• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Advice for Anhedonia,Depersonalization, and Cognitive Impairment?

depersonalization dpdr anhedonia brain fog

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#31 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

I've read stories of people who took a benzo for about 6 months and were 'never the same' for several years afterward. This shit scares me to and it's why I always refused to fill any benzo prescription I was given.

I bet if you take this benzo concern to your doc he/she will disregard it. Permanent and semi-permanent damage from benzos (and antipsychotics) is a matter of huge debate in the medical communities. I think pharma companies are wielding some influence over our doctors and research into the matter.

I definitely agree with you.  I would never take any benzos again.  There are so many other, safer alternatives that they(docs) never inform the patient about, for whatever reasons.  It is sad how benzos and SSRIs are handed out like candy and even more sad that most of the people are so uninformed about the medication and its effects, I know I was very naive and ill informed, too trustworthy and scared to know any different than what the Doctors said. 

Would anyone know a protocol to overcome the effects from benzos, other than diet, exercise, and sleeping well? 

I am thinking a low dose stim, if I am lucky enough to convince my doctor about anything other than SSRIs, may help out or I have been thinking about asking him about Selegiline low dose.   I am just so desperate for change, I am not sure what to do.

#32 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:30 PM

I was just thinking the same thing.

Have you ever tried a regimen like this?

without food

B complex that has P5P and pantethine
lysine 1-2g
calcium/magnesium 1:1 ratio
creatine 1g
citrulline malate 1-2g (or with food if bothers stomach)
d-ribose 1-2g
d-phenylalanine
piracetam (low dose, no choline) maybe alternate with aniracetam

with food

D3 1000IU + K2
coQ10 100-200mg (maybe with tocotrienols)
multimineral w/o iron
sulbutiamine (starting with 25mg and increasing, one month then cycle off)
chia/hemp/flax

2 hours before bedtime - lithium microdose up to 5mg

(no regular caffeine)

This is actually a little similar to what I take, targeting celluar energy, blood flow and neuroprotection.
  • Ill informed x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#33 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

I was just thinking the same thing.

Have you ever tried a regimen like this?

without food

B complex that has P5P and pantethine
lysine 1-2g
calcium/magnesium 1:1 ratio
creatine 1g
citrulline malate 1-2g (or with food if bothers stomach)
d-ribose 1-2g
d-phenylalanine
piracetam (low dose, no choline) maybe alternate with aniracetam

with food

D3 1000IU + K2
coQ10 100-200mg (maybe with tocotrienols)
multimineral w/o iron
sulbutiamine (starting with 25mg and increasing, one month then cycle off)
chia/hemp/flax

2 hours before bedtime - lithium microdose up to 5mg

(no regular caffeine)

This is actually a little similar to what I take, targeting celluar energy, blood flow and neuroprotection.

Ive been taking or have tried, most of those on your list for the past 6+ months.  d-phenylalanine, lysine, lithium, and sulbutiamine are substances I have yet to try.  I will definitely look into them, thank you very much. 

As for prescription medications, would there be any I should avoid or look into further, when I sit down on Monday with my Doctor?  I know I wont be interested in benzos haha

#34 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

I don't think many of them will be particularly spectacular by themselves. They need to work together like food, water and sleep, especially since most of them are basic nutrients.

At your doc visit all I can say is don't walk out of there with an antipsychotic script.
  • like x 1

#35 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

I don't think many of them will be particularly spectacular by themselves. They need to work together like food, water and sleep, especially since most of them are basic nutrients.

At your doc visit all I can say is don't walk out of there with an antipsychotic script.

So true Duchykins, So true!  Thank you for your insight, it is so comforting to have someone other than myself to talk with about these matters haha,  Working together is how Ive made such progress over the years. If you or anyone else is interested, Ill update this thread after my docs visit and post what he says and what medications (if any) I am going to try out.  He has been decent enough last visit to let me try Low dose naltrexone, which I have been using the last 2 months with great results.  Anyways, yet again, thanks and take care :)

• like x 1

#36 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:48 AM

Wish you luck :)
  • like x 1

#37 Boopy!

