* * * * * 4 votes

7,8 dihydroxyflavone (group buy)

neurogenesis antidepressant

• Please log in to reply
399 replies to this topic

#241 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:39 PM

will do, and yes i thought about, say, possible parasympathetic involvement, but don't know to what i'd attribute it to. if this stuff makes it into the rest of the limbic system, i suppose anything's possible.

as cheap as it's being sold for, i say go for it. it's clear that they've bought in bulk and are selling at a loss to attract customers. they'll succeed too, provided that their products test out as authentic. i'm still working on learning how to get mine analyzed.

i'm sure their inventory's prices will inflate by the year's end. especially in the more obscure compounds.

Selling at a loss...? Indofine sells 5g for $72 and 10g for $120, which is even cheaper, and they have even supplied 7,8-DHF derivatives for a study.

that's great pricing, but can I as an individual buy direct from Indofine?

• like x 1

#242 datrat

• 144 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:14 PM

To answer lucky pierre from my perspective; yes it has pretty significant blood pressure lowering properties. A number of times I've become light-headed upon suddenly standing up. And my blood pressure was getting too low to be healthy the first couple of days, when I exceeded 60 mg BID. Also, on those days taking higher doses I experienced some transitory anxiety, not bad, but noticeable. I would have to say that other than those instances it has been anxiolitic. Not in a calming or sedating way, I've just felt too good to feel anxious. I haven't seen any direct cognitive benefits, although I've done no formal testing.

Today is day 6 of using 7,8-DHF. I was going to cycle off for a couple of days, but yesterday when I got up I felt so incredibly good that I couldn't bear to stop using it. But today is the first day that my mood is not so good and I think I know why. Last night I got really sleepy and, as I had to get up early, I took my nightly dose and went to bed around 11 pm. I fell asleep almost immediately, but was suddenly woken by a strange sensation of feeling energy pulsing into my brain. I'd almost fall asleep again during the intervals between pulses, but then the next pulse would hit and wake me. After about an hour of tossing and turning I got up and took .5 mg xanax, not for anxiety, but sleep and it worked. But this morning I'm still kind of groggy and irritable, the first day this has happened since starting 7,8-DHF. I lowered my dose to 30 mg and may go off it for 2 days after today, depending how the rest of the day goes.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#243 typ3z3r0

• 93 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

will do, and yes i thought about, say, possible parasympathetic involvement, but don't know to what i'd attribute it to. if this stuff makes it into the rest of the limbic system, i suppose anything's possible.

as cheap as it's being sold for, i say go for it. it's clear that they've bought in bulk and are selling at a loss to attract customers. they'll succeed too, provided that their products test out as authentic. i'm still working on learning how to get mine analyzed.

i'm sure their inventory's prices will inflate by the year's end. especially in the more obscure compounds.

Selling at a loss...? Indofine sells 5g for $72 and 10g for $120, which is even cheaper, and they have even supplied 7,8-DHF derivatives for a study.

that's great pricing, but can I as an individual buy direct from Indofine?

I believe so, since the company field can be left blank on the page before the payment details page. :P

#244 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

datrat, you're being a smidge too enthusiastic here - i'd definitely hold off on larger doses of this or multiple doses until it is tested for composition and purity. i have a quote request into another lab; the first lab said they didn't perform the testing i asked for, but steered me in the direction of this second lab, to whom i've submitted a quote request.

• like x 1

#245 datrat

• 144 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

You're right neuroatypicow, I feel sort of like Isochroma with this particular item. I do feel much better now though after taking a nap. :)

By the way, I just placed an order with Indofine, it was accepted and I have an order #. So unless they come back and cancel it, it looks like they sell to individuals.

• like x 1

#246 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:40 PM

glad you're feeling better. believe me, i'm as anxious and enthusiastic for this stuff to kick in as anyone, i'm just a bit more averse as i am generally very sensitive to medication.

your order will be kicked after you get an email by a gatekeeper. i just tried it earlier today too. they don't sell to individuals. i indicated that i was going to use it for personal experimentation with chinchillas as subject animal (which is true). she wasn't impressed.

(my second chinchilla is a former pet store chin, who is depressed and traumatized and has been ever since we brought him home 8 years ago. once i get the analysis results back on this, i'm putting it in his water. it was effective for both depression and fear extinction in rats, i hope it can help him. he's a good boy, but he can be his own worst enemy.)

it would have been good to be able to compare an industry-standard batch of this stuff to the batch i got from THT.

