* * * * * 1 votes

Verdict on Lions Mane?

lions mane nootropic nootropics ngf brain

• Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic

#181 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:18 AM

But I want to get my hands on your Lion's Mane. It's April 2017. Is yours ready for purchase yet?

It's been on Amazon.com for over a year now. Also available through Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk and our website. We have a few Canadian health practitioners carrying our products now. Email us directly and I can get you in touch with one in Vancouver.

Not for marketing purposes but for "truth" purposes (I already bought Mushroom Science, will buy Oriveda and yours too) how would you compare your product to theirs? What makes yours on-par, better, lesser, etc?

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#182 Real Mushrooms

• 101 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:47 AM

im interested in this too. did it come through yet and what holds it back? its been an year since this being mentioned.

forever21, thats what you have to look for, percent of hericenone and erinacine and none of your links state them, therefore im skeptical of quality

It's still in the works. It takes time to develop a test method and finding a high quality lab that can actually perform it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#183 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:21 AM

im interested in this too. did it come through yet and what holds it back? its been an year since this being mentioned.

forever21, thats what you have to look for, percent of hericenone and erinacine and none of your links state them, therefore im skeptical of quality

It's still in the works. It takes time to develop a test method and finding a high quality lab that can actually perform it.

im sure thats truth. its much easier to just state they contain polysaccharides heh

forever21, did you even read through the entire thread? you are missing key points here. im not sure if you are just trolling...

• dislike x 1

#184 EFTANG

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:18 AM

realmushrooms, so maybe extract it from cordyceps militaries and standardize that will yield such high amount of cordycepin? im confused as to why bother taking cordyceps at all, if the most vital compound of it is missing or just present in such insignificant amounts :S

Oriveda now has a cordyceps extract with over 1% of cordycepin

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#185 EFTANG

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:24 AM

It is not possible to test for these compounds. They cannot be synthesised yet and no reference material is available. Reference material (99% pure) is needed to compare a sample against. 

Have you actually read this thread ?

#186 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:00 PM

This is one of the few supplements that had zero effect on me. Total waste of $$.

#187 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:44 PM

[...]

So, the only remaining problem so far is to find a reliable Lion's Mane supplement that offers all NGF stimulators in a bioavailable form (meaning: extracted) and is free from starch or other useless stuff.

[...]

Update, just received the news that oriveda will introduce their 50/50 Lion's Mane extract (fruiting body + fermented liquid mycelium) 2 weeks from now for a lower price than their current offering; $ 69.95 p/180 capsules.

They are already accepting and shipping bulk orders (1 kg or more) 

Is this the one? The new and better? I'll ready to press the buy button.

• dislike x 1

#188 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:22 PM

jack black which one exactly, you dont specify

forever21, buy some sense instead

• dislike x 1

#189 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:21 PM

It is not possible to test for these compounds. They cannot be synthesised yet and no reference material is available. Reference material (99% pure) is needed to compare a sample against. 

Have you actually read this thread ?

then its just bulk. useless basically. i suggest everyone withhold their lions mane orders until the future when science catches up on this item, because right now, people are scammed.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#190 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:57 PM

cant wait. i bought it. (oriveda)

now, if your guy in Burnaby Real Mushrooms doesn't get back with me, i'll just buy yours direct from your site.

what is the best way to measure the effectiveness of each brand? use them every other day / alternate every few days or give each a 1 month chance and compare?

#191 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:03 AM

jack black which one exactly, you dont specify

Samasara Herbs

Lion's Mane

20:1 Concentrate

I paid $20-30 IIRC on Amazon (2oz).

it does have a pleasant sweet mushroom smell.

#192 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:57 PM

Typical LongeCity posters are very mindful of keeping high quality discussion intact. Thank You.

For those who are unaware, we try our best to separate science and user experiences from vendor and commercial product discussions. 

I see this thread has several mentions of specific vendors. If you want to discuss vendors, in the future please start a separate discussion in the Retailer/Product Discussion forum: http://www.longecity...uct-discussion/ Thus there would be one discussion here called "Verdict on Lion's Mane" and another in the retail forum called "Places to purchase Lion's Mane" (for example).