• 201 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:00 AM

really?   God everyone around me is on ativan but some more than others.   I've taken it and gone off of it and I truly haven't found it too hard to do,  except one time,   but then I also never got any help from it.   I was atttacked by a guy with a knife pretty badly and had the most awful PTSD for many years.   The 1 mg ativan the doc prescribed NEVER EVER worked,   not even one time.   It was ridiculous.  It perhaps helped me sleep once or twice.   What did work?   A shot of vodka,   as soon as I could get home.   And time.   I did notice that if I took the ativan every day I would have a rebound panic attack -- I'll never forget that.   I was never even told not to take it every day nor that it could have awful consequences,   but oh well.   I know so many people who are constantly popping this --  in fact my bf was always begging me to give him some of mine -- no prob since it's useless.  But I really do think the human body has remarkable ability to recover at younger ages,   and I find it hard to believe that someone could never be the same again.  Of course you prob know that in older patients it can dull the mind,   cause permanent problems  (talked to a seventy year old just the other day who told me all about it.   She had some awful consequences,   and it made me really sad for her.)   I think by now they know about the permanent damage in older patients,   just like they know now about anesthesia and senility in older patients.  

It does sound smart to err on the side of caution and do all possible research.   I never used to and it turns out my shrink -- who means well -- and past shrinks won't of course care about how you react to something as much as YOU will.  PLUS you add to that the fact that it's all just a work in progress,   these studies of the human mind and body.   I just always trusted doctor knew best.   But sometimes,   just sometimes,  the PATIENT is the one who knows best.  They just hate when I bring up something I read or alternative treatments,   so I tend to be very careful about how I suggest something.     I mean it's funny how many doctors will complain about patients citing studies they've read (although they themselves will then turn around and cite the SAME study,   ironically enough.)   Mine even cited BACK to me the same study I informed him about,  forgetting that I was the one who said it to him!   Kind of funny though.  I think this prob.  happens in all professions to some extent.

• Agree x 1

#38 Sciencyst

• 272 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:33 AM

It should be noted lithium will permanently exacerbate anhedonia.

#39 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:52 AM

People shouldn't take issues with that if its one of the only working options, recommending against them from the start isolates ppl away from what works and puts them on a long tern path of never finding a solution.

But are they *really* working?

Offcourse the directly rewarding drugs work, often the only things that work as anhedonia is a lack of reward and if it isnt caused by depression how else then taking something rewarding would you treat it? amisulpiride is one thing but thats rewarding because of the GHB receptor.

I see alot of suggestions i beleive are useless, but PLEASE redirect me to succes storys of ppl that suffer from anhedonia only and not anhedonia caused by depression or another disorder as i AM OPEN to every possible treatment.

Ive heared about some succes with bupropion, nortriptyline, abilify and olanzapine but it was inclear wheter this was with regards to anhedonia caused by depression or not.

Mine is caused by shizo and i have a bit of faith in long term sigma agonism togheter with pushing yourself in situation, DHEA would be better but dont have that atm, well see i used fluvoxamine togheter with stims but i see no reason to beleive they would inhibitor the eventual progression of sigma agonism with putting yourself out there.

For me being anhedonic i shout and start hitting the walls its so bad its unbearable even after long abstinence of drugs (ive been in prison)

• like x 1

#40 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:45 PM

No, amisulpride is a dopamine autoreceptor inhibitor, that is the reason for the anti-adehonic property.

but the selectivity dissapears at arround 100mg+ and turns in a antipsychotic.

The first time is amazing, but fades to some extend with the time.

Edited by Flex, 11 September 2014 - 04:45 PM.

#41 forexworld12

• 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:41 PM

People shouldn't take issues with that if its one of the only working options, recommending against them from the start isolates ppl away from what works and puts them on a long tern path of never finding a solution.

