stem cells

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ihatesnow

• 776 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:13 PM

http://diyprojects.t...-immune-system/

http://diyprojects.t...-immune-system/

Edited by ihatesnow, 15 April 2015 - 10:14 PM.

#2 corb

• 507 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:45 PM

I'm pretty sure this has been covered before. A lot, especially by a certain forum user.

I'd like to make a point, the rejuvenation observed in these types of experiments doesn't extend to all parts of the immune system - though it is very good for the white blood cell count it seems, which makes it very beneficial in chemotherapy.
I don't want to depreciate fasting, I fast myself, but I still like to point out just fasting isn't enough to rejuvenate every part of your immune system.

• Good Point x 1

#3 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:47 PM

I Think fasting might be a very effective tool in the process of reaching actuarial escape velocity but it will most certainly not work to completely rejuvenate a human being.

#4 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2015 - 04:58 PM

I think you are obsessed with fasting and stuff like that. It's probably a great idea to do, to increase probability of reaching LEV, but I feel certain that you will die anyway.

getting obsessed with fasting by any chance? :)

#5 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:40 PM

Yes its fun to do. I'm going to try to do it once every month or every second month. Did you see the new Longo papers, xEva?

#6 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:15 AM

Yes its fun to do. I'm going to try to do it once every month or every second month. Did you see the new Longo papers, xEva?

yes I have. They are boring in vitro studies. ..though with them he is doing great job presenting various rationale for how exactly fasting works, metabolically and on the molecular level. Way back when I came here, I had hard time trying to explain how simply not eating for a stretch can both heal and rejuvenate. The mods viewed me and my interest with great suspicion. ..how sweet it is to say now to the boys, I told you so! :) losers

#7 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:21 AM

Boring yes, but that's the hard road you got to take in science.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stem cells

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users