• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Advice for Anhedonia,Depersonalization, and Cognitive Impairment?

depersonalization dpdr anhedonia brain fog

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#61 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:41 PM

According to wiki those two dont block 5-ht2 receptors like trycylic antidepresants like Clomipramine

Everything which is a SSRI but not a strong enough blocker of 5-ht2a

is an activator of 5-ht2a

#62 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:49 PM

According to wiki those two dont block 5-ht2 receptors like trycylic antidepresants like Clomipramine

Everything which is a SSRI but not a strong enough blocker of 5-ht2a
is an activator of 5-ht2a

Activating 5ht2a without the intracellular secondary pathways like psychedelics is therapeutic pretty useless, altough lisuride can be interesting

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#63 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2014 - 09:47 PM

Agonists like low daily doses of psychedelics with I also take daily are Far more effective for negatives, namely anhedonia, cognition

So you take low daily doses of psychedelics?  I have read some articles on low dose psilocybin lately which were very interesting.  Can I ask which type of psychedelic you use low dose daily?

Thank you all for the help and trying to explain everything to me!  I am trying to learn on my own through google and the wikis but it is really great to have you guys helping me with explanations and answering questions in this thread.  You guys rock!

#64 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:39 PM

I take low daily doses of 5 meodalt, I removes my shizoprenia pussyness and turns me into someone that can't be messed with.

Schizophrenics are extremely clumsy at sports, other psychedelics like low daily doses of lsd cures this, bk2cb made me extremely interested in football and cars like most boys, I didn't have that at all, we can't really call this shizoprenia dysfunctions, but clumsy, being more pussyness and hating sports and cars are all attributes of ppl that relate to shizoprenia like the most clumsy weird guy every class at school has.

#65 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:51 AM

Agonists like low daily doses of psychedelics with I also take daily are Far more effective for negatives, namely anhedonia, cognition

So you take low daily doses of psychedelics?  I have read some articles on low dose psilocybin lately which were very interesting.  Can I ask which type of psychedelic you use low dose daily?

Thank you all for the help and trying to explain everything to me!  I am trying to learn on my own through google and the wikis but it is really great to have you guys helping me with explanations and answering questions in this thread.  You guys rock!

Youre welcome.

It gives me a feeling of reward when I´m able to prevent somebody from a disaster or help out,

although it doesnt happen often :laugh:

• like x 1

#66 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:59 AM

Helping people makes me happy too, that's basically what I dedicated my life too, I ALLWAYS had extreme empathy, in the past knowing there was a lot of suffering in the world made me cry lol.

Yeah I sound like a faggot, lol

#67 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:30 AM

Well, After a year of being on a waiting list, I finally get to see a Psychiatrist this coming Monday.  I am hoping I get some better answers from Him, than my family Doctor has given me over the years.  But knowing my luck and the state of the mental health practice where I live, I am betting I get suggested to try an SSRI again, try it for some weeks, and re-schedule more appointments after some months.... FUCK THAT.  Pardon my french.

So far I have been looking into BDNF and neaurogenesis,

Preventing Suicide by Increasing BDNF | Sam Snyder

As for a recap of this entire thread, Can you kind people tell me which few medications I should be asking about with my new Doctor?

I apologize, in my want of being prepared for this year-long wait for Monday, I have exhausted myself from internet searching, page after page of longecity, and googling. 

I think a low dose of SSRI + Stim may help?

Perhaps Buspar or Luvox?

I dont even know whats wrong with me and I have heard "depression and anxiety" enough to jump off a bridge,  I do not feel any anxiety, I do not feel sad or happy, What I do feel is a loss of self, like my awareness has been damaged and I am no longer experiencing life normally.  I would like to feel life again.

Thank you for letting me rant and express myself here.  I feel so lost but at the same time I am losing the urge to care. 

In your guys opinion, Which medications should I bring up with my Doctor?  How do I explain this?  I know I may sound like I have Depression, but I dont want to become even more numb and full of apathy from SSRIs.   And I sure as hell dont want to go back to my old lifestyle of using drugs and alcohol for relief.  I have been clean and sober for way too long and have made too much progress to fall back to those old vices.

Thanks again for all your help, I hope Monday goes well, I have waited so long for answers and help.

Have a good night

#68 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:01 AM

SSRI won't help apathy, but can help with stimulant side effects and dominance, luvox, is by far the strongest in causing apathy which stimulants at first didn't even counteract, even no matter what dose of them I'd sleep all day, it kicked my as bus after 2 weeks it's all good, luvox, is very good if you relate to shizoprenia in one way or another.