Yes, there are going to be a few shills in the Retail forum, but for a few years now it has worked fairly well to keep viral marketing out of the wider forum discussions.

Please try to keep this in mind so that we can continue to explore ways to live healthy and extend life without the forum devolving into a spamfest.

If receive any more reports of people pimping vendors in this thread, I will be forced to move it to the Retail forum.

• Agree x 4

#193 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:18 PM

its just forever21 being an idiot keeps bugging people for vendors and because of him we might lose the thread's authenticity. what a crackhead

• Unfriendly x 4
  • dislike x 1

#194 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:47 PM

Ready yet boss? I finished my MS and close to finishing oRv. 

REAL MUSHROOMS:

Case in point as stated above:

...So back on track, do you know of any supplier who has a high quality product with high concentration of the active two families of organic compounds for NGF stimulation from Lion's Mane?...

Seriously. Do you know of a source? I think we would like to try it, take it around the block, give it a whirl. I'm game. 

Our Lions Mane product is just going into production right now but it is a water extract from fruiting bodies. At the moment, I believe this (pure fruiting body product) will be more beneficial than any mycelium on grain product. This is just my own conclusion based off starch/beta-glucan differences I've seen in fruiting body extracts vs mycelium on grain. 

Aside from us I'd recommend Oriveda, or potentially Mushroom Science. 

Nammex just recently published a good video explaining mycelium on grain: http://www.nammex.co...mycelium-grain/

Going forward, we are looking into sourcing pure liquid culture mycelium from China as well as attempting to quantify the hericinones and erinancines. Currently, we're one of the few companies measuring beta-glucans and triterpenes and one of the only companies measuring starch. We also measure cordycepin on our cordyceps which I haven't seen anyone else list. 

REAL MUSHROOMS: Is there a reason why ethanol / alcohol extraction is not being performed?

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2

#195 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:36 PM

I will not name a product, unless I was as sure as possible of the effect.

Took 1 dose 5 grams a day of a "20:1" powder for 4 weeks. I did not notice any positive effect. During that period, I did not do Transcranial LLLT treatments. I had a subjective decrease in name, and event recall, for whatever reason. I do not know the cause of my cognitive issues, but it could be way to many concussions since I was a child, medication side effects, or a repeat of other family members cognitive decline.

I have not given up on Lion's Mane, but will wait for a good amount of time, before trying one of the brands suggested here.

Good luck to all

Edited by Heisok, 06 June 2017 - 06:38 PM.

#196 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:12 PM

It takes 6 months.

Took 1 dose 5 grams a day of a "20:1" powder for 4 weeks. I did not notice any positive effect. During that period, I did not do Transcranial LLLT treatments. I had a subjective decrease in name, and event recall, for whatever reason. I do not know the cause of my cognitive issues, but it could be way to many concussions since I was a child, medication side effects, or a repeat of other family members cognitive decline.

I have not given up on Lion's Mane, but will wait for a good amount of time, before trying one of the brands suggested here.

Good luck to all

http://www.realmushr...rm-lm60-coa.pdf

Ready yet boss? I finished my MS and close to finishing oRv. 

• unsure x 1

#197 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:06 AM

how about 6 years? why not 6 years? this way the company can make the most profit, just state it takes 6 years to notice effects! im pretty sure if you didnt notice a single thing in 4 weeks, then its basically useless and you waste your money. like in comparison to caffeine or various medications out there, which can work in 1 minute, why waste money and time for anything that might show effect in 4 weeks or more?? so silly

Edited by hazy, 07 June 2017 - 12:11 AM.

• Ill informed x 1

#198 EFTANG

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:09 AM

It takes 6 months.

http://www.realmushr...rm-lm60-coa.pdf

In case you didn't notice, that's not a certificate of analysis, there's no laboratory mentioned on it and it is therefore not validated or reliable. It is just a spec sheet which you can make yourself.