But are they *really* working?

Offcourse the directly rewarding drugs work, often the only things that work as anhedonia is a lack of reward and if it isnt caused by depression how else then taking something rewarding would you treat it? amisulpiride is one thing but thats rewarding because of the GHB receptor.

I see alot of suggestions i beleive are useless, but PLEASE redirect me to succes storys of ppl that suffer from anhedonia only and not anhedonia caused by depression or another disorder as i AM OPEN to every possible treatment.

Ive heared about some succes with bupropion, nortriptyline, abilify and olanzapine but it was inclear wheter this was with regards to anhedonia caused by depression or not.

Mine is caused by shizo and i have a bit of faith in long term sigma agonism togheter with pushing yourself in situation, DHEA would be better but dont have that atm, well see i used fluvoxamine togheter with stims but i see no reason to beleive they would inhibitor the eventual progression of sigma agonism with putting yourself out there.

For me being anhedonic i shout and start hitting the walls its so bad its unbearable even after long abstinence of drugs (ive been in prison)

Ahnedonia that is not caused by depression ? but Schizo ?  aren't generally  anti-psychotic  prescribed for schizo ? that usually blocks excessive dopamine action ? that means there's lot of dopamine signaling going on and dopamine is the main chemical for alleviating ahnedonia because its the main neurotransmitter for  Emotions,love,lust,motivation and every kind of feel ? I usually thought low dopamine causes ahnedonia and not high ! confused 

My ahnedonia was caused my depression  Bupropion is shit... it absolutely did nothing ....just like a sugar pill 

what are the other directly rewarding drugs that work to kill pure ahnedonia ? 

#42 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:31 PM

Antipsychotics are crap and should never be used for shizophrenia, also they only work for the positive symptions, the standard effective treatment for negatives is amphetamine, adhd and avoidant personality disorder are like mini versions of shizo with only one negative symption.

Your anhedonia is caused by depression, however i also do recommened directly rewarding treatments as great treatment options for depression such as the memantine amphetamine cobination, theres plenty evidence for das implication in depression unlike sero.

In case addiction is a problem, low adjunct of naltrexone allevates this, amphetamine for depression should allways be given controlled.

#43 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:42 PM

Antipsychotics are crap and should never be used for shizophrenia, also they only work for the positive symptions, the standard effective treatment for negatives is amphetamine, adhd and avoidant personality disorder are like mini versions of shizo with only one negative symption.

Your anhedonia is caused by depression, however i also do recommened directly rewarding treatments as great treatment options for depression such as the memantine amphetamine cobination, theres plenty evidence for das implication in depression unlike sero.

In case addiction is a problem, low adjunct of naltrexone allevates this, amphetamine for depression should allways be given controlled.

I have an appointment with a psychiatrist, I have been waiting a year to see, coming up this week.  The only stimulant I believe I can get here where I live, in Canada, is Ritalin.  I have a hunch that they will try to get me on a combo of SSRI and Ritalin, seeing as my family GP always wants me back on the SSRI I was on years ago.  Man how they love their SSRIs for solving everything.  Anyways, Do you think the Ritalin would suffice as a treatment to try?  I would like to try it at low doses and see if it helps at all.  Your input is much appreciated.  Thank you.

P>S> I am prescribed Low Dose Naltrexone already, I have been using it successfully for around 4 months now.

Edited by Michael Rian, 12 September 2014 - 04:44 PM.

#44 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:54 PM

I cant tolerate ritalin, its highly anxiogenic for me compared to dexamp, in canada you have adderall, dex, vyvanse, time released amp plenty options mate.

I highly suggest to try and go for vyvanse.

Why do you want a stim? if its for social or depressive issues you would need a nmda antagonist like memantine with it for tolerance.

#45 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

I cant tolerate ritalin, its highly anxiogenic for me compared to dexamp, in canada you have adderall, dex, vyvanse, time released amp plenty options mate.

I highly suggest to try and go for vyvanse.

