• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#181 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:43 AM

A trial with oleuropein in MCT oil:

One half teaspoon oleuropein in C60/MCT oil was better than the mix without oleuropein, at least from anaerobic performance, but the difference was minor. I did have an unusual amount of muscle aches later on. The next day I took a full teaspoon that I’d irradiated for ten seconds the day before. This produced a feeling of fatigue and even worse aches. I don’t see any reason to try oleuropein again.

Taste was bad, but not terrible.
Color was of burned motor oil. Unattractive.

This was a teaspoon dose, with both C60 and oleuropein at max solubility—nominally 6-7 mg/ml oleuropein, but the solubility may be less than this. Oleuropein is the major polyphenol present in olive oil, so that’s another reason to move to another C60 solvent.

Next up: a trial with HT + CoQ10 in MCT oil.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#182 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:02 AM

Would you mind providing an update as to your source and dose of HT? And correct me if I'm wrong, but you just dump it in with the C60 powder prior to centrifuge, right? Good luck with oleuropein...

See my post #128. You might leave off the E as I couldn't tell it was doing anything (the Baati oil had a lot of E), and I'd dissolve the C60 first as the Olea 25 is 75% inert and the insoluble ingredients trap C60 crystals and prevent them from dissolving. Anyway, it's convenient to have a base mix of just C60 in MCT oil, then you can experiment with additives. As for your mention of a centrifuge, I am not centrifuging the mix, as it is so inviscid that residual particles generally fall out. I'm no longer filtering either, as MCT oil attacks my filter material, and the chief researcher on the Baati paper was of the opinion that filtering wasn't necessary..

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#183 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:45 PM

See my post #128. You might leave off the E as I couldn't tell it was doing anything (the Baati oil had a lot of E), and I'd dissolve the C60 first as the Olea 25 is 75% inert and the insoluble ingredients trap C60 crystals and prevent them from dissolving. Anyway, it's convenient to have a base mix of just C60 in MCT oil, then you can experiment with additives. As for your mention of a centrifuge, I am not centrifuging the mix, as it is so inviscid that residual particles generally fall out. I'm no longer filtering either, as MCT oil attacks my filter material, and the chief researcher on the Baati paper was of the opinion that filtering wasn't necessary..

Well if it's any consolation, I've been consuming unfiltered c60oo for a year without incident. I usually see a tiny amount of undissolved C60 on the bottom, which I've consumed. I don't notice any particular differences with filtered brands.

OK I will add the 0.5 mg/mL Olea25 after stirring for a few days with a stir bar. (This is what I meant by "centrifuging".)

I agree that a c60mct base mix would be more convenient, but how does it need to be stored? Fridge? Freezer? Any clue how long it would keep (obviously not longer than than the date on the MCT bottle)?

#184 Graviton

• 150 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:50 PM

Turnbuckle, which hydroxytyrosol supplement company do you use? Can you link the web-site or amazon link? I asked this before, but you mentioned your previous post, but I couldn't find the information about the filler and supplement company that you purchase from.

#185 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:06 PM

An Experiment with C60 & Vitamin E

The type of olive oil used in the original rat trial was notable in having high levels of E, and it is possible that E is an active ingredient.

Note: I added far more E than likely necessary to make sure I got an effect, but I didn’t give it much time to react.

Acetate form

80 mg/ml d-alpha tocopheryl acetate to MCT oil with max C60 content (around .7 mg/ml)

Shaken in an amber bottle and allowed to sit in the dark for 4 hours.

Result: ½ teaspoon → virtually nil.

This is not surprising as the acetate form is rather unreactive. This is also what I used before, and likely why I saw no advantage to it.

Non acetate form

Same base C60 mix, but with mixed tocopheryls at the same overall concentration—

d-alpha tocopheryl + d-gamma, d-delta, and d-beta forms (Solgar brand)

Shaken in an amber bottle and allowed to sit in the dark for 4 hours.

Result: ½ teaspoon → good effect on exercise, about equal to 1 tsp of C60 + CoQ10 with no irradiation.

No jittery feeling, but huge effect on blood pressure. This lasted 24 hrs and required 4x the usual hypertension medication to bring it down.

