• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Advice for Anhedonia,Depersonalization, and Cognitive Impairment?

depersonalization dpdr anhedonia brain fog

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#91 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:57 AM

Good luck my friend, ill be following your updates.
  • like x 1

#92 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:33 PM

Hey nice to hear :-)

But what is with Your emotions/feelings ?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#93 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:49 PM

Good luck my friend, ill be following your updates.

Thanks Medievil, I am thinking I will start the new medication on this coming Friday, I work the next few days and I dont want to start the medication and go straight to work, So Friday is my day off, I can better judge the effects then. 

#94 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:51 PM

Hey nice to hear :-)

But what is with Your emotions/feelings ?

I am not sure, I just feel blank, but I do sort of feel a bit of hope that this may be an effective medication and I will start to feel better.  The new Doctor said I most likely do not have a mood or personality disorder and that all my symptoms could be caused from the ADD.  I am not sure how I feel about this explanation, but until I start my new medication, I dont know much of anything haha. 

#95 MichaelTheAnhedonic

• 179 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:02 PM

Good luck then. Negative symptoms (anhedonia, apathy) are highly connected to mesocortical dopamine pathway failure. Vyvanse boost dopamine activity in this pathway, so this drug is promising. At least for me because I reacted to ethylphenidate which increase activity in the same pathway as Vyvanse. Your doc seems to be legit. More than my for sure.

#96 forexworld12

• 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:47 PM

Nmda Ampa and Kainate are the receptors of Glutamate.

MGlu and glu receptors fall in the category of the above mentioned.

Too much glutamate is harmful i.e. destroys the Brain.

Search in google or even here on longecity for DXM, Ketamine or Angeldust "victims" ( those are all nmda inhibiotrs)

-> Monoamine receptors like dopamine d2 d3, Adrenaline a1,a2 and a few 5-ht ( Serotonine) receptors and ion channels e.g. Calcium channels

decrease Glutamate to various extends

-> Risperdal decreases/destroys some of those monoamine receptors

-> By blocking e.g. Nmda receptors, more Glutamate is avaiable, dosedependly, to such extend that it overactivates the Ampa and kainate receptors,

so that the Braincells die.

-> by using Nmda blockers and having a decreased number of one of those receptors ( caused by Risperdal or other Antipsychotics)

You have even more glutamate released and therefore cell death is increased or at least the possibility.

As said, this would not regrowth.

Some reproted that Wellbrutin has actually a dulling effect and others say that this isnt even comparable to Ritalin

http://www.socialanx...932-post15.html

DRI cant work in certain areas if Dopamine is not released by 5-ht2a receptor activation

(which act like autoreceptors in the mesocortical area) or there arent enough receptors

You could try besides Trazodone a low dose (50mg) of Amisulpride

which is a dopamine autoreceptor inhibitor but beyond 100mg, a dopamine receptor antagonist like Risperdal

5-Ht1a blockade could be helpful.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19435548

http://www.propeciah...opic.php?t=7009

Ask Area-1255 for 5-ht1a antagonists.

Afaik cyproheptadine does also block 5-ht1a ( or perhaps only the presynaptic ? Dunno)

Serotonin neurons from the dorsal raphe project to the substantia nigra, the ventral tegmentum, the dorsal and ventral striatum, and to the frontal cortex. These terminal areas contain 5-HT1B/1D,5-HT2A, and 5-HT3 receptors. Serotonin may induce local release of dendritic nigral DA (131). Serotonin stimulation of 5-HT2A receptors inhibits the activity of DA neurons in the substantia nigra. 5-HT2A antagonistss increase activity of DA neurons in the ventral tegmental area (VTA) and substantia nigra DA neurons, and thus increase DA release in terminal areas (24,53,87). VTA neurons respond to lower concentrations of 5-HT2 antagonistss (33).5-HT2A antagonistss may also increase DA release in the prefrontal cortex by a direct action at 5-HT2A receptors on DA nerve terminals (82,93,117). 5-HT2A. antagonistss may also prevent the effect of decreased prefrontal glutamatergic activity that inhibits burst firing of VTA DA neurons. This might be a mechanism by which 5-HT2A antagonistss decrease negative symptoms (36,117).

http://www.acnp.org/...0117/CH115.html

Yes, thanks for the information..... Damn I was on risperdal for 4 months .... not sure how it would effect me !!

