Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Unique Nutrition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
120 replies to this topic

#1 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:51 PM

Just sharing my experiance with Unique nutrition. I am in Australia and so far my dealings with unique nutrition have been super fast delivery and reliable service.

Edited by elrond, 20 June 2008 - 01:06 PM.

#2 soundmind

• 23 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 04:35 PM

Zoolander,

Let me ask you a question, I've tryed contacting Steve - I leave messages. I figure he's busy it is understandable.
I ordered from them. I actually sent a money order. Steve told me it takes about 5-6 days to get to Canada. I don't doubt that
I haven't recieved my order yet I don't know if it coming today. My question is this. They said they send it UPS. Do I have to be
home to sign for it? Or will it just get dropped off in my mailbox. Another question does anyone have any experience with Unique
sending to Canada. Im in Brampton, Ontario. Any guess on how long it would take to get here. What's the fastest way to reach Steve.
I've called left message. maybe email?. Thanks.

BLESSINGS
Soundmind

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 soundmind

• 23 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 06:47 PM

RECIEVED MY ORDER FROM UNIQUE - IT WAS IN MY MAILBOX FOR A WHILE - MY APOLOGIES.

LOOKS LIKE I FOUND A RELIABLE SUPPLIER.

THANKS UNIQUE

BLESSING
SOUNDMIND

#4 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 17 July 2005 - 12:25 AM

As i remember unique nutrition has been around for some time now, but only carried few products. Recently they stocked up with lots of interesting stuff. Good thing is they carry both powders and pills. They've been very helpfull to me and did some custom order for me.

#5 uniquenutrition

• 155 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 10:37 PM

asdf

#6 daimewaku

• 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2005 - 08:19 AM

Just got my supplements from UN. Uberfast delivery! I orderd 5 days ago and got my delivery in Memphis, Tennessee. LESS THAN A WEEK! [thumb]

#7 losty

• 75 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:13 AM

Have successfully imported to NZ via UN, items that i thought would at least be held up if not confiscated by customs and have never had duty incurred. Highly recommend!

#8 uniquenutrition

• 155 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:06 PM

asdf

#9 robbie7

• 30 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 11:40 PM

Thanks Guys we aim for the best service possible.

FYI Huperzine A 50 mcg 120 caps on supersale til end of Sept, Picamilon powder & caps coming in a few days, New Vinpocetine 1 gram & Phenibut powder in stock, and any always more every week..

Sincerely Steve Sliwa
President
Unique Nutrition

Yep thanks all at uniquenutrition.com - received my order within about 2 weeks - much faster than expected and best delivery time yet for these types of products.
Cheers
Robbie

#10 constantine

• 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:10 AM

Just one question, when do you guys plan on getting more piracetam in powder form. Every time I go to buy some, it's always out of stock. You guys have the best price, but are out of stock quite frequently. Is it a difficult thing to get?

#11 uniquenutrition

• 155 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:33 AM

asdf

#12 nclark

• 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:47 AM

Hi Steve,

I was wondering if you still offer the Premium Mind 120 product ?

#13 focus

• 51 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 03:29 AM

I had an interesting experience with UN yesterday regarding shipping charges, an additional $10 charge suddenly appeared on my CC, result of my choosing the wrong shipping charge during ordering. I had already spoken wiith UN customer service about this, and the additional charge shouldn't have happened. Several emails with Steve (he is very fast on customer service email, even on Saturday) and we came to an understanding and a good resolution. I will order from them again. I need to remember that you have to choose the correct shipping charge when ordering, UN's ecommerce system does not calculate and present you with options for shipping, it gives you the list of possible shipping charges and you need to choose the right one.

#14 hiredavidrnow

• 51 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 12:13 PM

you guys @ UN kick ass! I thought is was a little weird getting deprentyl from Bosnia, but... it is good stuff. Thanks!

#15 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 19 December 2005 - 11:50 PM

hiredavidrnow
I hope you got a card too ;)
Not everyone gets a card for simple reason, it doesn't fit in small envelops. Card is mailed mostly if your order more than 2 boxes of hydergine or with any order that requires larger envelops (only for European products). It's a greeting card similar to UNICEF cards, but the income goes to children village.

• Lurker

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:33 AM

Just sharing my experiance with Unique nutrition. I am in Australia and so far my dealings with unique nutrition have been super fast delivery and reliable service.

What have you been able to bring in (without customs seizing it)?

#17 ergosum

• 37 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:23 PM

What have you been able to bring in (without customs seizing it)?

Hi Prometheus,

Not trying to steal Zoolander's thunder before he replies, but I'm also in Australia (Sydney) and have purchased from Unique Nutrition. Before importing, I emailed the TGA to confirm my understanding of what substances could be legally imported for "personal use" (their definition is 3 months supply calculated as 90 X maximum daily dosage). I have a reply from the TGA's experimental drugs division confirming that it is fine within those parameters to import alpha GPC, huperzine A, phenibut, picamilon, piracetam, pyritinol, rhodiola rosea, theanine, vincamine and vinpocetine. I was also informed that centrophenoxine, galantamine and modafinil are schedule 4 drugs and thus require a copy of a prescription from an Australian doctor enclosed in the package or customs might seize them.