Overall—

Non-acetate tocopheryls are very interesting, but 80 mg/ml E is too high. Maybe ten times too high. Maybe a hundred. While E is said to jazz up the heart (according to Evan Shute, M.D), I’d never had this reaction before, so C60 seems to potentiate the effect.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 03 December 2016 - 08:07 PM.

• Informative x 5

#186 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:05 AM

A friend of mine who has been making c60oo homebrew for a year swapped out the EVOO for MCT. The result looks like the attached after 7 days stirring in the dark with access to air (although the beaker was covered in plastic wrap). So in other words, we reproduced Turnbuckle's experiment successfully, minus the additives. This is Now Sports MCT with about 0.8 mg/mL C60. At least, the color is as expected.

Both of us took it. He noticed nothing after a day. (He never responded in any way to c60oo, either.) The only thing I noticed, having taken it half an hour ago on a full stomach, is that, unlike c60oo, it didn't burn my throat, probably due to the absence of polyphenols. That's why adding HT is probably the right thing to do, although I haven't tried it yet.

For the record, I have no intention to add vitamin E, as I see it as useless at best, considering the stability of MCT at room temperature. (I will still freeze most of the product except for the current few week's supply I'm drinking.) Nevertheless I understand why Turnbuckle tried it, in order to be as consistent as possible with the original c60oo recipe.

Attached Files

Edited by resveratrol_guy, 09 December 2016 - 05:08 AM.

#187 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:03 AM

A friend of mine who has been making c60oo homebrew for a year swapped out the EVOO for MCT. The result looks like the attached after 7 days stirring in the dark with access to air (although the beaker was covered in plastic wrap). So in other words, we reproduced Turnbuckle's experiment successfully, minus the additives. This is Now Sports MCT with about 0.8 mg/mL C60. At least, the color is as expected.

Both of us took it. He noticed nothing after a day. (He never responded in any way to c60oo, either.) The only thing I noticed, having taken it half an hour ago on a full stomach, is that, unlike c60oo, it didn't burn my throat, probably due to the absence of polyphenols. That's why adding HT is probably the right thing to do, although I haven't tried it yet.

For the record, I have no intention to add vitamin E, as I see it as useless at best, considering the stability of MCT at room temperature. (I will still freeze most of the product except for the current few week's supply I'm drinking.) Nevertheless I understand why Turnbuckle tried it, in order to be as consistent as possible with the original c60oo recipe.

I, like you, get nothing obvious out of C60/MCT with no additives. You can experiment by placing the dosage you want in a small bottle with a small amount of the additive for 4 hours to overnight. With vitamin E, I cut it back to one drop per 5 ml, and half a teaspoon still raised my blood pressure. So obviously it is combining with the C60 as that much E would normally do nothing. Those without hypertension might not have this problem. 

BTW: I can't tell from the picture what sort of container this is. I hope it is glass as MCT oil is very good at dissolving plastics.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 09 December 2016 - 11:04 AM.

#188 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:33 AM

I, like you, get nothing obvious out of C60/MCT with no additives. You can experiment by placing the dosage you want in a small bottle with a small amount of the additive for 4 hours to overnight. With vitamin E, I cut it back to one drop per 5 ml, and half a teaspoon still raised my blood pressure. So obviously it is combining with the C60 as that much E would normally do nothing. Those without hypertension might not have this problem. 

BTW: I can't tell from the picture what sort of container this is. I hope it is glass as MCT oil is very good at dissolving plastics.

So it sounds like the short term positive effects are due to HT, and you're really just taking c60mct for the long term effects. That makes some sense, but if that's true, then taking a spoonful of EVOO should give the same pop as a spoonful of c60oo. It does not, for me at least.

Yes, that container is glass. Good point.

#189 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:17 AM

So it sounds like the short term positive effects are due to HT, and you're really just taking c60mct for the long term effects. That makes some sense, but if that's true, then taking a spoonful of EVOO should give the same pop as a spoonful of c60oo. It does not, for me at least.

Yes, that container is glass. Good point.

It appears that C60 has a free pass into the mitochondria, and it also appears that C60 can drag adducts into the mitochondria with it. Thus the effects of a very small amount of Vitamin E, HT, or CoQ10 can  be greatly magnified. With the exposure of  C60 to red light--discussed on another thread--the number of adducts appears to increase. Certainly the effect appears to increase, though it is not a clean effect, as C60 activated by red light seems capable of breaking up triglycerides and reacting with the free acids.