So I won't be using any NDMA inhibitor ...but I read NDMA antagonist does have a positive effect on these receptors,  increases dopamine receptors densitiy and helps repair them .? so that could be a good thing for ahnedonia libido etc

even if ssri don't have a direct effect on dopamine receptor a reaction with ejac could somewhat indirectly effect it ,

I certainly don't want to mess with receptors that can't regrow on its own !

Wellbutrin did bring some emotions back but in a negative way like 300mg I felt very sad and depressed , had crying spells, wanted to kill my self etc etc and some de-realization got worse... it didn't work the other way around

ssri just removes that ...basically it removes every emotion so i don't feel anything .... look at my doctor he prescribed me an apathy inducing ssri to treat apathetic depression .. When I'm not on any med I feel similar to being on wellbutrin but just emotions are less .. 

I wanted to try pircatepam but read lots of bad things - reduces libido - so its gonna kill something that's already dead !

I do suffer from ADHD too .. and my short term memory is fucked up too !

So if theory is correct the adverse reaction with paxil and ejac and now more serotonin is floating in my system but i can't find a source that more serotonin causes depression or if it happens in degree, de-realization .. but it does make people apathetic so I am starting tomorrow Shilajit with depletes serotonin !!  i hope it treats the ahnedonic depression,derealization and Lost libido 

#97 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:34 PM

Nmda antagonists dont repair afaik, they rather modulate like other agonists or antagonists.

You have to look for something like: 5-ht2a + cognition and 5-ht2c for depression

Using a SSRI does rebalance them, so up and downregulate all receptors to, afaik, an equal level.

I would firstly stick with Trazodone, Mitrazepine or something like that and see how it changes.

Actually I´ve believe to read somewhere that Wellbrutin reverses those sexual side effects.

Could You tell me, when was Your last Antipsychotic usage ?

Because it needed for me approx 1 Year to regain the most functions and 1 1/2 - 2 Years to be nearly normal again.

#98 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:52 PM

Hey Everyone,

So I have not started my trial of Vyvanse yet, I am going to aim for Friday to start it, but I had a follow up appointment with my Family Doctor Today to discuss how my visit with the new Psychiatrist went Yesterday.  My family doctor is fully on board with everything and since I told him I dont want to start the Vyvanse until my days off work, He said I should try Ritalin in the meantime, to see if it had a positive effect and it is a shorter lasting drug, and then we will know how the Vyvanse will likely treat me.  So now I have some Ritaln and some Vyvanse to trial, separately of course!  So maybe tomorrow morning I will try 10mg of Ritalin and see how it effects me, and then go from there.  What a strange few days it has been haha, Finally two separate doctors prescribing be something different than a SSRI!   I will update soon, thank you all once again for all the support and help. 

#99 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:31 PM

lol Jackpot :-)

Monitor Your self over the next months i.e. for good and bad changes.

#100 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:28 AM

lol Jackpot :-)

Monitor Your self over the next months i.e. for good and bad changes.

Hahah, I sure hope it is!  I kind of have some fear of taking these medications since I have never used them before, but I am sure I will be fine, I will be starting low dose and working my way up anyways.  I will definitely update any and all experiences I have with these medications.  Hopefully I will have some good news to share in a few days.  :)

#101 forexworld12

• 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:09 AM

Nmda antagonists dont repair afaik, they rather modulate like other agonists or antagonists.

You have to look for something like: 5-ht2a + cognition and 5-ht2c for depression

Using a SSRI does rebalance them, so up and downregulate all receptors to, afaik, an equal level.

I would firstly stick with Trazodone, Mitrazepine or something like that and see how it changes.

Actually I´ve believe to read somewhere that Wellbrutin reverses those sexual side effects.

Because it needed for me approx 1 Year to regain the most functions and 1 1/2 - 2 Years to be nearly normal again.

I'm actually trying Shilajit (serotonin antagonist) Yohimbine and Looking for a doctor to prescribe me trazodone .. as suggested by area ... 

I have tried mirtazapine - it just helps me sleep nothing else but it does make de-realization worse 

Yeh I read that too wellbutrin reverses sexual side effect but it didn't do jack for me in that area ...which means over-serotonin could be possible .and wellbutrin isn't doing enough on 300mg to counter act the problem ? or maybe receptor fault ?

Anti - psychotic ---   trifluoperazine  october 2012 - march 2013 , risperdal - january 2014 to may 2014 ...