Generally if you want a SSRI start with Lexa pro but only if you can also hopefully get dexamphetamine, fake adhd symptoms if you don't have it to easily get it, as depending on the doctor the most likely won't give it first line for anhedonia, and try to get memantine for tolerance, print the depression ocd study of it out and ask it for that.

Good luck

#69 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:09 PM

I have currently the idea that cortisol, corticosterone, ACTH  or other glucocorticoide do alter emotions, but perhaps not depresonalisation.

It would be to late to try something in this direction before Your appointment tomorrow, but YOu could ask him to check these.

On the other hand, Your symptoms could be caused by a damage.

Btw: You could try acetylcysteine to reverse the lack of glautamate transporter caused by cocaine

Named: Gltx or someting like that.

Acetlycarnitine to reverse the lack of mGlu2, increase dopamine in the nucleus accumbens and a few other ( if its not reversed by it self)

See my cocaine thread:

http://www.longecity...eversal-thread/

You could at least ask him for the cause of Your syptoms a and telling him that the Opioid antagonist was for the reason xxx not helpful.

Medievil made a great suggestion to print out Your desired topics.

At least from my experience, the appointments allways turn a bit discouraging, because the Doc feels a bit overloaded with informations.

As said, this is just my experience here in Germany, maybe the Doc in Canada are different.

So because You will be supposedly nervous and forget some questoin and be perhaps a bit confused of this:

1) Write/Print down all Your questions and thoughts on a paper systematically

2) As said, dont overload him with questions and ideas. At least not at the beginning.

Firstly work out the importand things and then overload him ;)

-> If he is patient and very open than forget this point

3) Dont feel ambarrased and hide the paper, but hold it freely in front of him and, if he is a bit curious, tell the truth that You are a bit nervous and dont want to forget importand questions since the next appointment will take 1 further Year..

Admittely this sounds like a shittyadvice from reddit :laugh:

But I have only good intentions

Edited by Flex, 14 September 2014 - 04:11 PM.

• like x 1

#70 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:26 PM

Haha Thank you both very much, really great advice.  So far I have spent the last 3 days trying to research as much as I can, so today I guess I should try to relax and look forward to my appointment tomorrow.  I really hope it goes well.  Depending on how it goes, I will try and make some sort of update after.   I hope you guys had a good weekend, thanks for all your support and knowledge, I dont feel so alone with my problems now.  :)

#71 MichaelTheAnhedonic

• 179 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:47 PM

Good luck mate. But I have a question... what do you guys think - what possible can causing my trouble with reading? 

#72 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:52 PM

Good luck mate. But I have a question... what do you guys think - what possible can causing my trouble with reading? 

What kind of trouble?  Not being able to hold attention or not retaining any information or what?  I have similar problems, I really miss reading, I used to love books but now its like everytime I read something, I have to read it over and over and over to remember what I just read, either that or I cant concentrate or focus on what I am reading at all.  Sucks.

#73 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:59 PM

I got problems reading as well, I can't read a book I want to read and so far I haven't found a solution.

#74 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:36 PM

I got problems reading as well, I can't read a book I want to read and so far I haven't found a solution.

Same here.  Damn it all, I think this is a reason why I thought a Stimulant might help, ADHD medication and all... but then again I do not know much about that area, or if I even have any forms of ADHD.

Also, Ever since I downvoted some Moderator, I am unable to use the Upvote/Downvote buttons... Strange.

#75 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:09 PM

My problems are extremely complex, adhd is like a mini version of shizophrenia with only one negative symption but stimulants dont fix this problem for me.

Its so fucking frustrating as i want to read a few pick up artists books lol. Im naturally a smooth talker to but being an expert on alot of things as what i allways go for he.

Edited by medievil, 14 September 2014 - 09:10 PM.

#76 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:13 PM

Same here. Damn it all, I think this is a reason why I thought a Stimulant might help, ADHD medication and all... but then again I do not know much about that area, or if I even have any forms of ADHD.

Also, Ever since I downvoted some Moderator, I am unable to use the Upvote/Downvote buttons... Strange.
Hahaha what a sensitive idiot that mod, something tells me i shouldnt post this lol.
  • like x 1

#77 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:33 PM

Nevermind, It seems to be working now, Probably some error with my browser or something.  I hate that I jump to the worst conclusions all the time.  I am just so used to getting the shit end of the stick, so to say.  Lol

#78 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:51 PM

lol

#79 Boopy!

