• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mirtazapine 15mg vs 30mg - which is the antidepressant dosage ?

mirtazapine remeron libido serotonin antagonist

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:11 PM

On the topic of NE: Maybe a2-adreno receptor blockade increased NE transmission such that post-synaptic a2 receptors were agonized and downregulated while a1 receptors were antagonized by the mirtazapine and upregulated. So upon withdrawal, a2 autoreceptors are upregulated, decreasing NE transmission (postsynaptic a2) and a1 receptors are by contrast sensitized. Then you take some time off, the NE system tries to normalize. You resume mirtazapine and then it is stimulating again because post-synaptic a2 receptors were upregulated. Speculation. If that were the case then it would just take time off the drug. It could also involve the 5-ht system. 5-ht1a upregulation would lower 5-ht transmission. Funny, the only thing I can think of that rapidly normalizes both systems is estrogen

Absolute HORSECRAP, why would you even suggest estrogen to someone suffering a panic attack?

There's no evidence that 5-HT1AR would upregulate, more than likely it would DE-SENSITIZE..

So therefore TROLL who decides to write the opposite  that I have, you have zero clue and making statements like this is grounds for leaving prematurely. 

• Unfriendly x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#32 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

I'm pretty sure he's not trying to troll here, Area-1255 - seems more to me that he's speculating and trying to help.

Now, whether his knowledge is good or not is another thing altogether, but I'm quite sure he's not up to any shenanigans.

Correcting errors is a good thing, but doing it in such a sternly negative manor is IMHO, quite unnecessary. Better then to calmly inform him why he's incorrect, and perhaps even link him to correct documentation, explaining the subject at hand, so that he can study the right information, and be a helpful and productive member of this site.

• Good Point x 2
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#33 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:25 PM

I'm pretty sure he's not trying to troll here, Area-1255 - seems more to me that he's speculating and trying to help.

Now, whether his knowledge is good or not is another thing altogether, but I'm quite sure he's not up to any shenanigans.

Correcting errors is a good thing, but doing it in such a sternly negative manor is IMHO, quite unnecessary. Better then to calmly inform him why he's incorrect, and perhaps even link him to correct documentation, explaining the subject at hand, so that he can study the right information, and be a helpful and productive member of this site.

I'm one of the most well-respected members of this site , and informing him is exactly what I was doing - he has other troll posts..if you look carefully.

His first introductory post was deleted because he put affiliate links in it.

Edited by Area-1255, 11 January 2015 - 08:27 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mirtazapine, remeron, libido serotonin, antagonist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users