I have received three packages so far from Unique Nutrition (orders and give away) which have included alpha GPC, huperzine A, phenibut, piractem, pytirinol, theanine, vincamine and vinpocetine. Interestingly on each occasion the package has arrived with re-sealed taping labelled as having been opened for inspection by customs. This hasn't caused any problems or delays.

• Lurker

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:00 PM

Thanks ergosum, that is very gracious of the TGA :) . I always wanted to try some piracetam. What quantity of piracetam, then, can one order acording to the guidelines you stated?

Also, I'm aware of this type of chemical being sold by the metric tonne from Chinese factories for a few hundred dollars but what about purity? Have you investigated the manufacturer and manufacturing process? Obviously a less regulated supplier does not have to meet high levels of quality control stringency.

Have you purchased directly from an Australian supplier as yet?

#19 ergosum

• 37 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:20 PM

Thanks ergosum, that is very gracious of the TGA :) . I always wanted to try some piracetam. What quantity of piracetam, then, can one order acording to the guidelines you stated?

Well, seeing as there aren't any official daily recommendations for noot's, it's a moot point isn't it? I think they'll probably go by the labelling on the product, unless they suspect it's an intentional fabrication (way out of whack with prevailing attitudes). But that's an assumption on my part.

I ordered 800mg piracetam capsules from Unique Nutrition and the maximum recommended daily dosage on the bottle is extremely high. I don't think this is simply a Unique ploy to encourage higher quantity purchases, because the recommendations for the other substances are pretty much in line with what you'll find discussed on the intenet -- but for these piracetam caps they recommend 3 caps, 3-4 times a day... ie. max dosage of 9.6g daily. Now, while I have read of that dosage having being found to be safe, you'd be hard pressed to find evidence of anyone taking much more than 4.8g (and certainly no more than 6g) on a chronic daily basis. However, it should be theoretically OK to import 864g (90 X 9.6g), and I'm not sure what justification customs could use to obstruct any delivery up to that amount. Perhaps it would be safer to order no more than 400-500g in any one batch but I'm pretty confident it would come down to whether they suspect the import is for bona fide personal useage or not, which is the real intention of the regulation.

Also, I'm aware of this type of chemical being sold by the metric tonne from Chinese factories for a few hundred dollars but what about purity? Have you investigated the manufacturer and manufacturing process? Obviously a less regulated supplier does not have to meet high levels of quality control stringency.

I'm concerned about that too. To be honest I thought I could rely on LifeMirage's recommendation as I thought his leadership status attested to his trustworthiness. From my point of view, I'm much more concerned about this angle of the LM situation than the viral marketing side of things. But I do get a feeling that if Steve Sliwa's promotional tactics have been dubious, he is generally interested in customer satisfaction. Unique's service has been first rate in my experience, and Steve would be aware that if any evidence comes to the fore of impurities in their products then that will prove to be more damaging to his business than the LifeMirage controversy. Having said that, I also wouldn't mind knowing if there has been any independent testing.

Btw, I haven't actually tried the piracetam yet. I wanted to assess the various noot's one at a time to my best subjective ability. There are an awful lot of variances in anecdotal reports about the racetams, and even the positive ones suggest that the affects are subtle and arise over a period of time. So I've put the piractem in storage for the moment. What I have had success with thus far is 100-200mg of Huperzine A plus 20-30mg of vinpocetine. I wouldn't say they have produced any affect on higher intellectual functioning, but they do seem to promote a kind of rigorous concentration when it comes to absorbing and memorising factual information. They seem to be slightly stimulatory as well, and synergise as such with coffee -- one cup feeling more like three when I've taken the Hup A and vinpocetine. I'm fairly good at self-assessing my cognitive functioning and I don't believe it's all a placebo affect, but without any objective assessment it's obviously impossible to be sure of that.

Have you purchased directly from an Australian supplier as yet?

Are you aware of any that sell anything beyond ginkgo and bacopa? What I think you'll find is that most of the "nootropics" fall into a grey area of not being approved as "herbal supplements" and not being scheduled drugs... meaning they are regulated by the "personal use" rule discussed above, and therefore won't be available legally from an Aussie supplier.

Edited by prometheus, 22 March 2006 - 10:52 PM.

#20 ergosum

• 37 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:29 PM

Just to clarify something... my understanding is that the "3 month supply" rule applies discretely to each product in any single delivery. On top of that you're not supposed to import more than "15 months supply" in total in any 12 month period.

#21 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:44 PM

Piracetam has been used and studied for decades. There is or was a list of studies done in the noot supplier forum. It's totally non toxic. As for it being made by the ton, that doesn't worry me. The chinese might be shady but so might the americans or canadians. I've heard of people doing analyses on chinese shipments and I'm not aware of any bogus product being detected. Many USA suppliers buy the same stuff and repackage it. I assume they do testing on their own. Piracetam is great stuff.

