- - - - -

Russian nootropics from Russian point of view

russia semax selank

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 turchin

• 59 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:28 PM

I live in Moscow and I want to share some of my consideration about nootropic landscape in Russia.

Some popular in the west compounds are illegal in Russia, and for a good reason.

1 Diphenhydramine, aka Moltrin PM which is OTC in US but it is illegal in Russia as it is often abused for hallucination.
2 Tianeptine was legal in Russia until it occured that it is not only good AD but dangerous addictive substance with many deaths. Now illegal. 
3 Baklofen - almost the same, strictly by prescription, large potential for abuse.

New Russian compounds: noopept, semax, selank, phenotropil. In general I take very sceptical any testing which was done Russia or former SU. I know that they are often corrupted for commercial interests of sellers and not strictly controlled. Even if they have results, the safety side is not tested very much. They are often rather small. I tested many of these russian compounds, in general they don’t have sustainable positive results. They will probably will never get FDA approval, if they were strictly tested. Even if they works, nobody knows why and how.
I am now on personal selank test now, have some positive feelings in term of clarity, but not sure if it is placebo effect.

I didn't try ladasten and fenibut.

Some may think that Russia is nootropic wonderland, and some resellers may help to create this illusion. In fact, I did nootropic tourism to US, where you could order many new compounds which are in clinical trials now and are reasonably safe. It is not possible or risky to oder them if you are in Russia as they consider any white powder as a illegal drug on customs. 

Modafinil and many other stims are strictly illegal in Russia.

I also prefer to buy foreign nootropil as it may be cleaner. I can buy it OTC. There are also many useful stuff OTC, including enerion, yohimbine etc.

Any questions?

Edited by turchin, 15 March 2016 - 07:29 PM.

• Informative x 3
  • unsure x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • like x 1

#2 PalmAnita

• 97 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:37 PM

Hmm, think I agree with you, but the main problem is that the approval / regulation practices of the leading countries overall are far from being optimal or even practical with the recent incredible increase in scientific knowledge and all, but we're still using laws and procedures that are decades old and things won't get better anytime soon. This is why people have to go unconventional routes and end up with various oppositing information and untested compounds ... 

Besides that, Emoxypine is a real winner with huge potential for all the ADHD people out there taking methylphenidate and suffering from dopamine rebounds..

Questions ... hmm, would be interesting to know the real prices of the Russian nootropics. 

Edited by dopamimetiq, 17 March 2016 - 07:42 PM.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Didinage

• 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:10 AM

I also live in Moscow and cannot fully agree with you. There is not much difference between addicting/safety properties of russian-native and outside- made compounds.
Phenibut and baclofen are both addictive and more harmful, than beneficial; so does every BZP prescribed for in US.
Tianeptine was somewhat occasionally banned several years ago: there was toxic constituent in tablets that caused necrosis when abused intravenously.
Semax and selank are amazing compunds, and I am glad to have them in OTC aviability.

#4 turchin

• Topic Starter
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:28 AM

Most available noots are rather cheap, especially after recent ruble crash. I just bought selank for 7 USD a bottle.

Emoxypine I never consider really strong - I has some results but they quickly vanished. I read it is a form of https://en.wikipedia...i/Succinic_acid which occurs naturally in the body. May be will try new trail.

Phenilpiracetam may work because it converts into amphetamine by one of reaction chains. Discussion on Russian here: http://superhimik.li...com/87384.html 

Noopept sucks. 

#5 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:33 AM

so tianeptine was banned only because people over there were abusing it as IV instead of opiates?

#6 turchin

• Topic Starter
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:13 AM

No, some people abused it orally too as it gives euphoria, and they got dependence, tolerance and so on. Read couple of cases. 

Also read of dangers of levodopa. 

so tianeptine was banned only because people over there were abusing it as IV instead of opiates?

#7 PalmAnita

• 97 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 March 2016 - 05:43 PM

Emoxypine is an analogue of pyridoxine (vitamin B6) - taken alone I didn't feel anything indeed, but discovered by coincidence that it almost completely abolishes the rebound and hangover of dopaminergic stimulants in therapeutic dosages like methyl / isopropylphenidate. So the effect against dopamine oxidation is real and over time this might well have a robust effect against stress etc. but one won't notice it because there are no acute effects.

Tianeptine is a full opioid agonist when taken in very high dosages, maybe roughly equally to codeine in potency (?). An interesting one, as it doesn't seem to depress respiration - but that's another thing. 

--

So I'm right in that these vendors are astronomically over-priced (okay, what surprise). 

Anyone living in Russia interested in earning some money by re-selling a few things for better conditions? I'd take emoxypine, selank and maybe more.. ;)

Edited by dopamimetiq, 18 March 2016 - 05:46 PM.

#8 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 March 2016 - 08:28 PM

Emoxypine is an analogue of pyridoxine (vitamin B6) - taken alone I didn't feel anything indeed, but discovered by coincidence that it almost completely abolishes the rebound and hangover of dopaminergic stimulants in therapeutic dosages like methyl / isopropylphenidate. So the effect against dopamine oxidation is real and over time this might well have a robust effect against stress etc. but one won't notice it because there are no acute effects.

Tianeptine is a full opioid agonist when taken in very high dosages, maybe roughly equally to codeine in potency (?). An interesting one, as it doesn't seem to depress respiration - but that's another thing. 

--

So I'm right in that these vendors are astronomically over-priced (okay, what surprise). 

Anyone living in Russia interested in earning some money by re-selling a few things for better conditions? I'd take emoxypine, selank and maybe more.. ;)

Someone is re-selling them already:
https://cosmicnootropic.com/

They seem fairly cheap, but maybe with the value of the Ruble they are making great margins now.

#9 112358134

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:24 PM

Hey guys,

I'm actually the owner of the aforementioned website: https://cosmicnootropic.com/ 

It is still pretty weird to see nootropics having this vibe of research chemicals. I believe that by default they should be used according to drug facts and not according to common anecdotal reports, so we will get a neurologist on with vast clinical experience in prescribing nootropics, as soon as we have volume large enough to make it possible.

And you guys are right. The 2014 rouble crisis enabled us to offer brand-name nootropics at prices twice lower than they were before. Rupharma, which is my main competitor, had to decrease their prices by about 1/3, since I opened. Unfortunately, now the situation is a little bit worse than what I planned, as the ruble was the currency that appreciated the most to the dollar over last 5 months: from 86 RUB/USD to 65 RUB/USD right now...

The margins are fairly high but consider that we use PayPal Merchant Account card processing (4%), have to exchange currency (3%), pay taxes (7%), and also cover delivery costs, which are 25 USD, as we use fast expedited delivery most of the time.

If you bother to read how I started, here's the link:

http://www.longecity...discount/page-2

And here's the page about us: https://cosmicnootro.../pages/about-us

#10 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2016 - 01:05 AM

ololoman what would you recommend for benzodiazepine withdrawl

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 112358134

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:09 PM

Tapering down.

But doing this SLOWLY.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: russia, semax, selank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users