How much of the longevity effect of C60 is due to C60 itself and how much is due to its ability to take things into mitochondria is an unanswered question, but I expect it is more the latter than the former.

#190 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:16 AM

It appears that C60 has a free pass into the mitochondria, and it also appears that C60 can drag adducts into the mitochondria with it. Thus the effects of a very small amount of Vitamin E, HT, or CoQ10 can  be greatly magnified. With the exposure of  C60 to red light--discussed on another thread--the number of adducts appears to increase. Certainly the effect appears to increase, though it is not a clean effect, as C60 activated by red light seems capable of breaking up triglycerides and reacting with the free acids.

How much of the longevity effect of C60 is due to C60 itself and how much is due to its ability to take things into mitochondria is an unanswered question, but I expect it is more the latter than the former.

So you answered my next question, which is why you bother with the trouble of adding HT instead of just swallowing a tablespoon of EVOO everyday.

But your hypothesis is kind of tenuous, because while C60 can surely act as an "adduct magnet", there's no reason to assume that those adducts could then eventually detach from it and thus float freely inside the mitochondrion. For instance, I could imagine vitamin E bonding to one of the carbons and hitching a ride through the mitochondrial pores, but then why would it detach at any particular time after arrival there? One plausible answer would be that C60 is extremely stable on a quantum level, so the overwhelming probability is that a molecule will detach at the same carbon at which it previously attached, as opposed to cracking off a piece of the cage along with it, or breaking the adduct somewhere in the middle.

In my view, the efficacy of c60oo, and presumably c60mct, is simply due to a bunch of OH "spikes" that bond to the cage, and squelch free radicals close to their source, thereby preempting the more systemic propagation of oxidation events. But maybe I'm totally wrong. Why do you think your hypothesis is more likely than mine?

The whole red light issue is even more incredible to me. I just seems like short exposures would be so insignificant, not to mention the question of optimal band profile. But then, maybe if one consumed the oil immediately after exposure, the resulting adducts would remain attached to the cage long enough to enter the mitochrondia pursuant to oral dosing. If your theory of adduct hitchhiking were in fact correct, then these concepts would jointly explain what you observed in your own testing.

• Ill informed x 2

#191 Captain Obvious

• 82 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:36 AM

Just to point out the obvious, it seems to me that most of the "evidence" in this and other related threads is purely anecdotal and not very precise even at that. 

Anecdotal evidence is certainly interesting but without a study size of more than one person, very carefully measured input parameters (including blood values and other physiological measurements, diet, sleep, other supplements, amount of exercise, even ambient temperature) and output parameter  it's nearly impossible to tell which changes in ones physical condition or exercise endurance are due to C60 supplementation, which are due to other reasons and what is simply placebo.

As someone who practices a regular strength training routine it's difficult enough for me to know why on some days I can lift more than on other days. Sometimes I can blame it on lack of sleep or not eating enough, but on other times it seems almost random (which of course it mostly likely is not). To actually find any significant factors I would have to measure my weight, diet, training times, weights (basically everything) for several months at least, put everything in a spreadsheet and see if there's any actual correlation.

As long as we don't have peer-reviewed animal studies (or carefully constructed human trials) indicating that adding anything to C60-EVOO or consuming C60-MCT oil has life-extending properties, I will base my own supplementation mostly on the Baati et al. study. and the fact that nobody here has so far poisoned themselves (acutely at least) with the stuff.

Edited by Captain Obvious, 18 December 2016 - 09:43 AM.

• Good Point x 2

#192 YOLF

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:13 PM

I have to disagree/mutiny Captain Obvious. In my experience, self testing can be confusing at first, but yields to increasingly accurate subjection. I've taken somewhere around 200 different supplements and I'm now able to use them for all sorts of determinations and eventually leads to self correction of past misunderstandings, and to finding effective supplements faster and without getting snagged by latest gimmicks.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Agree x 1

#193 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:02 PM

there's no reason to assume that those adducts could then eventually detach from it and thus float freely inside the mitochondrion. 

You are making an assumption that the adducts are nonfunctional and have to be detached. Plenty of C60 adducts have been studied that have biological effects.