• 201 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:16 PM

problems with reading/finishing/retaining info are possibly ADD problems (MANY people who have problems finishing even a simple paragraph or remembering any of it are diagnosed with exactly that,   attention deficit disorder)  but problems with concentration can also be caused by depression,  anxiety,  and many other things.   Since I am someone who as a young child could speed read and retained just about everything to the word that I read,   with a nearly photographic memory,  and I could lose myself for hours in books,   I knew something was up when I lost my joy and love for reading,   perhaps gradually,   and to this day it has not been the same as it was from the age of three.   I used books as my escape from the cruel world and now...I go on line!   To this site and others like it!   Computers have definitely changed our world and I believe it is not for the better but then I am a bit of a Luddite.   I long for a simpler world,   at least in the realm of technology.

Btw it's spelled schizophrenia,   and how can it be that one can only get a once a year appointment with a doctor?   This cannot be.   Especially because when a doctor prescribes anything,  and ESPECIALLY some form of stimulant,  trust me,  there is no way they wouldn't want to see you sooner than you would ever imagine -- like in a few weeks.     In my experience doctors balk at prescribing any form of stimulants,  or at least the annoyingly conservative ones do,  and I don't know that you even should have to ASK for medications.   Decide what you want to achieve or fix in your life,  and if he's any good,   it's HIS job to decide how to achieve that goal,  and you don't need to research which medicines would get you there as that's what he supposedly went to school for.    A lot of going into a shrink's office demands your trust or faith,  much like a religious person needs faith or trust in his/her religion when entering a place of worship. 

#80 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:15 AM

problems with reading/finishing/retaining info are possibly ADD problems (MANY people who have problems finishing even a simple paragraph or remembering any of it are diagnosed with exactly that,   attention deficit disorder)  but problems with concentration can also be caused by depression,  anxiety,  and many other things.   Since I am someone who as a young child could speed read and retained just about everything to the word that I read,   with a nearly photographic memory,  and I could lose myself for hours in books,   I knew something was up when I lost my joy and love for reading,   perhaps gradually,   and to this day it has not been the same as it was from the age of three.   I used books as my escape from the cruel world and now...I go on line!   To this site and others like it!   Computers have definitely changed our world and I believe it is not for the better but then I am a bit of a Luddite.   I long for a simpler world,   at least in the realm of technology.

Btw it's spelled schizophrenia,   and how can it be that one can only get a once a year appointment with a doctor?   This cannot be.   Especially because when a doctor prescribes anything,  and ESPECIALLY some form of stimulant,  trust me,  there is no way they wouldn't want to see you sooner than you would ever imagine -- like in a few weeks.     In my experience doctors balk at prescribing any form of stimulants,  or at least the annoyingly conservative ones do,  and I don't know that you even should have to ASK for medications.   Decide what you want to achieve or fix in your life,  and if he's any good,   it's HIS job to decide how to achieve that goal,  and you don't need to research which medicines would get you there as that's what he supposedly went to school for.    A lot of going into a shrink's office demands your trust or faith,  much like a religious person needs faith or trust in his/her religion when entering a place of worship. 

Thank you for the reply. 

I see my regular family Doctor every 1-2 months.  I have been on a waiting list to see a Psychiatrist, which has taken about a years time.  I have had "Faith" when I was younger, but through my life experiences, I would rather be logical, informed, and knowledgeable instead of trust and faith.  I have been through 4.5 years of SSRIs and Benzos, without knowing anything about them, and just TRUSTING my doctor to know what he was doing for me, to HELP me.  After those 4.5 years, I finally got off those terrible drugs and my life became a lot better with diet and exercise.  Now, I no longer have the problems I had when I first started the SSRI/Benzo combo.. which were panic attacks and anxiety.  Now, I no longer feel alive, I have no fear, no anxiety, no panic, NOT MUCH OF ANY EMOTION or reaction to anything in life.  Even caffeine helps me now, as before it would cause the anxiety.  I feel like the SSRI/Benzo dulled my brain over those years, Desensitized to anything.  They are great drugs to kill off anxiety and panic... but these days I would prefer to feel anxiety and panic to nothing at all. 

Sorry for the rant, I believe your intentions are good, to add to the discussion and help out, but Trusting a Doctor I have never met, Blindly, with my mental health, is the last thing I would like to do.  I would, instead, like to be informed, knowledgeable, and be capable of making logical decisions this time around.  I would like to come to an agreement with my new Doctor, other than blindly accepting what he wants me to put into my system.  Thank you for letting me express myself.

