What's the deal on Modafanil and Sleep?

modafanil sleep

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pallas

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:44 AM

When you use a sleep aid such as doxyalamine, does it actually put you to sleep?, Or do you just fall into a trance state and get no rem/slow wave sleep?

Likewise, if you take a histamine promoting agent such as Modafanil, and you do fall asleep, is sleep architecture affected?

#2 pro-v

• 112 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:41 PM

From personal experience, I could not sleep as long but I slept better. IIRC, modafinil is used for some forms of sleep apnea. For me, the increased quality of sleep wasn't able to compensate for the amount of sleep lost,

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Pallas

• Topic Starter
  • 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:27 PM

From personal experience, I could not sleep as long but I slept better. IIRC, modafinil is used for some forms of sleep apnea. For me, the increased quality of sleep wasn't able to compensate for the amount of sleep lost,

How many hours do you usually "sleep" for?

#4 pro-v

• 112 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:09 AM

How many hours do you usually "sleep" for?

Average is about 7 but could only sleep for 5-6 on modafinil. I really need 9 hour to feel my best. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:32 AM

I seriously dislike Modafinil. I have tried it at three different occasions, and every time it has completely killed my sleep, not being able to sleep for a freaking minute. Its half life is WAY too long.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: modafanil, sleep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users