Edited by forexworld12, 17 September 2014 - 07:10 AM.

#102 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:12 AM

The neurotoxic damage ive seen from rodent studys from aps from some is shocking, for example 2 weeks of haldol killed a dramatic ammount of neurons in one brainarea i dont remember.

Being on risperdal for me was terrible, i lost my personality and went crazy, i never noticed any permanent aftereffects tough.
Ive been in a ward with shizophrenics around my age in belguim once, i was shocked to see alot of them where just completely retarded, all taking aps offcourse, which are known to schrink the brain of ppl.

#103 forexworld12

• 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:00 AM

The neurotoxic damage ive seen from rodent studys from aps from some is shocking, for example 2 weeks of haldol killed a dramatic ammount of neurons in one brainarea i dont remember.

Being on risperdal for me was terrible, i lost my personality and went crazy, i never noticed any permanent aftereffects tough.
Ive been in a ward with shizophrenics around my age in belguim once, i was shocked to see alot of them where just completely retarded, all taking aps offcourse, which are known to schrink the brain of ppl.

Damn to haldol .. 

Glad all the side effect went away after quitting risperdal . - I hope if this shit did anything to me it goes away too 

Holy cow . were you too suffering from mini-schizo ? schizo inducing apathy , ahnedonia , loss of libido - what drugs are you currently taking(long term) to treat them and how is it working ?

I have seen a small girl with schizo and it gave me anxiety/panic attacks !  

risperdal i read is known to cause shrinkage after a year of use but even then the shrink is too small to notice!

Edited by forexworld12, 17 September 2014 - 10:03 AM.

#104 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:07 PM

Damn to haldol ..
Glad all the side effect went away after quitting risperdal . - I hope if this shit did anything to me it goes away too
Holy cow . were you too suffering from mini-schizo ? schizo inducing apathy , ahnedonia , loss of libido - what drugs are you currently taking(long term) to treat them and how is it working ?

risperdal i read is known to cause shrinkage after a year of use but even then the shrink is too small to notice!
I only got predromal shizophrenia but managed to reverse most of the retardation and detoriation, what i take:

Clonazepam
Phenibut
Stimulants
Ropinirole
5 meo dalt or other daily low doses of psychedelics

Currently taking fluvoxamine, i know im cured when opiates work, codeine worked for 2 weeks once after using tramadol and withdrawing of it for a day, it was a mindblowing new world, codeine, ethylphenidate and 5 meo dalt, i will however discover how to reverse my imunity for opiates again, if anyone can crack it its me
I got severe anhedonia, also weird loss of libido, stims actually supress it more now, extremely strange and they no longer extended duration of being able to have sex.

#105 magniloquentc0unt

• 299 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:09 AM

Isnt Vyvanse just "updated" adderall? Looking forward to hear about your outcomes, as i am in the exact same boat: it might have been answered already, but what SSRI have you been on for 4 years? I also went to a shrink who prescribed methylphenidate but unfortunately it was not helpful for me until ive tried it in conjunction with moclobemide (probably i have some "super fast breakdown of dopamine" issue?!), which is benefic and helps without having side effect, but im still kinda anhedonic and dissociated... by the way i think your generic doc did a good thing prescribing you methylphenidate inbeteen, as it is a way more studied drug which should be safer than amphetamines

Edited by magniloquentc0unt, 18 September 2014 - 09:11 AM.

#106 forexworld12

• 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:22 AM

Damn to haldol ..

I only got predromal shizophrenia but managed to reverse most of the retardation and detoriation, what i take:

Clonazepam
Phenibut
Stimulants
Ropinirole
5 meo dalt or other daily low doses of psychedelics

Currently taking fluvoxamine, i know im cured when opiates work, codeine worked for 2 weeks once after using tramadol and withdrawing of it for a day, it was a mindblowing new world, codeine, ethylphenidate and 5 meo dalt, i will however discover how to reverse my imunity for opiates again, if anyone can crack it its me
I got severe anhedonia, also weird loss of libido, stims actually supress it more now, extremely strange and they no longer extended duration of being able to have sex.

Wait With all those drugs are you still suffering from "ahnedonia and loss of libido"  or are these treated with the drugs you are taking ?   

#107 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:19 PM

Anhedonia is completely abolished, libido is weird sometimes I managed to completely make it back normal with Viagra, verapamil and 5 meo dalt but I grew tolerant to it?

