• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Any supplements to counteract the weight gaining effects of zyprexa?

schizophrenia zyprexa weight loss

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 szninja

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:04 PM

I crave a lot of carbs on this med. I tried the keto diet but for some reason I would fall off the diet and gain all the weight back. I need the extra help supplement-wise along with the keto diet. Thanks!

#2 YOLF

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:49 PM

Appetite suppressants are generally going to counteract the effects of that class of medication... I'd want to have one of those stomach size limiting bags installed. Testosterone might help if you can get it. BioViva has an experimental gene therapy that would help you burn more calories too. I think that's like $100k, but it's good for bone density and some cardiovascular diseases as well.

Or I suppose hCG drops or injections might work too, it'll be about maintaining high activity levels.

This kind of treatment is the last in a long line of alternatives, did you try other methods of intervention? Supplements, nutrition, coaching etc?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:38 AM

What dose are you on? I had cravings too at 20mg of zyprexa but I cut it down to 5mg and it's no longer a problem.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: schizophrenia, zyprexa, weight loss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users