• Lurker

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:16 PM

I've heard of people doing analyses on chinese shipments and I'm not aware of any bogus product being detected. Many USA suppliers buy the same stuff and repackage it. I assume they do testing on their own. Piracetam is great stuff.

We can all rest easy, then. You've "heard" that people are doing analyses and it's "great stuff".

You must be the ideal shiny, happy customer (or part of the marketing strategy).

As for it being made by the ton, that doesn't worry me.

No, of course not. Why should it worry you that one can invest in a tonne of piracetam for $500.00 and sell it for $30 per kilo with a gross profit of $29,500! Yet even with such astronomical profit margins there is no evidence of HPLC validation. For every 33 shiny, happy customers like you there's $100K profit per year. Of course one would want to have a LifeMirage floating around the Internet saying great things about piracetam.

I can just imagine some nootropic dealers out there in their yaughts, surrounded by scantily clad women partaking of entirely different "nootropics" and being thankful for the hundreds of shiny happy customers..

#23 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:42 AM

REM fan?

#24 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:49 PM

Prometheus, you've pointed out that there is a lot of profit in piracetam. Does that indicate that it's no good for you? Far from being easily convinced, I read the research and I see that piracetam has been around since about the 60's and has been the subject of many tests, trials and research projects. How did LM pop up in this discussion let alone some sort of conspiracy? Your hatred towards LM seems to have spilled over to benign compounds that he talked about. Anyone who speaks favorably of piracetam now is likely to receive the sharp edge of your tongue

"You must be the ideal shiny, happy customer (or part of the marketing strategy)."

LM was in favor of vitamins too. Are vitamins now on your bad list? You seem to be against any sort of nootropic. How long before this forum is shut down?

#25 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:57 PM

Your hatred towards LM

When dealing with a fraud who potentially put people's lives in jeopardy by impersonating a doctor (M.D., WTFE) and whose sole motives appeared to be a mix of egotism and profit, I'd take Prometheus's Posted ImagehatredPosted Image over your apathy and disregard for truth, any day of the week.

#26 uniquenutrition

• 155 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:08 PM

Unique's service has been first rate in my experience, and Steve would be aware that if any evidence comes to the fore of impurities in their products then that will prove to be more damaging to his business than the LifeMirage controversy. Having said that, I also wouldn't mind knowing if there has been any independent testing.

We have extensive independent heavy metal testing done on our products, feel free to e-mail us for results.

We are also a proud member of the BBB.

Sincerely Steve Sliwa
President
Unique Nutrition
www.uniquenutrition.net
1-877-278-4942

• Lurker

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:34 PM

Your hatred towards LM seems to have spilled over to benign compounds that he talked about. Anyone who speaks favorably of piracetam now is likely to receive the sharp edge of your tongue

Xanadu.. used to convey an impression of a place as almost unattainably luxurious or beautiful
Mirage.. something that appears real or possible but is not in fact so

Xanadu, uncanny isn't it, the similarity of symbolism in the choice of username as well as well as ideology..

Let me correct you. I do not hate LM. I am obligated to expose his misrepresentations to our community as well as weigh unqualified statements made on the efficacy of drugs against clinical information. Would you rather I sat by and let members read his posts and walk away with a false impression?

We have extensive independent heavy metal testing done on our products, feel free to e-mail us for results.

The proper way to do it: make a PDF of the results of analysis available on your website. It should include: the date, what was analysed, the results of the analysis, who the analysis was conducted for - all on the letterhead of the company that performed the analysis with their contact details available for independant confirmation. This analysis should be made for each wholsesale shipment that is delivered to UI.

#28 Trias

• 270 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:42 PM

Prometheus, you've pointed out that there is a lot of profit in piracetam. Does that indicate that it's no good for you? Far from being easily convinced, I read the research and I see that piracetam has been around since about the 60's and has been the subject of many tests, trials and research projects. How did LM pop up in this discussion let alone some sort of conspiracy? Your hatred towards LM seems to have spilled over to benign compounds that he talked about. Anyone who speaks favorably of piracetam now is likely to receive the sharp edge of your tongue

"You must be the ideal shiny, happy customer (or part of the marketing strategy)."

LM was in favor of vitamins too. Are vitamins now on your bad list? You seem to be against any sort of nootropic. How long before this forum is shut down?

I personally (and quite stupidly I must admit) have chosen to try piracetam + alpha-GPC for 6 months; a side from undesired side effects, I gained absolutely nothing.

The researches and trials you speak of were conducted on ILL INDIVIDUALS and RATS ALONE.

#29 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:10 AM

inarchunite
piracetam is used in hospitals in many countries including US. it's proven to be safe and effective (for some conditions, won't go into discussion for which).
you can read positive feedback on it by many consumers all over internet

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

• Lurker

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:14 AM

piracetam is used in hospitals in many countries including US.

Astonishing. Da_sense, could you explain in what capacity piracetam is used in US hospitals when it has no FDA approval?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users