No disrespect for realmushrooms though, they're among the best vendors, but they would be more reassuring if they would show actual coa's instead of spec sheets.

#199 EFTANG

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:14 AM

Good luck to all

it's not an extract or worth considering unless they guarantee active ingredients on the label. 20:1 means zip. Dry a mushroom and you already have 10:1. Double that number for marketing purposes (hell, who can check such a claim anyway ???) and wheel the money to the bank....

• Informative x 1

#200 Real Mushrooms

• 101 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:03 PM

In case you didn't notice, that's not a certificate of analysis, there's no laboratory mentioned on it and it is therefore not validated or reliable. It is just a spec sheet which you can make yourself.

No disrespect for realmushrooms though, they're among the best vendors, but they would be more reassuring if they would show actual coa's instead of spec sheets.

A spec sheet has specifications only. A CoA has your specifications with test results showing that you meet your specifications. The majority of manufacturing companies have multiple labs doing multiple different tests with multiple CoA's for each test. All the different CoA's get amalgamated into a single CoA. This is very common practise.

Ex. http://www.alohamedi...s_biologico.pdf

A spec sheet has specifications only. A CoA has your specifications with test results showing that you meet your specifications. The majority of manufacturing companies have multiple labs doing multiple different tests with multiple CoA's for each test. All the different CoA's get amalgamated into a single CoA. This is very common practise.

#201 Real Mushrooms

• 101 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:08 PM

#202 Real Mushrooms

• 101 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:00 PM

#203 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:04 PM

whats with the repeats in the posts....

#204 EFTANG

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:00 PM

I don't agree at all. The chance you get some doctored 'Certificate of Analysis' is huge. The one you are linking to is a great example. If that was an actual COA it would be a great product, but it is fabricated from the ground up, as was proven in Nammex's tests of some time ago. The numbers just don't add up. Aloha Cordyceps is high in starch and low in beta-glucan.

They also are using their own invented test methods - I mean "AMI"  what is that ? Aloha Medicinals Improvisation ?  

Of course everybody should follow their own feeling, but I personally want to be able to call / write the lab and request a verification of the COA. Based on the amount of lies and deceit that are common in supplement country...  

Ever seen this broadcast about dry labbing ? 

• Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#205 Real Mushrooms

• 101 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:15 PM

Oh wth. I kept getting a PHP error when posting so I didn't think it went through.

Edited by Real Mushrooms, 07 June 2017 - 06:43 PM.

#206 chipdouglas

• 218 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:19 PM

Vlad : The link you provided is very concerning and yet I'm not at all surprised by the findings. Thanks for posting as it is very interesting. 

#207 chipdouglas

• 218 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:21 PM

Oh wth. I kept getting errors when posting so I didn't think it went through.

I keep getting errors as well, so you're correct about this. 

#208 Real Mushrooms

• 101 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:42 PM

I don't agree at all. The chance you get some doctored 'Certificate of Analysis' is huge. The one you are linking to is a great example. If that was an actual COA it would be a great product, but it is fabricated from the ground up, as was proven in Nammex's tests of some time ago. The numbers just don't add up. Aloha Cordyceps is high in starch and low in beta-glucan.

They also are using their own invented test methods - I mean "AMI"  what is that ? Aloha Medicinals Improvisation ?  

Of course everybody should follow their own feeling, but I personally want to be able to call / write the lab and request a verification of the COA. Based on the amount of lies and deceit that are common in supplement country...  

Yup I've seen all that.

Lab testing information is private and they will not give out the results of their customers.

The only way to verify it is to send it to a lab yourself.

#209 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:11 PM

wHEN ARE YOU getting it tho. how come 1/3rd the cost of oRv

Yup I've seen all that.

Lab testing information is private and they will not give out the results of their customers.

The only way to verify it is to send it to a lab yourself.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#210 Real Mushrooms

• 101 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:26 PM

wHEN ARE YOU getting it tho. how come 1/3rd the cost of oRv

When are we getting what?

If you have any questions about our products, feel free to contact us directly via our website.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lions mane, nootropic, nootropics, ngf, brain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users