The whole red light issue is even more incredible to me. I just seems like short exposures would be so insignificant, not to mention the question of optimal band profile. But then, maybe if one consumed the oil immediately after exposure, the resulting adducts would remain attached to the cage long enough to enter the mitochrondia pursuant to oral dosing. If your theory of adduct hitchhiking were in fact correct, then these concepts would jointly explain what you observed in your own testing.

I linked to a paper on the first post of the red light thread. If you had read it you might not think it so incredible. And again, you are assuming that these adducts have to be released to be functional. There is one paper that examined C60 epoxides, for instance. It showed that the antioxidant power of C60 went up with the number of oxygen atoms bound to it, with n=2 > n=1 > n=0

• Ill informed x 1

#194 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:13 PM

As long as we don't have peer-reviewed animal studies (or carefully constructed human trials) indicating that adding anything to C60-EVOO or consuming C60-MCT oil has life-extending properties, I will base my own supplementation mostly on the Baati et al. study. and the fact that nobody here has so far poisoned themselves (acutely at least) with the stuff.

Five years have passed and no studies have been published on the effect of C60/EVOO in olive oil, thus no one can say if it works for humans--a situation that will probably continue indefinitely. Nor have any more rat studies been done (at least not properly) with the exception of KMoody, who found that C60/EVOO from one vendor (SES) caused cancer. So if you are risk adverse, you should stay away from C60 altogether. 

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#195 Huckfinn

• 103 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:43 AM

Hi Turnbuckle,
I understand that ".... found that C60/EVOO from one vendor (SES) caused cancer. So if you are risk adverse..."
But, what is your "gut feeling" about it?
For example I, as others do, take 1 teaspoon of C60OO/day.
Do you Suspect it might be dangerous?

#196 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:25 PM

Hi Turnbuckle,
I understand that ".... found that C60/EVOO from one vendor (SES) caused cancer. So if you are risk adverse..."
But, what is your "gut feeling" about it?
For example I, as others do, take 1 teaspoon of C60OO/day.
Do you Suspect it might be dangerous?

I think if it is prepared correctly and is fresh, it is not likely a problem. However, if it is exposed to light or heat or is allowed to sit on the shelf for months, it will go bad. SES was (and maybe still is) using sonic energy to dissolve it, and had the unjustified idea it would last three years on the shelf. So their product caused cancer in rats, and that's not surprising. But there was another trial here (a sloppy one without controls) that tested the actual oil from the original researchers, and lo, it also caused cancer. That sample of oil was apparently some years old, and the pictures posted of it showed that it looked very different from the oil as prepared. Using oil that old is like finding a bottle of vitamins that have swollen with moisture and turned black, and taking them in the hope of living longer. 

That said, is taking it every day a good idea? I think not. C60 oil appears to jack up the functioning of mitochondria, and that is great in the short term, but what does that do to the body's mito quality control? In that process, poorly functioning mitochondria are tagged for destruction, but what if their dysfunction is hidden by C60? Then they won't be destroyed and will instead duplicate their mutant DNA, and the population will drift into a dependency on C60. So taking breaks would seem a good idea with C60, just as it is for a lot of things.

As for storage, amber bottles are not good enough, in my opinion. They allow red light in, and red light causes C60 to become chemically active. So I store my oil in 8 oz amber bottles inside black ziplock baggies (foil bags would also be good), and keep most of it in the freezer.

I prepare my own and now use MCT oil in preference to the unstable and variable olive oil. With MCT oil as a starting point, one can then add supplements that appear to form adducts with C60 (as components of olive oil apparently do). CoQ10, hydroxytyrosol, and Vitamin E can be added at low levels, and all seem to improve exercise performance over the base oil. Using vitamin E, however, is potentially dangerous for those with hypertension, as one dose can raise blood pressure for many days or weeks. 

Edited by Turnbuckle, 19 December 2016 - 12:48 PM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Well Written x 1
  • dislike x 1

#197 longévité

• 8 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:29 AM

I prepare my own and now use MCT oil in preference to the unstable and variable olive oil. With MCT oil as a starting point, one can then add supplements that appear to form adducts with C60 (as components of olive oil apparently do). CoQ10, hydroxytyrosol, and Vitamin E can be added at low levels, and all seem to improve exercise performance over the base oil. 

