• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Song writting and brain health

song writting brain health perception reason judgment song writting brain health perception feelings reason memory judgment

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Valor5

• 289 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:49 PM

When writing a song something that I have never done before it seems to me that it has to have certain elements to make it work. And it would be interesting to note why some songs are very popular and some are not. What is it about the music and the lyrics that gives the song music all the intrinsic value. Anyhow in exploring this issue I think I have broken the code metaphorically or tapped into the formula. I am by no means an expert and I have never really created a piece of music but I think I have now figured out the framework.  Also as it pertains to mental health would be an interesting view point because what if you gave this framework to someone as a test to look into their mental health. I think it could be striking. Songwritting I think is a sign of great intelligence so a good song is indicative of good intelligence. But input into this would be greatly appreciated.

So what is the framework. I am not a songwriter but I think this is the framework. If you are one please share your ideas.

Anyhow, the framework is that the human mind has three executives at the top that shape the life in terms of speed and movements, actions. These three faculties are the will (highly determinant), the thoughts, and the feelings. Below these are the reason, the judgment, the perception and memory.

Now to my understanding usually songs, popular songs deal with one of these at a time they may not include all aspects. For example there is the song by Micheal Jackson "Remember the Time" obviously we are dealing with memory. Another song is "Just beat it" by same artist. That song is dealing with judgment, "Just beat it" being a judgment call. A song by Taylor Swift deals with perception, "I knew you were trouble."

Perhaps the songs are popular because they deal with life lessons, experiences.

Edited by Valor5, 04 October 2015 - 01:05 PM.

• unsure x 1

#2 iseethelight

• 238 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:21 PM

You're overcomplicating this. 99% of popular songs are going to be about one of the strong emotions that dominate human life : Sex, Love, Pain, Money, Fear, Superiority.

The song has to be written in a way that the mass can relate to so they can associate with it. Then you need a catchy beat/rhythm to go with it and you've got yourself a potential number one hit, granted the song is marketed well. Look at the billboard top 100 and you will see that all the songs on there are about one of those emotions.

So for a song to be popular with the masses, mostly young people under 40, it has to be about one of those primary emotions and be catchy.

Edited by iseethelight, 04 October 2015 - 04:23 PM.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Valor5

• Topic Starter
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:26 PM

Another area of songwriting is imagination which is kind of tied to memory but somewhat distinct. Like Aladdins "I can show you the world" wholly imaginary.

#4 Valor5

• Topic Starter
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:06 PM

You're overcomplicating this. 99% of popular songs are going to be about one of the strong emotions that dominate human life : Sex, Love, Pain, Money, Fear, Superiority.
The song has to be written in a way that the mass can relate to so they can associate with it. Then you need a catchy beat/rhythm to go with it and you've got yourself a potential number one hit, granted the song is marketed well. Look at the billboard top 100 and you will see that all the songs on there are about one of those emotions.

So for a song to be popular with the masses, mostly young people under 40, it has to be about one of those primary emotions and be catchy.

I agree.
There are many songs about money, romance, cause effect relationships and conclusions, but the faculties listed are all used synergistically.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Valor5

• Topic Starter
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:12 PM

It's possible to rewrite a song with the similar music/accompaniment but keep the theme change the subject and make it very catchy popular. Or write a song about popular news. That's if you can't make something up initially. But it has to speak to the governing faculties or about the governing faculties.

Edited by Valor5, 05 October 2015 - 01:15 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: song writting brain health, perception reason judgment, song, writting, brain, health, perception feelings reason, memory, judgment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users