Why do you want a stim? if its for social or depressive issues you would need a nmda antagonist like memantine with it for tolerance.

I want a stim just to see if it helps my issues.  My story/history is a long one, but I have been clean off of all substances, prescription and otherwise, for around 2.5 years now, I have made a lot of progress in my recovery and treating my issues with diet, exercise, and non medical activities. That being said, I still feel like a shell of my former self, blank mind, hard to retain info, loss of self, Very hard to hold thoughts, memory feels like shit, no enjoyment in life, dont feel sad or happy or much of anything, its like I am just going through the motions of life. I was on meds for 4 years, all they did was make me fat, dumb, and not care about anything.  Those meds were ssri and benzos.  I dont want to go back to those, but it seems my doctors will only suggest them when I state my problems.  I just do not know what to do, and I do not know what is wrong with me, I have wasted a lot of money on supplements and vitamins with little to no success.  I want to try different medical approaches but my doctors seem so incompetent.  I do not have money to order medications online, but in canada I can get cheap or free meds from my Doctors.  Sorry for the grammar and poor explanations, I just am desperate to try anything that might help.

#46 forexworld12

• 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

I have an appointment with a psychiatrist, I have been waiting a year to see, coming up this week.  The only stimulant I believe I can get here where I live, in Canada, is Ritalin.  I have a hunch that they will try to get me on a combo of SSRI and Ritalin, seeing as my family GP always wants me back on the SSRI I was on years ago.  Man how they love their SSRIs for solving everything.  Anyways, Do you think the Ritalin would suffice as a treatment to try?  I would like to try it at low doses and see if it helps at all.  Your input is much appreciated.  Thank you.

P>S> I am prescribed Low Dose Naltrexone already, I have been using it successfully for around 4 months now.

WOW, same shit here ..... Numb emotions .and whenever I go to a doctor he will prescribe me - ssri and wellbutrin which doesn't do shit ...heck he even gave me anti-psychotic for 4 months for no reason !!! I have been living in this depression ahnedonia state for the past 8 months ..... ssri makes me more numb..... wellbutrin does give 20-30% of my emotions back ... but its kinda negative emotions like sadness and crying like shit.... 

I heard hardcore weight lifting 6 days a week, diet and supplements that increase D receptors and their neurons does work (choline,uridine,inositol,Dhea etc etc) ......When I'm on no med I just feel like killing myself ..I guess its a serotonin overdose in my system that doctors fail to recognize ....I orders some stuff hopefully Supressing serotonin in the brain can help balance the dopamine which can alleivate ahnedonia!!

Mine was caused by taking a pill pf paxil and force mastubating 3 times in a row - a reaction happened wich put me in this state .. so being high on serotonin can also cause these problems as from the research on my thread ..

Edited by forexworld12, 12 September 2014 - 07:39 PM.

#47 forexworld12

• 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:39 PM

Things like  memantine amphetamine ? aren't these generally dangerous man for long term use ?? i'm just 20 but ican literally try anything to feel happiness motivation emotions and libido again... I don't care if I'll have to be on 5-6 drugs everyday for the rest of my life 

Edited by forexworld12, 12 September 2014 - 07:41 PM.

#48 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:45 PM

Which stuff ?

I actually believe that I have too much serotonine genetically but I´m not sure.

So I would be keen to know what did You ordered.

E.g. I for my self found out that fewerfew reduces the serotonine content in the body/synapse.

Btw I´ve told You in another thread that the body needs 2 Years to regenerate the synapses after antipsychotics.

This is my own experience. Perhaps medievil could have some advice

Edited by Flex, 12 September 2014 - 07:45 PM.

#49 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:59 PM

You could try mao-b inhibitors like rhodiola or avena sativa extract from the neuravena trade mark to rise dopamine.

But if this wont help then the synapses have´nt simply regrown.