Turnbuckle: Have you considered using Algae Oil instead? https://www.amazon.c...1C7SGOWU?th=1  

A teaspoon of Thrive Algae oil provides the same amount of monounsaturated fats as a whole avocado with only 0.5g saturated fat per serving (75% less than olive oil).  I came across this amazing cooking oil after reading that it is being used in the latest SOYLENT formula: http://upstart.bizjo...a.html?page=all

I'm curious if you think it might make a better C60 solvent than olive or MCT oil? I don't know what the Polyphenol content is.  An interesting but unscientific post comparing Coconut Oil and Thrive: http://stylecaster.c...auty/algae-oil/

Edited by longévité, 23 December 2016 - 06:47 AM.

#198 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:36 AM

Turnbuckle: Have you considered using Algae Oil instead? https://www.amazon.c...1C7SGOWU?th=1  

Replacing one unsaturated oil with another doesn't gain anything. I went to MCT oil because it is saturated and thus more stable than unsaturated oils. It also has no polyphenols or other components, and therefore doesn't have the variability of natural products. 

• Good Point x 2
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Agree x 1

#199 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:30 AM

I linked to a paper on the first post of the red light thread. If you had read it you might not think it so incredible. And again, you are assuming that these adducts have to be released to be functional. There is one paper that examined C60 epoxides, for instance. It showed that the antioxidant power of C60 went up with the number of oxygen atoms bound to it, with n=2 > n=1 > n=0

You're right: I didn't read it because the link didn't work. Here it is below in case it works for anyone else:

https://www.scienced...021979715000326

From the abstract that you quoted ("Four light sources were evaluated, specifically: a 633 nm, 4 mW, HeNe laser, a 100 W, Mercury UV-A (365 nm) lamp, a high intensity white light, and ambient laboratory light (detailed in Section S3). The most effective light source was found to be the red laser source, with the highest irradiance") the only implication is that laser light would be quite effective at creating fullerene oxide, although in the absence of the paper I'm left to speculate whether ambient red light would actually matter enough to make a difference. Probably not. I'm OK with that for the moment, while I'm still testing the effects of plain vanilla c60mct. I do keep it in an amber bottle in a dark cabinet, but I haven't gone out of my way to block stray light, especially during stirring or dosing when the ambient brightness is maximal. Ideally, I'd rather follow your advice and keep things completely blacked out, but I don't think it's practical, especially when travelling. I haven't noticed any negative effects, and rather the opposite, but it's a tradeoff I've decided to live with. There's a more fundamental issue, as well, which is that just like in EVOO, C60 dissolves slowly in MCT over several days, so illumination is necessary to ascertain the degree of dissolution. (I guess I could try a red illuminator, although of course white light shows fine particulate better.) In my first batch, it took a long time for the oil to settle down enough for me to realize that there was a significant quantity of undissolved C60 on the bottom. (I don't filter, if it's not obvious.)

Edited by resveratrol_guy, 02 January 2017 - 05:36 AM.

#200 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

I haven't noticed any negative effects, and rather the opposite...

I have noticed this as well with MCT oil and various additives like CoQ10. Red light exposure seems to enhance the effect on exercise, though it also produces a slightly unpleasant feeling that increases with exposure. Likely a variety of C60 adducts are being produced with a spectrum of biological effects, some that are likely to be negative. I've also noticed this by bubbling oxygen through a C60/EVOO mix. At first the mix seemed stronger than usual, then that faded with time and became worse. So the takeaway is that C60 is highly reactive, and the chemistry and biological activity will tend to drift with time with both light and oxygen. 

As for protecting bottles while traveling, there are black zip lock bags available from Amazon, which will also provide secondary containment in case the bottle leaks. The most secure container would be metal. These are hard to find retail, but McMaster Carr carries them. See here. Also SKS. I've ordered a case each of the 80 and 250 ml sizes from SKS, but haven't gotten them yet.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 02 January 2017 - 10:37 AM.

• Informative x 2
  • like x 1

#201 Rbauer@AxiosNutra

• 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:46 PM

Attached File  HT and post exercise brachial arhtery flow.pdf   562.73KB   6 downloads

Another data point--adding hydroxytyrosol to EVOO to artificially increase its natural phenolic content. 

I first tried a dose of 50 mg hydroxytyrosol without olive oil and found that it gave me a definite boost after about half an hour. While running, I found breathing to be even lighter than with C60EVOO, though this may be an additive effect as I took a dose of C60EVOO several days ago. Next step is to mix it in with already prepared C60/EVOO, and then separately to co-mix it with C60 into a new batch. We'll see if it is soluble enough--the oil solubility isn't high unless it forms adducts with C60.