EDIT*  I apologize very much if this came off as rude or aggressive, I did not mean it to be directed at anyone, I am just tired and frustrated.  Sorry

Edited by Michael Rian, 15 September 2014 - 12:43 AM.

#81 MichaelTheAnhedonic

• 179 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:34 AM

Well, it's hard to explain. I used to read very fast, SMOOTH and it was pleasure for me. And now? Goddammit, no pleasure, no focus, slow reading and it's hard to imagine words in head if you know what I mean. Just like word can't be processed properly by the brain. Let's wait for sarcosine and NAC effects. Scumbag brain, it\s supposed to heal himself... 

Oh, and I think last thing to try will be ECT. What I have to lose? 

#82 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:30 AM

Same here. Damn it all, I think this is a reason why I thought a Stimulant might help, ADHD medication and all... but then again I do not know much about that area, or if I even have any forms of ADHD.

I think fluvoxamine is solving this problem, been on it 2 weeks now... please try it and report back.

#83 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:03 PM

Well, it's hard to explain. I used to read very fast, SMOOTH and it was pleasure for me. And now? Goddammit, no pleasure, no focus, slow reading and it's hard to imagine words in head if you know what I mean. Just like word can't be processed properly by the brain. Let's wait for sarcosine and NAC effects. Scumbag brain, it\s supposed to heal himself... 

This is somehow familliar to me, but my memory is too fucked up to remeber in which cases this happens to me -.-

Anyway, I will write it down if I remeber it again.

Why dont You try 200mg Sodium Benzoate ? Its some how similair to Sarcosine, but not identical.

#84 Boopy!

• 201 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:50 PM

Hey Michael -- not sure if I need to repaste all that original stuff and I hope you understand what I refer to in this reply.   I just wanted to say,  no, not taken rudely at all to me!   I totally agree.   You see -- I too have been through the exact same crap with doctors and loss of faith and trust,  etc.,  and I have been taking ADs for far longer and with far fewer results!   I had PTSD and I would venture to say the AD had nothing to do with my recovery - rather I would have been fine without them!  I was given SSRIs and benzos and never did a benzo help me with a SINGLE F'in  PANIC ATTACK.   I drank for panic until a year or so ago and it DID help,  but I simply am not willing to compromise my health anymore.   I see a lot of people doing benzos with very negative outcomes too.    I have a love/hate relationship with doctors,  esp.  when it comes to the mind because THEY ARE FULL OF IT for the most part and I get very angry at times with the attitude.   So I am totally with you on this one,  and I feel for you as I am in a very similar situation.   In fact that is part of why I was drawn to this site -- intelligent people,  some even in the medical industry  (I had to drop out of nursing school recently due to severe depression rearing its ugly head) who have grown frustrated with the simplistic and Big Pharma-driven medical field.   Doctors don't seem to like their patients to be well-informed (or at least my idiot shrink doesn't)  because they want to treat us without our questioning every move....well I say more knowledge is NEVER a bad thing.      I said that part about trust and faith in docs because I myself am dealing with the inability to truly trust a doctor  to treat me as he would treat his own child -- we are talking about the MIND after all --  and I think I should clarify that you should NOT trust blindly,  especially with the mind.   It's like a balance routine,  knowing that doctors make tons of mistakes -- YES that's what they are,  mistakes to our detriment --  so make an educated,  cautious decision along with their allegedly superior decisions  -- which does require a modicum of trust.   So they are making an educated guess, and we are always half trusting them,  but half allowing them to make those decisions for treatments on our behalf.   It's a tightrope and guess who gets hurt when something goes awry?   I will NEVER be stopped from trying to learn more about the mind and my shrink saying to leave it all to his allegedly superior profession ain't gonna fly.   I think if he would just admit that what he has done all along has not exactly done a thing to help at ALL,  if he would just admit that he has messed up on occasion,  I would feel a bit better but at the time I had to make an educated decision to place a LOT of trust in him (but trust me I was second guessing him all the while,  haha.)

