- - - - -

advice

life prison job

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Alizee

• 59 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:22 AM

I am wasting my life and I need advice on how to preserve my health so I am not essentially wasting my life away (pun.. I guess). I am stuck with a job I hate, and I can't get out of it (military). There's nothing I can do besides get chapter, but that will potentially ruin the rest of my life... so I must suck it up and go with it. This is hell on Earth.

Advice... I'll take any.

• WellResearched x 1

#2 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:21 PM

Maybe you can switch MOS and find something that you enjoy a little more in the military? Remember there are benefits like college tuition when you are finished with the military. You may not enjoy what you are doing now, but you always have the future to look forward to. How much longer do you have in the military?

#3 Alizee

• Topic Starter
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:10 PM

2.5 yrs.

Im becoming cynical about life... ill throw away all my money and benefits to get out now. But nope. I cant ruin my life with that OTH discharge.

I cant change it for at least 1.5 yrs.

Edited by Alizee, 11 January 2015 - 11:11 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:05 AM

OK, so you have determined there is one aspect of your life that you do not have control over. Lack of control is highly stressful. But don't fixate on that. What are the areas of your life that you do have some control of? How much free time do you have each day? Is there any skill or hobby you could take up during your free time that might make you feel less like these next couple years are a complete waste? Can you practice mindfulness (focus on the feelings of your body and the immediate information coming in from your five senses, pay attention only to the task at hand, note distracting thoughts and move on without pursuing them, if a worry about the past or future comes up simply notice it without judgement and return to the present moment, etc) while you are on duty so as to reduce the distress that it causes?

I successfully follow this advice only about 10% of the time but even that is something...

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: life, prison, job

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users