't be too supportive of the combination.

Edited by Adrastus, 01 June 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#22 lorreann

• 20 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:40 AM

I asked my doctor to switch me from Adderall and Vyvannse to Provigil. I find that Provigil goes very well with my other Nootropics.

#23 lorreann

• 20 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:46 AM

By the way, with a doctors prescription for Provigil it is only $10.00 (or whatever your insurance charges for a generic co-pay) because it has gone generic. The same company that makes the super expensive Provigil is the same company that makes the generic. The pills didn't even change-they are the same ones.   Provigil can be used as an ADD medication, though some people prefer the more physically stimulating drugs. I prefer the mental awakens that Provigil provides, without the anxiety.

#24 BStooks

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

The monoamineoxidase (Mao) degrades monoamines i.e. dopamine, (nor-)adrenaline and serotonie(5-htp) and other like tyramine. If You inhibit the Mao then You will have a higher ammount of them since they arent metabolised. 

Mao-a occurs witin the vesicle i.e. where the reserve of monoamines is stored. It degrades all monoamines.

Mao-b occurs, afaik, at the glial cell so at the syaptic cleft and degrades only dopamine and adrenaline.

Using a irreversible mao inhibitor like rasagiline leads, to a irreversible inhibition of the Mao which leads to a ca. 2 weeks enduring blockade, because this is the time which is needed to replace it with a new one.

In this time you will become insomnia nervousness since you have too much e.g. adrenaline.

Using then adderal on top of that is "not so good"

So better a reversible because you can controll it better.

Mostly the known natural Mao inhibitors are reversible. Like passionflower, rhodiola rosea,  greenoat and St.Johns worth( its of course a reputake inhibitor as well) there are more but those are the known.

Just wanted to make you aware to be careful to not mix it with irrveversible ones. You never know

So I take cymbalta and Wellbutrin. Are those irreversible?

#25 BStooks

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:37 PM

Hi there,

I just made an account to respond to this post as it kind of worried me.

First up, Dear god drop your Noopept dose, 50mg a day in 25mg doses is more than enough, 100mg a day is kind of like dragging your self behind a train to make you run faster, this WON't help the brain fog for a start, I would cycle off Noopept for 2 weeks.

Adderall is murder on your brain, I used to recreationally use stimulants and its really really hard on the brain.

True focus is the devil, I assume with a busy life like yours you also drink energy drinks? Most of these have buttloads of taurine in them. Too much taurine + adderall will make you literally want to rip your own flesh off to get away from yourself. Phenibut will combat this but you would need to take 2000mg+ to counteract the amount of stimulants you're talking about here, doses of that much Phenibut and you may aswell go and buy MDMA as that is the sort of experience you will have.

My personal advice would be to drop back to:

400 mg magnesium 

100 mg B2 Riboflavin

1200 mg Fish Oil (with vitamin D) (make sure your Fish Oil bottle says something about DHA on it, otherwise your taking a product for prolonging the life of your joints)

500 mg C-plus echinancea

(maybe change some dosages here and there but essentially this)

for a week (a few days should do it if you really cant afford a whole week of slow)

and then Cycle back onto 25mg of Noopept twice a day, Also as I'm writing this, I've realised you dont have Choline in here, Choline is a MUST when taking Noopept (I take 200mg for every 25mg of noopept), otherwise NP uses up everything your body has and will once again create massive brain fog. I can only imagine what this must of felt like, all those stimulants on top of extremely depleted choline.

God bless you. Thank you. You are so kind for helping me. I do have a choline source but I just forgot to put it here. I have other things I have tried and might try but I was just posting the things I had in my system that day because I was desperate. 

I immediately went off the noopept. I haven't taken it since. I didn't wean off of it though. Also, I just had the dosing wrong and wasn't trying to overload. I am very new to all of this. And i did have several VERY GOOD experiences when I took some stacks. And by very good I mean I was thinking clearly as if I had nothing foreign in my body for the first time ever. It was like a feeling of antithesis to being on any drug.

I will give you a little background to let you know what I am trying to achieve. 

I have suffered from ADD since I was a child. I am 27 years old now and am still so ADD to the point where it really affects the quality of my life. I have been on either adderall or vyvanse for many years. I stopped taking adderall in college and started taking vyvanse and it changed my life for the better. Just FYI I haven't taken any prescription stimulants since I had my "overdose." (other than regular caffeine or green tea and I did take the True Focus alone one day this past week).

Like I said, I am under an extreme amount of stress. I got married at 25 and my husband got sick (literally this happened overnight). Basically I took him to the doctor with a headache and within 6 hours he was in brain surgery where they found a Stage IV glioblastoma Multiforme tumor. If you don't know anything about this just google it and you will see how bad this tumor is. One of the worst to kill and I believe the longest past their diagnosis anyone has ever lived is 5 years. The average lifespan post diagnosis is 6 months. They gave him 4 months. Oh, also his Mother AND my uncle died from this same exact tumor- both several months after their diagnosis. 

Since that awful day on April 22, 2012, he has undergone 3 brain surgeries. We actually just finished a trial at Duke where they injected the Polio virus into his tumor. This was insanely hard to get into and he is only the 11th person to do it. It is very risky. however, this was really his only shot at life. his tumor had relapsed a 4th time and they had just given him a few weeks to live. Then we did the trial. That was a month ago. 

We don't know if it's working but I have a feeling it is because his symptoms have changed. Anyway, the amount of stress that comes with this is truly so large that I could never even comprehend this kind of grief, emotional roller coaster, and just havoc that it can reek on a family- from physical to emotional and financial to romantic havoc. Just think about every sinlge aspect of your life being torn apart. 

