Swanson?

quality control

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:26 AM

Hi guys, i'm new to this forum, sadly like for anything else i become obsessed with many things i get interest in, and im  obsessed with potentially buying supplements which does not contain what they say, or the amount they say.

is Swanson a brand, i can trust?

#2 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 11:33 AM

Be aware Swansons 'whole spectrum herbs' are just the plain spices in capsules, like their Turmeric. On the other hand, they are the only company which make DHEA reasonable priced available to the European market. According to my blood levels it works.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:52 PM

Be aware Swansons 'whole spectrum herbs' are just the plain spices in capsules, like their Turmeric. On the other hand, they are the only company which make DHEA reasonable priced available to the European market. According to my blood levels it works.

You say that as if it is fraudulent, but it seems they market it for what it is--

Made with organic herbs

Delivers antioxidants to knock out free radicals

Supports cardiovascular, liver and joint health

Full spectrum appears to be an industry term for supplements that are not extracted to contain only one compound, as compared to the range of compounds occurring naturally. They may not be extracted at all.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 03 April 2016 - 12:53 PM.

#4 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:08 PM

You say that as if it is fraudulent, but it seems they market it for what it is--

Didn't want to say that it's fraudulent. It just happened that I was looking for an extracted products and in the hurry to compare products of different sites - and neglecting to read the fine print each time - I ended up with what I didn't wanted. I obviously prefer spices in powdered form, especially Turmeric by the kilogram.

So just a reminder to always read the fine print, compare capsule/tablet count with suggested serving size, and the actual ingredients standardized for what.

#5 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2016 - 06:33 PM

Thanks guys, can anyone please answer me about the crucial part? do you think they got the ingredients as they state?

#6 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:58 PM

Sorry to bump the thread, but i will need info on this....

#7 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 07:11 PM

Feel free to read my first reply to your question again, where I already gave you an answer.

• like x 1

#8 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2016 - 07:12 PM

Feel free to read my first reply to your question again, where I already gave you an answer.

Thanks, sorry i missed the last part of your post! did you used any other supplement from them?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#9 Revera

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:55 PM

Swanson is one of the best considering options, prices, guarantees, certifications, reviews and even having the support of Consumer Labs, a leading independent laboratory that busts fake or contaminated supplements for us folk.

The delivery of my previous order included two 10% discount codes for future orders, as well. They are my primary source currently. Usually I use their web site directly, but depending on the product I can sometimes get it cheaper on Amazon (though still sold by them, coincidentally!)

But at the end of the day, you might want to try different brands and products to find what works for you, though. And check reviews and guarantees and such to get a general idea of what to expect. Test the smell, taste and appearance of various supplements also, for awareness of changes or misrepresentations.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: quality control

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users