• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Interesting case study. Serotonin syndrome. receptor damage.

serotonin syndrome receptor damage

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bosco Taylor

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 March 2016 - 06:41 PM

Hi, after reading this tread (http://www.longecity...se-please-help/) you guys seems more clued up about receptor damage and recovery than anything i can find. I'm hoping to get an answer to my problem.  

the more I research i do The more i'm becoming fascinated with neuroscience and the interaction drugs have on our brains. 

I'm a 20 year old male living in London. 

My drug habits were fairly normal. Nothing excessive, mdma/pills at gigs once a month. ketamine and cannabis occasionally. 

However during 2015 personal aspects of my life became increasingly tolling and destructive. This lead to a deep depression. 

The depression peaked early January 2016. It was during this time i found my brothers Sertraline. 

I had zero knowledge of ssri's and one afternoon before a party i took a whole 100mg pill thinking it might cool my depression. During the party i was given a strong Mdma pill 200mg+. The interaction was obvious. I felt the physical effects, dilated pupils ect.. but zero euphoria. The ssri had blocked the receptors, stopping the dump of serotonin.  

The next day i woke with massive dilated pupils and intermittent vibrating fuzzy vision, i felt incredibly weak with shooting muscle spasms in my back and arms. This lasted for another day or so. Had i been aware of serotonin syndrome i would of gone to straight to the ER.  

after a very down and lethargic 2 weeks i was at a show and tried rolling again. This time similar effects. physical signs of mdma with zero come up. 

it has now been 2 months since the interaction of ssris and mdma. I have just returned for a music festival were strong pills and pure mdma crystal failed to produce any sort of roll. My sex drive has been completely zero. asexual would be a perfect way to describe it. 

After much research about this interaction i've drastically changed my habits to include;

- zero mdma use

- multi vitamin supplements with vitamin b and melatonin  

- brain exercises, usually making music/ newspaper puzzles 

- trying to live in a happy optimistic way. 

My questions now are these; 

- will my libido return 

- I understand supplements wont outright fix this but what would you recommend

- what other drugs should i abstain from

- anyone had good experience recovering from issues such as mine 

- any good resources on serotonin syndrome/receptor damage 

Please help!!! im very interested in learning what has happened in a neurological sense.  

#2 Guest_Funiture2_*

• Lurker

Posted 02 June 2021 - 10:04 PM

Hi Bosco,

unlikely that you will respond to this since this was posted 7 years ago, but did your symptoms eventually abate?

Did you pursue any form of treatment for this?

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: serotonin syndrome, receptor damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users