• like x 1

#247 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:43 PM

and thanks to whoever plussed me upthread! i appreciate it, just trying to do my part to help everyone become Closer to Fine.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#248 penisbreath

• Validating/Suspended
  • 530 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

To answer lucky pierre from my perspective; yes it has pretty significant blood pressure lowering properties. A number of times I've become light-headed upon suddenly standing up. And my blood pressure was getting too low to be healthy the first couple of days, when I exceeded 60 mg BID. 

Wait, how many containers did you buy? tht.co ships it in 1g units, so I guess a single unit will last you 10 days at that dose? That's not quite as cheap as I'd figured.

Also, outside of anxiolysis, is there anything that would indicate 'mood stabilizing' properties? I don't know if you're prone to aggression or irritability, but curious what effect it might have on such symptoms; one study indicated it protected against glutamate excitotoxicity and also excessive methamphetamine-induced dopamine release, so perhaps there might be some benefit ..

#249 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:41 AM

Wait, how many containers did you buy? tht.co ships it in 1g units, so I guess a single unit will last you 10 days at that dose? That's not quite as cheap as I'd figured.

Also, outside of anxiolysis, is there anything that would indicate 'mood stabilizing' properties? I don't know if you're prone to aggression or irritability, but curious what effect it might have on such symptoms; one study indicated it protected against glutamate excitotoxicity and also excessive methamphetamine-induced dopamine release, so perhaps there might be some benefit ..

Dosage in this (http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3150605/) study is 5 mg / kg in mice, human dosage would mean 5 * (3/37) = 0.4054054054 mg / kg, so around 40mg if you're at 100 kg.

#250 datrat

• 144 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

To answer lucky pierre from my perspective; yes it has pretty significant blood pressure lowering properties. A number of times I've become light-headed upon suddenly standing up. And my blood pressure was getting too low to be healthy the first couple of days, when I exceeded 60 mg BID. 

Yeah I only purchased 1 gram and am already close to out with the doses I have been taking. I am cycling off for a couple of days, starting today and when I restart I plan to keep it to 30mg's twice a day. I have just reacted very favorably to this compound. I also did a poor job of writing about my experience because I didn't mean to imply that everyone should use 60mg twice a day, that just turned out to be the upper limit for me.

As for your other question, yep I am prone towards irritability and this provided none. I have just felt extremely content and happy with no recognized side-effects other than the too low blood pressure. I  realize that neutratypicow (sp?) is being very disciplined in trying this until he gets it tested and I don't know if anyone else has received theirs yet, but it would be great to have some other experiences to see whether others are having a similar experience, or if I am something of an outlier with mine.

#251 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:08 PM

the lab i contacted answered my email with a $3800.00 quote to analyze 1 gram of DHF. i almost passed out when i read it.

now, their quote included a whole laundry list of apparatus to be use in assessing both composition and purity, including

FT-IR

NMR

EDS

GC/MS

LC/MS

ICP

SEM

and others as needed.

so my question to the group here is, what are the minimal essential procedures in determining with reasonable certainty that the sample is authentic? if i could pare that list down to one or two tests, perhaps the price would drop to within means of us mere mortals.

is purity so important to determine, or provided that the substance is indeed 7,8 DHF, could reasonable purity be assumed?

help!

• like x 1

#252 Posthuman

• 47 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:11 AM

The THT website is Not Found, anybody knows why?

http://tht.co/7.8-Di...oxyflavone.html

#253 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:24 AM

Maybe they are updating the site. Hopefully they are not shutting down :/. Fingers crossed that it will come back up with nsi-189...

#254 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:21 AM

Not looking good, now all you get is this:

Index of /

#255 penisbreath

• Validating/Suspended
  • 530 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

Damn,anywhere else selling to the public?

#256 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

Paypal has a 45 day dispute time (atleast for me), so I'd wait a bit (until the end of next week or so) and see if they fix the problem, if not, dispute. We can only hope they are updating with new products and something went wrong.

EDIT: Some of the pics are still there http://tht.co/images/tests/ So let us hope!

Edited by Nattzor, 30 May 2014 - 09:41 AM.