From my personal and amateur toughts; I would rather avoid a nmda inhibitor at least a strong one or try it at least in combination with a adrenegic a2 agonist

because the inhibitory ( e.g. glutamate reducing) synapses arent possibly present (regorwn) and this could harm You.

Edit: i.e. Increase the possiblity of glutamate induced cell death. Which doesnt regrow but depending on the severity,

is getting compesated by the brain or not compensated.

Berberine could be a alternative which is in addition a partial a2 agonist( even better) but perhaps its not that strong like memantine.

On the other hand increasing the dose of berberine "should" lead to a stronger inhibition.

As said I´m no Doc, those are just my toughts and if I were You, I wouldnt risk this glutamate thing and rather wait untill it resolves on its own.

Just my 2 cents

Edited by Flex, 12 September 2014 - 08:28 PM.

#50 MichaelTheAnhedonic

• 179 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:03 AM

Hello guys. My name is Michael. Forgive me any mistakes I will make. So, I don't have enough motivation and interest to write long post, in short:

I'm destroyed by progressive negative symptoms(+tinnitus+blank mind, like I'm still sleeping but my body not) without any positive symptoms (maybe one if you count hearing music in head). I don't know name of my illness, schizophrenia simplex probably. Illness started when I was 15, now 18. I am here because maybe I can find something for me. Now I'm waitng for sarcosine. Cheers. 

Edited by MichaelTheAnhedonic, 13 September 2014 - 01:05 AM.

#51 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:52 AM

Hmm, try maybe as said neuravena or simply green oat extract, Acetyl-carnitine and/or Acetyl-cysteine too.

#52 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:09 AM

Hello guys. My name is Michael. Forgive me any mistakes I will make. So, I don't have enough motivation and interest to write long post, in short:

I'm destroyed by progressive negative symptoms(+tinnitus+blank mind, like I'm still sleeping but my body not) without any positive symptoms (maybe one if you count hearing music in head). I don't know name of my illness, schizophrenia simplex probably. Illness started when I was 15, now 18. I am here because maybe I can find something for me. Now I'm waitng for sarcosine. Cheers. 

Another Michael dealing with the same issues.  Welcome aboard my friend, I hope you get some answers from this thread.

• like x 1

#53 MichaelTheAnhedonic

• 179 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:18 AM

Oh, and I forgot. The drugs that helped me a little:

- amisulpride (100mg) - reduced anhedonia, reduced apathy and I was more social (brain still fogged, emotions still flattened but less)

- wellbutrin (300mg) - also reduced anhedonia, more emotions when watching something

- ethylphenidate - reduced anhedonia, little euphoria,  talkativeness, enthusiasm and physical stimulation - typical stimulant drug effects

- caffeine at the beginnig of illness

Venlafaxine, mirtazapine, lamotrigine, fluoxetine, tianeptine, NAC, huperzine A, noopept, piracetam did nothing. 

So yeah, basically it's looks like I have trouble with dopaminergic activity. Maybe because I'm losing nerve cells due unknown mechanism (this is probably the cause why it's progressive and also this can causing my tinnitus). Because of that I was thinking about Semax and increasing density of dopamine receptors. Also I ordered sarcosine which is used to reduce negative symptoms (via NMDA). Oh, and I have weird, tingling sensation sometimes on front of my head, I know that brain don't have pain receptors so it's under the skull, near brain. 

I'm losing my consciousness as time goes by (I just care less and less about outside world, even my actual condition). I will be hospitalized soon but I don't think they will help me (most of the doctors can't think outside the box and are ignorant, especially in Poland). This progressed to the point where I can call myself half-vegetable. No motivation to do anything, even shower (I used to be very energetic, pretty smart and full of ethiusasm). Just sitting all day refreshing the same websites everyday. It's like natural lobotomy. You can't feel anything. 

Edited by MichaelTheAnhedonic, 13 September 2014 - 05:46 AM.

#54 forexworld12

• 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:29 PM

Which stuff ?

I actually believe that I have too much serotonine genetically but I´m not sure.

