• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

What exactly means to be immortal

immortal immortality

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:27 PM

How do you imagine it? Simply brainstorm anything, that goes into your mind. What exactly means to be immortal?

• like x 1

#2 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:20 PM

To finally stop worrying about time that is ticking and being able to truly enjoy the moment.

Edited by forever freedom, 20 August 2015 - 06:21 PM.

• like x 2
  • unsure x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#3 Danail Bulgaria

• Topic Starter
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:30 PM

In brief you imagine yourself immortal as you are now - biological being, staying on the very same biological age. Am I correct ?

• Disagree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:28 PM

You know thats the most direct logical answer possible. I just wish people would understand it and start living life better. There's no telling how long anyone can live, I think modern immortalists get bored with life and decide to fade away. You see it alot these days.

Edited by Multivitz, 27 August 2015 - 11:29 PM.

• Ill informed x 1

#5 Danail Bulgaria

• Topic Starter
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:17 AM

I was not actually asking that guys. I ment the question directly. What is immortality in means how do you see you immortal in your dreams?

For example:

some people think, that they will be immortal by making a 3d avatar of themselves.

other people think, that they will be immortal if the cloning gets allowed,and they periodically clone themselves.

some people think, that they will be immortal, if the information for them remains intact.

I had even a conversation with a 93 years old guy, who thought, that he will be immortal if a lame written short story about his life becomes published or this story is being kept.

So... what is to be immortal according to you?

• Disagree x 1

#6 middle nerd

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:16 AM

If you could live forever, would you choose to?

#7 Danail Bulgaria

• Topic Starter
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:22 AM

Ofcourse :) 

This is kind of off-topic, by the way. How do you imagibne yourself immortal? 

#8 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 May 2016 - 12:35 PM

Imagination is the birth stage to creation, it's up to the individual to apply skills and hopes to organise the imagination into a realistic order, after all, anything is possible! That includes anything that is imagined as reasonable over time, but even time is fairly flexable. imo

#9 Danail Bulgaria

• Topic Starter
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:03 PM

I think, that people can be immortal only if their body regenerates periodically.

What do you think about that concept?

#10 Clifford Greenblatt

• 355 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 06:56 PM

A tree can regenerate itself without limit. If a person does unlimited regeneration by cloning, would this be a meaningful immortality? If a person periodically gets a replacement arm, leg, heart, liver, brain, etc., would this be a meaningful means of immortality?

#11 Danail Bulgaria

• Topic Starter
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:00 PM

The same thing happens at a cellular and subcellular level inside our organisms now. 

Every day cells die and the most of them are being replaced with new cells. The remaining cells constantly replace their structures. Sooner or later your arm will be composed from another atoms, and the atoms from which it started wil be thrown away from your organism in one way or another. After lets say 50 years what will be the difference if your arm will be 1. cloned artifitially, or 2. deconstructed, thrown away and rebuild from another atoms naturally from your body? 

I admit, however, that this is a hard question about where is the border. Similarly, some believe, that if you periodically clone yourself you will be immortal, because they say: Hey, during the time we will replace all of our atoms, and we will forget all that we know now, so what is the difference if after 500 years 1. you will be made from different atoms and will have different memories naturally, or 2. you will be clonned? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: immortal, immortality

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users