#108 Michael Rian

• Topic Starter
  • 163 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:48 PM

Isnt Vyvanse just "updated" adderall? Looking forward to hear about your outcomes, as i am in the exact same boat: it might have been answered already, but what SSRI have you been on for 4 years? I also went to a shrink who prescribed methylphenidate but unfortunately it was not helpful for me until ive tried it in conjunction with moclobemide (probably i have some "super fast breakdown of dopamine" issue?!), which is benefic and helps without having side effect, but im still kinda anhedonic and dissociated... by the way i think your generic doc did a good thing prescribing you methylphenidate inbeteen, as it is a way more studied drug which should be safer than amphetamines

I am not sure exactly what Vyvanse is, other than I know it is a stimulant haha.  I am still doing some reading up on it before I start it.  The SSRI I was on for around 4 years was Cipralex, Lexapro in the USA, Escitalopram.  I recently re-tried it a few weeks ago but it made all my symptoms worse so I stopped.  My psychiatrist agrees with me that it would just make me feel worse.  Hopefully these stimulants do something positive, I will be trying one of them tomorrow.  I may consider adding something like an anti-depressant or Buspar to my stimulant medication, if I feel the need to try that, but who knows, maybe the stims are all I need.  I will be sure to update in a day or two.  Cheers! 

#109 forexworld12

• 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:52 PM

Anhedonia is completely abolished, libido is weird sometimes I managed to completely make it back normal with Viagra, verapamil and 5 meo dalt but I grew tolerant to it?

Man I envy you .... I guess the libido up and down is due to the new ssri you have been on ?  but glad to know you are able to make it back normal !

Do you know a condition called de-realization ? I have that and ssri does treat it like 60-70% but i quit ssri as they make depression & ahnedonia worse.. also yellow lights seems to make de-realization worse it puts me in a dream trance like state...

The things that I have ordered are - 

here is the final list of things 

1)  Shilajit Gold 

2) Yohimbine HCL

3) Trazodone 

4) N-Acetyl Cysteine 600 mg

5) Uridine UMP, 500mg a day

6) Choline 500mg a day
7) Inositol 500mg a day
8)  USPLabs PowerFULL
9) NOW Detox Support 
10) Vitamin C - 300mg 
11) Vitamin D, E and K
12) All vitamin B complex 
13) Iodine 150 mcg 
14) Magnesium 100mg 
15) Zinc 25 mg
special Blend - L-Glutamine, L-Cysteine, Beta-Alanine, Taurine, N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine, L-Arginine, L-Carnitine  150mg 
16) wellbutrin 150 mg xl 

I am seriously hoping these would work and put me out of my misery ....!! my best bet are on shilajit and yohimbine !

#110 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:29 AM

Mate if you anhedonia caused by negative shizo symptions i can pretty much guarantee they wont help anhedonia, only trivastal, zyprexa with prozac and amisulpiride are not really directly rewarding substances reported to help, but with zyprexa its unclear wheter it just worked for depression so it reversed anhedonia associated with it which wont help you.
Stims reverse any apathy, anhedonia, libido decrease or pretty much all issues with ssris.

#111 forexworld12

• 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:22 AM

Mate if you anhedonia caused by negative shizo symptions i can pretty much guarantee they wont help anhedonia, only trivastal, zyprexa with prozac and amisulpiride are not really directly rewarding substances reported to help, but with zyprexa its unclear wheter it just worked for depression so it reversed anhedonia associated with it which wont help you.
Stims reverse any apathy, anhedonia, libido decrease or pretty much all issues with ssris.

No I do not have schizo ... my ahnedonia like i posted here before was caused by taking 1 pill of paxil (Only because i had anxiety) and mastubating 3 times in a row and when the 3rd ejac happened it tipped my system the wrong way and i suffered huge ahnedonic depression, de-realization , , anxiety , pupil dilation etc etc 

I have tried zyprexa  for sleep a year ago(when I didin't have depression or ahnedonia) - it was fine ! - this is the only anti-psychotic that I can try as it binds and acts as an antagonist more superior on the serotonin receptors than on the dopamine receptors 

Prozac is an ssri so I am never going to touch that anymore (Kills libido)

Amisulpride while in standard dose acts mainly as antagonist on D2 and D3 receptors... so no way ... (It kills libido)

Stimulants I would like to try Amphetamine(adderal) because in humans with ADHD it states amphetamines appear to improve brain development and nerve growth. !! but it can work both ways for Libido - in some people it increases it and in some it kills it ..!