So I would be keen to know what did You ordered.

E.g. I for my self found out that fewerfew reduces the serotonine content in the body/synapse.

Btw I´ve told You in another thread that the body needs 2 Years to regenerate the synapses after antipsychotics.

This is my own experience. Perhaps medievil could have some advice

hey flex yeh i remember everything you told me.. but the problem is not just anti-pscyhotic ... I told you i was on anti-psychotic triflluoperazine with ssri from october 2012 - march 2013.... And I went cold turkey ..... No problem at all just Sexual side effects remained ..

On december 2013 I took 1 pill paxil and after 6 hours I forced masturbated 3 times in a row..the 3rd time I ejacuated a reaction happened that totally put me in this state .. it has been 8 month since then .... I have been put on ssri wellbutrin and another anti-psychotic for 4 months after than from jan 2014 to may 2014 .... Nothing helped ..... infact ssri made it more worse..

I guess the problem is not related to anti-psyhotic use ........I guess I had persistent sexual side effect even when I tried paxil so there could be actually more serotonin in my system but I had no depression nor ahnedonia i was completely fine ..... when i tried paxil and masturbated it might have gone the wrong way ... if de-sentisization of serotonin happens in degree then i am sure i am over-floating on serotonin after paxil reaction.....

what possible relation could be between taking 1 pill of paxil after 8 months and mastubating 3 times in a row that caused me this ?? even if i took paxil after such a long time when ejacuating i guess dopamine is released ?  i don't know it seems like paxil did something to some receptor that now inhibits a great deal of dopamine release and serotonin is overfloating everywhere ...

I ordered shilajit and yohimbine both are serotonin antagonist .... as you can see in my thread some good information was written by area... 

#55 forexworld12

• 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:36 PM

You could try mao-b inhibitors like rhodiola or avena sativa extract from the neuravena trade mark to rise dopamine.

But if this wont help then the synapses have´nt simply regrown.

From my personal and amateur toughts; I would rather avoid a nmda inhibitor at least a strong one or try it at least in combination with a adrenegic a2 agonist

because the inhibitory ( e.g. glutamate reducing) synapses arent possibly present (regorwn) and this could harm You.

Edit: i.e. Increase the possiblity of glutamate induced cell death. Which doesnt regrow but depending on the severity,

is getting compesated by the brain or not compensated.

Berberine could be a alternative which is in addition a partial a2 agonist( even better) but perhaps its not that strong like memantine.

On the other hand increasing the dose of berberine "should" lead to a stronger inhibition.

As said I´m no Doc, those are just my toughts and if I were You, I wouldnt risk this glutamate thing and rather wait untill it resolves on its own.

Just my 2 cents

I just need to figure out what basically happened .i am sure paxil an ssri doesn't effect dopamine autoreceptors... so a damage there doesn't look possible   ... but mastubating in a row and ssri in my system most probably did something to the serotonin receptor ... 

i tried wellbutrin - that's a DRI... so rising dopamine didin't help ..I don't know if synapses were effected or not but how do you make them regrow sooner ?   

I was looking for a doctor to prescribe me trazodone .............i was looking to try ndma inhibtor - I read it re-modules dopamine ...

I have no idea what glutamate iss......... are u saying something that increases glutamate is harmfull to my system ? Thanks a lot 

#56 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:45 PM

You cant know if You are loosing nerve cells. There could be several other mechanisms which shut Your brain down.

I had some good experiences with NSI_189 in regards of motivation and natrium benzoate in regards of mood and cognition unfortunaetly with a crash which resulted in brain fog ( but only for me). So this could be also worth a try besides mao-b ihibitors.

Look also into cortisol & etc. when You are in the hospital ( they supposedly will do the test). Maybe they could be responsible.