#257 Al Capacino

• 120 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:09 AM

The product had a fake coa, 5 times cheaper than anywhere else and now the websites disappeared...all points towards a scam to me

#258 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

The product had a fake coa, 5 times cheaper than anywhere else and now the websites disappeared...all points towards a scam to me

Uhm, they were more expensive than a supplier for actual studies. - http://www.longecity...e-8#entry665391

We do not know if the CoA was fake, could easily been watermarked to stop others from stealing it and copying. Compare it to NSN CoAs and you'll see that they might just have removed the text to make it easier to understand.

But sure, might be shitty company.

#259 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:23 AM

As posted by somebody on page 8

https://www.indofine...spx?catid=D-008

is even cheaper

#260 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:30 AM

A bit too soon to dismiss I think. Obviously still selling so why take it down and stop the flow of cash? Also why bother to create such good packaging. I think this one deserves time to see if it sorts out. Maybe someone didn't pay a bill or they are just updating.

#261 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

it's a hand-built site, it looks like they're updating. i hope.

today is day 7 for me. i've increased dosing frequency to twice daily, with a total daily dose of 20mg., taken sublingually. i never feel anything during the initial dosing period but for the past couple of nights, my dreams have been quite vivid, and these past 2 mornings afterwards, i've had a distinct sense of feeling better rested, more 'present'. i think it may be asserting its effects. today's dosing will increase by another 25%.

#262 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:24 AM

The website http://tht.co/ does not seem to be working anymore. I have bought some 7,8-DHF a week ago. If they do not ship or reply to my emails regarding the order I will start a PayPal dispute.
  • like x 1

#263 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:25 AM

Give them some time, could be a lot of things. You should have 45 days from purchase to start a dispute. Don't screw it up for the rest of us by jumping the gun. Pretty sure you'll get your money back from Paypal if it does come to it.

The website http://tht.co/ does not seem to be working anymore. I have bought some 7,8-DHF a week ago. If they do not ship or reply to my emails regarding the order I will start a PayPal dispute.

#264 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:12 AM

Give them some time, could be a lot of things

My gut sense is that it was a scam carefully targeted to desperate and/or naive Longecity posters.

Edited by blood, 31 May 2014 - 06:25 AM.

#265 penisbreath

• Validating/Suspended
  • 530 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:14 AM

Generally, when a site is 'under maintenance' or being updated, most companies have the courtesy to leave a note on the front page ..

#266 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:58 AM

Look, I hope you are wrong. I just wonder who would spend all that money to create high quality packaging, take the effort to actually post out some product and then shut down suddenly when a lot of people can still file disputes. It just doesn't add up to me.

My thinking is either there is a problem with the web site designer or hosting company (maybe guy doing web wasn't paid or just went home half way through) or he has been arrested (not everything on that site was fully legal). Hopefully we will get an answer in the next few days.

#267 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:24 AM

Their COA looks almost identical to NewStar's Noopept.  Even the scan number is exactly the same.  It's fairly easy to change the text and move some of the curves slightly in Photoshop.

http://tht.co/images...roxyflavone.jpg

https://www.newstarn...MS-20140114.pdf

• like x 1

#268 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:26 AM

Already sent a mail and got this back:

Oh, I apologize for scaring everybody.  Truth is that it's not really 
much cause for concern; we are simply trying to implement an integrated 
checkout system, in order to prevent dropped orders and other 
unpleasantries.  Full functionality -- well beyond what the site used to 
offer -- should be restored shortly.

Their COA looks almost identical to NewStar's Noopept.  Even the scan number is exactly the same.  It's fairly easy to change the text and move some of the curves slightly in Photoshop.

http://tht.co/images...roxyflavone.jpg

https://www.newstarn...MS-20140114.pdf

But shouldn't it be almost identical if it's about the same purity?

• like x 2

#269 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

At least I received a reply to my enquiry despite the website is still under maintenance. It looks like they are still in business. Reassuring. Looking forward to try 7,8 dihydroxyflavone. Should I take it together with NSI-189 for synergy or it would not make sense?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#270 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:36 PM

Just saw their page now says this:

The ThT store is temporarily closed while we implement an improved checkout system. All outstanding orders will be fulfilled, and the store should re-open July 1st with a fully integrated shopping cart system, as well as a number of new products.

Please return around July 1st for exciting new products and a smoother, integrated checkout. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during the downtime. If you would like to check on the status of your order, please email info@tht.co

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: neurogenesis, antidepressant

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users