- - - - -

Facial Exercises...

face aging young old korma

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 simpy3

• 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:44 PM

I just want to say that they work great, no matter your age.

It only takes a few minutes each day, and the results are quite surprising. I made up my own little routine using these sources and I can say there is a difference: 

http://www.dailymail...-naturally.html
http://www.dailymail...ageing-fad.html

Many people mention a woman named Eva Fraser, a long standing advocate of facial exercises and despite being in her 80s she doesn't look it.

#2 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:45 AM

Where are the before and afters of people that do not sell a DVD?

Have seen what a lot of these programs entail and it seems like they would cause more wrinkles if anything.

Is there any proof?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

Where are the before and afters of people that do not sell a DVD?

Have seen what a lot of these programs entail and it seems like they would cause more wrinkles if anything.

Is there any proof?

Your never going to find any real proof it seems. For one thing, before and after pics of some Jane Doe on the internet come to you with all kinds of factors. Things like different lighting in the before/after. What were they using during that time on their skin? Maybe they recently started using Retin-A and C serum etc.

Even if someone were to test facial exercises with the latest science, someone could always say that the specific exercises used during testing were sub optimal.

I've been doing them for 3 years now and have seen no evidence that they are doing any harm. My skin looked great before starting them and I use a bunch of topicals. I just believe that they work. Like body exercise, I also believe that doing the wrong type and doing them too often can lead to bad results. What type that is, I have no damn idea. :unsure:

#4 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

This is a few paragraphs from the program I'm using:

There's so much hope resting on the rejuvenation of the skin, and yet the condition of the skin has a relatively small effect on the appearance of the face. We think, broadly, of firming and tightening the skin and using it to hold the muscular structure of the face in place, as if that was the function our skin performed when we were young. It's entirely back-to-front thinking.

On the rest of the body, where the skin forms a seperate layer that just wraps a limb or a shoulder without attachment to the muscle, the tone of the skin is independent of muscle tone. The skin on the stomach isn't joined to the abdominal muscles anywhere. Doing sit-ups won't tighten the skin there, and it is very annoying for people who have given birth that so many people believe it will.

The muscles that express emotion... raise the eyebrows, crinkle the eyes, and smile... are attached to the skin that they move around to form these expressions. Facial skin tissue and muscle fibres flow into each other in many parts of the face. Restoring tone in the facial muscles will naturally lift the skin and draw it towards the bone structure. It's perverse to firm the face by surgically tightening the skin. The skin doesn't hold the muscle in place... the muscle holds the skin in place. Given that this is the case, it makes infinitely more sense to work on the muscle than on the skin.

#5 Epitopia

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:44 PM

There is no evidence that it works however it won't do any harm as long as you excerise in a way that does not cause wrinkles while you do it. It seems reasonble that it can improve the appearance by gaining muscle volume which otherwise naturally decreases and it improves circulation.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: face, aging, young, old, korma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users