#57 forexworld12

• 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:29 PM

Cortisol - doesn't  high level surpress serotonin - a good thing ? or maybe a low level ? .... what do you think is the role of cortisol in my case ? 

also last can you give me all test of things that need to be done in this case ? like every test than can be performed ? i wish there were something to measure neurotransmitter levels in the brain -.- 

looking into nsi_189

Edited by forexworld12, 13 September 2014 - 07:30 PM.

#58 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:16 PM

Nmda Ampa and Kainate are the receptors of Glutamate.

MGlu and glu receptors fall in the category of the above mentioned.

Too much glutamate is harmful i.e. destroys the Brain.

Search in google or even here on longecity for DXM, Ketamine or Angeldust "victims" ( those are all nmda inhibiotrs)

-> Monoamine receptors like dopamine d2 d3, Adrenaline a1,a2 and a few 5-ht ( Serotonine) receptors and ion channels e.g. Calcium channels

decrease Glutamate to various extends

-> Risperdal decreases/destroys some of those monoamine receptors

-> By blocking e.g. Nmda receptors, more Glutamate is avaiable, dosedependly, to such extend that it overactivates the Ampa and kainate receptors,

so that the Braincells die.

-> by using Nmda blockers and having a decreased number of one of those receptors ( caused by Risperdal or other Antipsychotics)

You have even more glutamate released and therefore cell death is increased or at least the possibility.

As said, this would not regrowth.

Some reproted that Wellbrutin has actually a dulling effect and others say that this isnt even comparable to Ritalin

http://www.socialanx...932-post15.html

DRI cant work in certain areas if Dopamine is not released by 5-ht2a receptor activation

(which act like autoreceptors in the mesocortical area) or there arent enough receptors

You could try besides Trazodone a low dose (50mg) of Amisulpride

which is a dopamine autoreceptor inhibitor but beyond 100mg, a dopamine receptor antagonist like Risperdal

5-Ht1a blockade could be helpful.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19435548

http://www.propeciah...opic.php?t=7009

Ask Area-1255 for 5-ht1a antagonists.

Afaik cyproheptadine does also block 5-ht1a ( or perhaps only the presynaptic ? Dunno)

Serotonin neurons from the dorsal raphe project to the substantia nigra, the ventral tegmentum, the dorsal and ventral striatum, and to the frontal cortex. These terminal areas contain 5-HT1B/1D,5-HT2A, and 5-HT3 receptors. Serotonin may induce local release of dendritic nigral DA (131). Serotonin stimulation of 5-HT2A receptors inhibits the activity of DA neurons in the substantia nigra. 5-HT2A antagonistss increase activity of DA neurons in the ventral tegmental area (VTA) and substantia nigra DA neurons, and thus increase DA release in terminal areas (24,53,87). VTA neurons respond to lower concentrations of 5-HT2 antagonistss (33).5-HT2A antagonistss may also increase DA release in the prefrontal cortex by a direct action at 5-HT2A receptors on DA nerve terminals (82,93,117). 5-HT2A. antagonistss may also prevent the effect of decreased prefrontal glutamatergic activity that inhibits burst firing of VTA DA neurons. This might be a mechanism by which 5-HT2A antagonistss decrease negative symptoms (36,117).

http://www.acnp.org/...0117/CH115.html

Edited by Flex, 13 September 2014 - 08:22 PM.

#59 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:27 PM

Nmda Ampa and Kainate are the receptors of Glutamate.

MGlu and glu receptors fall in the category of the above mentioned.

Too much glutamate is harmful i.e. destroys the Brain.

Search in google or even here on longecity for DXM, Ketamine or Angeldust "victims" ( those are all nmda inhibiotrs)

-> Monoamine receptors like dopamine d2 d3, Adrenaline a1,a2 and a few 5-ht ( Serotonine) receptors and ion channels e.g. Calcium channels

decrease Glutamate to various extends

-> Risperdal decreases/destroys some of those monoamine receptors

-> By blocking e.g. Nmda receptors, more Glutamate is avaiable, dosedependly, to such extend that it overactivates the Ampa and kainate receptors,

so that the Braincells die.