• like x 1

#85 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:06 PM

Hey Michael -- not sure if I need to repaste all that original stuff and I hope you understand what I refer to in this reply.   I just wanted to say,  no, not taken rudely at all to me!   I totally agree.   You see -- I too have been through the exact same crap with doctors and loss of faith and trust,  etc.,  and I have been taking ADs for far longer and with far fewer results!   I had PTSD and I would venture to say the AD had nothing to do with my recovery - rather I would have been fine without them!  I was given SSRIs and benzos and never did a benzo help me with a SINGLE F'in  PANIC ATTACK.   I drank for panic until a year or so ago and it DID help,  but I simply am not willing to compromise my health anymore.   I see a lot of people doing benzos with very negative outcomes too.    I have a love/hate relationship with doctors,  esp.  when it comes to the mind because THEY ARE FULL OF IT for the most part and I get very angry at times with the attitude.   So I am totally with you on this one,  and I feel for you as I am in a very similar situation.   In fact that is part of why I was drawn to this site -- intelligent people,  some even in the medical industry  (I had to drop out of nursing school recently due to severe depression rearing its ugly head) who have grown frustrated with the simplistic and Big Pharma-driven medical field.   Doctors don't seem to like their patients to be well-informed (or at least my idiot shrink doesn't)  because they want to treat us without our questioning every move....well I say more knowledge is NEVER a bad thing.      I said that part about trust and faith in docs because I myself am dealing with the inability to truly trust a doctor  to treat me as he would treat his own child -- we are talking about the MIND after all --  and I think I should clarify that you should NOT trust blindly,  especially with the mind.   It's like a balance routine,  knowing that doctors make tons of mistakes -- YES that's what they are,  mistakes to our detriment --  so make an educated,  cautious decision along with their allegedly superior decisions  -- which does require a modicum of trust.   So they are making an educated guess, and we are always half trusting them,  but half allowing them to make those decisions for treatments on our behalf.   It's a tightrope and guess who gets hurt when something goes awry?   I will NEVER be stopped from trying to learn more about the mind and my shrink saying to leave it all to his allegedly superior profession ain't gonna fly.   I think if he would just admit that what he has done all along has not exactly done a thing to help at ALL,  if he would just admit that he has messed up on occasion,  I would feel a bit better but at the time I had to make an educated decision to place a LOT of trust in him (but trust me I was second guessing him all the while,  haha.)

Yes, it does seem that we share a lot of similarities in our paths.  Haha I couldnt agree more with you.

Well, I am going in today for my appointment, I am hopeful it will go well and I will get some sort of answers or at least some options.

Thanks again everyone for all the help and insight.

Medivial, I will ask about fluvoxamine and see where the conversation takes me, Who knows what I will be prescribed, if anything, in our first visit.

I hope you all have a good day, I will update later on.  Cheers :)

#86 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:10 PM

This is somehow familliar to me, but my memory is too fucked up to remeber in which cases this happens to me -.-

Anyway, I will write it down if I remeber it again.

Why dont You try 200mg Sodium Benzoate ? Its some how similair to Sarcosine, but not identical.

I have been using Sarcosine from Smartpowders.com for about 2 months now, I havent noticed any effects from 2.5 grams a day.   I dont know what to take away from this trial.  Maybe I should play with the dosage, or maybe Sarcosine doesnt work for me.

#87 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:10 PM

Yes but Benzoate is still different, because it increases the firing of the VTA and therefore activates the PFC.

See: http://www.longecity...-pfc-activator/

Also a suggestion to MichaelTheAnhedonic

But rather try small doses arround 200mg.

As You can see, it caused Brainfog to me (perhaps due Mitrazepine) but not to Metagene.

Btw: I dont know whether its safe to take it with other Glutamergics e.g. Sarcosine,

since it has a partial agonist action on Nmda receptorsbecause of the degradation-ihibition of D-Serine

Edited by Flex, 15 September 2014 - 06:21 PM.

#88 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:15 PM

Thank you for the reply. 

I see my regular family Doctor every 1-2 months.  I have been on a waiting list to see a Psychiatrist, which has taken about a years time.  I have had "Faith" when I was younger, but through my life experiences, I would rather be logical, informed, and knowledgeable instead of trust and faith.  I have been through 4.5 years of SSRIs and Benzos, without knowing anything about them, and just TRUSTING my doctor to know what he was doing for me, to HELP me.  After those 4.5 years, I finally got off those terrible drugs and my life became a lot better with diet and exercise.  Now, I no longer have the problems I had when I first started the SSRI/Benzo combo.. which were panic attacks and anxiety.  Now, I no longer feel alive, I have no fear, no anxiety, no panic, NOT MUCH OF ANY EMOTION or reaction to anything in life.  Even caffeine helps me now, as before it would cause the anxiety.  I feel like the SSRI/Benzo dulled my brain over those years, Desensitized to anything.  They are great drugs to kill off anxiety and panic... but these days I would prefer to feel anxiety and panic to nothing at all. 