Now I hate to be a debbie downer. I will say that we feel TRULY blessed that he is alive and we are so grateful for this trial. I just want to let you know what my life is like so that you might understand what my body has gone through. I have always been in shape and over the last 2 years I have lost a lot of muscle. I do not eat well although I am trying to get on a better diet. I went through a very tumultuous period (even for this situation) where so many doctors had put me on so many different types of drugs and I didn't even know what it was like to really feel. I do not and will not take any benzodiazepines anymore. I don't really drink anymore and I am just trying to be healthy.

So, I've read up on supplements and racetams and have just recently tried to put together some stacks especially after I tried noopept (the first few times I tried it I took it right) and phenibut. I had a great first few experiences with them.

Anyway, I am looking to have:

-more energy (physical and mental)

-more focus

-reduce stress (not sure if there is anything to reduce cortisol or its affects on body but I have read that there are things out there)

-mental prowess (i had to quit my job 2 years ago and I am currently trying to get back in the workforce. I am very intelligent and creative but I feel like my brain has been through so much and has not been exercised properly due to not working.)

-I want a healthy brain (or do whatever I can to protect it)

-boost mood (I suffer from depression but I am an overall easy going person. However, due to my husband's condition, sometimes it is like living with an angry monster. He gets very mad at me for small (often irrational) things and I have turned into this person who is scared and has no self esteem. I literally have ALWAYS had a very healthy self esteem, been driven, motivated, and a people person but I do not feel that way now. I am hoping some of this will change when I start working again because Lord knows it is so unhealthy for me being in our house day in and day out. We had to sell my car so I can rarely leave the house.)

-Motivation (I know these are all things that come from within but if there is anything that helps I would love to know)

Okay so I know this was very long. I would appreciate anyone's help. Below is a list of what I currently have at my house and have been experimenting with (not all at once or together):

-noopept

-phenibut

-phenylpiracetam (haven't had any luck with this)

-phenylethylamine (has worked a few times with hordenine for motivation and focus)

-True Focus

-NAC

-Choline Bitrate

-CPD Choline

I also take magnesium, fish oil, vitamin C, selenium, resveratrol, B-2, Alpha Lipoic Acid

I just ordered: 

Picamilon 
Mucuna Pruriens Extract 98% L-DOPA 
Ashwagandha Extract Bulk Powder (2.5% Withanolides) 
Sulbutiamine Bulk Powder
Vinpocetine Supplement 10%
Griffonia Seed Extract (5-HTP) 
Acetyl L-Carnitine Powder (ALCAR) 

Thank you in advance to anyone that helps and thank you so much to everyone who has already helped. 

#26 BStooks

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

just to add on to that (as if y'all wanted more info from me!) I would also like to find something that can help with anxiety and sleep. I have found no success with L-Tryptophan (however, i have only taken it a few times so maybe it needs to build up) and L-Theanine works okay but I find I build up a tolerance to it VERY fast. 

Also, I opened this and previous post up as a new topic here

Under a LOT of stress! Need help with energy, focus, and mood boost. - Brain Health - LONGECITY

I will read if it's posted on either one though. I'm just grateful if you post at all!

Edited by BStooks, 02 June 2014 - 05:20 PM.

#27 lorreann

• 20 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:56 PM

Hi Bethany, Have you tried cutting out the problematic Nootropics discussed earlier? That might be a start. I use to have horrible anxiety and panic attacks.  I can't pin point just one thing alone that helped me but I do remember the starting point was when I started on Lexapro (at bedtime) for bad anxiety. That first night I lay in bed feeling such a relief of calm come over me. I've been on it for 13 years and I'm not paralyzed with anxiety or insomnia anymore. I know several people who take it for Generalized Anxiety and it really helps. I also think if you start focusing on eliminating the stimulating trouble makers from your stack, and start building it with supplements that are calming, you might find relief. (I still take stimulant medication and drink coffee, but for everything else I focus on things that help my anxiety) I'm sure the experts on here can help guide you in that direction too. (PS I'm new on here, too!)

#28 BStooks

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:59 PM

Hi Bethany, Have you tried cutting out the problematic Nootropics discussed earlier? That might be a start. I use to have horrible anxiety and panic attacks.  I can't pin point just one thing alone that helped me but I do remember the starting point was when I started on Lexapro (at bedtime) for bad anxiety. That first night I lay in bed feeling such a relief of calm come over me. I've been on it for 13 years and I'm not paralyzed with anxiety or insomnia anymore. I know several people who take it for Generalized Anxiety and it really helps. I also think if you start focusing on eliminating the stimulating trouble makers from your stack, and start building it with supplements that are calming, you might find relief. (I still take stimulant medication and drink coffee, but for everything else I focus on things that help my anxiety) I'm sure the experts on here can help guide you in that direction too. (PS I'm new on here, too!)

I just don't need anything making me tired because I am always exhausted. Stimulants usually help because they help me be more productive which, in turn, causes less anxiety. Does that make sense?

#29 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

I just wanted to point out that I see no Racetams on that list :).

Given your circumstances, I would suggest less trying to chemically fix problems and more focus on counseling. You will probably come to this same conclusion but only later after you realise that the chemicals will not fix your life. I wish you well.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#30 lorreann

• 20 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:24 AM

PWAINE, I was under the impression that Bethany WAS trying to get off of some of the supplements. I was the one who mentioned chemicals, not her.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noopept, racetam, pramiracetam, overdose, too much, side effects, negative

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users