-> by using Nmda blockers and having a decreased number of one of those receptors ( caused by Risperdal or other Antipsychotics)

You have even more glutamate released and therefore cell death is increased or at least the possibility.

As said, this would not regrowth.

Some reproted that Wellbrutin has actually a dulling effect and others say that this isnt even comparable to Ritalin

http://www.socialanx...932-post15.html

DRI cant work in certain areas if Dopamine is not released by 5-ht2a receptor activation

(which act like autoreceptors in the mesocortical area) or there arent enough receptors

You could try besides Trazodone a low dose (50mg) of Amisulpride

which is a dopamine autoreceptor inhibitor but beyond 100mg, a dopamine receptor antagonist like Risperdal

5-Ht1a blockade could be helpful.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19435548

http://www.propeciah...opic.php?t=7009

Ask Area-1255 for 5-ht1a antagonists.

Afaik cyproheptadine does also block 5-ht1a ( or perhaps only the presynaptic ? Dunno)

Serotonin neurons from the dorsal raphe project to the substantia nigra, the ventral tegmentum, the dorsal and ventral striatum, and to the frontal cortex. These terminal areas contain 5-HT1B/1D,5-HT2A, and 5-HT3 receptors. Serotonin may induce local release of dendritic nigral DA (131). Serotonin stimulation of 5-HT2A receptors inhibits the activity of DA neurons in the substantia nigra. 5-HT2A antagonistss increase activity of DA neurons in the ventral tegmental area (VTA) and substantia nigra DA neurons, and thus increase DA release in terminal areas (24,53,87). VTA neurons respond to lower concentrations of 5-HT2 antagonistss (33).5-HT2A antagonistss may also increase DA release in the prefrontal cortex by a direct action at 5-HT2A receptors on DA nerve terminals (82,93,117). 5-HT2A. antagonistss may also prevent the effect of decreased prefrontal glutamatergic activity that inhibits burst firing of VTA DA neurons. This might be a mechanism by which 5-HT2A antagonistss decrease negative symptoms (36,117).

http://www.acnp.org/...0117/CH115.html

I apologize for my lack of understanding, but are you saying that a 5-HT2A antagonist would help out someone with negative symptoms?  Would you know if Escitalopram or Sertaline is a 5-HT2A antagonist, or could you suggest some medications to look into?  I am trying my best to start the learning process for understanding brain chemistry and all this new terminology.  Thank you for your insight, generosity, and patience. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#60 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:40 PM

5ht2a antagonist help negatives in a way by increasing prefrontal da, well it's 5ht2c antagonism that does that, 5ht2a antagonism increasing da is a stupid long term myth.

Agonists like low daily doses of psychedelics with I also take daily are Far more effective for negatives, namely anhedonia, cognition and the clumsiness, like the only clumsy guy in class like I was, they relate and often develop shizoprehnia.

Saying well butting, haha well butting this android autocorrect is anoying, I mean wellbutrin.

Got a broken tablet, costed 30 quid, connected it to a tv, popped a keyboard and mouse on it and it's actually working extremely fast.

I could pop it in a big computer case with a few bricks, add a extra harddrive, a flash usb disk for extra ram, and I can sell this shit for quite some money presenting it to ppl, shit works extremely fast, just needs a w8 theme, thing only costed 30 pounds, but if I replace the TV with a good monitor, pop on did righter, flash disk etc to the USB hub put it in a pimped computer case with some bricks and ppl would pay for this shit haha

not working means raising da doesn't work is like saying drinking camomile tea means gabaergics like Benzos won't help, the thing only binds to the da receptor for 20%. that doesn't cause any significant increase in da, it's like drinking a sip of kiddichampage and then concluding alcohol won't ever help.

Mem and amphetamine dangerous? from all my knowledge and evidence I can safely say that combining too many antioxidants is far more dangerous.

Edited by medievil, 13 September 2014 - 08:46 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depersonalization, dpdr, anhedonia, brain fog

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)