Edited by forexworld12, 19 September 2014 - 03:25 AM.

#112 Sciencyst

• 272 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:31 AM

No I do not have schizo ... my ahnedonia like i posted here before was caused by taking 1 pill of paxil (Only because i had anxiety) and mastubating 3 times in a row and when the 3rd ejac happened it tipped my system the wrong way and i suffered huge ahnedonic depression, de-realization , , anxiety , pupil dilation etc etc 

I have tried zyprexa  for sleep a year ago(when I didin't have depression or ahnedonia) - it was fine ! - this is the only anti-psychotic that I can try as it binds and acts as an antagonist more superior on the serotonin receptors than on the dopamine receptors 

Amisulpride while in standard dose acts mainly as antagonist on D2 and D3 receptors... so no way ... (It kills libido)

Stimulants I would like to try Amphetamine(adderal) because in humans with ADHD it states amphetamines appear to improve brain development and nerve growth. !! but it can work both ways for Libido - in some people it increases it and in some it kills it ..!

Amphetamine will do more damage than it will do to benefit you. I have (seemingly) permanent anhedonia from a few years of adderall treatment, and have been off of it for about 1 year. It can and will destroy dopamine neurons, so it will just make the condition worse the more you take it. Try aiming for something more long-term modulatory than for acute effects.

Edited by katuskoti, 19 September 2014 - 09:33 AM.

• like x 2

#113 forexworld12

• 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

Amphetamine will do more damage than it will do to benefit you. I have (seemingly) permanent anhedonia from a few years of adderall treatment, and have been off of it for about 1 year. It can and will destroy dopamine neurons, so it will just make the condition worse the more you take it. Try aiming for something more long-term modulatory than for acute effects.

That freaks me out ... but are there any long term safe solutions that work the same way as stimulants ? not that I know off

#114 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:48 PM

I have tried zyprexa for sleep a year ago(when I didin't have depression or ahnedonia) - it was fine ! - this is the only anti-psychotic that I can try as it binds and acts as an antagonist more superior on the serotonin receptors than on the dopamine receptors

Stimulants I would like to try Amphetamine(adderal) because in humans with ADHD it states amphetamines appear to improve brain development and nerve growth. !! but it can work both ways for Libido - in some people it increases it and in some it kills it ..!

Im not suprised without something that prevents long term receptor downregulation.

#115 MichaelTheAnhedonic

• 179 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:53 PM

Huh, I really don't understand why my brain stopped to care about anything.

Anyway, update ur methylphenidate experience ASAP. 

#116 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:13 PM

Since when you stopped caring about everything?

#117 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:47 PM

I´m sceptic about the solely receptor down-regulation in regards of Amphetamine.

Vmat2, dat, Tyrosine hydrooxilase are down, but due Damage afaik.

Btw: In the first time on Amisulpride (50-75mg) my dick was hard as beton. I´ve had the feeling that this was the limit of hardness lol

But after a few pills it didnt appeared anymore.

#118 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:55 PM

strange it makes my dick really soppy.
trust me that is the main issue with amphetamine

#119 MichaelTheAnhedonic

• 179 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:53 PM

Well, it was progressive. From 2011 (when I was 15) to now. I dont know if it is still progressing, hard to say at this point. Ethylphenidate and amisulpiride in low doses was good for me. But I need something better. Still waiting for sarcosine ;/

And of course libido is very low.

Edited by MichaelTheAnhedonic, 19 September 2014 - 05:24 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#120 forexworld12

• 150 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:35 AM

Alright 4 products have arrived ..I am waiting for all of the so i can start taking together ...".I went to the doctor again to prescribe me traozodone all he said was are you the doctor or am i the doctor ? do you know the mechanism of how it works ? if you don't take my given medication then go and find some other doctor " absolutely rude ... 

On the other hand since completely being off escitalopram from a week I am starting to have suffocation from Inside ...(same I did when the reaction happened) ssri removed everything made me a zombie and now when I'm off it I fell that suffocation,depression. irritation and too much restlessness and not wanting to live crap from inside" damn !!!!!!!!

Edited by forexworld12, 20 September 2014 - 10:37 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depersonalization, dpdr, anhedonia, brain fog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users