- - - - -

what happened to area-1255?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:45 PM

im sure every long term member of this forum knows area-1255 and his sometimes flamboyant ways of discussing various health problems and solving them with herbs and drugs, but i noticed he is no longer available on this forum and i wonder did he get banned and why? he was quite the wacky character and always had something intriguing to add to the convos so im confused as to why he is banned, any help?

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:01 PM

He was definitely enthusiastic and entertaining, but he ended up being banned because he was using most of his posts to as "advertising" for his blog and indirectly for some supplement providers. That is not allowed here. He was banned for a short term and when he came back, he did the same thing.

He seemed to be a nice fellow, and smart about supplements, but we can't let the forum be degraded by spam and viral marketing. Even though most of the discussions revolve around supps/noos, LongeCity's non-profit mission is to essentially end aging. That is why LongeCity spends most if its revenue on research.

• Agree x 2
  • unsure x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#3 normalizing

• Topic Starter
  • 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:29 PM

can you please unban area-1255, he admitted he never meant to advertise and it was some misunderstanding. he is confused as to what "viral marketing" he was doing too. there must be a misunderstanding here as i have not seen such either. ill vouch for him, if he fails again, ban me and him again perm for life if you wish.

• Agree x 2
  • Disagree x 2
  • Cheerful x 1

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:28 AM

There were other issues with Area. He had multiple sock puppet accounts, got into a war with a valued member, and seriously abused the ratings system. Kinda broke every rule in the book.
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#5 normalizing

• Topic Starter
  • 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:48 PM

i see. im not aware of all wrong doings he has done on here, but i see it from bringing entertainment and most importantly substance to this forum that i miss him.

there should be some other way to limit his abuse power on the forum and yet still have people like him be able to contribute, entertain but in restricted sections with minimum access to most other parts of the forum have no ability to use ratings etc. something of this nature kind of like a caste

• Ill informed x 2
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#6 Tubzy

• 91 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:47 PM

I can vouch for area. He is a cool guy and very helpful. I think you should give him another chance.
  • Agree x 4
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#7 owtsgmi

• 162 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:55 PM

He writes exactly like ScienceGuy.  Methinks they are the same.

• Good Point x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#8 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:43 PM

I hate to say it but he's a scammer who is marketing on his blog various fake products and getting people to vouch for him. Not only this but he also seems to be "friends" with some very bad guys, heavy drug users and so on. He fits the "untrustworthy drug user" or "slimy snake" persona.

Yes, his blogs do have good info on various things, I agree. And yes, he has made good posts. But maybe only to make money or deal/buy drugs? Maybe his "help" is just a facade for something more sinister.

• Needs references x 2
  • Well Written x 1
  • dislike x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users