Hydroxytyrosol is known to have life extension properties for cultured cells--

Chronological lifespan (CLS) is defined as the duration of quiescence in which normal cells retain the capacity to reenter the proliferative cycle. This study investigates whether hydroxytyrosol (HT), a naturally occurring polyphenol found in olives, extends CLS in normal human fibroblasts (NHFs). Quiescent NHFs cultured for a long duration (30–60 days) lose their capacity to repopulate. Approximately 60% of these cells exit the cell cycle permanently; a significant increase in the doubling time of the cell population was observed. CLS was extended in quiescent NHFs that were cultured in the presence of HT for 30–60 days. HT-induced extension of CLS was associated with an approximately 3-fold increase in manganese superoxide dismutase (MnSOD) activity while there was no change in copper–zinc superoxide dismutase, catalase, or glutathione peroxidase protein levels. Quiescent NHFs overexpressing a dominant-negative mutant form of MnSOD failed to extend CLS. HT suppressed age-associated increase in mitochondrial ROS levels. Results from spectroscopy assays indicate that HT in the presence of peroxidases can undergo catechol–semiquinone–quinone redox cycling generating superoxide, which in a cellular context can activate the antioxidant system, e.g., MnSOD expression. These results demonstrate that HT extends CLS by increasing MnSOD activity and decreasing age-associated mitochondrial reactive oxygen species accumulation.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3260369/

• Informative x 1

#202 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:56 PM

The consistent peppery bite in the back of the throat from Vaughter Wellness C60OO -- is indicative of a high oleocanthal content.

This may explain why many people (including myself) have experienced significant positive effects from VW C60 OO.

Furthermore,

oleocanthal itself has been idfentified as both anti-cancer and anti-alzheimers

https://www.oliveoil...revention/57220

methinks your hypothesis may just have some legs sir Turnbuckle.

Edited by sensei, 16 November 2017 - 09:56 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#203 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:05 PM

Kelsey Moody says it is near impossible to develop an FDA approved therapeutic product from C60 and olive oil, or pretty much any other plant based oil because it is near impossible to make a consistent pure product. All the little "things" that make olive oil and coconut oil great for health, make those oils bad for creating a standardized product/supplement. You can listen to the in-depth discussion here: http://www.longecity...utics/?p=833514

#204 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:26 AM

Kelsey Moody says it is near impossible to develop an FDA approved therapeutic product from C60 and olive oil, or pretty much any other plant based oil because it is near impossible to make a consistent pure product. All the little "things" that make olive oil and coconut oil great for health, make those oils bad for creating a standardized product/supplement. You can listen to the in-depth discussion here: http://www.longecity...utics/?p=833514

That's Orwellian doublespeak for -- "Unless we can create a patent-able analogue of a naturally occurring substance; that we can unequivocally prove does not occur in nature, it is worthless for us to pursue development of a natural based product."

SCOTUS (The Supreme Court of the United States) has ruled that you cannot patent naturally occurring substances.

And it is a bald faced LIE to say " it is near impossible to make a consistent pure product from plant based materials "

Vanillin is a naturally occurring substance.  It is produced within the vanilla bean.

100% pure vanillin can be synthetically produced from lignin and or eugenol, and other substances.

In 1876, Karl Reimer synthesized vanillin (2) from guaiacol (1).[7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanillin

(lignin and eugenol are plant based products as is vanillin)

Not to mention quinine -- a plant based material that is FDA approved to treat malaria.

Edited by sensei, 17 November 2017 - 02:35 AM.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#205 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:56 AM

And aspirin (it was originally extracted from willow bark). (aspirin is FDA approved)

Capsaicin - FDA approved  (that's what makes hot peppers, hot)

Do I really need to continue to list evidence that falsifies Kelsey's honestly BS assertion that " it is near impossible to develop an FDA approved therapeutic product from C60 and olive oil, or pretty much any other plant based oil because it is near impossible to make a consistent pure product." ?

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Agree x 1

#206 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:06 AM

Furthermore, Aging is not recognized as a disease.

Therefore, no FDA approval is required to market an compound as anti-aging (unless it is a cosmetic.

