• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

lets get SENS to accept bitcoin for donations.

bitcoin sens crypto

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 nickdino

• 162 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:36 AM

A week or two ago i was about to donate sens a small amount of money that should then be tripled. I haven't done that because i have gotten aware of transaction fees that middle men charge for their service and the awareness that they are already made unnecessary by cryptocurrencies which utilize blockchain technology that renders any middle man obsolete. Bitcoin is the premier cryptocurrency and accepted by an ever growing number of companies, stores, individuals etc.
If sens or any anti aging organization wants to they can just simply download a bitcoin wallet, post their wallet receiving adress on their donations page and receive donations from any other with a bitcoin wallet of their own, nearly instantaneous, without losses due to transaction fees and very secure.
I mailed them but i didn't receive a response yet, but here i want to bring this opportunity under the attention of sens and the anti aging crowd.
  • like x 1

#2 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:48 AM

Alright :) But after that the SENS has to be able to spend these bit coins for a research. There comes the question who will you agree to work or to imbune real world resourses and technology in virtual money.

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:20 AM

Alright :) But after that the SENS has to be able to spend these bit coins for a research. There comes the question who will you agree to work or to imbune real world resourses and technology in virtual money.

All SENS needs to do is immediately convert the bitcoins to the currency of their choice.

#4 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:33 AM

All SENS needs to do is immediately convert the bitcoins to the currency of their choice.

Yup... I also think like that. Maybe after some time, the virtual currency will become like the real, but... at this moment (year 2014), it is not a serious thing.

#5 orion602

• 83 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:27 PM

Yeah. Or they could just use service like bitpay. (maybe there are more, but this one is biggest and reliable)

I have already paid through bitcoin on several websites, and they used bitpay as a gateway for payment processing. Its easy and relatively fast to pay with bitcoin.

I have no idea how difficult/easy  integration on the website is, but i think it should not be a big problem

https://bitpay.com/features

edit: btw why not use it as an option here as well?

Edited by orion602, 13 October 2014 - 06:31 PM.

#6 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

What exactly you can have for bitcoins?

#7 orion602

• 83 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:38 PM

Well, on the website they say "Trusted by Over 40,000 Businesses and Organizations"

Web hosting services (I bought some domains via namecheap),  and also e-shops - mostly small, but there are some big as well: like newegg, tigerdirect, shipito international shipping service,

alibaba/aliexpress used to accept bitcoin, but then stopped it, because there were some issues with china national bank order..I don't know when/if they will accept it again.

and yes, then there are probably still some illegal or semilegal transactions going on, like gambling, drugs, guns etc. (but i never tried or searched for such, If thats what you mean :laugh:  )

#8 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:50 AM

You bought a domain with bitcoins? If not a secret, what is the domain, that you bought?

#9 nickdino

• Topic Starter
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:07 PM

Implementation is super easy, get a wallet on a secured computer, look up the receive adress in the wallet, post the number on your website, done.

#10 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:44 PM

But after that the SENS has to be able to spend these bit coins for a research

I accept bitcoins in my science store www.geneandcell.com.  SENS have bought some of my molecules fairly regularly, and paid in dollars.  So if you give them bitcoins, that's one place they can go :)

#11 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:43 AM

Alright guys :) You got me enthusiasted :) I will dedicate my old PC for mining bitcoins :)

Does anyone from you mine bitcoins?

#12 nickdino

• Topic Starter
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:24 AM

I do, dont bother.. That game has stepped up, what you need are asics which are scarce and expensive

#13 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:29 AM

In this case I am out :)

Do you have an asic? How much bitcoins you managed to mine?

Is this video true? :)

#14 nickdino

• Topic Starter
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:10 PM

No, i have a selfmade 5 gpu rig.

#15 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:35 AM

So... how much bit coins did you "mined" with the rig? Do you mean 5 gpu = 5 video cards? What was your investment? If not a secret?

#16 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:56 PM

Just to conclude the thread -- congrats, they did it!  http://sens.org/donate

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bitcoin, sens, crypto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users