Sorry for the rant, I believe your intentions are good, to add to the discussion and help out, but Trusting a Doctor I have never met, Blindly, with my mental health, is the last thing I would like to do.  I would, instead, like to be informed, knowledgeable, and be capable of making logical decisions this time around.  I would like to come to an agreement with my new Doctor, other than blindly accepting what he wants me to put into my system.  Thank you for letting me express myself.

EDIT*  I apologize very much if this came off as rude or aggressive, I did not mean it to be directed at anyone, I am just tired and frustrated.  Sorry

This is the way that I´ve choosen too.

I was also dissapointed by the Doctors and left alone in my suffer by them back in 2008.

I just wanted to say that You have a long way to go and perhaps it could turn out to be dangerous 

e.g. with mixing different bloodthinners... or by trying to "curb" the mesocortical dopamine system via Ethylphenidate and 5-ht2a antagonists like me and fuck the things more up than ever imagined before...

One of the causes was my half-knowledge about things and to presume to know enough.

Just be warned and try to do it right and reasonable

You have to calm You self down, when the prognosis looks bad or You are exhausted and hopeless.

Because thats one of the things what Doctors do, to give hope ( at least they are supposed to do this)

And in fact there are Silverlining in the not so far future.

Ok enough "wisdom".

If forgot how´s Your reading ability, but You will need this to learn about the Brain, interactions, Herbs/Medicines and so on.

Here a few suggestions:

https://www.coursera.org/

This is a place where You can learn,for free, some basics about neurology, via courses

unless You want the diplom at the end then it have to be paid.

I guess there are other sites which offer the same service.

- In reddit/neurology or /psychatry You can find real psychatrist.

This could be a good oppurtunity to ask them questions.

- Be allways sceptic with Wiki articles. They are outdated or simply false. Better go to some official sites.

Really dont want to annoy You with this, but I wrote it in the hope to give some good starter suggestion.

Edited by Flex, 15 September 2014 - 07:17 PM.

• like x 1

#89 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:51 PM

This is the way that I´ve choosen too.

I was also dissapointed by the Doctors and left alone in my suffer by them back in 2008.

I just wanted to say that You have a long way to go and perhaps it could turn out to be dangerous 

e.g. with mixing different bloodthinners... or by trying to "curb" the mesocortical dopamine system via Ethylphenidate and 5-ht2a antagonists like me and fuck the things more up than ever imagined before...

One of the causes was my half-knowledge about things and to presume to know enough.

Just be warned and try to do it right and reasonable

You have to calm You self down, when the prognosis looks bad or You are exhausted and hopeless.

Because thats one of the things what Doctors do, to give hope ( at least they are supposed to do this)

And in fact there are Silverlining in the not so far future.

Ok enough "wisdom".

If forgot how´s Your reading ability, but You will need this to learn about the Brain, interactions, Herbs/Medicines and so on.

Here a few suggestions:

https://www.coursera.org/

This is a place where You can learn,for free, some basics about neurology, via courses

unless You want the diplom at the end then it have to be paid.

I guess there are other sites which offer the same service.

- In reddit/neurology or /psychatry You can find real psychatrist.

This could be a good oppurtunity to ask them questions.

- Be allways sceptic with Wiki articles. They are outdated or simply false. Better go to some official sites.

Really dont want to annoy You with this, but I wrote it in the hope to give some good starter suggestion.

Annoy me? No way!!  This is great advice and I will definitely look into those suggestions! Thank you :D

Edited by Michael Rian, 15 September 2014 - 07:52 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#90 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:03 AM

So I had my first meeting with my new Psychiatrist today.  It went very well, He seems more than genuine and professional, and I am very pleased with the 1.5 hours he spent with me.  Now, I may not agree with his approach or his assessment, but I am more than willing to see if this treatment will prove some benefit to my issues. 

After talking at length about my childhood, previous medical treatments, and my general past experiences, He came to the conclusion that I may have been suffering from ADHD - Inattentive since a very young age.  A lot of what he said made perfect sense to me and I could see how he came to this theory, but I am still not fully convinced that this is what I have or what I have been dealing with all these years.  But, I do want to see where this goes and hope that this trial of medication helps me in some way.  He prescribed me Vyvanse, a stimulant for ADHD. 

I plan to try this out for a few weeks and see what happens.  I will update if I experience any improvement or, also, any negative response. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depersonalization, dpdr, anhedonia, brain fog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users