Buuuuttt!  if you can't patent something -- there is no profit motive.

Like I said -- double speak.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#207 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:16 PM

Given the same amount of irradiation, I'd expect the same triglyceride breakdown in olive oil as MCT oil. Olive oil is unlikely to smell to the same degree, however, as the free acids in olive oil have a much lower vapor pressure and don't have the inherent rancid smell. Actual oxidation of the oil ought to be worse, and that is far more likely with the unsaturated fatty acids of olive oil. And the oil is only one aspect. Oxidation of the C60 is another, and I doubt it is possible to remove enough oxygen to prevent that. 

C60 in MCT produces a purple color that is stable for months at least, while C60 in clear oils like almond oil produces the same purple color, but turns whiskey brown over a period of weeks or months, suggesting that the unsaturated components of almond oil (and olive oil as well) are reacting, while the saturated MCT oil does not react.

There are some 30 polyphenols in olive oil, and I've only tried HT so far. I will try oleuropein next. Though it is readily available, I had not tried it as it doesn't have the same rep as HT as an antioxidant.

I instinctively prefer to make C60 with a full range of the 36 natural polyphenols (PPS) found in in quality EVOO to get as many of the natural PPS's because it seems logical that some others of them, besides hydroxytyrosol (HT), confer other or just more benefits.

Just as Endoluten, the oral version of the natural peptide accompanied by full spectrum of other natural components outperformed the plain synthetic short amino chain for people in my age range, apparently there is more than the synthetic peptide in the full natural animal tissues.

This is true with epithalamin, the full natural source of epitalon, also. It significantly outperforms, Epitalon and Endoluten, likely because it contains the full spectrum of natural molecules (PPS's)  that accompany it in the animal gland.

This is a similar issue to choosing "natural" over "synthetic."

Using MCTs with an added PPS would seem to potential offer less beneficial effects than mixing EVOO with the full splay of PPS that EVOO contains.

So, rather than adding just hydroxytyrosol, olecanthal, oleorupin, etc... to MCT's, I've selected the highest PPS olive oil that I am aware, the DeCarlo Olio Extra Virgin di Oliva, 2017, with 885 ppm polyphenols for the batch that I am making.

I'm not worried about oxidation, because olive oil oxidizes slowly, and it will be stored in the dark in a freezer AND C60 is a tremendously potent protective antioxidant itself.

A question arises. What if I take what I am making and add hydroxytyrosol and perhaps another (or other) PPS's, such as olecanthal, oleorupin, etc... Is it possible that this formula could show improved effects?

Does it seem possible that using 885 ppm EVOO and adding extra PPS's to it would yield more of the desired beneficial activities, as it is the EVOO PPS adducts with C60 that produce the beneficial effects?

I have hydroxytyrosol, from INFINITY. I can add that and obtain other olive oil PPS's to "boost" the formula's effects.

Does anyone have any thoughts to share?

Thank you!

• Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1

#208 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:04 AM

I know oleocanthal itself is an extremely potent and selective anti-cancer compound

(-)-Oleocanthal rapidly and selectively induces cancer cell death via lysosomal membrane permeabilization.

"We investigated the effect of OC on human cancer cell lines in culture and found that OC induced cell death in all cancer cells examined as rapidly as 30 minutes after treatment in the absence of serum. OC treatment of non-transformed cells suppressed their proliferation but did not cause cell death. OC induced both primary necrotic and apoptotic cell death via induction of lysosomal membrane permeabilization (LMP). "

#209 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:11 AM

Marie Calment was purported to have literally doused everything she ate in olive oil

AND

Ate a kilogram of dark chocolate a week

That is a lot of anti-oxidants and polyphenols

• Agree x 1

#210 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:29 PM

I'm not sure if it's been previously discussed in this thread, but the original C60 paper by Baati appeared to demonstrate longevity effects that might have been by olive oil alone.  This paper and the work by the Brunet Lab points to unique life extension properties of MUFAs.  It may not be the polyphenols, but MUFAs themselves where there is some communication between germline cells and the intestine that are involved in a deficiency of the H3K4me3 methyltransferase (compass chromatin complex) in germline cells and fat accumulation in the intestine.  MUFAs alone seem to be sufficient for life extension in C. Elegans and mice.

• Informative x 2
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, polyphenol, evoo, longevity, polyphenols, olive oil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users